Slave Lord (slave management game)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Slave Lord (slave management game)

Postby foundling » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:00 pm

Also, a point that a lot of artists don't get, is that just simplifying or stylizing a subject automatically exaggerates certain features of the character, often a sense of flatness or inorganicness, and in the case of anime and most american toon styles, a sense of neoteny, so if you don't want the character to come across as a flat, plastic, little kid, you need to compensate for that, so being purely realistic is actually not that realistic.

Which is why artists should learn how to draw real people before learning to draw heavily stylized. You have to know the rules before breaking them.

Looking at the art on the blog, it does look like the same model will be used for future slaves instead of diversifying. Disappointing, but not surprising. (Okay, really disappointing as I really wanted elf girls.) I find that the case with a lot of these projects (or big ticket stuff even). It's easier to use the same girl and just change a few details I guess. Is that what pinktea going to do? I hope not, but we'll just have to wait and see. I'm still sticking around, though, just because it should still be a pretty fun game.

(I hope I didn't upset you with my little not-quite-a-debate, AcetheSuperVillain. I'm afraid I'm not good at this thing people call "communication" and I don't know when to keep my trap shut. I found your insight, well, insightful.)
foundling
Newly Registered

Postby Confused » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:04 am

This game is awesome. Please continue :)
Confused
Newly Registered

Postby pinktea » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:32 pm

Thanks. I'm an doing just that!
Lot's of initial support on Patreon is really giving me the energy to work my ass off on this one.
pinktea

Postby techy22 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:13 am

Awesome game, though if I may make a suggestion, perhaps you could add a feel of customization to the Slave Lord and the slave, make it to where you can add tattoos, enlargements of certain parts, ect ect.

Just a thought
techy22
Newly Registered

Postby WonderGamer » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:11 pm

Played all the way through it, have to say I enjoyed it. Would have like to see some random events for some variation, but I did enjoy what is there, just was kind of disappointed when I got to the end of it. Looking forward to an update that further completes it. :D
Last edited by WonderGamer on Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby pinktea » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:40 pm

techy22 Wrote:Awesome game, though if I may make a suggestion, perhaps you could add a feel of customization to the Slave Lord and the slave, make it to where you can add tattoos, enlargements of certain parts, ect ect.

Just a thought

I really would like to add things like that, where you can customize the girls. It's a possibility but makes the game far more complex.
I'll see what I can come up with anyway.
pinktea

Postby pinktea » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:42 pm

WonderGamer Wrote:Played all the way through it, have to say I enjoyed it. Would have like to see some random events for some variation, but I did enjoy what is there, just was kind of disappointed when I go to the end of it. Looking forward to an update that further completes it. :D

Thanks, I'm planning on adding more events to the next one to give the characters chance to interact more and build up a bit more of a story.
Stay tuned.
pinktea

Postby musical74 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:56 pm

Got as far as I could, liked what I saw. I didn't care much for the vibrating stone, mostly because it was *how long do I need to do this...?* but otherwise I liked everything. Be interesting to see how you plan on capturing the Queen... one question I do have is whether this will just be a *sex only game* or will you have *need to train the troops somehow* too. No problems if it's sex-only!

I didn't touch degrade and almost never did questions. Degrade seemed pointless when you can punish her and get mood down that way (or is there another perk?) and after a question about pets, I felt *this seems rather useless...*
musical74

Postby Kumokumo » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:56 am

Hey, chronic lurker here. (forgot my old username so made a new acc. so if my join date seems fresh, thats why.) I'd like to start by saying I've been hanging around this site and post for a couple years now, and I have been this excited for a project since dusty's castle and Sakyubasu no Tatakai (Huge fan of GoRepeat's work in those.) Usually when i see this kind of game genre i say "ehhhh" and maybe give them a "one and done". This one i actually find replayable, mainly because it has some features i enjoy that i don't find in other games. I like the dynamic dialogue between the characters; nothing irritates me more than dialogue that doesn't change with the story. I also like the way you progressed the heroine's mental degradation, it more realistic than other games, were it usually feels rushed and undeserved. Really looking forward to an end product, and I also agree that it might be interesting to have some kind of "village pillaging" feature. There was one in a game i found on DLsite, involved orc's attacking villages and kidnapping women for sex, etc...
However in regards to the collection of other women, there are to great ways to do it in my opinion. First option is you can take them by force, where you just attack the village and take your "trophies". The other (and i think easier and more interesting way) is so send your slave whom you've corrupted, into the villages and try to convince or lure them into following her back to your fortress. Either way i'd love to see how it plays out.

Oh, and also, in regards to the above statement, there is a reason for the degrade option. You just need to make her more obedient before it starts being useful. Plus the dialogue it provides is more stimulating (poor word choice probably, but w/e.) As for the question option, it really isn't hugely useful but it does elicit some more interesting responses later on, otherwise it mostly seems to be for cosmetic or role-playing purposes.
Kumokumo

Postby pinktea » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:13 pm

Kumokumo Wrote:Hey, chronic lurker here. (forgot my old username so made a new acc. so if my join date seems fresh, thats why.) I'd like to start by saying I've been hanging around this site and post for a couple years now, and I have been this excited for a project since dusty's castle and Sakyubasu no Tatakai (Huge fan of GoRepeat's work in those.) Usually when i see this kind of game genre i say "ehhhh" and maybe give them a "one and done". This one i actually find replayable, mainly because it has some features i enjoy that i don't find in other games. I like the dynamic dialogue between the characters; nothing irritates me more than dialogue that doesn't change with the story. I also like the way you progressed the heroine's mental degradation, it more realistic than other games, were it usually feels rushed and undeserved. Really looking forward to an end product, and I also agree that it might be interesting to have some kind of "village pillaging" feature. There was one in a game i found on DLsite, involved orc's attacking villages and kidnapping women for sex, etc...
However in regards to the collection of other women, there are to great ways to do it in my opinion. First option is you can take them by force, where you just attack the village and take your "trophies". The other (and i think easier and more interesting way) is so send your slave whom you've corrupted, into the villages and try to convince or lure them into following her back to your fortress. Either way i'd love to see how it plays out.

Oh, and also, in regards to the above statement, there is a reason for the degrade option. You just need to make her more obedient before it starts being useful. Plus the dialogue it provides is more stimulating (poor word choice probably, but w/e.) As for the question option, it really isn't hugely useful but it does elicit some more interesting responses later on, otherwise it mostly seems to be for cosmetic or role-playing purposes.

Glad you liked it. The game seems to be attracting quite a bit of attention so I'm going full steam ahead and working like crazy to get the next update done. I'm planning on adding a whole new area on the next update (an elf city) and if I'm able to a kind of army/battle function on the main map so you can 'attack' towns and 'capture' slaves to sell or barter with.

Yeah, like the previous persons said, the dialogue options in the current version don't really have much of a purpose aside from just making her character a bit more realistic. I stuck those compliment, degrade, and talk options in on a whim and just kept them cos I thought they add a little bit dimension to the game.
pinktea

Postby TransAtlanticPhoneSex » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:33 pm

Quick question, if your slaves breakdown do you lose? Or does, like, something else happen. I'm too nervous to find out for myself.
TransAtlanticPhoneSex
Newly Registered

Postby ValturNaa » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:11 am

Her obedience level loses its progress and you have to buy her some more flowers to get her morale back up. That's it. Once you're earning some decent cash with the waitress job or the handmaid job, it's really not an issue because a day or two of working can buy truffles.
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby Zenathos815 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:08 pm

I like this one its actually coming along well since last I would have tried it. It seemed to be a little sparse to me.

One thing I would like to see as a player, the animations are already really good for as far as I have gotten, I would like to see more dramatic cumshots :mrgreen:
It would actually be cool if it would scale based on how many times she has performed the act or if it scaled with her sexpertise. As it stands it is sufficient but the taboo of a slave and all the things you get to do to her then there is a little -blort- :lol:

Its great how it is developing though keep it up!
Zenathos815
Newly Registered

Postby demonprincess7 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:18 am

I really like this. The art is great but, I think someone said something about customization which would be also great. I was also thinking, what if you could gain obedience through fear instead of trust? Maybe there could be some kind of scale for that where you could start a neutral state and try to work your way in one direction or the other and there could be different dialogue and interactions for each side of the spectrum. That might complicate things too much from where you've got it now, but it's just a thought.

I'm really excited to see where you're going to take this.
demonprincess7
Newly Registered

Postby tehbeef » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:16 am

Just been playing this for a few hours on newgrounds and I'm glad to see it on here. :) I will definitely be following this and look forward to an update!
tehbeef

Postby Darthjake » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:05 pm

musical74 Wrote:Got as far as I could, liked what I saw. I didn't care much for the vibrating stone, mostly because it was *how long do I need to do this...?* but otherwise I liked everything. Be interesting to see how you plan on capturing the Queen... one question I do have is whether this will just be a *sex only game* or will you have *need to train the troops somehow* too. No problems if it's sex-only!

I didn't touch degrade and almost never did questions. Degrade seemed pointless when you can punish her and get mood down that way (or is there another perk?) and after a question about pets, I felt *this seems rather useless...*

I have to second Musical here, I was pretty much past where the vibrating stone was at by the time I bought it and I only bought it to toy with the mechanic, used it once and never went back. I like the premise of the game, and while the dialogue could use some work, all in all I feel it was well written. The dialouge options, could be used for comic relief or even a better understanding of how your slave is progressing in her training. I was amused when I lashed her deep in her training, (I had made the mistake of putting her on the wooden horse waaaaay too early), and she begged me to whip her more. It's a nice flavor text if anything. Eventually compliment got me more obediance (+1 only) but hey it was something.

I too, am interested if this is going to be a sex only game or if there will be mechanics for combat /training? I'm a big fan of the overwhored game, and even tried a dead game on the non-flash side called Conquest that was okay if you ignored the lack of balance in combat and a truly deplorable state of hints / direction on where to go for certain mistress quests.

Keep up the good work, I sincerly hope the slaves continue to look like regular women, (ie: no artifically enhanced flotation devices).
Darthjake

Postby ValturNaa » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:18 pm

Try the wooden horse at lower levels. The "few minutes" option is good for the first level of obedience, but a little harsher on her mental state than lashing her twice. The hour option is good for 2nd level obedience and at that point it takes the cake for obedience gains. Just like beating her once too often, leaving her on the wooden horse too long too early will cause her to have a breakdown.

Personally I would like it better if the slave *continued* to give you hints as to when she's going to break down during beatings even at high obedience levels, and also I don't think you should be forced to buy something to administer the very first obedience training. Start with spankings and move up to the whip, or something. Combat training would also be nice eventually, but you'd need a far simplified version of breaking in the slaves if you were going to have very many of them. I think it more likely to set the slaves as captains over the orc army who *has* already pledged its loyalty to you, or as secret agents to go undetected into free defenders' towns and steal away new maidens for you to break. That feels like it would fit.
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby Kumokumo » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:39 am

Just want to do a Vitals check on this page, make sure it's still got a pulse. i'd love to see updates on this page even if you don't post updates of the alphas, it would be nice if you could add in a change log so we can follow your progress and know what kind of headway you're making. :)
Kumokumo

Postby Katarina » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:07 am

Haven't wanted to post like this since gorepete

This totally reminds me of a dream I had a LONG time ago back when I was in highschool, kinda a kinky take on being Sauron's girlfriend. I've always been weird, no judgey =p
Would love if you could pick the roles of fully trained girls, or even assign certain girls to multiple roles;
Mate/Wife: First if you want her to produce heirs, second if you want a more equal relationship
General: For combative types, put them in charge of some troops. Maybe later you'd need a certain general for better results on certain troops, like a nymph from the forest for the fey? Eh. probably not; not evil enough...
Envoy/Ambassador: Diplomacy is something every major power deals with. Make yours classy or raunchy based on your appointed diplomat =p
Science role?
Scavenging?
Black keep market?

...or it could avoid this whole headache of extra programming, stick to sex sim-ing and people wouldn't hold it against you because that's a whole debaucle you never signed up for

in any case, I enjoyed it. Looking forward to more.
Lemme know if you want more of my crazy ideas ^.^
Katarina

Postby Kumokumo » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:23 pm

Katarina Wrote:Haven't wanted to post like this since gorepete

This totally reminds me of a dream I had a LONG time ago back when I was in highschool, kinda a kinky take on being Sauron's girlfriend. I've always been weird, no judgey =p
Would love if you could pick the roles of fully trained girls, or even assign certain girls to multiple roles;
Mate/Wife: First if you want her to produce heirs, second if you want a more equal relationship
General: For combative types, put them in charge of some troops. Maybe later you'd need a certain general for better results on certain troops, like a nymph from the forest for the fey? Eh. probably not; not evil enough...
Envoy/Ambassador: Diplomacy is something every major power deals with. Make yours classy or raunchy based on your appointed diplomat =p
Science role?
Scavenging?
Black keep market?

...or it could avoid this whole headache of extra programming, stick to sex sim-ing and people wouldn't hold it against you because that's a whole debaucle you never signed up for

in any case, I enjoyed it. Looking forward to more.
Lemme know if you want more of my crazy ideas ^.^

Damn Katarina, those are some great ideas. But you're also right about them being quite ambitious, I think pinktea would have to hire a full staff to accomplish something like that. Even if those aren't implemented this game would still be very good. Though if you don't mind my expanding on your thoughts, perhaps the the Mate/Black market ideas might be within reason. The black market idea is definitely doable, even if it's something as simple as just Selling a trained girl for money. Though it could go further than that too. The Mate option would be trickier i think, because then tea would have to implement some function to make use of the heirs they produce (though i suppose they can go to increasing his army's power and making prisoner capturing easier or more efficient). As for the wife function, i'm not entirely on board with that one. I just simply don't think it sits with the theme of this game, and i have doubts that the overlord would have even the slightest interest in romance or equality. But all in all, great suggestion, interesting ideas, and If tea can get it done (only if he's willing/able to properly manage/prioritize the development of these additional features Obviously) that'd serve to make the game so much deeper. But first we should see where Pinktea goes next with his story/gameplay progression ;P

Also i'm pretty sure there was some game producer on DLsite with the name Pinktea but i'm pretty sure it's just coincidence....

Still interesting though :P
" V o d k a m e a n s w a t e r i n R u s s i a n "
Kumokumo

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects