Cursed Spawn (RPG Maker VX ACE)(Alpha 3 12/08/17)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Cursed Spawn (RPG Maker VX ACE)

Postby Frurose » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:28 pm

You might not want to waste a lot of time on a system to re-spawn the enemies since they never de-spawn in the first place. I was able to avoid the first few by patiently waiting for them to step aside; however, after traveling up the first ladder, that enemy would not move and thus the game cannot proceed. I did also note that when the party dies and re-spawns, they do so with zero experience and are back to level 1 and that they retain equipment and skills learned.

Good luck on fixing your game, but I would suggest you should first decide about this before anything else:

cheddaredgrizzly Wrote:Now for Hentai****
Part of me is actually still wondering if I even want to add hentai to the game or not, part of the reason it isn't advertised a lot, but if it is added, it will be at the very least, picture based, and at most fully animated.
Frurose

Re: Cursed Spawn (RPG Maker VX ACE)

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:48 am

Frurose Wrote:You might not want to waste a lot of time on a system to re-spawn the enemies since they never de-spawn in the first place. I was able to avoid the first few by patiently waiting for them to step aside; however, after traveling up the first ladder, that enemy would not move and thus the game cannot proceed. I did also note that when the party dies and re-spawns, they do so with zero experience and are back to level 1 and that they retain equipment and skills learned.

Good luck on fixing your game, but I would suggest you should first decide about this before anything else:

cheddaredgrizzly Wrote:Now for Hentai****
Part of me is actually still wondering if I even want to add hentai to the game or not, part of the reason it isn't advertised a lot, but if it is added, it will be at the very least, picture based, and at most fully animated.

Found the problem. My system was relying on two separate switches and having at least one of them being on...And I forgot to turn one of the switches back in the intro. Will be fixed. shortly. Sorry for all the waiting you had to do. Also, the losing experience isn't a glitch, it's part of the system. If you recover the flame back at where you died then you recover all of that experience back.

Also...I hate to sound rude, but me experimenting with how to make animated scenes and asking questions about it is basically the answer for "It's happening." Besides I'm not making a game purely about sex, I'm making a game that just so happens to have sex in it, meaning it's not priority 1.

Here's the updated link
https://mega.nz/#!YXZQFDSI!JHOAlENzKYjd ... pLCCJHwaGA

cheddaredgrizzly

Re: Cursed Spawn (RPG Maker VX ACE)(Update 7/28/17 Fix)

Postby brontanius » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:37 pm

Haven't been on these forums for awhile and when i got back I saw this game and I am assuming that it is fairly newish. I admire that you are trying to do a dark souls esk type game but got some issues for you as well as a few questions.
Question's come first:
1. Is there any H-scenes in the game thus far? given the art style of the mom/sister, it seems obvious to me that there is/will be/should be scenes in the game. I am also going ahead and assuming that the art will get better as the game progresses and as you grow as a developer of said game. EDIT: just read the last post and now feel a bit stupid.
2. Why does your character keep saying to mom:" Maybe if i get her to like me more, I will get rewarded " when there is no way to make her like you any more?

Issues:
Morning time, if you don't interact with mom while she is in the tub, he sprite stay there during mid day until enter and leave the house
Before dinner time, if you talk to either the mom or the sister but don't choose the option to advance time, the bust art will stay on screen until you talk to sister and advance time. Even if you leave the building.(this is a coding error, I know because i have done it too).
Any time during the day after room locks are broken. You can enter the rooms but if you press a on the tile you enter to(aka infront of the door), even when not looking at the door, you will leave the room.
In the alternate realm, if you die, your character will revert to level 1 even if you reclaim your souls(unknown if this is fixed or not).
As soon as you leave the screen with the bonfire, why the fuck is there like 100 monsters hah. There is absolutely no need for it and it makes the game have artificial difficulty which results in negative feedback man. Tone it down a bit.
brontanius

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:09 pm

brontanius Wrote:Haven't been on these forums for awhile and when i got back I saw this game and I am assuming that it is fairly newish. I admire that you are trying to do a dark souls esk type game but got some issues for you as well as a few questions.
Question's come first:
1. Is there any H-scenes in the game thus far? given the art style of the mom/sister, it seems obvious to me that there is/will be/should be scenes in the game. I am also going ahead and assuming that the art will get better as the game progresses and as you grow as a developer of said game. EDIT: just read the last post and now feel a bit stupid.
2. Why does your character keep saying to mom:" Maybe if i get her to like me more, I will get rewarded " when there is no way to make her like you any more?

Issues:
Morning time, if you don't interact with mom while she is in the tub, he sprite stay there during mid day until enter and leave the house
Before dinner time, if you talk to either the mom or the sister but don't choose the option to advance time, the bust art will stay on screen until you talk to sister and advance time. Even if you leave the building.(this is a coding error, I know because i have done it too).
Any time during the day after room locks are broken. You can enter the rooms but if you press a on the tile you enter to(aka infront of the door), even when not looking at the door, you will leave the room.
In the alternate realm, if you die, your character will revert to level 1 even if you reclaim your souls(unknown if this is fixed or not).
As soon as you leave the screen with the bonfire, why the fuck is there like 100 monsters hah. There is absolutely no need for it and it makes the game have artificial difficulty which results in negative feedback man. Tone it down a bit.

Thanks for the support. Yeah the game is still pretty limited when it comes to Mom and Sarah. I wanted to focus first on making a game that would be fun to play without hentai first and then add it in when I felt the main game was solid.

Like you said in question 1, much of the art is still in development, and I will prob redraw some art assets latter, but as of now, there are no hentai animations.
As for your second question, I put that line in there as a way to foreshadow that you can increase relationships later, but there is no way to increase relationships with mom currently.

As for Bugs
1. Yeah, I know exactly the problem with this. Mom's bath tub sprite is a picture, and I had it in the events tab to erase it at noon, but I forgot to change it to parallel process. I'm too lazy to update that now, but once I figure our the level system bug, then I'll update the demo.
2.Again, probably forgot to put erase picture. Thanks.
3. Because all the rooms in the house are so small, I simply had an action button be used to exit the rooms thinking people would go in and out quickly. I'll add a direction condition to fix that.
4. :shock: :shock: :shock: OH GOD I'M A FREAKING IDIOT! So I found out the problem, I stored the experience number into the wrong variable! I'm going to test out the game to see if that fixes the problem, and update the demo if it's fixed.
5. Because I'm a Satist :lol: In reality though, yeah it's too many enemies. I'd put that many there initially, thinking since It's a market hub that there be a lot of people...but even I was having trouble trying to reach the Berg when trying to test my game. Will cut down enemies in half.

Again thanks for the bug report and comments. It helps improve the game every step of the way. If you have any suggestions for the game (Whether for systems or fun naughty scenes) let me know in this forum and I'll see if I can work my magic.
Morals don't apply to me. I'm a Bear made of Cheese.
cheddaredgrizzly

Re: Cursed Spawn (RPG Maker VX ACE)(Update 8/2/17 FixB)

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:02 pm

cheddaredgrizzly

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:12 am

I've noticed that many of my cheat codes are either not showing up, or I have accidentally made them inaccessible. Since I don't plan on updating the demo until I get my next big update out (Or fixing game breaking bugs) Here's a list of my favorite cheats. You still have to find the cheat room though.

torak-turn into a dinosaur
goldeneye- big head
gentlemen- Top hat and monocle with mustache
sanic- turn into Tails Prowler.

Remember you can type in "reset" to turn your graphic back

In the mean time- what characters or events do you wish/hope to see in future versions of Cursed Spawn?
cheddaredgrizzly

Postby brontanius » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:12 pm

cheddaredgrizzly Wrote:I've noticed that many of my cheat codes are either not showing up, or I have accidentally made them inaccessible. Since I don't plan on updating the demo until I get my next big update out (Or fixing game breaking bugs) Here's a list of my favorite cheats. You still have to find the cheat room though.

torak-turn into a dinosaur
goldeneye- big head
gentlemen- Top hat and monocle with mustache
sanic- turn into Tails Prowler.

Remember you can type in "reset" to turn your graphic back

In the mean time- what characters or events do you wish/hope to see in future versions of Cursed Spawn?

I'm going to get the adult ideas for future versions out of the way first:
H-scenes inside the home/outside on the street/inside the stores/inside the dark souls verse.

Various fetishes excluding vore/guro/scat(seriously i have no idea how anyone can get off to getting eaten, cutting people up or getting shit on). Maybe urination being allowed at a stretch, not a big fan of it myself, but many people are into that for some reason or another.

Maybe domination and/or blackmail of the people inside and outside the dark souls verse. Again at a stretch, raping of the enemy if they are of the female orientation. Again not a big fan of that, considering the enemies, but there are a lot of wierd people out there who are into raping zeds.

Normal game ideas:
Expanding the world: I admit i didn't pay much attention to the starter text but i am sure that it is the start of summer. Maybe introduce a time aspect to the game where you can play through summer and then the mc can go back to school if they want. Maybe allow the mc to eventually go back to the cemetery and if possible allow him to bring others into the dark souls verse as a sort of evil path???. Expanding the world is hard and will happen over a lot of time but it will be necessary.

Questing: Add some quests inside and outside the darksouls verse. Inside can activate new places to go or new items to be found. Outside could be used to increase the friendship between mom/sis. Maybe the mom is too busy to do the shopping and asks mc to do it for her, thereby, increasing friendship.

Character counterparts: Maybe have counterparts of real life characters, mom/sis/girl/hardware store owner, as dark souls verse characters. Mom could become the Firekeeper, hardware store owner could be the blacksmith etc etc. The mc could interact with these characters and do quests for them(as mentioned above) which could affect the real life versions. It could eventually result in the real life characters gaining some semblance of knowing whats going on or eventually bringing them into the other dimension.

Camio: Its a DS type game, there has to be a solaire knock off. After all praise the kapri sun.

The invasion system: This could be hard to do, maybe if there is an evil/good path implemented, the MC could have a way to invade other worlds to gain power which could be used towards the end. Or if you want to simulate getting invaded, you could have triggers in specific areas that will spawn a spirit that will quickly pursue the player and would then battle them simulating an invasion.

Morality: probably late to put it down here as i mentioned it above, maybe a good an evil system. Been playing a lot of UBD by nergalsnest and think a similar system could be implemented in your game in the long run where the more good/evil your character is could influence the way he talks/acts, influence encounters(maybe you fight against your ancestor as he gets disgusted by you, maybe you could corrupt him to become evil unknown for now), influence the future H-scenes and the dialog in said scenes if any, how others treat the mc/speak to him etc etc.
brontanius

Postby Elaymidoray » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:42 pm

cheddaredgrizzly Wrote:5. Because I'm a Satist :lol: In reality though, yeah it's too many enemies. I'd put that many there initially, thinking since It's a market hub that there be a lot of people...but even I was having trouble trying to reach the Berg when trying to test my game. Will cut down enemies in half.

In that, I would suggest looking at it this way. Yes, there were a lot of people, but not everyone became a walking corpse for all intents and purposes. In fact, I would say most people are just dead dead. The unmoving kind lol. Take a look at Dark Souls itself, yeah, there were plenty o' enemies but there was never really crowds, just a few here and there. Just a thought mate.
Elaymidoray

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:58 pm

Various fetishes excluding vore/guro/scat(seriously i have no idea how anyone can get off to getting eaten, cutting people up or getting shit on). Maybe urination being allowed at a stretch, not a big fan of it myself, but many people are into that for some reason or another.

Yeah I should have been more specific about that. What I have done prior is put the fetishes in that I'm interested in. So from here on, No Vore, Guro, Scat, BDSM or urination. Besides that, I'll keep things In consideration, but that doesn't mean for certain I'll do it. So if someone suggests a foot fetish scene (despite the fact that a foot fetish doesn't make sense to me personally) i'll keep it in consideration, but only if I find it worth while.

Maybe domination and/or blackmail of the people inside and outside the dark souls verse. Again at a stretch, raping of the enemy if they are of the female orientation. Again not a big fan of that, considering the enemies, but there are a lot of wierd people out there who are into raping zeds.

Blackmail is something I'm ok with as well as bits of domination. As for Rape...that's a touchy subject. I kind of want to make a bit of a distinction between the world of Azkabar vs the real world in tone. The real world is a silly light hearted place with sex, Azkabar in contrast is a place that has lost hope. Kind of hard to add sex in that part....That being said, I do have some plans with character counterparts where you might be able to do that...

Character counterparts: Maybe have counterparts of real life characters, mom/sis/girl/hardware store owner, as dark souls verse characters.

I actually have enemy counterparts for both mom and sis planed. I was going to have it where depending on how corrupted mom and sis is, the weaker their counterpart becomes in the boss battle. However, I also love the idea of using minor characters like the Hardware store owner as the blacksmith. A good way to save making new characters.

there has to be a solaire knock off.
Praise the Sun!

As for the final points. I wasn't thinking of a morality system, but maybe a simple consequence system instead. Now for Invasions...I have no Idea how that would work! I'll experiment with this...but don't keep you hopes high for it.
cheddaredgrizzly

Postby BlasterBlade210 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:27 pm

cheddaredgrizzly Wrote:
Character counterparts: Maybe have counterparts of real life characters, mom/sis/girl/hardware store owner, as dark souls verse characters.

I actually have enemy counterparts for both mom and sis planed. I was going to have it where depending on how corrupted mom and sis is, the weaker their counterpart becomes in the boss battle. However, I also love the idea of using minor characters like the Hardware store owner as the blacksmith. A good way to save making new characters.

My first thought oddly is influenced by Persona 5 and Cognition... where some Real World Actions carry over to the other world... perhaps as an expannsion, some events the game can remember and have it bite you in the butt sooner or later...

As for the final points. I wasn't thinking of a morality system, but maybe a simple consequence system instead. Now for Invasions...I have no Idea how that would work! I'll experiment with this...but don't keep you hopes high for it.

... which I think you can build off of in Special Invasions (non-PvP), so an "invader" could be a Counterpart to some characters you might have pissed off for one reason or another, which accumulates to a special battle and it's own bag of Cognitive perspective and issues.
BlasterBlade210

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:41 am

nergal.png
Nergal's Nest is Shutting Down

WOW! :(

This was a surprise! I was just browsing some of my usual sites before heading to bed for first day of school tomorrow...but I Just have to talk about this.

As I've stated in the past, Cursed spawn started out as a prequel to a Urban X Life clone I was making (If you don't know UXL was made by Wootch, who has gone radio silent since January). I was taking lots of inspiration for my game from Nergal's Nest, seeing how he was also making a UXL clone and was doing a bloody good job at it, when it came to how to structure both my UXL game as well as Cursed Spawn.

This is very saddening to see Nergal is moving on. However I do appreciate the honesty and upfront nature of the post of his quitting compared to Wootch who no one has heard from since.

So how does this impact Cursed Spawn? Well it doesn't. But I do feel that I should announce that yes, I am making a UXL like game, It will be a sequel to Cursed Spawn, and Development for this game will continue after Cursed Spawn in finished.

Farewell Nergal.
cheddaredgrizzly

Postby brontanius » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:15 am

Hey it sucks that he is stopping, i was one of his biggest supporters too on patreon and even before he started it when he was just starting out a slight continuation of wootches game. It's not all that bad man, he posted another time which you might have missed where he said that he is releasing 0.8 of UBD, 1.0 public AZL before he goes. He is also releasing the encrypted versions of the games so that people can mod them as they wish. He is keeping the patreon open so that others can't get the link and scam people and he said that it's unlikely for now but in the future he might come back to finish the projects.
brontanius

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:35 am

brontanius Wrote:Hey it sucks that he is stopping, i was one of his biggest supporters too on patreon and even before he started it when he was just starting out a slight continuation of wootches game. It's not all that bad man, he posted another time which you might have missed where he said that he is releasing 0.8 of UBD, 1.0 public AZL before he goes. He is also releasing the encrypted versions of the games so that people can mod them as they wish. He is keeping the patreon open so that others can't get the link and scam people and he said that it's unlikely for now but in the future he might come back to finish the projects.

I know...it still sucks.

The Idea of him releasing the non-encrypted versions of UD does intrigue me, but I learned very early on when looking at the non-encrypted version of UXL that it's much easier to start things from scratch then to understand how some designers program their games. Though I wouldn't mind studying the animation system of UD, and maybe borrow a couple of assets here and there.

Speaking of progress though.............I got nothing.

I'll admit this has been a hard month for me creatively. The my part time job became really energy draining after the last update, and I've been distracted with my last semester at college and trying to keep everything in order. I've gotten one map done and not much else. (And If i'm to be fair, that one map was one of the pre-made maps anyway.)

I'll try to recollect my creative juices and get something done before the end of September.
cheddaredgrizzly

Postby brontanius » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:57 pm

Its cool man, i'm looking forward to the progression of this project. Would like to see how it turns out overall but don't burn yourself out.
brontanius

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:38 am

Time for Cheddared Grizzley's update! :D

So I live in Georgia, which means we are getting hit by Irma right now, but it's tropical storm wind speeds so we're fine. However Class and work was canceled for me so I've had plenty of time to work on Cursed spawn.

First off, I have a Speak/Progress button. The "A" Button!

In Azkabar, press A and you can talk to Palados.
palados-speak.png
palados-speak.png (214.12 KiB) Viewed 1675 times

In the Real world if you Press A your notebook pops up, which marks progress with Mom and Sarah
notebook.png
notebook.png (208.29 KiB) Viewed 1675 times

mom-book.png
mom-book.png (102.54 KiB) Viewed 1675 times

sarah-book.png
sarah-book.png (83.52 KiB) Viewed 1675 times

As of now, I don't have any dialogue for Palados, but the Notebook is fully functional.

AND NOW FOR SEX 8-)
I have planned out a corruption path for both Mom and sarah, and if my calculations are correct that means the game will have.....carry the two...45+ sex Scenes! :shock:

YIKES! I need a drink! I don't have any of these drawn yet, but just the fact that they are now written on paper makes it official of what I'm going to do in the future.

Hopefully my next post will be with some major art progress.
cheddaredgrizzly

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:45 pm

dinner.png
There is so much detail in this drawing that is hidden away by that stupid table.
dinner.png (188.54 KiB) Viewed 1660 times

This picture took way too much time to draw, but I have it, and It's the new dinner placement. This will be used for relationship building and for parts of the corruption path.

Working on much of the artwork over the next week, hopefully it won't take nearly as much time as this did.
cheddaredgrizzly

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:47 am

bed-Mom1.png
Someone is up to no good.
bed-Mom1.png (112.2 KiB) Viewed 1643 times

As you can see, Monty's mom is very...concerned with her son. Been working on this scene, as well as many additional ones for building corruption. There will have animated scenes here later builds.

So my goal for the next build is to get at least one new area in Azkabar, flesh out the talking systems with some content, and when that's done, I'll publish the build.
Not much, but seeing how I am doing this on my own free time, for no money what so ever, I'd say it's pretty good progress for two months.
cheddaredgrizzly

Re: Cursed Spawn (RPG Maker VX ACE)(Alpha 2 9/25/17)

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:08 am

I decided to Release Alpha 2 today. Why? Because I promised to have something released by the end of this month, so I decided to release it.

Here is the newest list of updates

A Button: Press A to talk to Palados, or to check out Mom and Sister's relation/corruption level.

Quite a few dialogue options for Palados. Including a way to train Monty.

Mission 1: You can find it by pressing the mission button when talking to Palados. There is nothing more past the old lady for now.

New location, the library. You can read up on spell magic and learn new spells.

First few scenes with mom. Here's the order for that
1. go to the bathroom in morning
2. Go to bed
3.Talk to mom in afternoon.
3.5. Give Kayly her Screwdriver.
4. Go to dinner, talk to mom.

Nothing past that point

A Time Limit: Yes you have a certain amount of days now to finish the game! Just to add a bit more challenge to the game.

As always, if you notice any bugs, let me know, and I'll try to fix them asap.

https://mega.nz/#!NPoQRKjI!q7QCZax04wsa ... y9aj-pQFmI

Last edited by cheddaredgrizzly on Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
cheddaredgrizzly

Postby brontanius » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:40 am

Wow, the first day i choose to come back to this site as i have been busy, there is an update for 4 games i am playing(yours included). That timing. I mean, i am about a month missed it so what I find may have already been discovered/fixed but eh. Gonna give this update a try out tomorrow and over the next week or so as i have booked my holidays over this break so i can spend time to myself hah. Ill see if i can compile a bug list for you as i find them. Will do it in a word document and attach it.

Edit 1: Please find attached initial run though. Just finished the introduction and tried your little guide on the initial scenes. Found 36 text errors and 1 bug. Bug is that step 4 of your 4 step guide doesn't work. 1 triggers the night scene when you go to bed at 2, 3 triggers the hug where she feels it but 4 doesn't work, talking to mom before dinner and during dinner scene does nothing. EDIT 1.5: Found 2nd bug, When talking to mom when she is in the kitchen(where you get hug scene), clicking talk normally keeps her full art on screen instead of disappearing like it should. Also when you do implement talking to her at this time normally, include option to hug her again and thus replaying the scene.

Also I like the idea of a time element to the game( limited time to finish it ) but try to experiment with it a bit then decide fully whether to keep it or not. Hard to balance it out if the game is time based. Too short and players will feel stressed to get everything done, Too long and players get bored after doing everything. Also a bad part is that you have attempted to put it in too early, main story isn't finished yet and thus if the time system is annoying to adjust(not sure), it will conflict with how much you want to put in the game.

Also also, will need to balance out the acquisition of h-scenes a bit, right now mom feels more like a slut than a mom. I see you took inspirations from AZL here and that is cool but as it is now, 1 moment of her seeing you the bathroom and she, without any form of coercing, comes into your room, moves the blanket away and is already nearly pouncing on the kid. Maybe make it so point 1(bathroom) triggers her walking by to see him erect at night 1, she gets surprised and runs off. Point 2(make it bathroom again or maybe you make it so she walks in on you taking a bath or changing or something) where she sees him erect again, triggering night 2 where she comes in and sees if its real or not. Point 3(kitchen) hug scene. Then point 4,5,6 etc.
Actually suggestion for balancing it a bit, take my point 1, bathroom to her seeing him erect at night and running off, then your point 3, she hugs you, hug scene, she feels it, leads to current night 1 where she walks in and looks at sons erection. Then progress to 4,5,6 etc.
Attachments
CS Issues.docx
(14.03 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
brontanius

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:55 am

Thanks for the list, I will address all of these grammar in the next update.
BTW, #4 for mom should work, but I forgot to mention that there is a prerequisite to be able to access it. Not only do you need to finish #3, but you need to have also finished the Kayly sidequest before #4 will trigger. Let me know if you have problems with that.

I personally think I'm going to keep the time element in the game and here is why. I think that it is actually more forgiving than other timed mechanics. In Azkabar, the only way for time to advance is when you decide to go to the next day in the real world. Nothing else, not even death, advances time. So theoretically speaking, you could be able to finish the game on day 2 if your motivated enough. Now system wise...it doesn't really conflict with anything. Nothing is unlocked by X days, only by your physical progress made, so if you run out of days, the game just ends. I don't see how that will conflict, but I will definitely keep that in mind.

Funny you talked about the H scenes, because I was just thinking this the other day. I'll rewrite some of the scenes to flow more naturally.

Thanks again.
cheddaredgrizzly

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects