Harem c8m4 released Sep 6 2019

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Harem 0.5.1 released 4/17 (slavery, mind control, dark s

Postby StarkePT » Mon May 07, 2012 7:01 pm

ker Wrote:Two minor corrections to the wiki

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

-Samantha's capture is ethos neutral, no light/dark implications
-The owner of the resort lets men pay him to fuck slaves on the beach, but doesn't necessarily do so himself.
-Just word choice, it'd be better to say you save the girl (regardless or independent) of path, rather than despite it

Fixed, fixed and fixed. The third one, for current and future references. [In case you didn't notice yet (of course you did lol) my native tongue is not English].

Anyway guys, take a jump at the Wiki that you can find here: http://haremthefantasyslavegame.wikia.c ... _Game_Wiki

Take a look at the walkthrough and tell me what you think of it so far and what would you like to see in the walkthrough to improve it, thanks.
StarkePT

Postby Akara » Mon May 07, 2012 8:15 pm

I can't find the jungle orcs to save my life. >.>
Akara
Newly Registered

Postby ker » Mon May 07, 2012 9:14 pm

Akara Wrote:I can't find the jungle orcs to save my life. >.>

Have you completed the tunnels in Corsix, defeating the king? If you have, there's a bug listed under known bugs. Encounters get turned off at that point and I forgot to turn them back on. And you can't find the orcs without them.
I'm making a H game of my own called Harem. Version c6m0 released 4/5/17
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2237

Blog http://harem-vx.blogspot.com/ Patreon https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2583450&ty=h
ker

Postby Akara » Mon May 07, 2012 9:31 pm

ker Wrote:

Have you completed the tunnels in Corsix, defeating the king? If you have, there's a bug listed under known bugs. Encounters get turned off at that point and I forgot to turn them back on. And you can't find the orcs without them.

No not on this save.
Akara
Newly Registered

Postby StarkePT » Mon May 07, 2012 9:40 pm

Read the post above this one, also have you finished the first part of the Orc encampment?
StarkePT

Postby Akara » Mon May 07, 2012 9:42 pm

StarkePT Wrote:

Read the post above this one, also have you finished the first part of the Orc encampment?

Yes.And I have.
Akara
Newly Registered

Postby Akara » Mon May 07, 2012 9:45 pm

StarkePT Wrote:

wait the main quest one,the goblin cave or am I missing a orc camp?
Akara
Newly Registered

Postby Savyar » Tue May 08, 2012 12:00 am

The item in game which i am assuming is Flame shield is spelt Frame shield, r instead of l i think this is a spelling mistake but i could be wrong
Savyar

Postby StarkePT » Tue May 08, 2012 1:33 am

Did a full revamp on the Wikia, check it out and leave your comments here.

- First page was completely revamped.
- Walkthrough was updated further until the beginning of the second Orc encampment.
- Characters section was update.
- Some pages had their names changed to be easier to link in-between them.

Now back to the Walkthrough :D
StarkePT

Postby Darthan » Tue May 08, 2012 2:20 am

Great game ker. I do have a few comments.

I would suggest adding the color coding to the options when trying to get Samantha. Neither of these options really points to a light or dark choice until after you make the dark choice.

I think you have the trigger for the CG mode in the wrong place for scene 082 and scene 326.
After talking to the inn owner once I saved and exited to the menu to look at the CG mode and scene 082 was unlocked even though I had not completed the sequence of events to actually view the scene.
Scene 326 has appeared in the CG mode for me even though the only dealings I have had with Alena is that I allowed here to use the passage in the fortress to bypass the blockage at Corsix.

It may just be that I somehow managed to glitch things and cause these things to happen, I plan on wiping my CG save and starting again to test and will let you know what I find.
Darthan

Postby ker » Tue May 08, 2012 2:37 am

Darthan Wrote:Great game ker. I do have a few comments.

I would suggest adding the color coding to the options when trying to get Samantha. Neither of these options really points to a light or dark choice until after you make the dark choice.

