Tentacles Thrive v4

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Always a Good Business Deal + Tentacles Thrive

Postby Nobudi » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:04 am

*Excited Shrieking Noises*
Nobudi

Postby Nonoplayer » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:25 am

Public release of Battle Prototype is here!

You can play it from my favorite platform: https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/701922

In general, effects that require harsher conditions to unlock are more powerful. There will be exceptions of course. The species are hardcoded now for the prototype, but later on players should be able to customize their own fleet. Please note the stats and abilities of the monsters are not final and maybe subject to adjustment.

Please feel free to share your thoughts~

Nonoplayer

Postby RunningAroundInCircles » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:03 pm

It looks nice and all, but the instructions aren't really that instructing.
People who understand enough english to read them usually know what a background is. What they don't know is what it does in the game.
Instead of just naming the parts of the tiles you might want to consider telling their funktion in the next release.
I NEVER run against walls.
RunningAroundInCircles

Postby Nonoplayer » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:59 am

RunningAroundInCircles Wrote:It looks nice and all, but the instructions aren't really that instructing.
People who understand enough english to read them usually know what a background is. What they don't know is what it does in the game.
Instead of just naming the parts of the tiles you might want to consider telling their funktion in the next release.

Thank you for playing my man~ I hear you, but I thnk you are too kind about the gameplay... I feel the countering system takes away a lot of dynamics, because we now only have to focus on countering. Would love to come up with something that have people consider two sides of spectrum, like offense/defense, win/lose battle, early/late game etc.

Would love to hear more suggestions~
Nonoplayer

Postby Nobudi » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:21 am

Personally, I think you can get away with lowering the number of lanes for combat. Maybe some sort of energy/ resource that charges over time? Spend a lot that bar to fill your screen with lots of smaller ones or save up for a big bad one that will knock out an entire lane or something?
Nobudi

Postby noizyknight » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:45 pm

Showing remaining hp would be nice
noizyknight

Postby Nonoplayer » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:17 pm

Nobudi Wrote:Personally, I think you can get away with lowering the number of lanes for combat. Maybe some sort of energy/ resource that charges over time? Spend a lot that bar to fill your screen with lots of smaller ones or save up for a big bad one that will knock out an entire lane or something?

Yea, like maybe killing an enemy will earn you a star, which can be freely used to level up monsters during the battle. Effect is a mechanism similar to knocking out entire lane. It requires kills to unlock, and the more powerful the harder to unlock in general. So there is risk/reward element. But not only the spawning of it is somewhat randomed due to puzzle, getting kills for the precise unit is also difficult. I am thinking of rid of the puzzle, but then we need a new mechanism to control the players spawning only the most powerful monsters.
Nonoplayer

Postby Nonoplayer » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:49 pm

noizyknight Wrote:Showing remaining hp would be nice

I think that can be done :)
Nonoplayer

Postby Jarlhen » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:11 pm

This looks great. Does the Patreon version have the hot animations, or is it all just combat for now?
Jarlhen
Newly Registered

Postby Nonoplayer » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:58 am

Jarlhen Wrote:This looks great. Does the Patreon version have the hot animations, or is it all just combat for now?

Just battle for now. The alpha prototype is still being made. Working hard to make the other high-level gameplay so we can implement H-content in the coming up version. Aiming to release it early Dec to Patrons, then to public in a month.
Nonoplayer

Postby noizyknight » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:33 am

I've tried the battle tester and it's isn't intuitive and the combinations aren't easy to memorize. However, considering the fact that we probably won't get all monsters at once I'd say it's decent. Assuming you have like 10 levels or something I'd say it's fine for a learning curve if you start with like 3 or less monsters at the start using a tutorial and adding one after conquering a level.

I can't tell what killing monsters does besides adding a score to a counter on the victories monster. The monsters tab didn't show how to spawn the 3 monsters on the right which I think are the most powerful
noizyknight

Postby Nonoplayer » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:25 pm

Thank you for playing~ Those three are the enemies. Can't spawn them yet until we have the slave system in the alpha.

I hear you on the puzzle. I have been planning to rid of it. The learning curve is too much for the kind of game we are trying to build. However, I would still like to keep the effects system. The kills are for unlocking the effects. Each monster has its own kill requirement to unlock its effect on the battle.
Nonoplayer

Postby Nonoplayer » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:31 am

Public Alpha Prototype v1.0
Long time no update on here~ Attaching the link to the Alpha Prototype v1.0. https://www.patreon.com/posts/public-alpha-v1-15816024
Please be aware that this is a very short prototype, things end after you click the peak. As most of the design of higher level gameplay and intro are only completed at the end of last month, many assets created afterward are not implemented. I won't be uploading this version to newgrounds, as there isn't enough to show for.

However, I can list the features that are being worked on:

Explore - Discover new species or items as Lilith within acquired territories
Diary - Display status of possessions and ending progress
Hunting - Get food resources
Queen's Nest - Allow for random Tentacles species to mate with Lilith until pregnant
Bonding - Level up a specific Tentacle monster by various activities like play, copulation etc. Result can affect ending
Royal Army - Manage the invasion squad
Costume - Can be sold for gold (incomplete concept)
Tentacles Encyclopedia - Check discovered species lore
Trade - Exchange resources with Humana Kingdom
Tribute - Exchange peace agreement with enemies
Message - Speed up story to acquire things
Scouting - Assign a monster to discover intel on acquired or enemies' territories
Defend - Assign monsters or offer to Humana Kingdom to defend enemy from taking back acquired territories
Capture Slaves - Assign monsters to capture slaves in acquired territories
Invade - Expand territory!

Each monster also have non-battle attributes that can be leveled up through using them on battle or bonding with Lilith. These attributes are different on each monster, even if they are of same species. Much like Pokemon Go~

Senses
Intelligence
Traveling
Endurance
Cooperativeness
Appearance
Camouflage
Special

All the above features are targeted to be implemented into Alpha, with those related to H-content as priority, along with an intro stage where the features are introduced in a more linear manner.

For more updates on progress, please feel free to read the Patreon post~
Nonoplayer

Postby dssjag » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:07 am

so im trying to play the game. call me a noob or whatever. how do i get this game to actually work on my pc. its a great computer so no issue there...think i just need some software to play/read the file properly. any specific one i need?
dssjag
Newly Registered

Postby Firefall » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:08 am

That dialogue in the beginning is a bit misleading. I saw her say something about going to the woods, so I kept trying to find a forested place to click, then remembered the guard said something about tracks by the river and tried looking along that... I only ended up looking at the mountain because I remembered you mentioning it here. I dunno, maybe it's just me, but it really didn't seem obvious that's where you were supposed to go.
Firefall

Postby Nonoplayer » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:41 pm

dssjag Wrote:so im trying to play the game. call me a noob or whatever. how do i get this game to actually work on my pc. its a great computer so no issue there...think i just need some software to play/read the file properly. any specific one i need?

Just need Flash Player: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
Let me know if it helps.

Firefall Wrote:That dialogue in the beginning is a bit misleading. I saw her say something about going to the woods, so I kept trying to find a forested place to click, then remembered the guard said something about tracks by the river and tried looking along that... I only ended up looking at the mountain because I remembered you mentioning it here. I dunno, maybe it's just me, but it really didn't seem obvious that's where you were supposed to go.

Oh it does sound more intuitive. I have edited the dialogue. Thank you Firefall.
Nonoplayer

Postby noizyknight » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:38 am

I've given the battle prototype another shot and finally won a match (2nd playing session 1st attempt. Failed 1st session with 10 attempts)

It's overly complex but with some setup it's got potential

I'm going to be a lil harsh as I'm assuming the whole game being like this the whole time without any sort of tutorial or warm up for the player meaning I am rating this not as a beta but as a snapshot of a complete game. I think if you have a smaller battle screen and just paste which cells spawn which monsters in the interface without needing to hover ur mouse over the button it'll be easier.

MAIN CRITICISM
The instructions aren't COMPLETELY clear and what I mean is the cells that spawn instructions in the tab aren't mutually exclusive (i.e what happens if I select and finalize a red cell with 1 nucleus when I only want one of the monsters? does it spawn one, the other or both?)

I finally "won" a battle without losing a life once I got the hang of it but my whole puzzle area was filled with only two colours because I didn't have enough reds to spawn the poison one agains the power enemy so i fought power with power. From memory there's an enemy that ignores range attacks or something and when you have 6 classes then divide by melee/range that's 12 combinations which I feel is WAY overwhelming for a battle prototype but great for end game battles where you have a variety of options to spawn.
noizyknight

Postby Nonoplayer » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:19 pm

noizyknight Wrote:I've given the battle prototype another shot and finally won a match (2nd playing session 1st attempt. Failed 1st session with 10 attempts)

It's overly complex but with some setup it's got potential

I'm going to be a lil harsh as I'm assuming the whole game being like this the whole time without any sort of tutorial or warm up for the player meaning I am rating this not as a beta but as a snapshot of a complete game. I think if you have a smaller battle screen and just paste which cells spawn which monsters in the interface without needing to hover ur mouse over the button it'll be easier.

MAIN CRITICISM
The instructions aren't COMPLETELY clear and what I mean is the cells that spawn instructions in the tab aren't mutually exclusive (i.e what happens if I select and finalize a red cell with 1 nucleus when I only want one of the monsters? does it spawn one, the other or both?)

I finally "won" a battle without losing a life once I got the hang of it but my whole puzzle area was filled with only two colours because I didn't have enough reds to spawn the poison one agains the power enemy so i fought power with power. From memory there's an enemy that ignores range attacks or something and when you have 6 classes then divide by melee/range that's 12 combinations which I feel is WAY overwhelming for a battle prototype but great for end game battles where you have a variety of options to spawn.

Noizyknight that is the most insightful review I had given. Thank you~

I completely agree that the gameplay is way too complicated. I think its inappropriate to have such learning curve for a hentai game. So I think I will have to remove the puzzle part in exchange for a simplier spawning method. However, I still want to keep the monsters' effects in play.
Nonoplayer

Postby Nonoplayer » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:05 pm

Just want to say...

Merry Christmas to you all!

Nonoplayer

Postby Firefall » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:24 am

Aw, poor tentacle monster. Wonder what she's up to there, I suppose there was something about her making clothes from tentacle monster parts, so maybe she's found a dead one and is harvesting it? Hmm. Or maybe it turns out to be not as finished off as she thought lol. On another note, man, I bet walking in the woods with those heels takes some serious skills lol.
Firefall

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects