Simply Mindy (Feb. 26, 2017)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Simply Mindy (Feb. 26, 2017)

Postby Sexums » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:42 am

Screen Shot 2017-02-11 at 4.40.57 AM.png

GAME AVAILABLE AT THE DEVBLOG SINCE IT'S TOO G-DAMNED BIG FOR THIS SITE. Like, physically big. Resolution-wise.

Mar. 11 - v. 0.6.0

- Added two new jobs, the Cosplayer and the Mascot. Both are outfit-related jobs, and Mindy's looks will change a lot for each of 'em. As such neither one has a 'default' set of clothes for cut scenes, and Mindy will look like a plain ol' ho when talking to the two new NPCs. Each job has two animations.

- Added storyline for one of those two NPCs. Hint hint: it's the more ghostly of the two. He gets a sexy animation with Mindy, and so, too, does the game's other ghost NPC (though unfortunately if you got that far before you'll need to start a new game and snag her again, as I forgot to set the flag up last time).

- Added spells. Mindy can cast spells. Yay! You can purchase spells outside the shop in the first dungeon. Each spell has its own little animation, and five of them are available right now.

- Changed up Mindy's sprite in the dungeon so she actually matches her damned combat outfit. Grumble grumble only I care about this grumble. Consistency grumble.

Feb. 26 - v. 0.5.5
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

- New dungeon area, with seven (off the top of my head) new enemies to fight and / or bone. Two of them are bosses. Time in the dungeon is limited, and if you run out of Stamina you get booted immediately. Losing / giving in during a fight reduces health to one point and subtracts one Stamina, except against bosses.

- Can buy items. For now they're just restorative potions.

- Several quests to embark upon to give the dungeon a bit of meat.

- Added a shop NPC. She's also a sexable NPC in a future build, but, alas, not this one. Give it a month. You can also interact with the school NPCs in the dungeon to get quests and general info.

- Added more to the Farmer John storyline, which pertains to a dungeon quest. Something you get in there will make him sexable. Because everybody loves fucking zombies. (Seems to happen a lot in my games, actually. I grew up liking Resident Evil, so sue me.)

Check with me about bugs. I know I fixed a bunch, but because this is 0.5.5 I did a bunch immediately after the build in order to make the Farmer John quest work properly, so I've lost track of which ones I've fixed since then and which ones are still awaiting repair.

i'm baaaaack

Hi, guys! In case you don't recall, I'm Sexums, the dude who created the adult gaming sensation known as Soo Cubus. I thought it was a sensation, anyway. Since 'finishing' Soo Cubus (I have so much polishing left to do on that goddamned game) I've started work on the sequel, Simply Mindy! It's been underway for a while, now, and I'm sure at least a few of you have played it, but I've been wanting to start up a proper LoK thread on Simply Mindy for a while. Your input on Soo Cubus was invaluable as shit.

I cannot, unfortunately, embed the game on LoK like I did Soo Cubus, 'cause the resolution is apparently too big for the board. I tried, I failed. Could only view the upper quarter of the game. If anyone knows how to change that, please let me know. That aside, you can both play and download the game on my devblog, where resolution shouldn't be an issue. I wanted more room to jam info and animations onto the screen, as Soo Cubus was often rather restrictive.

As the name implies, Simply Mindy stars Mindy, one of the bit characters from Soo Cubus. She has... moved on, I guess... and needs to find herself a job. You'll need to guide her to a fresh new destiny, and watch her get fucked by weird things thousands of times in the process. Fun! The game plays similarly to Soo Cubus in that you need to build up your stats and are fighting a time limit, though there's more complexity and strategy involved. Or there will be. Eventually. It's a WIP.

Sooooo yeah. As before, I'll stick release notes up here, though I won't bother this week since it's technically all new to youse guys. Releases are every two weeks, and I'll try my best to post about 'em after updating my Patreon and my devblog. Public releases are now two builds behind patrons, so any bugs you find may / will be fixed by the time you post about 'em. I nevertheless appreciate any notes you may have, and will try to respond to as many comments as I can. Forgive me if I miss anyone - I'm now technically working on three games, since I'm writing for someone else at the moment, so my schedule is pretty hectic.

Ayup. That's all. The latest build has some storyline stuff for you to dabble in, so hopefully it'll keep y'all busy for a while. Enjoy!
Last edited by Sexums on Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sexums

Re: Simply Mindy (Feb. 11, 2017)

Postby Weirdo » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:04 pm

hey there i immediately tried your game and went for just sleeping without doing anything and after a few times you know what happens^^... but yea the game froze on this screen

asdf.png
[spoiler]
and i cant get out of it and i had to restart the game

btw i was playing on your blog
Weirdo

Postby Sexums » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:33 pm

Weirdo Wrote:hey there i immediately tried your game and went for just sleeping without doing anything and after a few times you know what happens^^... but yea the game froze on this screen

asdf.png
[spoiler]
and i cant get out of it and i had to restart the game

btw i was playing on your blog
Ahh, good catch. See, already a good idea I posted on here. You must have clicked on the Fade button. It's designed to fade out a dude who occasionally appears there, but I guess if he ain't there pressing the fade button just freezes the game. I'll go disable that now before I forget. That must've been in there for a while, so I'm surprised no one has caught it before.
Sexums

Postby Weirdo » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:32 pm

Sexums Wrote:Ahh, good catch. See, already a good idea I posted on here. You must have clicked on the Fade button. It's designed to fade out a dude who occasionally appears there, but I guess if he ain't there pressing the fade button just freezes the game. I'll go disable that now before I forget. That must've been in there for a while, so I'm surprised no one has caught it before.

I guess unlike me nobody was interested in the hobos and was busy making cash ^^
Weirdo

Postby Ungawa » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:03 am

Oh shit, you finished the other game and now you got this one???

Well, I'm going to be busy catching up on the story...
Ungawa

Postby Sexums » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:00 am

Weirdo Wrote:I guess unlike me nobody was interested in the hobos and was busy making cash ^^
That'll change once I ramp up the rent difficulty some. It's pretty danged tame right now. Adding in the Mood system will probably result in some more visits to the hobos, as well.

Ungawa Wrote:Oh shit, you finished the other game and now you got this one???

Well, I'm going to be busy catching up on the story...
Wouldn't say I've finished Soo Cubus, but... yeah, all the pertinent story stuff is out of the way, so you can move on to Mindy and not miss anything.
Sexums

Postby Weirdo » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:43 am

Sexums Wrote:That'll change once I ramp up the rent difficulty some. It's pretty danged tame right now. Adding in the Mood system will probably result in some more visits to the hobos, as well.

Yea true , and im looking forward to some more visits to the hobos :twisted:

btw there is this other thing im pretty sure someone already mentioned but just in case :

on the job on the wall the "Squirt" and "Job Done" buttons are vice versa
and if you work then sleep and do this a lot of times fast then the indication of which day it is on top of the overlay just vanishes and you are stuck in one day and cant advance any further (still able to make money and do stuff) but i think thats important for later when people grind money and stats cause you cant advance the story any further if that happens (the same probably happens if you just sleep many times fast to progress in days ,i have not tested this though)
Weirdo

Postby Eucalyptus » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:28 pm

This looks great. Fan of pixels. What do you plan for music/effects? maybe I can give you a hand.
Eucalyptus
Newly Registered

Postby Sexums » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:39 am

Weirdo Wrote:
Sexums Wrote:That'll change once I ramp up the rent difficulty some. It's pretty danged tame right now. Adding in the Mood system will probably result in some more visits to the hobos, as well.

Yea true , and im looking forward to some more visits to the hobos :twisted:

btw there is this other thing im pretty sure someone already mentioned but just in case :

on the job on the wall the "Squirt" and "Job Done" buttons are vice versa
and if you work then sleep and do this a lot of times fast then the indication of which day it is on top of the overlay just vanishes and you are stuck in one day and cant advance any further (still able to make money and do stuff) but i think thats important for later when people grind money and stats cause you cant advance the story any further if that happens (the same probably happens if you just sleep many times fast to progress in days ,i have not tested this though)
The reversal is fixed on the new build. As for the 'end point', yeah, the game is only designed to last 160 days, so once you get that far it just kinda ends. I'm planning on instituting the first ending within the next few weeks, and that will be related to 'Timing Out', as it were.

Eucalyptus Wrote:This looks great. Fan of pixels. What do you plan for music/effects? maybe I can give you a hand.
Still need to do music and completed effects for my last game, honestly, though I've been dabbling already, and for the last couple months I've been working on my own songs. You're one of the first people who has ever commented about including sound effects in one of these games over the last... ten months? Eleven? So it hasn't been a huge priority thus far, when everybody's clamouring for more animations. Thanks for the offer, though.
Sexums

Postby someonenoone11 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:50 am

If you reject the party while you have no money for rent, you still sleep in the apartment.
someonenoone11

Postby Sexums » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:08 pm

New build, y'all. Dungeon. RPG elements. It looks vaguely like FFVI, because I am a nostalgia whore. Only my art isn't as good, because, obviously not. FFVI still looks beautiful.

someonenoone11 Wrote:If you reject the party while you have no money for rent, you still sleep in the apartment.
This was actually supposed to be intended, and I could've sworn I wrote that into the script, but going back I realize now I forgot to add it in. Lil D was supposed to make a smarmy remark about the programmer being lazy. Apparently I'm even lazier than he thought.
Sexums

Re: Simply Mindy (Feb. 26, 2017)

Postby Ungawa » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:33 pm

Okay, that explains why the game stopped... I was just playing until the festival...
Ungawa

Postby Ungawa » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:34 pm

Okay, something's off on the guard description when you get to the Darkly time...

It says

+1 Charisma
+1 strength
-2 Class

But what it doles out is

+2 Strength
-1 Intellect
-1 Spirit

I'll see if others are under the same advertising scam...

Dungeon hates it when you press A outside of a good context command... That just goes to a screen with the trees and freezes up the game.
Ungawa

Postby Sexums » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:40 pm

Ungawa Wrote:Okay, something's off on the guard description when you get to the Darkly time...

It says

+1 Charisma
+1 strength
-2 Class

But what it doles out is

+2 Strength
-1 Intellect
-1 Spirit

I'll see if others are under the same advertising scam...

Dungeon hates it when you press A outside of a good context command... That just goes to a screen with the trees and freezes up the game.
- YES, shit, I saw that work fuckup a while ago and I think I keep forgetting to fix it. Thanks, I'll go change that now. (EDIT: Just checked and it looks like I got it previously. Must've been for 0.6.0.)

- Never seen the A button thing, though. I tap A quite often while test exploring to make sure it's not picking up any weird stuff, and I don't think I've ever seen any patrons complain about it before. Does it happen anywhere, or just in specific areas? Like, say, the statue in the far east? Could be the game is trying to take you into a battle there (spoilers) before you should legally be allowed to fight, so to speak.
Sexums

Postby Ungawa » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:14 am

I got into the forest, talked to the Jizz lady and after that, took two steps to the left and I was frozen on some other screen.

I didn't even know how to fight and was figuring out what was going on when I saw the big A button and said "Ooooh... Purdy..."

Then I lost my religion as my unsaved game (I play incognito so no saves...) was lost... I'm telling ya, if you find it, give it a good home. I know I was abusive but still...
Ungawa

Postby Ungawa » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:46 am

Okay... Got to get fuckability up in 10 days along with cleanliness and charm for the T-shirt contest...

Can't get enough cash and I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I'm going to figure this out, but goddamned if it ain't tuff in 10...
Ungawa

Postby BongoMonkey » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:50 am

These kind of games confused me a little bit. It could just be a lack of understanding about certain types of fetishes or about the demographic that plays these type of games. I am a strait adult male and I assume that is the target demographic around here. So I went into this game, like most, assuming it is aimed at me. Again, I could be completely wrong here.

So, having assumed it is aimed at me, I tried this (and other games that have similar themes) and found a game where you are a girl and basically get dudes to bang you. I stopped shortly after starting, because if there's one thing I am not looking for as a strait male, it's a game where I'm looking to bang dudes. Don't misunderstand me.. I'm not trying to put the game down and I'm not trying to put anybody down. I simply don't get it and I'm curious to gain some understanding.

Is this a game aimed a women? It doesn't really seem as if it would be. Is this something that appeals as a fetish to some men? Pretending to be a woman and having sex with men? It does seem as if that's something of a homosexual fantasy (not that that's a bad thing). Is that who this is aimed at?

If anyone has some insight, I'd like to hear about it. I'm not being facetious. I may just be too vanilla and sheltered to get it.
BongoMonkey
Newly Registered

Postby Ungawa » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:03 am

... Dude, I don't even...

How... *sigh*

You are taking this WAAAAY too seriously. The game is whoever likes a little comedy with their smut. The last game (Soo Cubus) was an open sort of comedy game about a succubus who had to fuck the king by boinking the entire town. Hilarity ensued.

Now, the shopkeeper from that game is dead and more hilarity ensues as she finds jobs while her paperwork for her in hell has to be figured out.

Don't take it so hard. Just take the joke and let off that excess...
Ungawa

Postby napala » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:44 am

BongoMonkey Wrote:These kind of games confused me a little bit. It could just be a lack of understanding about certain types of fetishes or about the demographic that plays these type of games. I am a strait adult male and I assume that is the target demographic around here. So I went into this game, like most, assuming it is aimed at me. Again, I could be completely wrong here.

So, having assumed it is aimed at me, I tried this (and other games that have similar themes) and found a game where you are a girl and basically get dudes to bang you. I stopped shortly after starting, because if there's one thing I am not looking for as a strait male, it's a game where I'm looking to bang dudes. Don't misunderstand me.. I'm not trying to put the game down and I'm not trying to put anybody down. I simply don't get it and I'm curious to gain some understanding.

Is this a game aimed a women? It doesn't really seem as if it would be. Is this something that appeals as a fetish to some men? Pretending to be a woman and having sex with men? It does seem as if that's something of a homosexual fantasy (not that that's a bad thing). Is that who this is aimed at?

If anyone has some insight, I'd like to hear about it. I'm not being facetious. I may just be too vanilla and sheltered to get it.

Alternatively, instead of pretending to "be" the girl, you should "be" you, controlling the girl. You control the girl and lead her to getting banged. And you watch her getting banged.

That way, instead of you getting fucked, it's a a girl getting fucked. And from there, you enjoy the view.
napala

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:06 pm

So, I ran into the problem that if you keep gaining points in the stats intelligence and spirit after they have reached 100, they go back down to 0. It really isn't something I enjoy seeing after having assumed I could stop worrying about my stats once I got them high enough. Please, make sure to fix this issue as I highly doubt this to be a feature.

Edit: I found that one of the other stats, prowess I believe it was called, could go beyond 100. Also, after playing the game for a while, it stopped showing the day/date and got stuck, meaning I could no longer level some of the stats you. I also never even saw a way to increase morality.
Fantasy Fanatic

Next

Return to Flash Projects