The Last Sovereign [Updated 5/31: 175+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES!]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 6/27]

Postby Commodus » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:01 am

Sierra Lee Wrote:
Commodus Wrote:re: Trin Affection

All events that I've found the alter Trin's Affection under spoilers:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Trin Base Affection: 10
Zapping Bank Guy: +5
Start of Chapter 2: +15 (automatic)
Fuck Altina Immediately: +5
Spare the Impaler: +5
Let Varia's Gang Rape Her: +8

Maximum Trin Affection as of version 0.9.1: 53

One correction:

Trin gets an automatic +5 at the beginning of the chapter. The remaining +10 only occurs if you did the contract research with Robin.

>< D'oh!

I did wonder why she got such a big bonus while everyone else only got 5 (except Robin who only got 2 and Hilstara who got 10. I just assumed the Robin was nerfed since she can't get too high yet and the other two got more since they had comparatively low scores.

Also, for sake of full discloser, there's also a -2 affection modifier to Trin if you don't let Varia's gang rape her.
Commodus

Postby musical74 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:33 pm

It's fine that it's more or less linear, but has some free-range as well. I just dislike *you can only do this* style rpgs. Even in the first act there was some flexibility on how you get the 50,000 pron, I like that.

Two questions regarding investing: a couple of people want HUGE amounts of pron - 200,000 was one, I think another was similarly large. You can't get that much yet - will you eventually be able to? Also, even though I invested in the bridge repair and it has been a few months, the bridge isn't repaired yet... if I never invested that makes sense, but I think if I invested in the repairs they should have done it - or did the guy take the 10,000 pron and use it to buy booze?
musical74

Postby Sierra Lee » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:51 pm

1) The bridge takes longer than that to repair, but it is still under construction as of this version.
2) You will definitely get more ProN later and a chance at the higher tier investments.
Sierra Lee

Postby Commodus » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:00 pm

I've found 3 map glitches that were not fixed in version 0.9.1:

• In Elfinwood Castle, on the second floor, the north wall of the southwestern room, there is a tile with a crack on the top of the wall. If you approach the tile from the north, you can get on top of the wall and walk all the way around the map.
  • On the mesa with the lookouts on the approach to Varia's hideout, the northeast-most tile allows you to walk north or east off and onto it.
  • In the hideout, in the room south of the dormitory, there is a tile with ropes on the wall. You can walk onto this tile.
Commodus

Postby musical74 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:48 pm

Elfinwood castle? Is that the castle at the very beginning of the game?

Something I've noticed is you can't sell the shining swords and armors. Is there any reason for that?
musical74

Postby Commodus » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:44 am

musical74 Wrote:Elfinwood castle? Is that the castle at the very beginning of the game?

Something I've noticed is you can't sell the shining swords and armors. Is there any reason for that?

Yeah, that's the castle from the beginning of the game. I don't know what it's called now, but it was originally Fucklord's Castle. I know it isn't called that anymore, since all references to Fucklord were removed from the game, but I keep forgetting to check. Still, I think of it as Elfinwood Castle since it's located in an elfinwood, and it's built upon land formerly claimed by the elves, judging from the destroyed elven shrine.

As for the shining swords and armor, if my memory serves me correctly, Sierra Lee has said that you won't be able to use them, but she does have plans for them, and they will be used for something.
Commodus

Postby musical74 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:24 am

I HATE it when it's too hot to sleep...

one question on relationships I noticed: seems as you increase your relationship with most of them, they change titles (ex. Yarra goes from Shoulder devil to Happy little succubus to First Succubus) Aka doesn't seem to have that, she's always a *friend with benefits*. Do the titles mean anything in particular, like each new title means a new sex scene, or is it just *your relationship is improving with them*?
musical74

Postby Sierra Lee » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:08 pm

Commodus Wrote:I've found 3 map glitches that were not fixed in version 0.9.1:

• In Elfinwood Castle, on the second floor, the north wall of the southwestern room, there is a tile with a crack on the top of the wall. If you approach the tile from the north, you can get on top of the wall and walk all the way around the map.
  • On the mesa with the lookouts on the approach to Varia's hideout, the northeast-most tile allows you to walk north or east off and onto it.
  • In the hideout, in the room south of the dormitory, there is a tile with ropes on the wall. You can walk onto this tile.

Fixed, thanks.

musical74 Wrote:I HATE it when it's too hot to sleep...

one question on relationships I noticed: seems as you increase your relationship with most of them, they change titles (ex. Yarra goes from Shoulder devil to Happy little succubus to First Succubus) Aka doesn't seem to have that, she's always a *friend with benefits*. Do the titles mean anything in particular, like each new title means a new sex scene, or is it just *your relationship is improving with them*?

The latter - they're just flavor. If Aka's relationship has increased substantially and her title hasn't changed, maybe the event that handles her is bugged.

EDIT: She gets her third title at 50 relationship points.
Sierra Lee

Postby musical74 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:14 am

I noticed an odd bug of sorts. At the beginning when you are fighting poisonous wasps, if you get the poison it stays with you...but if you take a nap, the poison disappears like it never happened. Is that intentional, was it just something that was overlooked, or what? Odd that a poison would disappear on its own like that...
musical74

Postby LoneWolf » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:30 am

Pretty sure that's intentional - resting completely heals you in most games like this. It is a bit unrealistic, true, but that same nap is also instantly healing sword wounds. I'd suggest that recovering from poison isn't the strangest thing happening here...
Cogito, ergo... something.
LoneWolf

Postby Sierra Lee » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:04 am

For the record/lore, I've decided that this is a slightly higher magic world than it appears. Even warriors who don't know any apparent magic use it subconsciously to allow them to do superhuman things (which is why silence blocks special attacks and not just spells). Animals have evolved to use magic (hence why there are monsters) and humans are the same way. When people sleep, their subconscious magic instead devotes itself to healing them, which includes purging the body of all but the worst poisons. This will be a plot point eventually, as just because something is there to justify RPG mechanics doesn't mean that the implications shouldn't then have consequences.

And yes, I know nobody really cares, but... XD
Sierra Lee

Postby ThatOldFart » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:07 am

I care, I care!

>.>

<.<

I'm not dead, I'm getting better! Sorry I haven't commented much last few versions, RL snuck up and kicked my head in. Gunna give the latest version a try soon and will post when or if I have the ability to form conscious thought again. :/

And for the record that's a really clean/slick explanation and the fact that it'll be a Thing later is -awesome-.
ThatOldFart

Postby Devour » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:51 pm

Long time now see Lee. I just caught up on 0.9 and I must say I am impressed with the quality of writing that you are keeping in the story and the foreshadowing of the ending to come. I didn't seem to have any glitches per say. I was just wondering about two things because either I don't remember how to do them or I overlooked them.

On my first play through of the game some months ago, I was able to get to the succubi through the underground tunnel. This time however I was not able to get through the barrier for some reason, even after killing all the creatures in the tunnel and looking around everywhere. (I even had all possible allies at that point.)

Second question I had is, where do you find the magically charged mold. I have found literally every other ingredient than that and its not like you can come back to try again later. So wasn't sure how you're supposed to get.
Devour

Postby musical74 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:34 pm

@the second question

You'll find the mold in the succubus hiding place in Stineford. In the slums, there's what appears to be an entrance to a sewer. Yarra will think about it. Go to the Blue Rose (the inn that Megail's staying at) and talk to Yarra about the tunnels/sewer. She'll mention it's an illusion, allowing you to enter the tunnels. Fight your way through the tunnels to the succubus hiding place. On one of the floors, you'll notice a green patch (it's easily seen). When you are looking for the things to make the potions, Robin will mention this will work and you'll get the mold.
musical74

Postby Devour » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:04 pm

musical74 Wrote:@the second question

You'll find the mold in the succubus hiding place in Stineford. In the slums, there's what appears to be an entrance to a sewer. Yarra will think about it. Go to the Blue Rose (the inn that Megail's staying at) and talk to Yarra about the tunnels/sewer. She'll mention it's an illusion, allowing you to enter the tunnels. Fight your way through the tunnels to the succubus hiding place. On one of the floors, you'll notice a green patch (it's easily seen). When you are looking for the things to make the potions, Robin will mention this will work and you'll get the mold.

It was the second illusion (the one with the strange rock pillars) that was impeding me.
Devour

Postby LoneWolf » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:50 pm

Devour Wrote:On my first play through of the game some months ago, I was able to get to the succubi through the underground tunnel. This time however I was not able to get through the barrier for some reason, even after killing all the creatures in the tunnel and looking around everywhere. (I even had all possible allies at that point.)

To get through, you have to press 'use' on the base of the middle rock pillar on the left-hand side.

There aren't any other hidden requirements; if you can get into the tunnels, you should be able to get out of the tunnels.
Cogito, ergo... something.
LoneWolf

Postby Sierra Lee » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:37 am

ThatOldFart Wrote:I care, I care!

>.>

<.<

I'm not dead, I'm getting better! Sorry I haven't commented much last few versions, RL snuck up and kicked my head in. Gunna give the latest version a try soon and will post when or if I have the ability to form conscious thought again. :/

Hello! Welcome back!

Devour Wrote:Long time now see Lee. I just caught up on 0.9 and I must say I am impressed with the quality of writing that you are keeping in the story and the foreshadowing of the ending to come. I didn't seem to have any glitches per say. I was just wondering about two things because either I don't remember how to do them or I overlooked them.

Thanks! Hopefully the people above have helped enough for you to get through the sections you've mentioned. ^^
Sierra Lee

Postby musical74 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:50 am

I've noticed that the guy who wants the cargo from Rebel's pass is kind of bugged. I donated ProN to fix the bridge, and things went as they are supposed to. I didn't donate to fixing the bridge, and he keeps saying *I need the cargo* even though I already have it...

One question: after the big meeting, you have the opportunity to recruit Stark (or rather, his head). I haven't found any use for it yet, am I to guess that this is the start of a quest that isn't really done?
musical74

Postby Yamemai » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:42 pm

Didn't they say some about material, when they got him? Then if you think back, to Raila's answer about Orcs, you'll probably get what it means :P

Anyways, from what I can tell, there are 3 'good' material orc so far: Orcent (emotions?), Stark (resilience/regeneration), Impaler (logic?).
Yamemai

Postby Sierra Lee » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:41 pm

musical74 Wrote:I've noticed that the guy who wants the cargo from Rebel's pass is kind of bugged. I donated ProN to fix the bridge, and things went as they are supposed to. I didn't donate to fixing the bridge, and he keeps saying *I need the cargo* even though I already have it...

Yeah, the quest is bugged. Got it fixed for 0.10.0.

musical74 Wrote:One question: after the big meeting, you have the opportunity to recruit Stark (or rather, his head). I haven't found any use for it yet, am I to guess that this is the start of a quest that isn't really done?

Like Yamemai said, this is part of the ongoing plot quest.
Sierra Lee

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects