(Text-based RPG) Monster Girl Farmer!

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: (Text-based RPG) Monster Girl Farmer!

Postby AcademyOfFetish » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:00 pm

Monster Girl Farmer v0.22.00 released!
What's new:

Random Scene/Quests:
  • Added a massive new scene written by PunishedKom (a lewd writer and artist) and edited by me. As his first contribution -- and I mean this in a good way -- he went a little overboard: last I checked, the scene was just under 11,000 words! Needless to say, there's a lot to explore.

One thing of note before I get into the details: you must have a penis to encounter this scene. If you have a penis AND vagina, that's fine. If your pronouns are she/they, that's fine, too. Doesn't matter if you have breasts or not either. All that matters is if you have a penis. Neither PunishedKom nor I had enough time to add a vagina-only path, but I'd like to do so in the future.

Okay, enough blabbing, I'm sure you're all wondering what this penis-- I mean, scene, is about. While exploring, you discover a path that leads you into an isolated grove surrounded by a wall of boulders.

On the other side of them, you find a sleeping beauty with a giant ruby lodged in her chest like a big red button, waiting to be pressed.
    She's obviously ancient, and who knows how long she's been sleeping there. Her stone gauntlets and boots are covered in moss. Is she some magical weapon of mass destruction, or just waiting for her Prince? Push the button and find out.

SPOILER: Unlock this scene by meeting the conditions mentioned above and exploring the forest. It'll appear randomly and is available to everyone, whether you're playing the demo or the full game.
Pictures:
  • Added a new picture of Amy the ant girl to the game! I think you're really gonna like this one. Let's just say having four arms has its advantages.
Features:
  • Reduced the number of times in a row you can click the history back button to 25 (was 100). This should speed up performance, particularly when autosaving and for devices with limited RAM.
Items:
  • You can now get a key item called The Cultivator. This is a farming tool, and if you own it, your crop yield will permanently increase every harvest.
Bug Fixes:
  • If you gave money to Fred, it would act like you gave him carrots, and giving him carrots will act like you gave him money.
  • Some paths of the poor hobbyist quest unlocked before they were supposed to

Play on any device in your browser
Download the latest version for your desktop
Chat with me and other fans
AcademyOfFetish

Postby BawdyInkSlinger » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:24 am

Please ignore any conspiracy theories you've heard about Monster Girl Farmer. Yes, the new Golem Girl is made of earth, but she is NOT flat.

What's new:
Characters:
  • The sexiest component of this release is the addition of a new major path in the golem girl's introduction. See, in the previous version, when you got to the lewd part, you could only stick it in her front-butt or her mouth-butt. Now you can stick it in her butt-butt too!

PunishedKom authored this scene and I edited it. Coming in at a well-rounded 3000 words, there's plenty of stuff (mainly butt-stuff, tbh) to explore, so check it out and let us know what you think!
Bug Fixes:
  • The golem girl's dialogue wasn't color-coded.
Features:
  • The journal page now shows an accurate number of scenes for each monster girl. For example, it used to say Eva had 2 scenes total, but that was wrong because I was only counting the ones unlocked after "winning" an encounter. There's tons more I left out: scenes unlocked by sleeping, exploring the forest, gifting her items, etc.

When you include all those, Eva has 12(!) scenes total -- and for what it's worth, the later ones get pretty lewd...
  • Similarly, when you interact with an individual monster girl, her scenes viewed/total count now reflects reality.
  • The journal now shows an accurate count of monster girls in the game. It used to say there were 7 girls total, but that was only considering the main story cast. There are just as many optional characters, and now they are counted too. As of this patch, the total number of monster girls in the game is 14(!)!
  • Since its existence, the journal always displayed a row for each monster girl you've met and a breakdown of viewed / total scenes. Now it also includes monster girls you haven't met. This is super useful, especially if you've played previous versions; at a glance, you can see how much content you missed and how much new content has been added.
  • Personally, I think knowing the names/types of monster girls is a bit of a spoiler. So when you haven't met a monster girl yet, her name in the journal becomes '???'.
  • If you hover or click on the aforementioned '???', you'll see a tooltip hint about how to discover her.
  • If you are playing the demo and you're considering purchasing the full game, these new statistics are accurately represented to give you a sense of how much content is left to discover. In the future, I plan to add the average playtime of the demo and/or the full game.
Technical Details:
  • Forgive the brag: this patch changed 395 files, consisted of 211 git commits (i.e., version control), added 8772 lines of code, and deleted 6622. Phew.
BawdyInkSlinger

Postby BawdyInkSlinger » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:44 pm

New release!
Touch her chest, explore her box, thumb her pearl. You guessed it! I'm talking about Monster Girl Farmer's transforming Mimic. (Text-based game supporting ALL platforms)
What's new:
Characters:
  • This release introduces Rebecca, a mimic girl. For those unfamiliar with the concept, they transform into an inanimate object like a treasure chest and wait for a poor adventurer/poor criminal to open them up. Then the mimic ambushes them, leading to a difficult encounter.
    In the context of the game, it's her personality that is... difficult. She tests if you're worthy to worship her (ever-transforming) body by giving you an "oral qualifying exam." If you pass, she'll take you under her proverbial wing, teaching you important lessons like, "shame is a sin" and, "covetous desires are a sign of faith."
    I had a lot of fun writing the scene, especially the transformation parts. As you can see, she has a bold personality and loves having power over you. You can find her by chance when you explore the forest. Just follow the trail of coins.
Features:
  • At the moment, there are so many random exploration scenes, the odds of discovering the specific scene you're looking for has become a grindfest. As a TEMPORARY solution to this problem, I'm adding [url='https://link.monstergirlfarmer.com/cheats']cheat codes for the $5 pledges[/url] allowing you to jump directly to these scenes.
    I see the permanent fix to this problem -- unique scenes occurring in specific locations at a much higher probability -- to be a high priority feature. Implementing it this way is an iteration toward that goal.
  • Monster Girl Farmer was always planned to be an epic game, but now it's truly at the point where it's too large for one person to work on alone. I need content contributors, but they need a way of getting up to speed with the game's lore and character personalities. Therefore, I put a lot of time into creating "Contributors Guide" wiki page. It's still a work in progress, but it's already saved me a lot of time. With these time savings, I was able to hire 4 new authors during this release!
BawdyInkSlinger

Postby BawdyInkSlinger » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:45 pm

Monster Girl Farmer v0.25 released!!!

What's new:
  • This release contains a preview of the chipmunk scene. Dee (as she's named) is super fast — so fast, in fact, that you're unable to understand what she's saying. The two of you learn to communicate through yes and no questions, playing charades, and body language. Naturally, this leads to some hilarious misunderstandings.
    If you give the chipmunk girl more and more carrots, filling her cheeks, it'll lead to a sloppy gagging scene.
    The scene has a lot of options you are meant to experiment with by trying different combinations. e.g., if you perform X then Y on one visit, it should have a different outcome than performing Y then X on the next.
  • Added an MGF favicon
  • I worked on a lot more than this, but none of it is content related so I'll spare you the details. If you like those kinda details, you can read about it in the changelog: https://link.monstergirlfarmer.com/change_log

BawdyInkSlinger

Postby BawdyInkSlinger » Fri May 13, 2022 12:31 am

v0.25.02 released!

New Scene:
  • A massive amount of lewd content has been added to the chipmunk girl scene. Don't forget to bring some carrots!
Bug Fixes:
  • When Amy sleeps over, playing hard/easy/for fun wasn't affecting the outcome of the scene. Now it does.
Technical Details:
  • For player convenience, I created a test passage that allows you to jump directly to the new scene to try it out. Simply go to https://monstergirlfarmer.com?passageName=Test Chipmunk and from there you can play it over and over again. IF YOU ARE USING THIS URL, DO NOT SAVE OVER ANY EXISTING SAVES YOU CARE ABOUT. It's fine to save, just don't overwrite anything important when you do.

Anyway, that's not what this technical issue is about: That test page had a link that was only there for automated testing. It provides no value to a real player, so I have hidden it.

BawdyInkSlinger

Previous

Return to Non-Flash Projects