I think you have the trigger for the CG mode in the wrong place for scene 082 and scene 326.
After talking to the inn owner once I saved and exited to the menu to look at the CG mode and scene 082 was unlocked even though I had not completed the sequence of events to actually view the scene.
Scene 326 has appeared in the CG mode for me even though the only dealings I have had with Alena is that I allowed here to use the passage in the fortress to bypass the blockage at Corsix.

It may just be that I somehow managed to glitch things and cause these things to happen, I plan on wiping my CG save and starting again to test and will let you know what I find.

It is extremely hard for me to find the unlock errors on the positive side. It's a matter of finding an individual switch toggle among the thousands of events in the game. Unless you can tell me a very specific course of actions from before it was toggle to after it was toggled, it's needle in a haystack. It's also a low priority bug as it doesn't break anything, doesn't withhold anything, and doesn't give anything that would make the game easier/harder. I'll keep my eye open for it though, thanks!

And Samantha is actually value neutral for exactly the reason that you mentioned. Both choices are kinda neutral and only become clear later. So they both end in the same point with no ethos change.

Blog http://harem-vx.blogspot.com/ Patreon https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2583450&ty=h
ker

Postby Darthan » Tue May 08, 2012 3:08 am

Darthan Wrote:Great game ker. I do have a few comments.

After starting over I have found that I was wrong about scene 082 it is in fact unlocking when scene 081 should. After starting a dark playthrough it seems that scene 081 is unlocking after accepting Jorg's initial offer instead of when you free Cindy. I have not yet gotten far enough to encounter Alena but will give more info when I get to that point.

Something else I noticed, in scene 168 in the final image all of Terra's tattoos are missing. Not that big of a deal but I thought I would point it out.
Darthan

Postby Darko666 » Tue May 08, 2012 10:04 pm

Hey,

I have a problem, the game won't start.
First I get the error of not having the RGSS202E.dll even though I do have it.
I already have games like despair labyrinth and elysium and I can play those but not this one.
After I copy the RGSS202E.dll into the same folder as game.exe it no longer gives the error of RGSS202E.dll.
BUT it does give me this error: 'RPGVX RTP is not found'
I dont know what to do.. please help me, I think it's a really nice game.

- Darko
Darko666

Postby ker » Wed May 09, 2012 3:43 am

Thanks for the feedback on the previous poll. I've decided to take a middle path. 0.6 divides itself fairly neatly into 7 phases and I'm going to be releasing those in groups. 0.6a will be phases 1-3, 0.6b 4-5, 0.6c 6-7. That should allow me to create a sizeable amount of content in each release (1 hour or so) and still keep releases 3-4 months apart. I think it's a good balance.

New poll :
I get quite a bit of feedback saying that the choice system makes the game far better, but I always hear 'I only play the light path'. I'm trying to decide if that's because the dark path is too dark and pushes people too far out of their comfort level to enjoy it, or is it just people not wanting to admit that they enjoy the content. So I figure a anonymous poll might be a great way of figuring out what's going on. Even if I do decide to pull back a bit on the content, the dark path will still be dark involving frequent rapes and unwilling slavery, just not quite to the same degree of pervision. Vote now! :)
Edit : Poll system seems not too like me deleting the old poll and adding a new one. Giving me just an insane number of options, mixed between the old poll and the new one. And deleting those options and putting in new ones seems to make them multiply even more. Odd

Darth - I'll take a look at those and try to correct the problem.
Last edited by ker on Wed May 09, 2012 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

ker

Postby BlueBody » Wed May 09, 2012 3:56 am

ker Wrote:Thanks for the feedback on the previous poll. I've decided to take a middle path. 0.6 divides itself fairly neatly into 7 phases and I'm going to be releasing those in groups. 0.6a will be phases 1-3, 0.6b 4-5, 0.6c 6-7. That should allow me to create a sizeable amount of content in each release (1 hour or so) and still keep releases 3-4 months apart. I think it's a good balance.

New poll :
I get quite a bit of feedback saying that the choice system makes the game far better, but I always hear 'I only play the light path'. I'm trying to decide if that's because the dark path is too dark and pushes people too far out of their comfort level to enjoy it, or is it just people not wanting to admit that they enjoy the content. So I figure a anonymous poll might be a great way of figuring out what's going on. Even if I do decide to pull back a bit on the content, the dark path will still be dark involving frequent rapes and unwilling slavery, just not quite to the same degree of pervision. Vote now! :)

.... WHAT. I love the dark path! Doing bad things in a game does not make you a bad person! That's like saying all Grand Theft Auto players are going to be hooker-robbing, car-jacking thieves!

It's just a fantasy. And I do enjoy the dark path. Mind you, I enjoy the light path too. I always play both, otherwises it's like i'm opting out of half the entire game!

If you must water down your dark content... could you at least make it so that there's a "dark" path and a "True Dark" path please? :shock:
Fav. games on LoK Forums!
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BlueBody

Postby StarkePT » Wed May 09, 2012 5:10 am

ker Wrote:Thanks for the feedback on the previous poll. I've decided to take a middle path. 0.6 divides itself fairly neatly into 7 phases and I'm going to be releasing those in groups. 0.6a will be phases 1-3, 0.6b 4-5, 0.6c 6-7. That should allow me to create a sizeable amount of content in each release (1 hour or so) and still keep releases 3-4 months apart. I think it's a good balance.

New poll :
Edit : Poll system seems not too like me deleting the old poll and adding a new one. Giving me just an insane number of options, mixed between the old poll and the new one. And deleting those options and putting in new ones seems to make them multiply even more. Odd

Do NOT touch the Path system, seriously! While the Light path is also my favorite due to my personality, Dark path just COMPLEMENTS IT, seriously some scenes in the Dark path are just amaaaaazing, I honestly believe that after you did a playthrough in each path doing a mix of Light and Dark things is the best choice, for example, going in the Light path but forcing Samantha to work in the Brothel for example! Dark path offers many things that you can't get in the Light path, the game is perfect so far and if you fix all the glitches due version 7.0 comes out, it's just... Don't touch it, you're doing a perfect job.

I honestly couldn't put it better than the guy above, crying that this game is too dark is like saying the kids who played GTA are going to be hooker-beating, car-jacking murdering criminals. It's just like I said in the Walkthrough in the Wiki at one point: "keep in mind this is a game and one must have the discernment of separating fiction from reality"
StarkePT

Postby JackalMask » Wed May 09, 2012 5:44 am

The game is fine the way it is. If you don't like the dark path then don't follow the dark path, boom simple, stop complaining. I prefer the dark path and would be really annoyed if it was lightened, there's a reason it's called the dark path. What's the point of game about capturing slaves if there's only consensual sex.
JackalMask

Postby Seyser Koze » Wed May 09, 2012 6:01 am

One thing that's kind of a turnoff is that a couple of the dark scenes (like the one with Donna in the kitchen) seem more like wife-beating husband behavior. Spousal abuse is generally seen as a manifestation of weakness or insecurity, whereas Ralph is this suave and ruthlessly competent individual who's going to raise and control an army of slaves and then violate the nation's leader, while keeping up a good public face the whole time. You'd think he'd find that kind of sheer pettiness beneath him.
Seyser Koze

Postby Darthan » Wed May 09, 2012 6:19 am

As far as the paths and the choice system go I have to agree that you should leave it as is. As several people have said already, if you don't like the dark path, don't play it. It seems to me that in the light path Ralph is trying to to achieve his goals but have allies (his slaves). In the dark path it seems that Ralph is just working on getting what he wants (in more ways than one). As far as I have seen Ralph is not doing anything in either path that seems to contradict this, though I could be totally off on the way ker is trying to portray Ralph in the different paths. Once again if you don't like it, don't play the path.
Darthan

Postby Zeus Kabob » Wed May 09, 2012 6:29 am

I did both paths. I think in a lot of RPGs, people play good orientation because the DM (GM, dev, whatever) sets it up to reward you for being good and punish you for being bad. When you need to deal with guards, having a lot of bad acts on your record can be nerve-wracking. You don't know if a guard's going to know that you've done a bad thing and arrest you.

In general I'll take both paths, but if I have to choose one I'll choose the light path.
Zeus Kabob

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects