Jumbo70's Art Garden

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

What should i focus on?

Keep going the way you go now.
30%
Study more of the proper placement of the butt hole(anatomy).
30%
Study more shadin.
3%
I don't care bout polls but I like tick boxes and buttons.
37%

Total votes : 30

Re: Jumbo70's Art

Postby Zeus Kabob » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:32 am

Jumbo70 Wrote:Realized that it will be easier to see the difference if i make pictures with the different things :D
so heres one of em.

would like constructive criticism
bigger if needed http://filesmelt.com/dl/das2.jpg
when will i bee free of pedobear cheking my posts?

Little bit of constructive criticism: The face and muzzle look masculine. I'm not sure if its the brow, the square edges of the muzzle, or what, but it looks like a dude.

Other than that, it looks nice.
Zeus Kabob

Postby Jumbo70 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:32 am

Corbac Wrote:
KaTsuO_O Wrote:Yep, basically how the body is shaped is anatomy.

Step 1. Look up anatomy, http://www.posemaniacs.com is a great site for that.oh hell no... posemaniacs is definitely not a good ref for anatomy, it's only interesting use would be practicing poses but there is only ONE female modele so it's always the same proportions ( http://www.pixelovely.com/gesture/figuredrawing.php this is a waaaaayyy better tool when it comes to figure drawing) if you want to learn anatomy, try to look for books by Andrew Loomis or Georg B. Bridgman, it's not too hard to find .pdf files of those.
Step 2. Take notes, size, lengths and placement of body parts and compare parts in size, lengths and placement.definitely yes
Step 3. Draw a body using 3d shapes with circles as joints and a big circle as head.again, yes. picturing the body in 3d is extremely important but personally i prefer using cube shapes to structure it since a circle doesn't show real volume or direction (even if you draw axes on it) but that's just a personal preference.

I started to use 3d shapes for body parts and it really helped me a lot. If you have questions or want more information, feel free to ask anything.

about your drawings, the last piece definitely shows some improvement in the movement, the anatomy and the expression compared to previous ones. there is an impression of depth that works pretty well with the placement of her feet. Also, i think you should try some inking on your characters, there is more to drawing than just HBpencil.

Il check the site n books, thanks ^^

Zeus Kabob Wrote:Little bit of constructive criticism: The face and muzzle look masculine. I'm not sure if its the brow, the square edges of the muzzle, or what, but it looks like a dude.

Other than that, it looks nice.

That is true :D
And that is why ive been updating the face all the time :3 trying my best to get it more femine
I think ive managed to do that aswell, when checking out my newer stuff ^^
Thanksies anyway, appreciate it ^^
Jumbo70

Postby Zeus Kabob » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:12 pm

It's true, your newer stuff is much more feminine. I also liked you Ninetails sprite a lot.
Zeus Kabob

Postby Jumbo70 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:18 am

Zeus Kabob Wrote:It's true, your newer stuff is much more feminine. I also liked you Ninetails sprite a lot.

Thanks! ^^
Jumbo70

Postby Jumbo70 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:34 pm

New one! :3
sorry no nekkid this time :3
img098.jpg
Constructive critique please :3

also im thinking hard on colouring n stuff this on computer (epic fail incomin, im sure XD)
but in try to minimize the epic fail, could someone give me sum advice? I have photoshop cs5.1 and im new to it :3
i have a tablet tough, an aiptek but im not verry good in using it :3

Infact anykind of advice in using photoshop would be appreciated, like what pencils to use n so on :3
Jumbo70

Postby shinox23 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:43 pm

Jumbo... I would not mind seeing this wolf girl in a few RPs... She be a nice character to journey with +~+
shinox23

Postby Jumbo70 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:29 pm

shinox23 Wrote:Jumbo... I would not mind seeing this wolf girl in a few RPs... She be a nice character to journey with +~+

be my guest ^^
I think you like it then, thank you! ^^

New one, and this time nekkid n horny!!!! XD
img106.jpg
its tilted, i know

Constructive critique, please ^^
i think there will be some on this one :3
Jumbo70

Postby Jumbo70 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:48 pm

Sieppaa.JPG

trying n trying to learn how to draw with comp XD
i haz tablet, an Aiptek 1400U
pic: http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/imag.....175119586_.jpg

And id appreciate anykind of help on getting more "slimmer", beautyfull lines, less shaky n so
I use photoshop for my crap, if that helps
Anykind of advice would be appreciated!
Jumbo70

Postby Jumbo70 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:02 pm

I tried a different way of drawing with this one
I started pics before with a "stickcman" but with this one i tried making a somekind of "meatman"? and i personaly think it looks way better now ^^
would like a outside opinion tough :D
img115e.jpg

I alredy got critiuqe from FA, that i shouldve made her less skinny, all them organs dont fit inside her.
shadows somehow disapear when i scan it, tough they are not that dark now
Jumbo70

Postby BlueLight » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:16 pm

Jumbo70 Wrote:I tried a different way of drawing with this one
I started pics before with a "stickcman" but with this one i tried making a somekind of "meatman"? and i personaly think it looks way better now ^^
would like a outside opinion tough :D
img115e.jpg

I alredy got critiuqe from FA, that i shouldve made her less skinny, all them organs dont fit inside her.
shadows somehow disapear when i scan it, tough they are not that dark now

Her toe needs work.
She seems to be balanced when she should be off balance.
That' all my untrained eye saw.

