[WIP] PyTFall (Ren'Py)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: [WIP] PyTFall (Ren'Py)

Postby Zeus Kabob » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:09 am

The password may be "pytfall"; not sure if you're talking about the .rar password or another one.

This game rocks! I've always been partial to brothel games, and this is no different. I think there's a pretty steep learning curve, however. If you start by working at the brothel (player) and using a low level slave as a whore, it's tough to break even, let alone earn enough to teach your slave. I've started to use the arena to make more money, but it's a long process.

One request: hotkeys. If you could give everything a hotkey, it would significantly speed up play and make it much easier for me to play the game.
Zeus Kabob

Postby Sivertop » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:29 am

after all i played this game now longer than Batman Origins x)

now i have to say i just find 1 bug so far anymore but i have some suggestions..

1.Bug---I dont know if its a bug, but it seems so...if u want to up ur Girls (each class) u need to spend gold but u just spend ur own gold not the gold what the girl have...is it like it needs to be or is it a shittie bug?

2.Arena---Im now on Day 590+ and got some Stats (just because i mostly did arena) but really i only can do "Horde of Goblins" and "Amazon Tribe" rest is way to hard and i already have some nice equipment and stats..And there is my question do u think u will do it a bit easier in future? or do u do it easier with the MC-Stats? or will it be like this?

3.Traders---After u did some Arena u get some Items (u dont say) but after a time u cant sell some anymore because this Trader where u can sell it have no Money anymore and it need really long for him to get some back if u dont buy something...My question is...Is it possible that u can do it like this that we can sell items at all traders? or is it possible that u can up the "MoneyRespawnTime" <--(also that they get some more and faster Money back)? or what do u intend to do about this?

4.Taxes---After all u fixed the bug with neweset patch but what do u intend to do with it in future? will it be harder..will it be easier or do u let it be like this? because its really hard to get money at the beginning as newcomer..i already know what i need to do after this time...

5.Story---Yeahhh i know its just an Alpha ^^ but..do u intend to do some story in the future on all that places (not for each girl this would be to hard to do) i mean like this on the slavemarket when u visit it on ur first time..Or do u think its not necessary on this game u have other priorities for the Beta?

6.Equipment---Just forgot it :D with that i want to know if u polish it up a bit in future because it really sucks that ur euquipment adds up ur attack,defence,agility and such things if ur not at ur max (and if ur on ur max it just adds up when u get on ur items max+) so right now items are only usefull if ya buy some with +max stats...or what do u plan for the future?

7.Gold-Cheat--- Just a question is it possible to get an Gold-Cheat or something like that (just for alpha) because i wanted to do another game with warrior (to test him) and i really have no lust to spend the same time on this one to get such stats what i have with my first one (Casa)...(or is Warrior/Casa the same just other stats? if yes than i dont need an gold-cheat :D)

so this is all what i want to know right now..

now i want to play ^^
Sivertop

Postby Xela » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:42 am

Sivertop Wrote:after all i played this game now longer than Batman Origins x)

LoL

Sivertop Wrote:now i have to say i just find 1 bug so far anymore but i have some suggestions..

1.Bug---I dont know if its a bug, but it seems so...if u want to up ur Girls (each class) u need to spend gold but u just spend ur own gold not the gold what the girl have...is it like it needs to be or is it a shittie bug?

Actually, there is a whole bunch of bugs reported, I am going to fix them today. It should be like this (and you can only rank up your fancy girls). However, soon after the Alpha we'll be working on a simple simulation of a live world. Meaning that just like it is now in the Arena, girls will go on quests, train, earn money, pay for items and other stuff and so on. I don't want to overcomplicate it either so the next day doesn't become too sluggish so aim is to find a golden middle. You free girls will strive to increase their ranks themselves then.

Sivertop Wrote:2.Arena---Im now on Day 590+ and got some Stats (just because i mostly did arena) but really i only can do "Horde of Goblins" and "Amazon Tribe" rest is way to hard and i already have some nice equipment and stats..And there is my question do u think u will do it a bit easier in future? or do u do it easier with the MC-Stats? or will it be like this?

In the future there will be simple exploration as well, it will be easier to raise your stats there. It's a good bet to equip three health rings to give yourself a good HP boost for the arena. Otherwise, we'll obviously try to find better balance for the game and maybe introduce difficulty levels.

Sivertop Wrote:4.Taxes---After all u fixed the bug with neweset patch but what do u intend to do with it in future? will it be harder..will it be easier or do u let it be like this? because its really hard to get money at the beginning as newcomer..i already know what i need to do after this time...

There is a discussion if those should apply only on profits made, instead of being an income tax. Nothing is set in stone really. Overall, the game is a bit harder than we've intended. Reason for that is that Jaeke, who did a 1300+ day marathon three days before our planned Alpha release, ended up with 13 000 000 Gold. So we've introduced a number of things like taxes, increased Arena difficulty, raising the price of brothels to compensate... and overdid it a little bit.

Sivertop Wrote:5.Story---Yeahhh i know its just an Alpha ^^ but..do u intend to do some story in the future on all that places (not for each girl this would be to hard to do) i mean like this on the slavemarket when u visit it on ur first time..Or do u think its not necessary on this game u have other priorities for the Beta?

6.Equipment---Just forgot it :D with that i want to know if u polish it up a bit in future because it really sucks that ur euquipment adds up ur attack,defence,agility and such things if ur not at ur max (and if ur on ur max it just adds up when u get on ur items max+) so right now items are only usefull if ya buy some with +max stats...or what do u plan for the future?

7.Gold-Cheat--- Just a question is it possible to get an Gold-Cheat or something like that (just for alpha) because i wanted to do another game with warrior (to test him) and i really have no lust to spend the same time on this one to get such stats what i have with my first one (Casa)...(or is Warrior/Casa the same just other stats? if yes than i dont need an gold-cheat :D)

now i want to play ^^

Sivertop Wrote:5.Story---Yeahhh i know its just an Alpha ^^ but..do u intend to do some story in the future on all that places (not for each girl this would be to hard to do) i mean like this on the slavemarket when u visit it on ur first time..Or do u think its not necessary on this game u have other priorities for the Beta?

More NPCs and a story line are always a priority but slavetraining/girlcapture/simple exploration will prolly be the next update. There is always a chance that a decent writer comes along and works on content.

Sivertop Wrote:6.Equipment---Just forgot it :D with that i want to know if u polish it up a bit in future because it really sucks that ur euquipment adds up ur attack,defence,agility and such things if ur not at ur max (and if ur on ur max it just adds up when u get on ur items max+) so right now items are only usefull if ya buy some with +max stats...or what do u plan for the future?

It's already working, the system is too complicated, I'll copy-paste my response from other forum:

I am not sure what you mean by the caps not working. You need to to expend on on the way in which you believe them to be broken.

Here's how they should work.

- There is a hard minimum for all stats. There is no changing that for most.

- There are two maximums:
* Level Mamimum
* Normal Maximum

Level maximum can only be raised be leveling up. Normal Maximum can be raised by items and traits as well as leveling up. Lets say a stat starts with a level maximum of 65 and a maximum of 100. Every time your level goes up, apart from restoring your fatigue, health and mp, you will get +2 Maximum and + 5 Level Maximum. As you can imagine, for every stat there is a breaking point where the level maximum is engulfed by normal maximum and all traits and (usually) expensive items that can increase maximums of stats become VERY useful. The idea was to simulate the effect of an inexperienced characters not being able to just use the best items in the game to their full advantage. System is raw but it should work that way...

Sivertop Wrote:7.Gold-Cheat--- Just a question is it possible to get an Gold-Cheat or something like that (just for alpha) because i wanted to do another game with warrior (to test him) and i really have no lust to spend the same time on this one to get such stats what i have with my first one (Casa)...(or is Warrior/Casa the same just other stats? if yes than i dont need an gold-cheat :D)

now i want to play ^^

So far, they are the same. Stats (total cap) and responses from a couple of NPCs (Xeona would know the Warrior type for example but greet Casanova as if it was for the first time) is the extent of it. Also, Casanova stats have a decent impact on girlsmeets and interactions but those are just stats.
Like what we're doing?
Xela

Postby Xela » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:46 am

Zeus Kabob Wrote:The password may be "pytfall"; not sure if you're talking about the .rar password or another one.

This game rocks! I've always been partial to brothel games, and this is no different. I think there's a pretty steep learning curve, however. If you start by working at the brothel (player) and using a low level slave as a whore, it's tough to break even, let alone earn enough to teach your slave. I've started to use the arena to make more money, but it's a long process.

One request: hotkeys. If you could give everything a hotkey, it would significantly speed up play and make it much easier for me to play the game.

- There should be only one pytfall password!

- Thanks!

- I'll look into it, it's a very simple task in itself but I've never thought about it and there should be a number of checks involved. This will likely have to wait will next week (got a whole bunch of bugs to squash today).
Like what we're doing?
Xela

Postby Sivertop » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:39 am

Tahnks for this Informations :)

whats about my 3. suggestion? (Traders) x)

cant wait to see next updates

so back to game :)
Sivertop

Postby Xela » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:43 am

Sivertop Wrote:Tahnks for this Informations :)

whats about my 3. suggestion? (Traders) x)

cant wait to see next updates

so back to game :)

I'll make sure that general shop has more money and it is being restored in shorter intervals in tonight update!
Like what we're doing?
Xela

Postby Sivertop » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:07 pm

thanks for this this will do it a bit easier to get money :)

i have so much questions but i will wait with that and play a bit more..
I think next weekend i will post an wall of questions/suggestions who know eventually there is something usefull for u ^^
Sivertop

Postby Sivertop » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:51 pm

one little question how to up MC´s Constitution have 51/1xx and i dont know how i did it..
Sivertop

Postby Xela » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:11 pm

Sivertop Wrote:one little question how to up MC´s Constitution have 51/1xx and i dont know how i did it..

- Just leaving AP at the end of the day (really bad way since it's too random)
- Fight in the Arena
- Train with Xeona (very expensive)

Prolly more ways, those are the once I can come up with right now.
Like what we're doing?
Xela

Postby livingforever » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:24 am

Hey there!
First of all (@WonderGamer): The torrent works fine and so does the tracker, I just haven't recieved my new mainboard yet and my old one freezes frequently so I can't seed over night. However, by now there are a few other seeds available at all times and during the day I usually provide around 5-8 peers with more bandwidth than they can handle.

Also, I completely ignored the option to disable transitions before my last post, sorry for that.

Now back to the topic.
There are a few things that I just wanted to mention (feel free to argue with me if you disagree):
  • The payment system feels way more complex than necessary - especially concerning upkeep, wages, tips and training fees for girls. My opinion on this is that the upkeep should be completely removed and handled with the wages (I'll get to the point of slave payment later). As a result, training fees would be handled seperately from the rest, which is intended (maybe they should be lowered slightly to compensate the change). Slave taxes in general are somewhat strange, why do I have to pay a large sum for a slave plus the upkeep plus some wages to keep joy and disposition at an acceptable level (is there a way to circumvent this?) plus taxes?
  • Different employment types should differ more. What I consider interesting would be something like this:
    • Regular employment: Normal wages (or normal joy or taxes), no upkeep, can be acquired at a job center and cancelled or renewed anytime
    • Friendship employment: Lower wages (or higher joy or no taxes), no upkeep, can be acquired through a relationship in the city and cancelled anytime, once done the girl becomes unavailable (or returns to the city with a lower relationship score)
    • Slave ownership: No wages but some upkeep cost (handled as minimum wage), can be bought and sold at the slave market (naturally, selling should be less efficient and reduce joy and disposition significantly)
    So what is the reasoning behind this? Basically, I'd like to have different approaches for how to acquire girls. The first one is the easy and fast solution, but it should be more expensive than the others, especially in the long term. The second one requires time and AP investment and forms a more permanent relationship that should pay off in some way. The third one is just as fast as the first one, but it requires a high initial investment and lower daily costs in return.
  • The third point is the arena. I don't see the use for a battle stage in a brothel simulator other than spending leftover AP or having a place for bestiality & monster images. The first thing is a creativity problem, the second point isn't even in the game (or did I miss something?).
    So how to improve that? Most importantly, the one fighting shouldn't be the character but rather the employed girls (that would also give the warrior profession a use without requiring the player to have reputation and be in the team together with them). Based on that, winning and losing could trigger events & related images (as mentioned above). I know that's not a very detailed description, but I'm sure you get the point.
Have fun!
livingforever
Newly Registered

Postby WonderGamer » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:56 am

I've run into a bit of a crash error, here's the details on how to replicate it:
  1. Get to the creature battle list in the Arena.
  2. Click in top-right corner of the window where the close/back button should be.
From what i can tell, even though the visible button is not there, the code & hotspot for it is. I have to assume the lack of script as a result of clicking on it is what's causing the stop error. Most people would not run into this if not for the fact that they are trying to back out of the screen & they assume that there should be a button there that should back them out of the screen.

I have to say I'm really enjoying the game other that the lack of disposition modifiers when you're talking to girls. Looking forward to another update. :mrgreen:
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby Zeus Kabob » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:57 am

WonderGamer Wrote:I've run into a bit of a crash error, here's the details on how to replicate it:
  2. Click in top-right corner of the window where the close/back button should be.
From what i can tell, even though the visible button is not there, the code & hotspot for it is. I have to assume the lack of script as a result of clicking on it is what's cause the stop error. Most people would not run into this if not for the fact that they are trying to back out of the screen & they assume that there should be a button there that should back them out of the screen.

I have to say I'm really enjoying the game other that the lack of disposition modifiers when you're talking to girls. Looking forward to another update. :mrgreen:

'nother error. Quicksaving in combat crashes the game irrevocably.
Zeus Kabob

Postby WonderGamer » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:00 am

Zeus Kabob Wrote:'nother error. Quicksaving in combat crashes the game irrevocably.

That's interesting, I didn't see a button for that. Should I assume you're using a hotkey?

WonderGamer

Postby Zeus Kabob » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:05 am

Ah nevermind. In that case, I don't remember where it is that I quicksave that crashes the game.
Zeus Kabob

Postby Zeus Kabob » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:33 am

In daily brothel stats:

"12 because of it's fame..." should be "12 because of its fame..."
Zeus Kabob

Postby WonderGamer » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:54 am

Heh. I saw a grammar issue somewhere also. I'll have to see if I can find that again.

EDIT:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Spelling Error.jpg
Happens after you use the Lesbo action option:
  • I assume you mean pervy
  • Should be "girls go at"

grammar issue.jpg
Should be one of two:
  • "push an 'unfinished' product."
  • "push 'unfinished' products.

grammar issue #2.jpg
  • Should be "Big is satisfied,"
  • I'm not sure where you were going with "cash flowing, gold rolling", so I'm not going to make a suggestion on this one. Sounds a bit odd to me, so I figured I'd get your take on it.

spelling error #2.jpg
Should be "out of here!"

spelling error #3.jpg
Should be "that's too hard"

spelling error #4.jpg
Spelling error

grammar issue #3.jpg
Should be "better not mess"

spelling error #5.jpg
Spelling error

And don't start calling us grammar nazis over this, we're just trying to help you out. ;)

WonderGamer

Postby Xela » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:01 pm

livingforever Wrote:...

It's not easy to quote from posts with lists so I'll answer the whole thing point by point.

* Payment system:
- Is very hard to balance out, so we've overcomplicated it a bit. But I don't think that splitting expenses is a bad thing, it will give us some options to make a system more intuitive and flexible in the future.

* Employment:
- We'll definitely add employment types in the future as well.
- Slave thing will be improved when we introduce training. For now, improving it would mean having to do the work twice.

I understand the reasoning behind but it's not easy to implement that stuff without breaking game's balance by making one of the types complete overshadow all others. It'll get better in time and we have a whole subversion set aside for addressing balancing issues but it is absurd to do that before slave training/exploration/buildings system (and etc.) are implemented.

* Arena:
- The game is only a brothel simulator at this stage of development. In the future, it will be possible to explore, capture girls, train them and so on. Basically, you start in a city and pick a path to follow. Nothing will be forced, if player doesn't like slavery, play without it, maybe even have an option to completely get rid of it as a part of a story. Don't like brothels, never buy one, there will be plenty of other building types.
- It will be possible to create teams and have them participate in the Arena in the future but not from a brothel, obviously. A Fighter Guild type of building would be required.
- Why the Arena? You'd be surprised how many people enjoy challenging a team, fighting alongside their favorite characters... So far you're the first to complain actually across 5 or 6 forums where I've posted it :)
Like what we're doing?
Xela

Postby Xela » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:17 pm

WonderGamer Wrote:I've run into a bit of a crash error, here's the details on how to replicate it:
From what i can tell, even though the visible button is not there, the code & hotspot for it is. I have to assume the lack of script as a result of clicking on it is what's causing the stop error. Most people would not run into this if not for the fact that they are trying to back out of the screen & they assume that there should be a button there that should back them out of the screen.

Already fixed, I've cleared a lot of bugs and still got a couple to kill so new patch still isn't released.

Girlsmeets will be improved soon only if one of our teammates decides to put some time into it. After squashing all bugs and adding some required features, plan is to do an extensive code review and start working on other game elements we've planned. Only then it would make sense to really get into balancing and deeper level of interaction, otherwise most of the work would have to be done twice and it will take forever.

Zeus Kabob Wrote:Ah nevermind. In that case, I don't remember where it is that I quicksave that crashes the game.

That was the case after working in the Arena but it was fixed with the patch almost immediately after it was reported days ago!

================
Thank's for the grammar/spelling checks. I'll try to fix what's possible with the next patch (some things like trait descriptions will only be fixed with the next version upgrade).
Like what we're doing?
Xela

Postby Xela » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:59 pm

Patch is ready, all reported bugs that I could confirm and some new features like next day button in nd screen, rmb active in more places and some hotkeys (needs testing as they can have sideeffects).
Like what we're doing?
Xela

Postby Sivertop » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:18 pm

with new patch if i want to do chainfight i get this error before getting the screen with horde of goblin amazon tribe and that stuff.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - arena_inside.rpy", line 14, in script
File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - arena_inside.rpy", line 14, in python
File "game/library/classes - arena and exploration.rpy", line 1002, in python
File "game/library/classes - arena and exploration.rpy", line 1141, in python
File "game/library/classes - arena and exploration.rpy", line 1150, in python
File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - arena_inside.rpy", line 972, in python
File "renpy/common/00action_data.rpy", line 46, in python
AttributeError: 'Arena' object has no attribute 'result'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\cold\Downloads\PyTFall\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\execution.py", line 294, in run
node.execute()
File "C:\Users\cold\Downloads\PyTFall\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\ast.py", line 732, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\cold\Downloads\PyTFall\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\python.py", line 1358, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - arena_inside.rpy", line 14, in <module>
$ pytfall.arena.screen_loop()
File "game/library/classes - arena and exploration.rpy", line 1002, in screen_loop
self.check_before_chainfight()
File "game/library/classes - arena and exploration.rpy", line 1141, in check_before_chainfight
self.setup_chainfight()
File "game/library/classes - arena and exploration.rpy", line 1150, in setup_chainfight
renpy.call_screen("pyt_chain_fight", transition=dissolve)
File "C:\Users\cold\Downloads\PyTFall\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\exports.py", line 2085, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "C:\Users\cold\Downloads\PyTFall\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\ui.py", line 237, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\cold\Downloads\PyTFall\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\display\core.py", line 2004, in interact
scene_lists.replace_transient()
File "C:\Users\cold\Downloads\PyTFall\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\display\core.py", line 577, in replace_transient
self.remove(layer, tag)
File "C:\Users\cold\Downloads\PyTFall\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\display\core.py", line 851, in remove
self.hide_or_replace(layer, remove_index, "hide")
File "C:\Users\cold\Downloads\PyTFall\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\display\core.py", line 775, in hide_or_replace
d = oldsle.displayable._hide(now - st, now - at, prefix)
File "C:\Users\cold\Downloads\PyTFall\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\display\screen.py", line 189, in _hide
hid.update()
File "C:\Users\cold\Downloads\PyTFall\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\display\screen.py", line 266, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "C:\Users\cold\Downloads\PyTFall\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\screenlang.py", line 1236, in __call__
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, locals=scope)
File "C:\Users\cold\Downloads\PyTFall\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\python.py", line 1358, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - arena_inside.rpy", line 972, in <module>
action [SetField(pytfall.arena, "result", setup), ui.returns("Bupkis")]
File "C:\Users\cold\Downloads\PyTFall\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\ui.py", line 887, in textbutton
button(style=style, clicked=clicked, **button_kwargs)
File "C:\Users\cold\Downloads\PyTFall\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\ui.py", line 442, in __call__
w = self.function(*args, **keyword)
File "C:\Users\cold\Downloads\PyTFall\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 503, in __init__
if is_selected(action):
File "C:\Users\cold\Downloads\PyTFall\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 264, in is_selected
return any(is_selected(i) for i in clicked)
File "C:\Users\cold\Downloads\PyTFall\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 264, in <genexpr>
return any(is_selected(i) for i in clicked)
File "C:\Users\cold\Downloads\PyTFall\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 267, in is_selected
return clicked.get_selected()
File "renpy/common/00action_data.rpy", line 46, in get_selected
return getattr(self.object, self.field) == self.value
AttributeError: 'Arena' object has no attribute 'result'

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.17.3.327
PyTFall 0.45 Alpha

hope this will help ya
Sivertop

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects