Future Fragments (action/platformer/RPG) Public Demo Inside!

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Future Fragments (action/platformer/RPG) Public Demo Ins

Postby kvier » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:39 am

hentaiwriter Wrote:I can't say I've actually ever played (or seen) Iji, so I'll have to say that's an accidental reference there :P
Take it as flattery. :)

Iji is a tactical combat platformer that keeps track of the protagonist's kills, and her reactions (and the opponents' reactions) change accordingly. There are a number of major tweaks to the story if she manages to go the whole game without killing a single sentient. (To be fair, there's a fair amount of rules lawyering about what actually counts as killing. Standing in the middle, then jumping out of the way, and letting friendly fire off everyone is A-ok. So is hacking a turret.)
kvier

Postby hentaiwriter » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:47 am

Enkide Wrote:Is the next version going to cost or is it patreon release until the next update leaving the previous one free? :P

All the demos from this point on until release will need a $5 pledge or more on the Patreon to access them, but you'll also be able to access all the previous demos whenever you pledge, too.
Additionally, once the game's done, we'll do one more public demo of the Fire Level, but this time with everything completed and polished and all that :D

Apalapan Wrote:excellent game, and yaaay, I'm the 1000th viewer of this thread ^^

Awesome :D thanks for the praise!

kvier Wrote:Take it as flattery. :)

Iji is a tactical combat platformer that keeps track of the protagonist's kills, and her reactions (and the opponents' reactions) change accordingly. There are a number of major tweaks to the story if she manages to go the whole game without killing a single sentient. (To be fair, there's a fair amount of rules lawyering about what actually counts as killing. Standing in the middle, then jumping out of the way, and letting friendly fire off everyone is A-ok. So is hacking a turret.)

Ah, okay, that's pretty neat! We're going to have something identical to that basically, but stretched through all those 8 features that can change stuff, so yeah, I can see the comparison :P
hentaiwriter

Postby hentaiwriter » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:04 pm

Posting the demo release's changelog from a few days ago;
hentaiwriter

Postby Ynsano » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:07 am

Is the last public demo the 027?
I mean for both meanings.... the last one released..... aaaaannnd... the last one that will be...
Ynsano

Location: Amidst some code searching the missing fucking semicolon.

Postby RandomGuy2599 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:04 pm

This needs a Steam release. No reason not to. Subverse is heading to Steam. Get on that. I'd totally buy it!
RandomGuy2599

Postby Amakuo » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:10 pm

I would probably buy it on Itch so it doesn't show up in my Steam library or activity, but besides that I agree!
Amakuo

Postby RandomGuy2599 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:01 pm

Hell, I bought Subverse. Bring it to Steam and I'll buy a copy on paetron right now. I'm about to turn 30. Entering the "Fuck what people think" phase of my life.
RandomGuy2599

Postby Enkide » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:22 pm

RandomGuy2599 Wrote:Hell, I bought Subverse. Bring it to Steam and I'll buy a copy on paetron right now. I'm about to turn 30. Entering the "Fuck what people think" phase of my life.

I'm 32 It's a good phase.
Enkide

Postby hentaiwriter » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:42 am

Ynsano Wrote:Is the last public demo the 027?
I mean for both meanings.... the last one released..... aaaaannnd... the last one that will be...

Yeah, that's the last public demo that'll be released until completion of the game, at which point we'll put out one more free public demo, but the full game will cost between $10-20 at release (depending on if you got it for $10 at Patreon, or bought it at $20 elsewhere).

RandomGuy2599 Wrote:This needs a Steam release. No reason not to. Subverse is heading to Steam. Get on that. I'd totally buy it!

Amakuo Wrote:I would probably buy it on Itch so it doesn't show up in my Steam library or activity, but besides that I agree!

Not only are we releasing it on Steam, we're also releasing it on Nutaku, FAKKU, Jast, Denpasoft, Mikandi, Gamejolt, Itch.io, MangaGamer, and just about everywhere else :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the long wait in replies, btw; if any of you have been wondering where we've been at, we're still really active over at F95 - https://f95zone.to/threads/future-fragments-v0-42-hentaiwriter.1550/

I'll try to keep updating this topic more from here on out, though!

Progress-wise, we're still putting out monthly demos, and we're just about finished with the FINAL LEVEL of the game, "The End".
Speaking of that level, here's two WIP gifs from it (both heavily compressed);

Here's what we've got left to add before the game's complete - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w8XN-VQ4REdfkT9DR-ybfpm5iV5KJPpFQ9jElKkrKNw/edit#gid=0
And here's our plan/timeline through the end of development by May 2020 - https://pastebin.com/MaJRtQ3E

Also, for anyone who doesn't know, we have a Public Discord channel up for Future Fragments (18+ only of course!)
https://discord.gg/puXrfSm

Finally, we're still active on Twitter too, over at http://www.twitter.com/hentaiwriter

It's been a long, long road but we're finally within reach of the finish line; the final game should be a good 60+ hours of content at this point with all the different endings (40+ of them), hundreds of cutscenes, 20+ hours of voicework, 50+ powerups, 120+ sex scenes, and lots of extras like speedrun mode, boss rush mode, the level editor (likely) being built in so you can trade maps with other players and make your own, the new arousal system, and so on.
hentaiwriter

Postby Amakuo » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:32 pm

Good to see you here again :)

I see on Patreon that you plan to port to Linux and Mac, which is awesome, but it's not mentioned on your roadmap. Do you have a ballpark estimate of how long that will take after release? Are you running a homemade engine or something that's easily portable?
Amakuo

Postby RandomGuy2599 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:03 pm

If I support you via Paetron, will I get a choice of a Steam key for my download?
RandomGuy2599

Postby hentaiwriter » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:38 pm

Amakuo Wrote:Good to see you here again :)

I see on Patreon that you plan to port to Linux and Mac, which is awesome, but it's not mentioned on your roadmap. Do you have a ballpark estimate of how long that will take after release? Are you running a homemade engine or something that's easily portable?

The roadmap is just up to finishing the game; Linux and Mac ports would pretty much come after that, with no real ETA on them as we'd be working on the sequel to the game soon after it's finished.
That said, we definitely do want to port it to both OS's!

For the engine, it's built using an existing engine, but we've basically "hollowed out" that engine so that around 99% of it is our own work, with only the remaining 1% existing as a "scaffold" for the game. The game has a level editor we not only use to make our own levels, cutscenes, events, CG sequences, etc. but backers at a certain tier level can get the editor to make their own versions of all of those things and then share those custom levels with other players even if they don't have the editor, so we've really made the engine "our own" so to speak.

https://vimeo.com/275317427 is an older version of the editor but it shows an example of what I'm talking about :)

RandomGuy2599 Wrote:If I support you via Paetron, will I get a choice of a Steam key for my download?

Yep, we'll be giving out Steam Keys, or alternatively, a download link that's standalone if you wanted to get it outside of Steam instead.
hentaiwriter

Postby RandomGuy2599 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:31 am

Alright, I did the 10$ Tier. Can't wait for the full release.
RandomGuy2599

Postby hentaiwriter » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:34 pm

RandomGuy2599 Wrote:Alright, I did the 10$ Tier. Can't wait for the full release.

Thanks a lot! Come join the Discord if you want too :D
hentaiwriter

Previous

Return to Non-Flash Projects