Could you remove the fur but for the ears and the tail? I want to see how well you can draw with more human features.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Jumbo70 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:10 pm

BlueLight Wrote:Her toe needs work.
She seems to be balanced when she should be off balance.
That' all my untrained eye saw.

Could you remove the fur but for the ears and the tail? I want to see how well you can draw with more human features.

I admit i have a shitload of stuff to learn on toes and hands.
But for the pic with more human features, i did try to make a char with a anime face but it seems that i cant draw em anymore XD

But here is something
img118e.jpg
i fuin need to remember to put my artist name on my crap!
Dont care bout the text, its my last page on the paperthingy n il start on new one XD
I think the eye is little off, dunno tough.

Criticism is as always very much appreciated :)
Jumbo70

Postby alfaBonk » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:33 pm

So far, I like this stuff -- you are improving. The only suggestions I might have are that your hands tend to being too small, and you should practice the lines for the major muscle groups -- that helps a lot when getting those all-important cuuurves just right. Also, I think a lot of your anatomy lines tend to just reproduce established styles -- loosen up and allow yourself to develop your own style.
alfaBonk

Postby kuja » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:36 pm

Her head is bigger than it should actually be, but the eyes/hair you made in furries are awesome, and the same can be said for the entire draw. try using any kind of ink, like nankin. It'll improve your works.
kuja

Postby Jumbo70 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:13 pm

kuja Wrote:Her head is bigger than it should actually be, but the eyes/hair you made in furries are awesome, and the same can be said for the entire draw. try using any kind of ink, like nankin. It'll improve your works.

Thanks! I really appreciate it! :D

I'l try to find those nankin inkies, never really tried inks before tough, and i dont know how to use one either :3
do you like put the ink on and then erase the pencil or?

Well i did try out that inking stuff with sum stuff that i found lying around

result
img119.jpg
Just a pretty fast doodle

it looks kinda cool but i think i need better inkin stuff and more practice on getting straight n not shaky lines XD
Jumbo70

Postby kuja » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:26 pm

Well, I think you have enough experience to be able to further professionalise. You should start using acrylic inks and so as(?) to be able to give more life to your drawings(if you dont want to become a digital artist ofc).
The entire process is quite simple: develop a draft and use a darker ink to finalize it. You can erase the graffiti if u want, or simply scan and remove the graffiti with some software.
U can mix some nankin ink with water and some coffee, in order to create an ink similar to watercolor and use as dark tones, which is very simple and practical.
kuja

Postby Jumbo70 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:25 am

kuja Wrote:Well, I think you have enough experience to be able to further professionalise. You should start using acrylic inks and so as(?) to be able to give more life to your drawings(if you dont want to become a digital artist ofc).
The entire process is quite simple: develop a draft and use a darker ink to finalize it. You can erase the graffiti if u want, or simply scan and remove the graffiti with some software.
U can mix some nankin ink with water and some coffee, in order to create an ink similar to watercolor and use as dark tones, which is very simple and practical.

Well, i'm trying my hand on tablet drawing but with not so good results so far XD (feels strange to draw somewhere and then look the other way, i think i need that 1000€ bamboo stuff XD) but i bet its only a matter of time and hardass training.
Jumbo70

Postby Thaedael » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:14 am

Jumbo70,
To be quite frank I do not know how you captivated Kuja to the extent you did, but either way you should be flattered. He was telling me how much he liked your style despite the roughness, because he thought you made the furries look Asian. You may not know my stance on furries, I started off by not really caring about them but since coming to the forums they have grown on me a bit, but I digress.

Here are my issues with the head piece you have drawn, and before I start I want to give my normal disclaimer when it comes to artistic feed back. I do not sugar coat it, I say what I like, what I hate, and in your case, you get double un-sugar coated in that I had to go through the long and annoying process of lineart, which I hate and lets me see the artist a bit better through working with it.

Your eyes. Kuja said he liked the fact she looked a bit oriental, I guess this comes down to the eyes. The general shape is ok, but the super steep curvature of it is a bit counter-intuitive to look at when interpreting your line art, this is especially the case when combined with the hair next to it.

Hair. The hair is nice, but my question was did you draw the face and hair at the same time, or did you start with a skeleton, add the muscles, really hammer out the shape before moving to the hair. I want to say you did the former just by the way the hair sits on the head. I recommend trying to look at real life hairstyles, as well as doing the little oval sketch followed by the rough shaping. I think your hair will become really amazing and by doing the things I stated, you could add more realistic and substantial weight to the hair.

Right Ear. I find it akward (her left, viewers right), especially in contrast to the other ear.

Now that the negative feedback has been given, to the things I like. I like the fact you gave lips to your furry, something most people neglect. I find it especially good when combined with the way you drew the muzzle, and the fur off the cheek. Ear fur looks good, and I like the prominent collar bone a lot too.

Once again, don't know why he is so in love with you, but you got some talent. Will be interesting to see where you go with it.

On a side note some shitty 40 minute colorings

I used to work in the art department of one of the major companies in table top wargaming, when they did basic cell colorings I got to do a bunch and learn the official techniques. However digital is where it is at since you get to fake all the styles you have learned along the way.

This is what unnamed jumbo girl would have been like if I was in charge of an anime with her.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Simple Production Cell.png

For more complex scenes with shades

Simple Production Cell 2.png

This is a 20 minute coloring job in photoshop, I don't like thick lines when I am going with a more realistic style but I was too lazy to redo it from the previous work.

Jumbo Girl PSD.png

All in all you can see the extremes that you can develop in digital art. I like dark muted colors (as can be seen by the drawing I did in the image war thread) to super light colors and happyness, based on the drawing in the rps.) to warm and cold. Its a matter of style and preferance.
Thaedael

Postby Jumbo70 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:28 pm

Thaedael Wrote:Jumbo70,
To be quite frank I do not know how you captivated Kuja to the extent you did, but either way you should be flattered. He was telling me how much he liked your style despite the roughness, because he thought you made the furries look Asian. You may not know my stance on furries, I started off by not really caring about them but since coming to the forums they have grown on me a bit, but I digress.

Here are my issues with the head piece you have drawn, and before I start I want to give my normal disclaimer when it comes to artistic feed back. I do not sugar coat it, I say what I like, what I hate, and in your case, you get double un-sugar coated in that I had to go through the long and annoying process of lineart, which I hate and lets me see the artist a bit better through working with it.

Your eyes. Kuja said he liked the fact she looked a bit oriental, I guess this comes down to the eyes. The general shape is ok, but the super steep curvature of it is a bit counter-intuitive to look at when interpreting your line art, this is especially the case when combined with the hair next to it.

Hair. The hair is nice, but my question was did you draw the face and hair at the same time, or did you start with a skeleton, add the muscles, really hammer out the shape before moving to the hair. I want to say you did the former just by the way the hair sits on the head. I recommend trying to look at real life hairstyles, as well as doing the little oval sketch followed by the rough shaping. I think your hair will become really amazing and by doing the things I stated, you could add more realistic and substantial weight to the hair.

Right Ear. I find it akward (her left, viewers right), especially in contrast to the other ear.

Now that the negative feedback has been given, to the things I like. I like the fact you gave lips to your furry, something most people neglect. I find it especially good when combined with the way you drew the muzzle, and the fur off the cheek. Ear fur looks good, and I like the prominent collar bone a lot too.

Once again, don't know why he is so in love with you, but you got some talent. Will be interesting to see where you go with it.

On a side note some shitty 40 minute colorings

I used to work in the art department of one of the major companies in table top wargaming, when they did basic cell colorings I got to do a bunch and learn the official techniques. However digital is where it is at since you get to fake all the styles you have learned along the way.

This is what unnamed jumbo girl would have been like if I was in charge of an anime with her.

Simple Production Cell.png

For more complex scenes with shades

Simple Production Cell 2.png

This is a 20 minute coloring job in photoshop, I don't like thick lines when I am going with a more realistic style but I was too lazy to redo it from the previous work.

Jumbo Girl PSD.png

All in all you can see the extremes that you can develop in digital art. I like dark muted colors (as can be seen by the drawing I did in the image war thread) to super light colors and happyness, based on the drawing in the rps.) to warm and cold. Its a matter of style and preferance.

I am flattered, cuz i've seen his work and it's very good. Same goes for your work too :)

The way i draw heads and hair is little both of those.
I start with making a "anime" styled head, add muzzle n eyes, then i go on hair, make it roughly, make the mouth, the cheekfur, then clean the face and add/clean the hair. But i should defiently look at those realife hairstyles, tough i really like them overfluffy hairstyles XD (wich i sometimes manage to do)

I always have problems with both of the ears XD

I am very flattered because it seems that two big ones here talks bout my art (atleast a little) :D Thank you! Appreciate it!
And i appreciate your nonsugared approach because that is the best way in my opinion to tell what you like and dont like.
Jumbo70

Postby Thaedael » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:16 pm

Seems I misrepresented Kuja and he corrected me. He sees his old self in you, not that he is captivated, my bad. On another note, I don't like the way you draw feet. That's pretty much all I have to say. So keep working at it, get better, become better than Kuja, and all the jazz.
Thaedael

Postby TheEnclave33 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:56 am

try to have more of a confined look on the tail but they look good
SOUP Directions
1Lift and pull lid Immediately slice fingertip
2Throw lid very hard into garbage can so it knows what it's done
3Dump cold glob into microwave bowl
4Microwave until scalding on edges and freezing in middle
5Ignore soup-coated walls forever
TheEnclave33

PreviousNext