SEX QUEST (RPG Maker MV, v0.14.3)(CHAPTER 14 complete)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: SEX QUEST (RPG Maker MV, v0.4.1 fixed)(CHAPTER 4 COMPLET

Postby Anon21 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:19 pm

Fighting naga and getting ...
"Failed to load: img/sv_actors/amelia-actor.png"
errors.

Copied amelia.png to amelia-actor.png and it seems to work.
Anon21

Postby hornyninja » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:04 pm

Anon21 Wrote:Fighting naga and getting ...
"Failed to load: img/sv_actors/amelia-actor.png"
errors.

Copied amelia.png to amelia-actor.png and it seems to work.

Since this is an ongoing issue I cannot replicate on my end, I'm curious.

Did you have this issue with the new fixed version I uploaded? Or is this something you experienced in the original 0.4.1 update (before I released the "fixed" version).

I ask because another player had a similar issue with 0.4.1 and stated the 0.4.1 fixed version no longer had this bug. Since this bug is no longer appearing on my end I cannot test for it.

Any feedback will help!
Come check out my silly Sex Quest! ^_^
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

Postby Anon21 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:39 pm

hornyninja Wrote:
Anon21 Wrote:Fighting naga and getting ...Any feedback will help!

Ah, it's probably the 'pre fixed' version. I was confused, because I wasn't sure if '0.4.1' fixed was actually a separate update or if 0.4.1 was the update that fixed 0.4.0
Anon21

Postby hornyninja » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:57 pm

Anon21 Wrote:
hornyninja Wrote:
Anon21 Wrote:Fighting naga and getting ...Any feedback will help!

Ah, it's probably the 'pre fixed' version. I was confused, because I wasn't sure if '0.4.1' fixed was actually a separate update or if 0.4.1 was the update that fixed 0.4.0

Sorry for the confusion. I didn't feel calling 0.4.2 would be appropriate because I was literally just fixing what was supposed to be fixed in 0.4.1

In the future I will tag on another .1 in this scenario (ex - 0.4.1.1).
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

Postby hoboy » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:57 am

Thanks for the heads up! Definitely started the Penelope rescue too soon, so restarted from a save halfway through the fuck list. Got all the guild quests finished and leveled up b4 watching - err, mean rescuing Pen from the gangbang. Now out in the wilds and on the way avoiding adventurers etc...

PS - in case anyone is curious, there is a fuck ton of new content...check it out...
hoboy

Postby rpgfan650 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:51 am

hornyninja Wrote:I understand people are having trouble with some of the monsters. This isn't the first time I've heard stories like yours @rpgfan and even I with all my knowledge of how to fight certain battles have trouble with them. For that reason I will be going through my database and working on rebalancing the EXP rewards for certain enemies.

I'm no developer, so would reorganizing the monster be easier?
To clarify: Monster encounters on the western map from village.
Sebastian only:(Naga Queen) The fairy is replaced with with the spore. From 25 to 10 exp.
Sebastian and Amelia:(Wolf Quest) Replace plants with wolves. 10 exp for each wolf. Also allows to get 10 pelts.
Sebastian, Amelia, and Penelope: Monster encounters, 2 fairies or 3 wolves. More fairies than wolves.

hornyninja Wrote:I'm glad the update works! You did not have to do that or restart your play through (that makes me sad).

I usually restart when I do something stupid. This time NOT buying antidotes so I could collect enough poison needles for Penelope's crafting.

hornyninja Wrote:I will still need to find a permanent solution to why rpgmaker is creating this glitch for others and not me though...

It might be a graphics issue. My card should be retired plus it a HD type. I have a problem with games using OpenGL above 1.0.
rpgfan650

Postby hornyninja » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:53 pm

rpgfan650 Wrote:Sebastian and Amelia:(Wolf Quest) Replace plants with wolves. 10 exp for each wolf. Also allows to get 10 pelts.

These are not bad ideas! I never considered switching up enemy encounters on Havenwood Path (or anywhere for that matter.) If I have time to go back and work on it I will definitely try that out!

rpgfan650 Wrote:I usually restart when I do something stupid. This time NOT buying antidotes so I could collect enough poison needles for Penelope's crafting.

Why not do multiple saves as you progress? Like when something big is coming up, make a new save. That way if you mess up or get stuck, you have some room to backtrack without starting from the beginning. I gave you all 99 save slots for a reason. ^_^

rpgfan650 Wrote:It might be a graphics issue. My card should be retired plus it a HD type. I have a problem with games using OpenGL above 1.0.

That's not what's causing the bug. When I was experimenting with the battler sprites I moved them from the sv_actor folder and renamed them for testing. Since the game is frontview for battles it is not even using those sv_actor images for anything. However, the BattleStatusWindow plugin I am using also looks for those sv_actor assets for an actors database and I think it requires them regardless of if they are showing or not. I put them back in and even fixed the database so now it includes the assets for amelia.png in the sv_actor folder since that is what the database knows to look for.

What I am not sure of is why it is looking for amelia-actor.png at all. (which is the duplicate of amelia.png I made for experimenting only.) Since it is happening during fights, I am 90% sure it is a BattleStatusWindow. When I export I check do not include unused assets. This leaves out that amelia-actor.png since the game itself never uses it. For some reason the plugin might be trying to reference it in battles which is the bug you all are experiencing. I do not know why it was happening for you all and not me but I will keep searching for the needle in a haystack to find out!

@rpgfan650: wow! This certainly has been a lot of feedback to respond to. Hope I addressed all your concerns. Feel free to message me too if you have any other concerns. I appreciate your continued feedback and interest! ^_^

EDIT: @hoboy: Glad to hear opinions about the new Chapter 4 finally! Was afraid I was making the game faster than people could accomplish it. I was actually worried Chapter 4 may seem small compared to all the things to do in the city of sex. Especially since there are only 4 sex scenes and 1 new girl for the sex curse. I have A LOT planned for Chapter 5 as well so I'm super excited moving forward!

quote="Darthjake"]I don't know how many other ppl did this, but in my mind I though cure was cure (poison), of course I know better now, but my first playthrough I was not healing myself. :D

EDIT: @darthjake: Silly! What game doesn't give you an early stage healing ability?? Not Sex Quest! On a similar note, has anyone realized the contradiction in Sebastian having a Cure spell when he should only be able to cast Magic Missile? What's up with that? ;)
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

Happy (Late) Thanksgiving to all! pre-update news

Postby hornyninja » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:59 am

To those who celebrated, I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! :D I know I'm stuffed personally.

Luckily I had LOTS of time to work on Chapter 5 during the holiday break while also spending time with family. Honestly, I'm excited for this one!

I don't want to give away too much but I do want to say that I finally started toying around with assets using GIMP and I managed to make quite a few necessary revamps! Including changes to the sprites for naga and mermaids as well as making it possible for faces to have multiple facial features (for example: Rakshivah can now blush without losing her badass face scar!) Wish me luck as I continue teaching myself the art of sprite/faceset editing!

(Yes I know the naga sprite still needs work. This is only a first attempt.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

See you all in December! Chapter 5 should be ready before Christmas. It'll be a super special Christmas present from me to all of you! ^_^
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

Postby Yorozuya » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:44 am

I played this about a week ago. Good to know that the project is ongoing and you're enthusiastic about it.

I found 2 bugs(?) in chapters 3 and 4:

- The condor feathers repeatable quest... When you select it, it describes the quest of the orc raid instead, and then after you finish the quest, it remains in your quest list.
- In the mountains where you're escaping to New Jewel Kingdom... There's this lone War Sword member you can interact with, that is supposed to modify Penelope or Rakshivah's affection based on your choice. But whichever option you choose will lower Penelope's and increase Rakshivah's.

I have a general question too about affection points. Do you plan to make many more events that eventually would max out all the girls' affections, and ultimately unlock all the sex scenes? Or are there some sacrifices that you just gotta make and so you can't have everything in one playthrough? Or maybe we should make a different save file to collect all the scenes? Was just thinking about Penelope's gangbang scene, which has a considerable penalty on her affection points... If we don't view the scene, we won't record it ever in our Sex Journal. But if we do, how much is it going to affect our future relationship with her? Same goes with Amelia's vine molestation and succubus baiting scene.

Aside from that, I'm loving the game so far. Good plot, good scenes, good aesthetics. The actual combat mechanisms raise several questions for me though:
- Combat-wise, some of the enemies are too powerful. For example, Direwolves with their Savage Trash move, which is like 3 attacks on 3 random targets, basically making it a fusion of Rakshivah's Beatdown and Wild Swing. Combine that with their high attack power, it can kill anyone that's not Rakshivah or Amelia in one turn, or even kill them as well if all 9 attacks land on them.

- Then, evasion chance absolutely ruins the fun in battle and make you pray to the RNG gods with every action you take. Sure it's great when it procs on your own team, but most of the time you're left facing an enemy which only needs 1 or 2 more hits to kill, but then they evade all attacks and turn the table on you. I'd rather there be no evasion but then we get more reliable mechanics so that we can plan our battle moves... or at least lower the evasion values all around.

- Most importantly IMO the battle skills are... weird to say the least. For example Penelope's Dual Shot, I expected it to be a skill that performs 2x normal attack to random enemies. Instead, I look at the damage values of normal attack vs. dual shot attacks, and the skill damage seems about 30-40% lower than normal attack. This applies to a lot of skills too, they seem to have their own base damage value instead of based on your normal attack.

I guess that's all from me. Sorry if that's too much to absorb or too critical, but I really do like your work here, and I'm interested to see where this will go. Thanks and keep it up.
Yorozuya

Postby hornyninja » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:48 am

@Yorozuya. Thanks for all the feedback! Let's see if I can tackle all the issues you mentioned...

Yorozuya Wrote:

- The condor feathers repeatable quest... When you select it, it describes the quest of the orc raid instead, and then after you finish the quest, it remains in your quest list.
- In the mountains where you're escaping to New Jewel Kingdom... There's this lone War Sword member you can interact with, that is supposed to modify Penelope or Rakshivah's affection based on your choice. But whichever option you choose will lower Penelope's and increase Rakshivah's.

Rest assured, the variables are correct. Only the message that appears is wrong. Already fixed for next update.

Yorozuya Wrote:I have a general question too about affection points...

In short, Affection levels will alter the course of a game but not in any dramatic way that players will have to focus on it too much. If it were more integral I would do things like make it clear what option will do what for affections before they are chosen and by how much.
One instance appears first in Chapter 4 in the cave before the Minotaur event. If Penelope has 25 Affection by then she will reveal something about herself and then go on to teach Sebastian some elven speech (which is needed for various quests later on). However, this is not integral to do since players will have more than enough chances to learn elven later on even without having Penelope at 25 Affection (or taking the option in Merchant Bodyguard).

As a goal, I want players to come to the same conclusion but get there in various ways...

Yorozuya Wrote:- Combat-wise, some of the enemies are too powerful.

Yorozuya Wrote:- Then, evasion chance absolutely ruins the fun in battle and make you pray to the RNG gods with every action you take. Sure it's great when it procs on your own team, but most of the time you're left facing an enemy which only needs 1 or 2 more hits to kill, but then they evade all attacks and turn the table on you. I'd rather there be no evasion but then we get more reliable mechanics so that we can plan our battle moves... or at least lower the evasion values all around.

Please clarify. Do you mean evasion as a chance for Miss attacks? Or by escaping a battle? If evasion I'm assuming you're talking about the hit rate of some skills (like Beatdown, Rising Slash, etc) where the hit rate is considerably lower. These skills are INTENTIONALLY not perfect because they are not learned as perfected moves. For example, Amelia was able to upgrade one of two of her moves in High Ecstasy. This will become a theme throughout the game. I have given Amelia, Rakshivah and Penelope a bunch of moves to learn early on in the game and then later a chance for players to choose which skills to upgrade and perfect. For now I'd say experiment to find which skill works best, upgrade skills you think will be more necessary when those situations arise, etc. WIth that being said, I am in a constant struggle to rebalance skills and I will take this into consideration.

Yorozuya Wrote:- Most importantly IMO the battle skills are... weird to say the least. For example Penelope's Dual Shot, I expected it to be a skill that performs 2x normal attack to random enemies. Instead, I look at the damage values of normal attack vs. dual shot attacks, and the skill damage seems about 30-40% lower than normal attack. This applies to a lot of skills too, they seem to have their own base damage value instead of based on your normal attack.

There are multiple factors at work than just the skill isn't as strong as the normal attack. Enemies have strengths and weaknesses to various attacks. Penelope fights with a variety of weapons and skills so she sees this more than any other player (which unfortunately makes her harder to use). Penelope can either hit a foe hard by exploiting a weakness with range weapons (like the Harpoon being overkill in Coral Cave but nowhere else) or her Explosion gear skill (which is super effective against enemies that are stone, heavily armored, or the Ent Tree), or do basically no damage at all.

I tested various double attacking skills (Double Shot and Dozen Arrows especially) and realize they do require buffing. I will make that change in the next update!

:D I appreciate all the comments and bugs found. Long comments are my favorite so don't be afraid to give me an essay of things I need to look into! Thank you for taking the time to let me know!
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

Postby Yorozuya » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:46 am

Thanks for the response, good to know that the bugs are addressed and affection system isn't going to be a major focus.

hornyninja Wrote:Please clarify. Do you mean evasion as a chance for Miss attacks? Or by escaping a battle? If evasion I'm assuming you're talking about the hit rate of some skills (like Beatdown, Rising Slash, etc) where the hit rate is considerably lower. These skills are INTENTIONALLY not perfect because they are not learned as perfected moves. For example, Amelia was able to upgrade one of two of her moves in High Ecstasy. This will become a theme throughout the game. I have given Amelia, Rakshivah and Penelope a bunch of moves to learn early on in the game and then later a chance for players to choose which skills to upgrade and perfect. For now I'd say experiment to find which skill works best, upgrade skills you think will be more necessary when those situations arise, etc. WIth that being said, I am in a constant struggle to rebalance skills and I will take this into consideration.

It's for miss attacks, and to be fair you did state on the skills' descriptions that some of them are meant to be high-risk high-reward. Honestly, I usually don't use those skills because I usually do my battles in an ultra-conservative fashion to save MP. It's just because you can't tell when you'll get to the next healing fountain or free resting place or a full-heal event, so I prefer to keep my party in near top-form in case of a surprise tough battle.

For example...
Sebastian -> Masturbate, Lust Boost x2, Sexy Missile (unless there's like 1 or 2 enemies that are already near death, I'll just use magic missile so my other party members can use their turn for something better)
Amelia -> Normal attack (but against dangerous enemies, I straight up focus with a Pincushion or two);
Rakshivah -> Normal attack (or use 2x War Cry during boss fights to boost Amelia as well, and other skills situationally)
Nymph -> Masturbate, then either Purifying Oral / Pleasure Regen for MP-free healing (but uses more powerful skills in a pinch).

Anyways because I spend most of my battles using normal attacks, I noticed that characters (well mostly Amelia / Rakshivah / Penelope) tend to miss 40-50% of the time. I'm not sure if that's something connected to the agility or luck stat or maybe something else... but it does feel abysmal enough to discourage me from using skills that hit more than once, let alone those that have lowered accuracy, in fear of me just wasting my turn and MP.

hornyninja Wrote:There are multiple factors at work than just the skill isn't as strong as the normal attack. Enemies have strengths and weaknesses to various attacks. Penelope fights with a variety of weapons and skills so she sees this more than any other player (which unfortunately makes her harder to use). Penelope can either hit a foe hard by exploiting a weakness with range weapons (like the Harpoon being overkill in Coral Cave but nowhere else) or her Explosion gear skill (which is super effective against enemies that are stone, heavily armored, or the Ent Tree), or do basically no damage at all.

Yeah, I noticed that with the Harpoon actually, pretty neat if I must say. However the skills don't seem to synchronize with the weapon's properties. For example, Penelope's normal attack with the Harpoon deals about 200-300 damage if I remember right, but when using Dual Shot, each of them deal some 2-digit values, like 70-90 or so... I thought that shouldn't be intentional right? Or maybe it was?
Yorozuya

Postby hornyninja » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:02 am

Yorozuya Wrote:It's for miss attacks, and to be fair you did state on the skills' descriptions that some of them are meant to be high-risk high-reward. Honestly, I usually don't use those skills because I usually do my battles in an ultra-conservative fashion to save MP. It's just because you can't tell when you'll get to the next healing fountain or free resting place or a

Fair enough. I will make note of this when developing later skills and especially when skills get upgraded. My goal isn't to fill the skill lists with dozens of useless skills no one wants to use. :o

Yorozuya Wrote:Yeah, I noticed that with the Harpoon actually, pretty neat if I must say. However the skills don't seem to synchronize with the weapon's properties. For example, Penelope's normal attack with the Harpoon deals about 200-300 damage if I remember right, but when using Dual Shot, each of them deal some 2-digit values, like 70-90 or so... I thought that shouldn't be intentional right? Or maybe it was?

Yes. Dual Shot is broken. After review of the Skill List I noticed an error with the "elements" of various skills including Dual Shot. Which is why a lot of skills are not working like they should. I will be working on rebalancing skills for next update. Unfortunately, rpgmaker does not work like that. Normal Attack may take the elemental properties of a weapon like Harpoon, but Skills have their own elements they use apart from the Normal Attack/Weapon equipped.

On the note of element types, I am currently looking into ways to make this more apparent. Such as coloring hit text for an element attack to make it more obvious what an enemy is weak to. That'd be nice ^_^
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

Postby espguy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:59 pm

Small question I just arrived at the hall of heroes and Im stuck, I cant talk to npcs and they dont talk to me , I also cant leave. I choose to surrender.
espguy
Newly Registered

Postby hornyninja » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:52 am

espguy Wrote:Small question I just arrived at the hall of heroes and Im stuck, I cant talk to npcs and they dont talk to me , I also cant leave. I choose to surrender.

Please elaborate. Did nothing happen after Captain Mithril arrives and transfers to the Hall of Heroes throne room? And if so did the event for that moment start?

Or are you stuck after that event and did not get transferred to the Guest Rooms? Or is that where you are stuck?

I have not seen this issue in testing so any further descriptions will help!
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

Postby espguy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:52 am

The event dont start Im sent to a hall with him and another 3 in chairs/thrones, but no one speaks and I cant leave. Its my first time playing so I dont know whats supposed to happen, sorry if I cant help more.
espguy
Newly Registered

Postby hornyninja » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:40 pm

espguy Wrote:The event dont start Im sent to a hall with him and another 3 in chairs/thrones, but no one speaks and I cant leave. Its my first time playing so I dont know whats supposed to happen, sorry if I cant help more.

Any help is more than helpful here! ^_^
I am curious if anyone else is getting this bug? If it's a common issue like the amelia-actor.png issue last version, it makes it easier to identify what's happening and solve on my end.

As of version 0.5.0 I cannot replicate this bug so hopefully it has been eliminated. I am currently doing final playtests this week and next and working my hardest (along with a couple rad volunteers!) to see if there is ANY scenario where this bug happens but nothing so far. If this bug happens again when I release the public 0.5.x version next week let me know! Until then just wait patiently (there are LOTS of better hentai rpgs around that should keep you busy until then :D ).
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

Postby espguy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:34 am

Ill try to resist instead of simply accepting the arrest to see if it works, I may also do some other tests.
BTW just a curiosity, When in saved the elf from the 2 warswords the MC said it could have fucked her if he knew elven, I have messed up and supposed to have learnt elven already or its normal that I only learned 33% from the merchant?

UPDATE: Does the scene trigger is related to rakshiva? Because shes for whatever reason fully healed and cant take damage, Ive made sure shes being hit by enemies during fights after I saw shes fully healed but its always 0 damage.
espguy
Newly Registered

Postby hornyninja » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:39 am

espguy Wrote:Ill try to resist instead of simply accepting the arrest to see if it works, I may also do some other tests.

Resisting or surrendering has no effect other than for affection purposes. Mithril will intervene and take you to the throne room regardless.

espguy Wrote:BTW just a curiosity, When in saved the elf from the 2 warswords the MC said it could have fucked her if he knew elven, I have messed up and supposed to have learnt elven already or its normal that I only learned 33% from the merchant?

You did the RIGHT thing here. I haven't had a chance to formally explain this but there are going to be 3 instances similar to this where elf girls are being harassed by ass holes. The first being one in the pop brothel raid. This one is MISSABLE as well which is why I wanted to clarify this.
And no. As far as learning elven you are fine. There is a second chance to learn elven from Penelope in the cave before the Minotaur if your affection with her is high enough but she will offer this multiple opportunities later on so there is no need to go back. There will also be more than the necessary three chances to learn elven and reap the "benefits" of that so do not worry. :)

espguy Wrote:UPDATE: Does the scene trigger is related to rakshiva? Because shes for whatever reason fully healed and cant take damage, Ive made sure shes being hit by enemies during fights after I saw shes fully healed but its always 0 damage.

Rakshivah's status has nothing to do with the event either. The event in the throne room should trigger regardless of ANYTHING else since it does not call for any switches or requirements. That's why I'm confused as to why it is not working with you. If you can pm me a copy of your save file I can try to look into it if you like.
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

Postby espguy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:51 am

The raskhiva stuff was because she have toomuch armor I unequipped everything and she took damage.
espguy
Newly Registered

Postby hornyninja » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:38 pm

espguy Wrote:The raskhiva stuff was because she have toomuch armor I unequipped everything and she took damage.

Rakshivah is meant to be a tank when it comes to physical attacks but is weak against most magic and elements. Especially sex (cuz sex is an element too ya'll!)

Revamping the element relations is another thing on my to do list
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects