[HTML5]Balls and Bats

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

[HTML5]Balls and Bats

Postby Waffle » Sat May 15, 2021 3:00 am

http://www.archonrpg.com/ballsnbats.html

game.PNG
game.PNG (9.91 KiB) Viewed 807 times

This is an RTS game where NSFW content is actually integral to the game. Most media is provided by Humbird0; but after seeing
this he may want his name removed :lol: Its bad .... just bad. The AI sucks, and I have no plans to improve it unless the complaint list gets pretty high. If the player (you) does absolutely nothing, the AI can possible win (most of the time). If you use any strategy, you will win. I thought of making it harder, by having the AI counter your moves, but then maybe the game would become hard AND boring .... I chose to settle for easy, short, and boring. The net effect is the novelty of an RTS NSFW game should be funny or fun to play for 5 minutes. That's all I was going for. If you expect an "Epic" game, this is not it. Enjoy. 8-)
Last edited by Waffle on Mon May 17, 2021 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waffle

Re: [HTML5]Balls and Bats

Postby Waffle » Wed May 19, 2021 12:19 am

Additional details:

Has a random map maker ....
All units are fully customizable ...
Is using my custom A* library (which is far from perfect)

My A* lib just measures the size of the blocking object and calculates a path around it. If repetitively block,
it gives up. For the player, this means sometimes units just get lost and wait. For the AI, these units get flagged
as "lost" and redirected to the center of the map. Also, the AI is supposed to wait about 3 seconds before
giving commands (or changing commands on existing units). This was to simulate a real player.
Lots of room for me to make this harder, but first I just need to see if anyone would actually play it.
The NSFW content is just lame, but funny if you don't expect it, or realize this was a Dragon Magazine game :)
Waffle

Return to Non-Flash Projects