Project: LYA - Sample 01

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Project: LYA - Sample 01

Postby Sexy Raccoon » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:05 pm

Project: LYA makes us live the story of Lya, a sweet and shy girl, who lost her parents and seeks to rebuild her life ... Accepts a strange job application as an assistant in an apartment in a distant city where she meets Eva, a whore who hides a great secret and take advantage of hiring Lya to make her part of her great sexual project.

It will be a 2D game, of the click and point type, with some puzzles, and as the main experience of the game is to use a lot of costumes to enjoy the sexual scenes with greater pleasure, and it is also intended to take good care of the history of the game to wrap to the player in the mysteries that this will bring.

I would like to know what your first impression is with this sample of the character and some scenes ... I hope to bring a sample of the gameplay soon to see the acceptance of the game. ;)
Attachments
Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

PL Samples 01.swf [ 2.76 MiB | Viewed 3228 times ]

Sexy Raccoon

Re: Project: LYA - Sample 01

Postby Hugh mann » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:45 am

Well, I can tell you the animations are too stiff and robotic, but I'm not qualified to give you advice on how to improve it beyond "make the boobies jiggle" ...However, I can suggest you ask Corta and/or GoRepeat for advice. They are the best flash animators on here.

Also, the animations get really pixelated as soon as stuff starts moving.
Hugh mann

Postby Sexy Raccoon » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:08 pm

Hugh mann Wrote:Well, I can tell you the animations are too stiff and robotic, but I'm not qualified to give you advice on how to improve it beyond "make the boobies jiggle" ...However, I can suggest you ask Corta and/or GoRepeat for advice. They are the best flash animators on here.

Also, the animations get really pixelated as soon as stuff starts moving.

Oh perfect, I'll talk to them to see what they can suggest ... :o
And I understand, yes, indeed those animations look pixelated because I did not make them directly in Flash, but in After Effects, I converted it into mp4 video and I put it in the flash project) clearly it was my first big mistake hahaha all just to get out fast of the step and give a sample, however you are right and in fact I am looking for tips or tips to animate quickly and efficiently within Flash .. I will continue to make the queries in their respective topics ;)
Sexy Raccoon

Re:

Postby corta » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:21 pm

hiyah ~ welcome aboard
I'm gonna try and answer all the questions you had from like.. 4 different places, sooo hopefully this isnt a total mess.. #edit: well I tried, okay?!

you asked about programs, so I guess that's a good place to start.
flash isnt great at skeletons, and I'd never imagine picking the bone tool for anything useful..
things just sorta float here, and that's kinda what I like about it. total control opens the door for stylized exaggerations and whacky deformations
..but yeah, that's totally not for everyone.

if you've got your heart set on learning something new, there's proably another 2d program out there that fits you.
maybe spine or starling or even unity's 2d? ..I dunno. I've looked into a few of them but I havent really gotten hands-on.

honestly though, if you can make it work, I'd say to stick with what you're already comfortable with.
art and animation sure dont look like an issue for you.
blurry video just needs better rendering (codecs? ..bitrates?? whatever.)
and splitting those long sequences into intro/loop/outro would probably cover all the controls you'll ever need :)

as for working on animations..
it's actually pretty simple. you know how to make loops .. and that's kinda it really.
the rest is small bits of flavour and the 'lifelike' effect.
what's the lifelike effect? well.. hold your hand out and look at it. even when you're holding still, you're always moving juuuuust a little.
try not to go overboard with jittering, but just keep in mind how the body actually works. >> big one for starters - people are usually breathing. <<
just make your own list and fill the scene with (sensible) motion. and when in doubt, dont be afraid to get outta your chair and give it a try yourself :P

and lastly, for the project here..
the art style and costumes, are simply adorable <3 ..but something snapped me outta that almost immedately.. CLICKK. CLICKK
that sound is SO LOUD. the rest of the effects were fine (voices could be tuned down a teensie bit too though)
but yeah, when audio leveling is the only thing I can point at, then that's a pretty good sign you've done a good job. naisu! :D

oh, I took a peek at your patreon page too, and I should probably mention how they get about any sorta nudity..
you should probably try cropping the nipples off your banner and uhmm... owh, gee.. they're not gonna be happy about that gif down there..
censor bars and blurs dont always work, so maybe go for something a little more suggestive instead? (like a waist-up scene 2 might be alright)
it's hard enough over there when we're hidden away, but it can take weeks before you even talk to anyone after you get flagged. sooo just a heads up~
Active Thread: [ Flash Edits ][27th July/19]
Looking to donate? I've got pages for Patreon, SubscribeStar and Paypal.me!
corta

Postby Dongman » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:32 am

Not a huge fan of the furry stuff, but it's not the end of the world. I'm interested in seeing where this goes.
Dongman

Return to Flash Projects