The Last Sovereign [Updated 7/5: 200+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES!]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: The Last Fucklord [Updated 4/11]

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat May 02, 2015 9:15 am

FYI, everyone, I have version 0.8.0 basically done, but I'm waiting on some of the fancy new art. While I wait...

hoboy Wrote:Thanks for your continual good work on this, SL. Loving where this is going. Restarted with the 4/11 update, and am working my way through. Can finish the mine, but was wondering - is there a way to get Aka's dagger, finish the mines, and still have a few quests left in Stineford that I can turn into real cash? I did all but the abandoned house/spider infestation and Simon gave all my sx to Megail. An extra 10K gone. Damn - I wanted some money for upgrades before moving on...(I'm in between spenders and hoarders - I'm kinda freeform)...

Adding - is there any way to open an account in Stineford so I can use Pron I have banked and turn it into sx?

You'll be able to do this in the next version of the game. It was never part of my original vision for this section, but I think this is a valid choice players should be able to make. It adds another cost-benefit analysis, and more strategy is always good.
Sierra Lee

Postby Darth Cheesecake » Fri May 15, 2015 5:39 am

This has got to be one of my favorite RPGmaker games of all time.

The Protagonist is one of the most refreshingly enjoyable characters I've seen in a long time.
Darth Cheesecake

Postby Zaiaku666 » Fri May 15, 2015 8:14 pm

Darth Cheesecake Wrote:This has got to be one of my favorite RPGmaker games of all time.

The Protagonist is one of the most refreshingly enjoyable characters I've seen in a long time.

I'm not surprised. The protagonist in this one is an almost jaded old soldier, way different from your normal RPGs H or not. Hell you can see the difference right there in the prologue in the interactions between the two "Chosen" and Simon. Speaking of which, something tells me that Goddess I-forgot-her-name seems to be playing a game of necessary evil. Her church is pretty much falling to ruin, The kingdoms aren't doing jack squat against the real threats to their safety. And the current Incubus King is pretty much an idiot who still has dominance over a good chunk of the world.
Zaiaku666

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 5/23]

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat May 23, 2015 2:42 am

The newest version is here, and with it I've renamed the thread! If you've been following the game, I think you'll enjoy all the remade/added content, plus a new section of the story. If you haven't tried the game before, now is the best time to give it a play!

Get it here:
http://the-last-sovereign.blogspot.com/ ... eased.html
Sierra Lee

Postby LordMana » Mon May 25, 2015 12:04 am

I need help with the optional dungeon in devils pass i have got two of the chests but cant seem to get to the bottom one can anyone tell me how to get there
LordMana

Postby rpgfan650 » Mon May 25, 2015 10:41 am

I wish I could help but my memory seems to be failing me. Its so bad I can't remember how I got the human & orc together the first time. Also the blog mentioned the mother and son in the slums, but I never found out how that one started.

As for the devil pass, I never went to far pass the first rest area. I got pissed at something I didn't have, or something the game made me used up. It like that damn spider house, why not leave that for those level 30 characters and move that last potion item to the sewers. Instead of the player needing a thousand antidotes on hand because we can't stopped the spider doing mass poison or the other one doing multiple attacks. if there a third one its a instant game over. Sorry about the rant.
rpgfan650

Postby Lord154 » Mon May 25, 2015 3:55 pm

Hello all

i have found a bug in mine quest (Version 0.8.2 and start from the beggining)

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

After i find the magic barrier, it is said that i need to find a mage and to go sleep in rose inn. However after i sleep in it nothing happened (i read about it here and it seems that my daughter should come to see me. However this scene don't appear
Last edited by Lord154 on Mon May 25, 2015 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord154

Postby rpgfan650 » Mon May 25, 2015 6:31 pm

Lord154 Wrote:Hello all

After i find the magic barrier, it is said that i need to find a mage and to go sleep in rose inn. However after i sleep in it nothing happened (i read about it here and it seems that my daughter should come to see me. However this scene don't appear

The Robin event in the inn worked for me, but I did not started the mine event yet. I rested there right after the merchant gave me the coupon. Basically the party healed their wounds from the farm event before exploring the city.

If you have multiple saves, try loading one before accepting the mine event and see if Robin will appear in the Inn. Note: She makes only one inn appearance. After that you go to her at the academy.
rpgfan650

Postby Commodus » Mon May 25, 2015 6:46 pm

LordMana Wrote:I need help with the optional dungeon in devils pass i have got two of the chests but cant seem to get to the bottom one can anyone tell me how to get there

Assuming that you're in the middle of the map. Go to the lone green tile, due south from the one you get teleported to when you mess up. Then, go west, east x 3, north x 2 (should be on the tile where you originally entered the map), west, east, south x 2, east x 2 and south. Now all you have to do is beat the boss.

rpgfan650 Wrote:I wish I could help but my memory seems to be failing me. Its so bad I can't remember how I got the human & orc together the first time. Also the blog mentioned the mother and son in the slums, but I never found out how that one started.

As for Lucy and Orcent, all you need to do is talk to each once and then talk to Lucy. There isn't a quest with the mother and son in the slums, that I'm aware of, there just there to add flavor.

Lord154 Wrote:

You need to talk to Megail then sleep at the inn. You'll be introduced to the mage and gain access to the Academy. You'll have to complete a quest there before you can deal with the barrier.
Commodus

Postby rpgfan650 » Mon May 25, 2015 7:34 pm

Commodus Wrote:
rpgfan650 Wrote:I wish I could help but my memory seems to be failing me. Its so bad I can't remember how I got the human & orc together the first time. Also the blog mentioned the mother and son in the slums, but I never found out how that one started.

As for Lucy and Orcent, all you need to do is talk to each once and then talk to Lucy. There isn't a quest with the mother and son in the slums, that I'm aware of, there just there to add flavor.

Between the blog and its posts, I thought it was an event that involved those two finding a home. Maybe someone wanted to turn it into an event and I didn't understand that part.
rpgfan650

Postby Sierra Lee » Mon May 25, 2015 9:34 pm

Lord154 Wrote:Hello all

Commodus is correct: this scene doesn't trigger until you've advanced the plot with Megail. This route is apparently way less intuitive than I expected it to be.

rpgfan650 Wrote:Between the blog and its posts, I thought it was an event that involved those two finding a home. Maybe someone wanted to turn it into an event and I didn't understand that part.

They did get mentioned a lot because in old versions it was possible to get yourself trapped by the little kid running around, but there isn't a quest involving them.
Sierra Lee

Postby Yamemai » Tue May 26, 2015 10:27 am

Hmm, wonder if they, and/or maybe others, could move into the spider-filled house, if you killed all spiders.
Yamemai

Postby Lord154 » Tue May 26, 2015 2:31 pm

Hello all

Thks for the tip, i haven't understand that you should speak with Megail before starting the quest, everything working now

As for the game, i find it very enjoyable and one of the most interesting i have played. Thks you for this game.
Lord154

Postby LordMana » Tue May 26, 2015 2:36 pm

Commodus Wrote:
LordMana Wrote:I need help with the optional dungeon in devils pass i have got two of the chests but cant seem to get to the bottom one can anyone tell me how to get there

Assuming that you're in the middle of the map. Go to the lone green tile, due south from the one you get teleported to when you mess up. Then, go west, east x 3, north x 2 (should be on the tile where you originally entered the map), west, east, south x 2, east x 2 and south. Now all you have to do is beat the boss.

Lord154 Wrote:

You need to talk to Megail then sleep at the inn. You'll be introduced to the mage and gain access to the Academy. You'll have to complete a quest there before you can deal with the barrier.

Thxs a lot Commodus did it and beat the game so far i am curious does anyone know how the investment payout will work because i have invested in the mine and bank like megial said and wondering how the system will work for it?
LordMana

Postby UnLimiTeD » Tue May 26, 2015 5:37 pm

Well, damn, I nearly missed it, what with the name change.
UnLimiTeD

Postby Commodus » Wed May 27, 2015 2:05 pm

You're welcome.

As for investments, only Sierra Lee can really answer that question, but I can offer my interpretations of what I've read...which can be dangerous. Take everything I say with a grain of salt:

• Sierra Lee wants it balanced so that making bad investments won't ruin your game, so don't sweat it too much.
  • There are bad investments. Maybe the guy selling flowers is a swindler or his enterprise will fail. Maybe different investments will have different returns on investment. You got three times what you invested with the Stine crystals. Other investments may have a greater or smaller return.
  • There are other considerations than money. Certain investments offer affection bonuses to certain members of your harem. You can probably get an idea from talking to the characters and asking them about investments. After you make an investment, any characters that comment on it got a bonus.
  • Some investments will not got you any money, but there will be other benefits. Investing in Premium Steel won't get you any money, but there will be better equipment for sale there next chapter. Investing in the expedition to the Incubus King's cache will raise your stats next update. Maybe repairing the bridge in Rebel's Pass will increase trade which might potential increase your return on investment on other investments.

As I said, only the author knows for sure. They offer different benefits, and it's hard to know how they will impact the game going forward, but they should all mostly balance out so that all players have roughly the same advantage going forward.
Commodus

Postby UnLimiTeD » Wed May 27, 2015 6:45 pm

Ok, I started over with the new version, and it's been a blast so far.
I have to admit I had to get used to Yarra's new look at first, but now I find it quite fitting. Gives her a mischievous note.
Great fun all around.
Really a piece of Art. It's a bit annoying some of the harder fights are essentially decided by a roll of the dice, though.
Possible Issues:
There's still that bug where in the slavers den, you have to first find the door before you can get the key. Maybe just make it an item?
Yarra's shared Fantasy isn't functioning properly, only applying the buff to the target and then masturbating herself.
The Buttplug I bought said it'd preserve SP, but it... well, it does, but they are always at 100 at the start of a fight no matter how I ended the last one. False alarm, just sets it to 100 if you didn't have one before.
Last edited by UnLimiTeD on Wed May 27, 2015 11:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
UnLimiTeD

Postby rpgfan650 » Wed May 27, 2015 9:13 pm

I'm starting over at the point between the two heroes. However I been wondering if silence works the same for the party and its enemies. The party, under the influence of silence, can't use their MP and SP skills/powers. Is this the same when Simon uses his silencing strikes on the enemy?

Edit;Before posting, wasn't sure if Aka had silence attack anymore so I removed her. After posting notice I left a their in the sentence, replaced it with his.
rpgfan650

Postby Sierra Lee » Wed May 27, 2015 9:50 pm

LordMana Wrote:Thxs a lot Commodus did it and beat the game so far i am curious does anyone know how the investment payout will work because i have invested in the mine and bank like megial said and wondering how the system will work for it?

Commodus made some good general statements, I'll just add that for most of the game investments will be based on plot phases. As you advance the plot there will be consequences and you'll get returns, but new options will become available so you'll have lots of overlapping cycles.

UnLimiTeD Wrote:Ok, I started over with the new version, and it's been a blast so far.
I have to admit I had to get used to Yarra's new look at first, but now I find it quite fitting. Gives her a mischievous note.
Great fun all around.

Glad you're enjoying it. Yarra's redesign was indeed a big change, but I'm glad most people have warmed to it.

rpgfan650 Wrote:I'm starting over at the point between the two heroes. However I been wondering if silence works the same for the party and its enemies. The party, under the influence of silence, can't use their MP and SP skills/powers. Is this the same when Simon uses his silencing strikes on the enemy?

Edit;Before posting, wasn't sure if Aka had silence attack anymore so I removed her. After posting notice I left a their in the sentence, replaced it with his.

They both use the same silence status effect, if that answers your question.
Sierra Lee

Postby UnLimiTeD » Wed May 27, 2015 11:26 pm

To add to an above comment of mine, whould it be possible to change anything about the combat AI?
Or is that RPG Maker Vintage?
Edit: The dual scene with Trin and Yarra has a dual "Escape" in a sentence on page ... 3or 4 I think. Not directly adjacent, but using a different word would improve the flow, I think.
And I have to admit it took me over an hour to find out I had to head for the church to solve the merchant problem.
Edit2: Just got through. That was dapper as fuck! And to think that's just the first chapter (Meaning there's two more to come)! I'm really curious to see how what investment choices pay off.
... Just wondering, if we can, and I expect we do, invest money to, eventually, get more money, won't the ideal choice early on be to get as much as possibly? You know, brothel, potions (keeping the potions is a horrible choice now, btw^^), etc.
Or will we eventually have to defend growing assets with a growing military budget?
UnLimiTeD

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects