[Ren'Py] SuperPowered

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

[Ren'Py] SuperPowered

Postby MMazeStalker » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:45 pm

SuperPowered

It is a game made with with Ren'Py and the creator (Baal7734) renders everything in it, from characters to backgrounds and little clicky icons. The protagonist is called Billy, is 18 (going on 19) and just acquired his first super power : Enhanced Senses. Pretty lame, right? Well, to be fair, it's the only one his mom could afford. Yes, afford. In this world, you can just walk up to a Globex clinic and buy yourself a power. One hitch : not everyone's body can cope with it and before you can buy a power, you have to submit to a medical test to make sure you can take it. Most people can only deal with one or two of these but to his (and the nurse's) surprise, Billy does not seem to have a limit to the number of powers he could get. I'll be honest with you folks, that's probably because he's the protagonist. Still, that means on top of the Enhanced Senses, Billy will be able to acquire Super Strength, Flight, Mind-Controland many more.

Throughout the game, Billy will be facing many threats. Remember, people can buy powers, that mean a lot of people could potentially become super villains. Those threats could present as your run-of-the-mill mugger, bank robber, speedster thief or some much darker things. Who knows, Billy might even become a threat to himself. Did I mention with every injection (that's how you get powers) comes a flaw? No? Oh, then I should probably say that his Enhanced Senses injection made him super horny and not quite as inhibited as he used to be. That mean if he uses it to look through peoples clothes too much, he's likely to just rub one out at the mall or at school.

Screenshots

Image Image Image Image Image

Features

Fully 3D
Up to 12 different super powers with 3 different levels each (5 are currently in)
A complete stats system for both PC and NPCs
Quests! (to come)
An alignment system
An influence system
An elaborate combat system (to come)
Many, many hot NPCs (5 in Patreon release, 5 in the public release, rest to come)
A lot of different locations to visit (5 currently in)

Kinks and Fetishes

Mind-control
Incest
Public sex
Corruption
Fem-dom (to come)
Orgies (to come)
Anililagnia
Ephebophilia (only the legal kind, to come)
and so many more

Dev History

I don't know if this is really worth a section of it's own but I think it should be mentioned. I just don't know where. The Ren'py version is actually the second version of the game. The creator used to make on RAGS but dues to the limitations of the platform and the scale of the game, he had to find something else to build it on, hence Ren'py. The RAGS version was much further into development, which is why I know so much about what's to come. Well, that and the fact that when you look at what's already in it, you get a pretty good idea.

Current State of the Game (Public version)

The game is still in it's early development phase but there is already quite a few scenes in it and you can get a very good taste of what's to come. There are currently four NPCs in it (Maggie, Billy's mom, Kelly the Queen Bee, Samantha the Dancer, Allie, the nerd and Principal Larson the school's, you know, principal) but more will be added as the game grows. Enhanced Senses is fully implemented, so are the Mind Control, Super Empathy, Psychosism and Flight powers. There are 4 locations to be visited (the school to raise your stats, Katie Sackoff's coffee, Globex, to upgrade your powers and the Logistics Division for new jobs. That last one is only available after Principal Larson talks to you about it once your Grade reaches 80) The vanilla relationship system is fully implemented.

Current Changelog (Public Version 0.11.01)

What's new?

Allie: Allie is a Nerdy type that you can encounter in the hallways, and sometimes in chemistry class.

Mechanic: Youth - Much like Mrs. Larrson being too old, Allie appears too young. Not that she is, she just looks young, and Billy isn't really into that....Unless you have Ephebophilia.

Bonus Content: More Sophie Drunk branches - As voted on Sophie finally won some additional content. There are some more options available to you now, regarding her.

Links

The game will work on a delayed release model. Patreons will have access to the current build and there will be a public build available for anyone to grab that is one release (and bug-free) behind the patreon release. Before the build hits alpha, they are both one and the same.

Current Release (0.12.10)
https://mega.nz/#F!ggJhTJ6K!Vma9KczPns4kYVgk90jQNA
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w16m1kd3udq216a/AADE2aQhUg7A_HslTZr6MKAPa?dl=0

Wiki
http://night-city-productions.wikia.com/wiki/SuperPowered_Main_Page

Original thread on the Hypnopics Collective (where Baal7734 goes often, if you'd rather speak directly to him)
http://www.hypnopics-collective.net/smf_forum/index.php?topic=21631.0

Contacts

You can send your questions and comments my way and I will either answer them or pass them along to Baal7734. You can also contact him directly through his Patreon page or on the Hypnopics Collective forums.
Last edited by MMazeStalker on Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 9 times in total.
MMazeStalker

Re: [Ren'Py] SuperPowered

Postby hoboy » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:45 pm

Was originally a RAGS game (as are most that were on Hypnotics Collective) but many there are realizing some of the limitations in that engine and are moving their games to Renp'y and RPG Maker versions. I think Renp'y suits this much better - worth a look, people...
hoboy

Postby Darthjake » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:59 pm

I could never get Rags to install, kept getting 2502 and 2503 errors, and even the online fixes did not help.

This looks intriguing, and from what I've seen of the game so far it seems neat. Need some more info on how to get dirty with Mom though, is it only through superpowers?

Seems love caps early on but if you do anything remotely sexual she drops her love score faster then a cheerleader dropping her panties.

Kelly takes some time and you gotta burn favors but then you can get good stuff from her, can't wait to see more.
Darthjake

Postby MMazeStalker » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:25 am

Darthjake Wrote:I could never get Rags to install, kept getting 2502 and 2503 errors, and even the online fixes did not help.

This looks intriguing, and from what I've seen of the game so far it seems neat. Need some more info on how to get dirty with Mom though, is it only through superpowers?

Maggie being Billy's mother, she refuses all kinds of sxual content with him unless he uses his powers to remove this barrier. It can be achieved in 4 ways :
1- Mind Control Power : Mindcraft - Suppression - Familial Ties but it raises her WP everyday
2- Mind Control Power : Direct commands. For now using them directly won't have negative consequences but a bit further in the development of the game, a suspicion mechanic will be added. I recommend taking the habit of using Brainwipe right away when using the direct commands
3- Unstable State : Obsessed. Check the Wiki
4- unstable State : Nymphomaniac. Check the Wiki

Seems love caps early on but if you do anything remotely sexual she drops her love score faster then a cheerleader dropping her panties.
Yes, until she has had her familial inhibition towards sex removed, her love score will automatically drop to 20 after any action adding love to her. This is only true for Maggie for now, Kelly is not affected by this

Kelly takes some time and you gotta burn favors but then you can get good stuff from her, can't wait to see more.
Next character will be Samantha. You can see some previews of her on the Patreon page
MMazeStalker

Postby GryInu » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:25 am

Wow, I remember playing the RAGS version of this game at hypnopics, I didn't know it had gone to ren'py, I'm going to check it out.
GryInu

Postby MMazeStalker » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:43 pm

There will be a live stream this friday (23rd) of the design and/or clothing of new characters.

1pm - 6pm CST: Allie + Character Design of Chelsea
8pm - 1am CST: Chelsea clothing + Dr. Ivy + Bonus character (if time permits)

You can join us here : https://www.twitch.tv/baal7734
MMazeStalker

Postby keradi01 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:36 am

Okay, I'm confused. You mentioned that two characters are finished, Maggie and Kelly. However, my game says that Kelly is not finished yet.

Also, while the link for the current release and the zip folder for it say that it is Alpha v0.0734-all, the files in the game only refer to Alphav0.0732. Is this intentional or has there been a mix up with the download that has caused my issue with Kelly?

Or is it just that the public build doesn't have her yet?

I do enjoy much of what I am seeing of the game so far, but it is hard to test the game if I don't know if I have the right version or if I don't know what content is supposed to be in it.
keradi01

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:14 am

keradi01 Wrote:Okay, I'm confused. You mentioned that two characters are finished, Maggie and Kelly. However, my game says that Kelly is not finished yet.

Also, while the link for the current release and the zip folder for it say that it is Alpha v0.0734-all, the files in the game only refer to Alphav0.0732. Is this intentional or has there been a mix up with the download that has caused my issue with Kelly?

I do enjoy much of what I am seeing of the game so far, but it is hard to test the game if I don't know if I have the right version or if I don't know what content is supposed to be in it.

From what I can tell looking at his Patreon, that was a mistake on his part. Although Kelly does have two artworks for your relationship with her, you can only interact with Kelly in Alphav0.08 and above, which is still a Patreon exclusive. I figured this out after getting the favor with Kelly to 100 (which took forever) and nothing happening. It took me so long I ended up in the next in game year, which was undefined so I'm officially in Year 2 Month 0.

However This is a well made game, and it was fun playing it, Although I do wonder that in future releases when we can't skip school and we have actual threats in the city, I think Mind control will be more or less ignored. Mind Control as of now is only good for trying to get it on with Billy's mom (and is the only way of finding other girls attractive when using X-ray vision for some reason). It does have potential, but the problem is that it takes a bit before Billy's mom will willingly have sex, and every time you see her with this you lose 8 will, and every time you go to school you loose anywhere between 0-33 will, so in a single school day you can lose anywhere between 16-49 will, and since every power you get reduces the effectiveness of Masturbation, at this point you are going to lose will every day no matter what. Now sure you could just have sex with Billy's mom, but that can take a long time to get all the right stats to be able to do that, so best case scenario you take 2 whole days of doing nothing but masturbation, since seeing your mom reduces roughly half of the will you just gained, or worse case scenario you end up publicly masturbating everywhere, which has no consequence now, but will in the future, and since it doesn't gain will afterwards, you end up masturbating everywhere you travel.
Morals don't apply to me. I'm a Bear made of Cheese.
cheddaredgrizzly

Postby rpgfan650 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:36 am

I'm glad someone like this game. After 2 week pasted in the game it became tedious and boring. The only thing you can do is go to school or the coffee shop. Where are the so called superpowers? It doesn't matter, since I don't like his flaw, I leave this game to people who do.
rpgfan650

Postby MMazeStalker » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:34 am

cheddaredgrizzly Wrote:
keradi01 Wrote:Okay, I'm confused. You mentioned that two characters are finished, Maggie and Kelly. However, my game says that Kelly is not finished yet.

From what I can tell looking at his Patreon, that was a mistake on his part. Although Kelly does have two artworks for your relationship with her, you can only interact with Kelly in Alphav0.08 and above, which is still a Patreon exclusive. I figured this out after getting the favor with Kelly to 100 (which took forever) and nothing happening. It took me so long I ended up in the next in game year, which was undefined so I'm officially in Year 2 Month 0.

However This is a well made game, and it was fun playing it, Although I do wonder that in future releases when we can't skip school and we have actual threats in the city, I think Mind control will be more or less ignored. Mind Control as of now is only good for trying to get it on with Billy's mom (and is the only way of finding other girls attractive when using X-ray vision for some reason). It does have potential, but the problem is that it takes a bit before Billy's mom will willingly have sex, and every time you see her with this you lose 8 will, and every time you go to school you loose anywhere between 0-33 will, so in a single school day you can lose anywhere between 16-49 will, and since every power you get reduces the effectiveness of Masturbation, at this point you are going to lose will every day no matter what. Now sure you could just have sex with Billy's mom, but that can take a long time to get all the right stats to be able to do that, so best case scenario you take 2 whole days of doing nothing but masturbation, since seeing your mom reduces roughly half of the will you just gained, or worse case scenario you end up publicly masturbating everywhere, which has no consequence now, but will in the future, and since it doesn't gain will afterwards, you end up masturbating everywhere you travel.

You are correct. I got the versions mixed up. The public version available is .0734 and in is improperly tagged 0732, that is correct. My mistake was talking about Kelly. Thanks for pointing it out, I'll correct my post

rpgfan650 Wrote:I'm glad someone like this game. After 2 week pasted in the game it became tedious and boring. The only thing you can do is go to school or the coffee shop. Where are the so called superpowers? It doesn't matter, since I don't like his flaw, I leave this game to people who do.

They can be bought at Globex during Day and Afternoon time slots on weekdays (so a little over 50% of the time you can leave the house). You can do more than just go to school and get coffee as is noted here, on the Patreon page, on every other forum where the game is posted and in the wiki

Mistakes happen, anyone can make them (see the 1st part of this post). Using words like "so-called", though, give a passive-aggressive tone to the message and is not appreciated, especially when a slight alteration to your boring and tedious routine or a quick glance at the guide that was made might have prevented it.
MMazeStalker

Postby rpgfan650 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:00 am

Hopefully my last comment in this thread.

The developers could have let the player choose their superpower at character creation. At the very least have the map list Globex when it not even accessible. The player has to use a guide or wiki for the deficiencies in the game. Is this game going to be user friendly? Not if it requires being lucky.
Last edited by rpgfan650 on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
rpgfan650

Postby MMazeStalker » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:53 am

It isn't a matter of luck, Globex is -always- available from monday to friday in the 2nd and 3rd time slots of each day. Exploration is a big part of many (if not most) games that don't follow a railroad model. A tutorial is also in the game starting with version 8.something and addresses this.

I just realized, did you understand the city radius concept? By that I mean on the map, you can choose between Walking and the Bus. The bus has a bigger radius than walking, does not reduce health but costs 2$. You can also trade favor for a ride with the button at the top. This option also has a larger radius. As the game grows, the Flight power will also allow you to travel quickly at the expense of Energy.

As for choosing the power, I see what you mean and I get it. For storyline reasons though, this won't change. On the upside, you start with enough money to buy a second power immediately (and this time, you are not restricted.

just as a reminder : This game is still in very early dev. It doesn't yet have all that the RAGS version had but it's coming along quite fast. Rendering is what is slowing down the process the most but as soon as NVidia releases their driver for IRay, that part will be much, much faster so more updates.
MMazeStalker

Postby rpgfan650 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:24 am

I don't plan on playing this game. But I do recommend a location map on that travel map. I did use the other travel options at the wrong time since Globex did not appear on it. So it was bad luck, not exploration, that caused our comments.
rpgfan650

Postby daelk » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:18 pm

Long Time Lurker. I've been a fan of a lot of the flash games, Simbro and Elana mostly.

I had to log in and say I'm enjoying this game and look forward to the future growth.
daelk
Newly Registered

Postby Darthjake » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:21 pm

rpgfan650 Wrote:I don't plan on playing this game. But I do recommend a location map on that travel map. I did use the other travel options at the wrong time since Globex did not appear on it. So it was bad luck, not exploration, that caused our comments.

The location is there, I missed it for a while too, you just have to go home early, (only do one class), from school, or stay home 1 day and only do 1 event at home.

Then you click on the bus travel and viola, the globex location pops up on the map. I will say that I had to look it up on the wiki to realize that, but that's what wikis are for. For me it seemed logical that when you go to class you stay there the entire day, but for now at least there is no consequence for skipping 1 session or skipping the whole day, so maybe I should have realized it sooner, but this is a fun game, and it looks promising.
Darthjake

Postby MMazeStalker » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:59 pm

Darthjake Wrote:
rpgfan650 Wrote:I don't plan on playing this game. But I do recommend a location map on that travel map. I did use the other travel options at the wrong time since Globex did not appear on it. So it was bad luck, not exploration, that caused our comments.

The location is there, I missed it for a while too, you just have to go home early, (only do one class), from school, or stay home 1 day and only do 1 event at home.

Then you click on the bus travel and viola, the globex location pops up on the map. I will say that I had to look it up on the wiki to realize that, but that's what wikis are for. For me it seemed logical that when you go to class you stay there the entire day, but for now at least there is no consequence for skipping 1 session or skipping the whole day, so maybe I should have realized it sooner, but this is a fun game, and it looks promising.

There are 4 time slots in a day : Morning, Day, Afternoon and Night. At night, Billy's pretty much locked at home (for now, future events coming) so there are effectively 3 time slots. The school is open in the Morning and Day while Globex is open during the Day and Afternoon so you can go to school all day and then go to Globex or go to school in the morning and then go to Globex twice. Odds are you'll never do (if you're anything like me, you just run there as soon as you have the money) but still, it's possible.

Thank you for your encouragement, gentlemen. I will pass it along
MMazeStalker

Postby Darthjake » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:53 pm

Not sure if you will ever consider implementing this or not, but the nights when Mom is drunk or has her drunk friend over could there be a sexy time then that might allow love to go higher then the (Family Member) max, so you don't have to use mind control on mom or eventually the sister?

Thanks!
Darthjake

Postby rpgfan650 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:28 pm

Darthjake Wrote: I will say that I had to look it up on the wiki to realize that, but that's what wikis are for.

For me wikis are a double edge sword. I know of a wiki that keeps it's information current with the patron releases. However, their public release are two builds earlier. Have fun with that wiki that lacks version history and build information.

I did check out this wiki. The polymorphic power, with no information, seems interesting. However, I am still concerned over the flaws. Will there be a way to offset the negative effects? or are the players stuck like superman with kryptonite.
rpgfan650

Postby Darthjake » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:11 am

rpgfan650 Wrote:
Darthjake Wrote: I will say that I had to look it up on the wiki to realize that, but that's what wikis are for.

For me wikis are a double edge sword. I know of a wiki that keeps it's information current with the patron releases. However, their public release are two builds earlier. Have fun with that wiki that lacks version history and build information.

I did check out this wiki. The polymorphic power, with no information, seems interesting. However, I am still concerned over the flaws. Will there be a way to offset the negative effects? or are the players stuck like superman with kryptonite.

Wiki's work much in the same way as computers, garbage in, garbage out. You are correct that if the build is not updated or if incorrect information is given it's useless. So far I have not seen that this is the case, but it appears to be ran by people subscribing to Patreon, so their info should be a bit newer then what we need.

I'd like to see that if you have sex you get more willpower back then just pulling your pud, basically he's a horny teenage boy living out the fantasy of being able to see through clothes, no wonder he's horny all the time. I expect as the game continues, the dev will continue to balance it out to just the right amount of difficulty, I don't think I'm being too optimistic here, I've heard mainly good stuff about the old RAGS game, and the content looks like quality work.
Darthjake

Postby MMazeStalker » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:56 am

Darthjake Wrote:Not sure if you will ever consider implementing this or not, but the nights when Mom is drunk or has her drunk friend over could there be a sexy time then that might allow love to go higher then the (Family Member) max, so you don't have to use mind control on mom or eventually the sister?

Thanks!

There is sort-of an event like that already in the Patreon version (soon-to-be public) where is Maggie is obssessed, she can take your pants in front of Sophie and if Sophie's Inhibition is low enough, they will start to blow Billy.
There is also a possibility to abuse your unconscious mother after she passes out on her bed and/or Sophie on the couch. There are low alignment requirements for those but they also lower alignment so the more you do it, the more you can do.

None of those raise love though but Baal did mention that there will be alternate versions for a high (good) alignment so it's quite possible.

rpgfan650 Wrote:

Concerning the wiki : Yes, I am aware and I'll have to address the problem. Like so many things though, it requires time and out of the 4 mandates I have received from Baal, the wiki is the lowest one. On the bright side though, anyone can sign in and contribute if they wish to.
Concerning the flaws : Yes, absolutely. Initiative training will do just that. It cuts the amount of willpower loss each time one is triggered. The higher the training, the better the mitigation. It is also amongst the very next things that will be in the Patreon version so you'll have more details soon and a bit later, you'll be able to use it in the public version.

Darthjake Wrote:
rpgfan650 Wrote:

Wiki's work much in the same way as computers, garbage in, garbage out. You are correct that if the build is not updated or if incorrect information is given it's useless. So far I have not seen that this is the case, but it appears to be ran by people subscribing to Patreon, so their info should be a bit newer then what we need.

I'd like to see that if you have sex you get more willpower back then just pulling your pud, basically he's a horny teenage boy living out the fantasy of being able to see through clothes, no wonder he's horny all the time. I expect as the game continues, the dev will continue to balance it out to just the right amount of difficulty, I don't think I'm being too optimistic here, I've heard mainly good stuff about the old RAGS game, and the content looks like quality work.

Because he has already made a big part of the game before, Baal already has a good idea of how to balance the game. The way he works is by setting every thing with the appropriate balance the first time it makes it in the game . This helps a lot with the "if the build is not updated or if incorrect information is given it's useless" part. Either it's in the game not but the numbers will be true for all versions.

For the second well... it's already balanced, sort of... As I mentioned, the proper numbers are used right away but not all features are in yet so some aspects of this balance are just completely missing, which (rightly so) makes it seem unbalanced. For instance, when Inhibition/corruption first made it in the game, The only way to influence them was by having sex the NPC but that means of changing it caps at 50 so it just wasn't possible to go higher or lower, depending on which of the two we are talking about and they took a while to get there. Then Mind Control appeared and so did the Mindcraft options Suppression Restraint and Suppression Modesty so it was possible to max one of the 2 out and was much faster as well as the Change Outfit option to influence Inhibition. Now, the Sympathic Link is in so inhibition can go down with simple chats (the ones raising favor) and is much, much easier. There is also Psychosism unlocking a power which raises corruption and lowers Anger. As a result, it is much easier and faster to go from 0 to 100 and 100 to 0. Those 2 stats are now (mostly) properly balanced because almost everything influencing them is in. The same is true for everything else. I'm not saying that minor tweaks will never happen, a perfect game balance is always hard to get but you can trust that if is something seems way too high or low, it's probably because another feature will be added to influence that. This is particularly true for money.
MMazeStalker

Next

Return to Non-Flash Projects