Harem c8m4 released Sep 6 2019

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Harem 0.5.1 released 4/17 (slavery, mind control, dark s

Postby ker » Wed May 09, 2012 6:42 am

I have no plans of getting rid of the dark path, don't worry about that. I was just wondering if more people would enjoy it if the dark path was a bit less brutal sometimes. Some people will only enjoy one path I know that, but if the dark path is only enjoyed by a small fraction of players, well that's something that I can improve. How can I make Ralph a callous bastard but still make it exciting for as many people as possible? Like Seyser's suggestion is excellent, and one I will definitely be thinking of as I write more dark scenes.

Given that the dark path is staying (which was never in question) what can I do to make it more exciting and interesting? I suppose that would be a better way of stating what I was asking. Not whether or not the path will exist, but how to make it better.

Oh, and you'll have the ability to rename the player in 0.6. Although I will always still refer to him as Ralph in the threads just to avoid confusion.
I'm making a H game of my own called Harem. Version c6m0 released 4/5/17
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2237

Blog http://harem-vx.blogspot.com/ Patreon https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2583450&ty=h
ker

Postby ker » Wed May 09, 2012 6:48 am

Darko666 Wrote:Hey,

I have a problem, the game won't start.
First I get the error of not having the RGSS202E.dll even though I do have it.
I already have games like despair labyrinth and elysium and I can play those but not this one.
After I copy the RGSS202E.dll into the same folder as game.exe it no longer gives the error of RGSS202E.dll.
BUT it does give me this error: 'RPGVX RTP is not found'
I dont know what to do.. please help me, I think it's a really nice game.

- Darko

Delete Harem, redownload, and try again. 99% of the time shit like that is caused by a bad download. Send me a PM if you need the MF link.

Blog http://harem-vx.blogspot.com/ Patreon https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2583450&ty=h
ker

Postby StarkePT » Wed May 09, 2012 7:07 am

ker Wrote:I have no plans of getting rid of the dark path, don't worry about that. I was just wondering if more people would enjoy it if the dark path was a bit less brutal sometimes. Some people will only enjoy one path I know that, but if the dark path is only enjoyed by a small fraction of players, well that's something that I can improve. How can I make Ralph a callous bastard but still make it exciting for as many people as possible? Like Seyser's suggestion is excellent, and one I will definitely be thinking of as I write more dark scenes.

Given that the dark path is staying (which was never in question) what can I do to make it more exciting and interesting? I suppose that would be a better way of stating what I was asking. Not whether or not the path will exist, but how to make it better.

Oh, and you'll have the ability to rename the player in 0.6. Although I will always still refer to him as Ralph in the threads just to avoid confusion.

I think it's mostly Terra, people don't know the importance she might have in future versions, but, one can't help but feel sorry for a game character, however! It's just, amazing. Brings so much depth, honestly I don't want to sound like the big douchebag that says people don't know what they want, but sometimes you gotta be the guy, there has GOT to be a Dark path, and it has to be this brutal, I'm sorry guys, but truth be told unless you're looking for Fap material, just play the Light path, and leave the Dark one for the fans of it or those who don't mind, if it's so brutal why do you play it? Because deep down you know it's a game, doesn't cause any harm, and you feel a guilty pleasure about it.

ANYWAY, to everyone who finished the Western Crosix Tentacle quest and didn't finish the Orc Village second coming with the explosives and didn't get Fenja etc. SEND ME YOUR SAVE GAME FILES, there is no problem if you are in Crosix, I will just put the Heartstone back in your inventory. I will fix the no encounter error for you and you will be able to get in battles again. Upload them to Mediafire or no go! Mediafire is easy, free and fast, simple as that. I might even throw a little surprise for you in the save ;).

If you send me a CG.save complete with every scene EXCEPT the ones that have errors (can't be unlocked in the Gallery on the current version) I will send you the complete gallery, you just have to prove that you have unlocked everything first, again, Mediafire or no go.

Today I had a LoL tournament and I had to face a couple of teams around my Elo so since they weren't easy games my team needed me, but tomorrow I should be able to progress or even finish the walkthrough.
Last edited by StarkePT on Wed May 09, 2012 7:47 am, edited 5 times in total.
StarkePT

Postby ker » Wed May 09, 2012 7:11 am

Preferably in PMs so this thread doesn't get dominated by links =)

ker

Postby StarkePT » Wed May 09, 2012 7:12 am

ker Wrote:Preferably in PMs so this thread doesn't get dominated by links =)

This ^
StarkePT

Postby SpectralTime » Wed May 09, 2012 8:16 am

...Whelp, I gots to ask. If you ARE thinking about changing the requirements for the well scene, will advancing with the plot beyond Western Corsix into the city proper wall it off for the foreseeable future?
SpectralTime

Postby ker » Wed May 09, 2012 8:39 am

SpectralTime Wrote:...Whelp, I gots to ask. If you ARE thinking about changing the requirements for the well scene, will advancing with the plot beyond Western Corsix into the city proper wall it off for the foreseeable future?

At the earliest, if I write it, it wouldn't be written until 0.6c which is when those walls come down. And it would be a quite different scene, just using the same quest idea as a basis.

The scene itself wouldn't make sense if you weren't trying to get Noemi into the brothel. I'd be thinking more of a gratuitous threesome as a result of the alternative path for the quest. But it would be probably something a bit different in the quest as well to make it accessible if you had already seen the well scene.

ker

Postby StarkePT » Wed May 09, 2012 8:53 am

Just gonna leave this here because people do miss things a lot.

To everyone who finished the Western Crosix Tentacle quest and didn't finish the Orc Village second coming with the explosives and didn't get Fenja etc. SEND ME YOUR SAVE GAME FILES, there is no problem if you are in Crosix, I will just put the Heartstone back in your inventory. I will fix the no encounter error for you and you will be able to get in battles again. Upload them to Mediafire or no go! Mediafire is easy, free and fast, simple as that. I might even throw a little surprise for you in the save (like copious amounts of gold or exclusive items / spells) if you ask nicely.

If you send me a CG.save complete with every scene EXCEPT the ones that have errors (can't be unlocked in the Gallery on the current version) I will send you the absolutely complete gallery, you just have to prove that you have unlocked everything possible first, again, Mediafire or no go.

Send me the files through PM only! Do not flood this thread with links. Thanks.
StarkePT

Postby BlueBody » Wed May 09, 2012 9:27 am

ker Wrote:I have no plans of getting rid of the dark path, don't worry about that. I was just wondering if more people would enjoy it if the dark path was a bit less brutal sometimes. Some people will only enjoy one path I know that, but if the dark path is only enjoyed by a small fraction of players, well that's something that I can improve. How can I make Ralph a callous bastard but still make it exciting for as many people as possible? Like Seyser's suggestion is excellent, and one I will definitely be thinking of as I write more dark scenes.

Well, to be honest, here's train of thoughts about this:

1) you've got the dark, evil-guy beating of the women, selling them for material profit, humiliation. and the heroic light side is also covered. Basically, you've got the baseline requirements down, and that's really good. Many games might miss that, whereas you provided generous amounts of the stereotypical goodguy/badguy story elements.

2) perhaps train a protege? Train someone to be your right-hand man/woman; Samantha and Tomas (friend of Jessica) comes to mind for the Dark Path, and Donna and the loyal friend of Jessica for the Light Path. I haven't played this game for a bit, so I apologize for the spotty memory.

3) The person [people] you select to be your chosen ones will be basically a "converted follower" to follow in your actions; i.e. Samantha becomes a strong but sadistic madam, or Donna becomes your main choice of righteous counsel for yourself and others.

4) Maybe make a dramatic scene where Samantha snaps and show the character development of her downward spiral. On the flipside, Donna could either become an awesome healer where she grants access to Light-path only characters, like how Rhea was, when she soothes their hearts / heal their pain. Ham it up if you want :D

5) Allow cross-path development. Say, you've gotten Samantha down to the most evil she can be. Suddenly, the main character has a change of heart. Show her surprise (and disgust) at your soft-heartedness after what you've made her into. She then has to screw some sense into you. ;)
Likewise, Jessica's loyal friend might have been trained to become your righthand man in saving women (gotta mix up the examples, yeah?). You suddenly start beating Rhea or something, he could intervene and initiate a mock-battle scene, where you get some sense knocked into you. Stuff like that.

6) I'm slightly disappointed by the lacking number of beast/monster sex. >_>; But I guess this really doesn't fit your game plan, so this might not be relevant. But it might be good for humiliation and the "dark path".... LOTS OF MONSTER SEX PLZZZZZZZZ

7) As for the angel/demon woman... maybe allow access to their scenes in CG Mode? =[

8) Oh! I just thought of breaking in Terra. Maybe her mysterious rescuer comes to get her, only to find her a broken harem member, willing to be the main character's property now. Or perhaps split it up into two "dark" paths, where one she can resist if the main character isn't dark enough and she gets rescued, and the other path where she's been sufficiently taken by the dark main character.

9) dark path idea: chain disobeying/rebellious harem members in public displays in stocks (no, not the financial kind of stocks. the wooden kind.) and have villages do what they want with them.

10.a) OH. ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE CUSTOMIZABLE CONTENT? Like, I like how you take over the Desert Fortress for your own residence, and it felt like an upgrade from the island base. Have you played Swegabe's "Legend of Queen Opala" 1 & 2 games? She codes the game so that you can prettify your houses/mansions with artwork, or furniture. But instead, for Harem you can allow customization of a base for fetishes, or for normal scenes. (Ex: sex swing, normal bedroom, pool where harem women can lounge about naked/in bikinis :D )

10.b) A town to conquer/convert Conquer in the case of Dark Path, and Convert in the case of Light Path? I mean, think about it, a Dark town would have either rebels being humiliated by the Dark Ralph, or willing male accomplices + minor harem members (girls who are just eyecandy and perhaps maybe scenes, but not relevant to the storylines). A Light town would have a town full of people idolizing the Harem women, and maybe shrines to general female fertility / beauty? Scenes for a Light town would involve pseudo-Light Path "conversions" of women, and potentially... cuckolding scenes? zomg.
====================================================
I am out of ideas. That was all I came up with on the spot for the last 10-20 minutes.

I would be glad to contribute more ideas, and possibly bug reports too, and suggestions for improvement in NPC text/chat. But I require big releases to do so =[. I have a bad habit of waiting on 3-5 updates before playing a game if I know I will burn right through each small update. I don't like pushing myself to comb through a game for mistakes/errors/glitches... when I add input here on Renara's forums, it's always from playthroughs where I genuinely explore the games for stuff.

Hope this was some help... If not, eh, only 20-30 minutes of my time gone, nbd. :mrgreen:
Fav. games on LoK Forums!
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BlueBody

Postby StarkePT » Wed May 09, 2012 9:41 am

Samantha IS in fact his Protegé in the Dark path, also the responsible for the Harem. The monster sex scene doesn't suit the game that much so far (you do have the Orc scenes, and the tentacle beast scenes).
StarkePT

Postby BlueBody » Wed May 09, 2012 9:53 am

StarkePT Wrote:Samantha IS in fact his Protegé in the Dark path, also the responsible for the Harem. The monster sex scene doesn't suit the game that much so far (you do have the Orc scenes, and the tentacle beast scenes).

Eh... I'll be honest. I've only played through the dark path halfway. DX

However, yes, I did see signs of her developed for being favored over the other women. But that option to humiliate her is always there.... Does it ever go away?

What I meant was make her into a legitimately pseudo-equal of Ralph. I I mean, making it so that it's implied that he still has control over her but the option to abuse her is removed, thus added credibility to her "protege" status. Otherwise, it might be a hollow victory for her he she's still weak as ever. A weak protege is less worthy of mention when compared to a strong protege, right?

Yeah, I did take the orc and tentacle scenes into considerations, but they were really minor in stark contrast to the sheer number of other scenes in the game. I was just wondering if that genre of scenes would get further development in this game or not. -shrug-
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
edit: When I say "Eh... I'll be honest. I've only played through the dark path halfway. DX", I meant that I've already done the general dark path where all the girls were humiliated, and no one was spared. I'm currently doing a second "Dark Path" playthrough where Sam will be treated like a queen, and everyone else will 2nd priority. I'm guessing this will yield different results....
Fav. games on LoK Forums!
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BlueBody

Postby StarkePT » Wed May 09, 2012 10:29 am

Not throwing a million monster scenes at us makes it more worthy when we actually get one, at least in my PoV. That's why I like this game and Dlaby so much and I spare so much of my time supporting them..
StarkePT

Postby Lucky777 » Wed May 09, 2012 12:46 pm

ker Wrote:New poll :
I get quite a bit of feedback saying that the choice system makes the game far better, but I always hear 'I only play the light path'. I'm trying to decide if that's because the dark path is too dark and pushes people too far out of their comfort level to enjoy it,

Well see, here's the thing.
Here is legitimately just THE THING.
Dark Ralph's a hell of a dick.

I'm not particularly concerned with being a romantic sap, and if you've got a main character that can run around raping women and then brainwashing them, I'm all fine and down with that, especially if he has the technical skill to force pleasure on them physically.
But like.
While I don't give a damn about their theoretical consent, I don't see a reason to mistreat them any more than necessary to enforce obedience.
When you've got obedience-cum, it seems like mistreatment wouldn't even really enter into the equation at all.

This dude, on the other hand...
On the dark path, I didn't even really get past the Donna scene, 'cause I was thinking "Yeah, telling her not to deny you is cool and all, but why'd you have to make her burn breakfast, ya idjit? Shit was fuckin' uncalled for."

And then the thing with Samantha not whoring for you.
I'm all FOR getting her to do it, but I would kinda have preferred a more neutral option at first, something like "Order her to do it", rather than OH MAN PUNISHMENT.
Now, if she had denied the order, then punishment would have been appropriate, but ... Iunno, man.
And I haven't seen the upshot of it in this update (STILL only going off the previous version, I'm afraid), but with her seeming scared as hell in the brothel and shrinking away,
it seems more like you'll have permanently terrified her, rather than that you'll have let her know that obedience is a way to avoid unpleasant consequences.
Like, Dark Ralph doesn't "Like his slaves, but require obedience."
Dark Ralph ... well, for all I can tell from those two scenes, he hates the fucking shit out of his slaves.

Me? I don't hate the shit out of them. So I don't play as him.

...Also due to not having two save files, I never tried sitting down on the chair in Tera's head, but I plan to try that and other things when I play this update.
If the chair is gone, I'll have to wade back through the PREVIOUS update to try it out, but I always wondered "What happens, exactly?"
Lucky777

Postby StarkePT » Wed May 09, 2012 6:45 pm

Lucky777 Wrote:
ker Wrote:New poll :
I get quite a bit of feedback saying that the choice system makes the game far better, but I always hear 'I only play the light path'. I'm trying to decide if that's because the dark path is too dark and pushes people too far out of their comfort level to enjoy it,

Well see, here's the thing.
Here is legitimately just THE THING.
Dark Ralph's a hell of a dick.

I'm not particularly concerned with being a romantic sap, and if you've got a main character that can run around raping women and then brainwashing them, I'm all fine and down with that, especially if he has the technical skill to force pleasure on them physically.
But like.
While I don't give a damn about their theoretical consent, I don't see a reason to mistreat them any more than necessary to enforce obedience.
When you've got obedience-cum, it seems like mistreatment wouldn't even really enter into the equation at all.

This dude, on the other hand...
On the dark path, I didn't even really get past the Donna scene, 'cause I was thinking "Yeah, telling her not to deny you is cool and all, but why'd you have to make her burn breakfast, ya idjit? Shit was fuckin' uncalled for."

And then the thing with Samantha not whoring for you.
I'm all FOR getting her to do it, but I would kinda have preferred a more neutral option at first, something like "Order her to do it", rather than OH MAN PUNISHMENT.
Now, if she had denied the order, then punishment would have been appropriate, but ... Iunno, man.
And I haven't seen the upshot of it in this update (STILL only going off the previous version, I'm afraid), but with her seeming scared as hell in the brothel and shrinking away,
it seems more like you'll have permanently terrified her, rather than that you'll have let her know that obedience is a way to avoid unpleasant consequences.
Like, Dark Ralph doesn't "Like his slaves, but require obedience."
Dark Ralph ... well, for all I can tell from those two scenes, he hates the fucking shit out of his slaves.

Me? I don't hate the shit out of them. So I don't play as him.

...Also due to not having two save files, I never tried sitting down on the chair in Tera's head, but I plan to try that and other things when I play this update.
If the chair is gone, I'll have to wade back through the PREVIOUS update to try it out, but I always wondered "What happens, exactly?"

Ahaha Lucky, apparently you are unaware how slavery works.

Back in the days slaves were threated like animals, below animals actually, there were horses and cattle that would be threated better than slaves. It's not that Ralph hates them, it's more like, the fastest way to train an animal is to induce pain when they do something wrong, not saying this is very much human but it is what it is, Edrin does the same thing, regardless of Light or Dark paths, they just don't threat slaves as equals or anywhere NEAR, in fact, Ralpha is a hell of a nice master, back in the days on Africa, South America, if you as much as TALKED, or LOOKED at your master in a different way you'd be struck or beat half to dead immediately, now, I am against any type of slavery, hell even labor slavery, I'm against the system I belong to, but the Dark path depicts EXACTLY how it is, this is no Light path and slightly Darker path, no, it's Mr pukes rainbows loves his slaves and wouldn't hurt a fly vs Satan impersonated and I personally, love both, it's a game, a wonderful one, and it's about slavery, you gotta make girls your slaves, am I the only one who actually realizes this game was bond to be brutal from the get go? What I suggest is to do exactly what you've been doing man, play the Light version.

It doesn't get any more simple, the Dark version can be too dark? Sometimes yes, but the depth it offers to a character? Ralph goes from a douchebag for no reason, to a genious evil man, seriously, after the Terra scene I was like: "Omg, I just can't proceed, what's next he's gonna tear a girl from limb to limb?" and then he GROWS on you, you don't know what you're missing.
StarkePT

Postby Seyser Koze » Wed May 09, 2012 7:40 pm

StarkePT Wrote:It doesn't get any more simple, the Dark version can be too dark? Sometimes yes, but the depth it offers to a character? Ralph goes from a douchebag for no reason, to a genious evil man, seriously, after the Terra scene I was like: "Omg, I just can't proceed, what's next he's gonna tear a girl from limb to limb?" and then he GROWS on you, you don't know what you're missing.

Except he doesn't show signs that he's outgrowing his petty douchebaggery, he just sort of... stops, and with no real indication that he wouldn't pick it up again at random.
Seyser Koze

Postby Lucky777 » Wed May 09, 2012 8:15 pm

StarkePT Wrote:Ahaha Lucky, apparently you are unaware how slavery works.

And apparently you never heard of house-slaves, who were actually treated reasonably well, on the plantations (at least by the less cruel slavemasters.)

Now mind you, I'm actually entirely FOR sex-slavery, and I'm not saying to get rid of or modify the dark path even in the slightest.

I'm saying "Bro, I'm lookin' for another path where Ralph isn't straight-up misogynistic, and if you force people to choose only between either faggy ol' goody two-shoes Ralph or
'Fuck all y'all chicks, I don't like you even a little bit, I'mma wife-beat yo' ass with little to no provocation and then send you to clean the toilets' Ralph, then
you shouldn't be too surprised when even the Luckys sometimes pull a fucking Spectral."
Lucky777

Postby StarkePT » Wed May 09, 2012 8:42 pm

Lucky777 Wrote:
StarkePT Wrote:Ahaha Lucky, apparently you are unaware how slavery works.

And apparently you never heard of house-slaves, who were actually treated reasonably well, on the plantations (at least by the less cruel slavemasters.)

Now mind you, I'm actually entirely FOR sex-slavery, and I'm not saying to get rid of or modify the dark path even in the slightest.

I'm saying "Bro, I'm lookin' for another path where Ralph isn't straight-up misogynistic, and if you force people to choose only between either faggy ol' goody two-shoes Ralph or
'Fuck all y'all chicks, I don't like you even a little bit, I'mma wife-beat yo' ass with little to no provocation and then send you to clean the toilets' Ralph, then
you shouldn't be too surprised when even the Luckys sometimes pull a fucking Spectral."

Well I agree that there should be some sort of mid term indeed.

You really don't like Spectral do you? xD
StarkePT

Postby Lucky777 » Wed May 09, 2012 9:14 pm

I actually think he's an intelligent and pretty pleasant individual, but when it comes to "factions", he's definitely not in the same boat as me and mah fetishes.
The reference to him is really just in the same way that I talk about the "Ayra crew" in Dlaby:
It's reference to a body of thoughts or opinions expressed by an individual, via the short-hand method of just invoking their name.
(EDIT:Oh, also, for clarification, though I assume it'd be clear enough:
To "Pull a Spectral" was "To play the Light side path and say the Dark side path made them sad.")
Last edited by Lucky777 on Thu May 10, 2012 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lucky777

Postby SpectralTime » Wed May 09, 2012 9:19 pm

...Yeah, that's about the same way I feel about you, Luckster.

Stark, I think he was poking fun at the fact that I can and will launch into a pages-long rant at the slightest provocation, which is, you know... Mockable. I know that I have a problem, after all.

As an actual American southerner... I'm just plain staying out of the slavery debate. I've got too many conflicting, complicated feelings on the subject, and, well, I just mocked my own tendency to rant.
SpectralTime

Postby Lucky777 » Wed May 09, 2012 9:24 pm

Nah, not pokin' fun.

Same as with Ayra, it's just sort of a recognition that the opinions expressed tend to be expressed with sufficient clarity to associate yer name with them in my head.

For me to mock long-windedness would be beyond the pot calling the kettle black.
Lucky777

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects