Claire's Quest [RPGMaker MV]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Claire's Quest [RPGMaker MV]

Postby DragonG » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:48 am

so no more image for any h scene..kinda ...mah
DragonG

Postby Architect » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:16 am

DragonG Wrote:so no more image for any h scene..kinda ...mah

Basically, I had images in 0.3, but they weren't mine, and I'm getting crowdfunding on Patreon, so to avoid issues i removed all the art, remade the game in another engine, and took on the services of an artist. 0.4.1 has no artwork, but 0.4.2 will come with bug fixes + the first batch of original game artwork on the 15th of July or slightly earlier.
Architect

Postby Archaia » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:12 am

Already loving it, can't wait to see more of this game!
Archaia
Newly Registered

Postby MMMm » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:01 pm

Are you planning to expand the second town any further? It was actually my favorite part of the game.
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

The baker woman and her son give Claire a surprisingly warm reception. Easily the best two characters in the game, and they absolutely deserve to have names. I suggest Peter and May. If I was Claire, I'd just ask if I could put a sleeping bag over by the bow and arrows and bunk in their house. It would be great if you could eat dinner with them too, even if you had to spend some EP to cook it.

It would be fantastic to chat with them about all the horrible shit you've seen on your journey. The Pig Men, the Ogre, the awful situation with the guards, having your cash taken away. What you did to get the money to come here. How cruel the other villagers are, that nasty pervert in the bar(who you should absolutely be able to punch in the nose). The baker could tell you about her husband, the day her son was born. Her hopes and fears. How she tries to be strong and count her blessings. How she gives bread that doesn't sell to the refugees and wishes she could do more. She might not agree with some of the things you've done, but won't judge you for it. These conversations could take place over the days/weeks that Claire spends here. You'd really get to know this family.

It would be nice if you could rob their house, too. You're never coming back here once you leave for the isles and you spend lots of time there. Perhaps every time you babysit you could scope out another thing to steal. But only when you don't play with the boy. No time otherwise. The bow and arrows, a sack of supplies you could quickly pawn or take on the ship with you. A hidden jewelry box in the closet. Baked goods that are only slightly stale and a safe with the baker's life savings in it under the sink. If she can afford to pay you 25 a day, she must have a huge nest egg saved up. You'd wait until night and take everything you scoped out in less than 5 minutes. Then you hop on the ship and start the next chapter of your life.

It would be cool to burgle the houses of those towns people, too. Robbing the horse breeders is nice and all, but they've never done anything mean to you or called you names. Not like the rest of the towns people. Not all refugees are dangerous, but you certainly are. Pick pocketing is fine too. That man on the beach could teach you more of his tricks. There's plenty of drunks you can take advantage of. You could keep feeding beers to any of those men in the bar and have them lead you back to their houses. They'd be so drunk that they pass out as soon as they get inside. Then you take whatever you want. They won't remember any of this.
MMMm

Postby Archaia » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:49 pm

What I was wondering, will there be any particular routes you will be focussing on first? I played this game yesterday and it seems that the slave route is really short, whereas I hear people talk a lot about content which I presume is accessable by paying the smuggler 50 silver... So I was wondering if you were thinking of adding content to that route first, or gradually adding content to both (I'm aware you are planning on finishing each of the four main questlines before starting another, but it does make me wonder: any ideas on which one you're going to start with? :D )
Anyway, great game and I can't wait to see more in the future!
Archaia
Newly Registered

Postby Darthjake » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:10 pm

On expanding Hooktown, there are those "frog things" guarding a chest, once you have enough defiance to kill the mocking refugee, and if you decline to do so, and still have the knife could you attempt to kill them?

Also those stupid guards did not search Claire when they locked her up, she still has the knife, again if you have the max defiance for the starting area that would let you kill the refugee, could there be an alternate dialouge where Claire is the one to "finish" the sadist in the room? Of course I'm guessing from the conversation, Beth really has more of a claim on killing him then Claire does atm, but maybe Claire could get nasty after telling the guy to call for Beth, hehe...

Alternatively if you are going for depavity and seduction, will the bartender ever consider giving you a "part" time position? Maybe give you the opportunity to increase your seduction before moving on?

There are tons of opportunities in Hooktown, but of course I want to see more of the game too, so just something to consider.
Darthjake

Postby DragonG » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:10 am

Architect Wrote:
DragonG Wrote:so no more image for any h scene..kinda ...mah

Basically, I had images in 0.3, but they weren't mine, and I'm getting crowdfunding on Patreon, so to avoid issues i removed all the art, remade the game in another engine, and took on the services of an artist. 0.4.1 has no artwork, but 0.4.2 will come with bug fixes + the first batch of original game artwork on the 15th of July or slightly earlier.

ok now i love u
DragonG

Postby wolfmanjoes » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:35 am

What would a route that concentrates on seduction, depravity, minimum intrigue and almost no defiance make her?
wolfmanjoes

Postby Architect » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:40 am

MMMm Wrote:Are you planning to expand the second town any further? It was actually my favorite part of the game.

The baker woman and her son give Claire a surprisingly warm reception. Easily the best two characters in the game, and they absolutely deserve to have names. I suggest Peter and May. If I was Claire, I'd just ask if I could put a sleeping bag over by the bow and arrows and bunk in their house. It would be great if you could eat dinner with them too, even if you had to spend some EP to cook it.

It would be fantastic to chat with them about all the horrible shit you've seen on your journey. The Pig Men, the Ogre, the awful situation with the guards, having your cash taken away. What you did to get the money to come here. How cruel the other villagers are, that nasty pervert in the bar(who you should absolutely be able to punch in the nose). The baker could tell you about her husband, the day her son was born. Her hopes and fears. How she tries to be strong and count her blessings. How she gives bread that doesn't sell to the refugees and wishes she could do more. She might not agree with some of the things you've done, but won't judge you for it. These conversations could take place over the days/weeks that Claire spends here. You'd really get to know this family. This is a splendid idea! While we might not implement it in Hookton, this train of ideas could definitely come in handy somewhere down the road. Because Hookton is the "prologue" area we didn't want to invest too many of our ideas in it, but this is definitely something we can do somewhere in the Isles. I wouldn't be opposed to increasing the amount of interaction possible with the family, however, but since it was meant to be a shota scene that we're going to add in the future, we might add in such things at the same time as the shota scene - which might take a long while because we won't be adding any shota/loli/questionable content until the game is largely finished (And even then it's as an addon of sorts)

It would be nice if you could rob their house, too. You're never coming back here once you leave for the isles and you spend lots of time there. Perhaps every time you babysit you could scope out another thing to steal. But only when you don't play with the boy. No time otherwise. The bow and arrows, a sack of supplies you could quickly pawn or take on the ship with you. A hidden jewelry box in the closet. Baked goods that are only slightly stale and a safe with the baker's life savings in it under the sink. If she can afford to pay you 25 a day, she must have a huge nest egg saved up. You'd wait until night and take everything you scoped out in less than 5 minutes. Then you hop on the ship and start the next chapter of your life.

It would be cool to burgle the houses of those towns people, too. Robbing the horse breeders is nice and all, but they've never done anything mean to you or called you names. Not like the rest of the towns people. Not all refugees are dangerous, but you certainly are. Pick pocketing is fine too. That man on the beach could teach you more of his tricks. There's plenty of drunks you can take advantage of. You could keep feeding beers to any of those men in the bar and have them lead you back to their houses. They'd be so drunk that they pass out as soon as they get inside. Then you take whatever you want. They won't remember any of this. There's actually dedicated thievery going on in Rathpike, with ideas very similar to what you've suggested. The reason we're not applying it to Hookton is because it's a prologue zone and we want the player to do a lot more things in the Isles, as well as the fact we think the amount of Intrigue and other stats you can net in the prologue area isn't enough to justify doing something like this

Thank you again for the detailed thoughts! I've responded to some of the more spoiler-sensitive things in your quote boxes to avoid spoiling the game for others. As for the additional content, yes, there will be 3 more scenes to Hookton in the next minor update (due in a couple of days). Then we'll be moving onto the Isles for the next major update.

Archaia Wrote:What I was wondering, will there be any particular routes you will be focussing on first? I played this game yesterday and it seems that the slave route is really short, whereas I hear people talk a lot about content which I presume is accessable by paying the smuggler 50 silver... So I was wondering if you were thinking of adding content to that route first, or gradually adding content to both (I'm aware you are planning on finishing each of the four main questlines before starting another, but it does make me wonder: any ideas on which one you're going to start with? :D )
Anyway, great game and I can't wait to see more in the future!

Yes, that's because the personal slave route jumps over Hookton, where a lot of the current content is. However, in the end, all of these prologue paths will be similar in length.

We're not favoring any particular path in terms of dev time. The next major update will have all of the prologue paths fleshed out and ready for play, along with two of the major locales: Rathpike and Valos. So in the next major update you can run wild. The minor update will simply be to finish off Hookton and add CG and bugfixes.

Just to let you know everything you've played so far does not count towards the four main storylines. You're simply touching on the four "prologue paths" which are designed to give you an idea of how every little action or choice you make impacts your game. The four main storylines are in the Isles, with each storyline applying to one of the Isles.

Darthjake Wrote:

On expanding Hooktown, there are those "frog things" guarding a chest, once you have enough defiance to kill the mocking refugee, and if you decline to do so, and still have the knife could you attempt to kill them?

Also those stupid guards did not search Claire when they locked her up, she still has the knife, again if you have the max defiance for the starting area that would let you kill the refugee, could there be an alternate dialouge where Claire is the one to "finish" the sadist in the room? Of course I'm guessing from the conversation, Beth really has more of a claim on killing him then Claire does atm, but maybe Claire could get nasty after telling the guy to call for Beth, hehe...

Alternatively if you are going for depavity and seduction, will the bartender ever consider giving you a "part" time position? Maybe give you the opportunity to increase your seduction before moving on?

There are tons of opportunities in Hooktown, but of course I want to see more of the game too, so just something to consider.

Well, you are actually meant to lose all of your items when you go through the Fort. I just didn't implement it yet.

We were thinking of adding a job to Hookton apart from housekeeping but decided to save it for the Isles. Hookton is meant to be very basic.

wolfmanjoes Wrote:What would a route that concentrates on seduction, depravity, minimum intrigue and almost no defiance make her?

Each stat basically unlocks "options". For example, Claire is cornered by three men. Not enough defiance, they gangrape her. Enough depravity, she enjoys it. Enough defiance, she can fight back and even kill them. Enough intrigue but not enough defiance, she can remember their faces and hunt them down later. Therefore, each stat is useful in certain situations, and certain combinations of stats are the most useful in certain cities.

Seduction + Depravity would make her an incredible enchantress, with both the ability to entice anyone she wants, and the willingness to do all manner of incredibly depraved and kinky activities. These stats pair well together for the paramour questline in Sorraine.
Last edited by Architect on Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Architect

Postby Archaia » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:25 am

Yes, that's because the personal slave route jumps over Hookton, where a lot of the current content is. However, in the end, all of these prologue paths will be similar in length.

We're not favoring any particular path in terms of dev time. The next major update will have all of the prologue paths fleshed out and ready for play, along with two of the major locales: Rathpike and Valos. So in the next major update you can run wild. The minor update will simply be to finish off Hookton and add CG and bugfixes.

Just to let you know everything you've played so far does not count towards the four main storylines. You're simply touching on the four "prologue paths" which are designed to give you an idea of how every little action or choice you make impacts your game. The four main storylines are in the Isles, with each storyline applying to one of the Isles.

I was aware that this was still prologue, but I guess I'm not really used to posting on forums so my post got a little chaotic...
Anyway, thanks for answering some of my questions, I really appreciate it and, once again, looking forward to what you'll make in the future!
Archaia
Newly Registered

Postby DragonG » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:34 am

i lost myself, did u tell us when the new version with arts gonna be out?
DragonG

Postby Darthjake » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:51 am

DragonG Wrote:i lost myself, did u tell us when the new version with arts gonna be out?

I don't think it was said, but I can't wait for an update, art or not, lol.
Darthjake

Postby Architect » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:52 am

You need wait no more!

Version: 0.4.2
https://mega.nz/#!ZRpRBRyY!z41yCrse_QIN ... I7WA9wOvZc

This version adds all the CG for the Refugee Camp scenes only, activates the Gallery for said scenes, adds three new scenes to Hookton (currently text-only), and implements a couple of bugfixes.
Architect

Postby Darthjake » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:27 am

Architect Wrote:You need wait no more!

Version: 0.4.2
https://mega.nz/#!ZRpRBRyY!z41yCrse_QIN ... I7WA9wOvZc

This version adds all the CG for the Refugee Camp scenes only, activates the Gallery for said scenes, adds three new scenes to Hookton (currently text-only), and implements a couple of bugfixes.

Woooo!
Darthjake

Postby Darthjake » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:05 am

2 bugs so far (I think):

1:

After talking to the herbalist and crossing the bridge, once you get to the top of the ramp, (just past the stair tiles) you can turn left and go up to the next level. If you go up one more tile, (next to the tree), the terrain works correctly.

2: After arriving in Hookton by way of intrigue and the old crook, the route to the well is blocked. On the left side of the tree is an empty barrel, while on the right is the baker woman's bucket of water. In the previous version, there was no empty barrel to the left of the tree.

The art is looking good so far, love the answer you get when asking for your silver back, lol!
Darthjake

Postby Architect » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:39 am

Darthjake Wrote:2 bugs so far (I think):

1:

After talking to the herbalist and crossing the bridge, once you get to the top of the ramp, (just past the stair tiles) you can turn left and go up to the next level. If you go up one more tile, (next to the tree), the terrain works correctly.

2: After arriving in Hookton by way of intrigue and the old crook, the route to the well is blocked. On the left side of the tree is an empty barrel, while on the right is the baker woman's bucket of water. In the previous version, there was no empty barrel to the left of the tree.

The art is looking good so far, love the answer you get when asking for your silver back, lol!

That's a pretty major one you've caught! Thanks for that! Done fixing 'em up.
Architect

Postby Darthjake » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:46 am

Holy crap event requires 5 depravity! Can't wait to see it, since I think you need a 3 intrigue to get the peeping scene in the hooktown inn.
Darthjake

Postby Architect » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:53 am

Yes, that's the scene for the stable. The artwork is going to be something else for that one, I promise you. ;)
Architect

Postby Darthjake » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:44 pm

Architect Wrote:
That's a pretty major one you've caught! Thanks for that! Done fixing 'em up.

Is the fixed version now availible for download? Looks like the download is the same?
Darthjake

Postby Architect » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:01 pm

Not yet. I've caught them and fixed them but I don't want to release a pure hotfix version. I'm going to bundle in the fixes with some new content.
Architect

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects