zum Damenhaus (new public release 3.8.1!) (11/03/19)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Zum Damenhaus (Hotfix v.1.1.1)

Postby looptyloo » Mon May 30, 2016 1:09 pm

Obviously it should just be toilets so that the girls could make money for the first floor. ;P
looptyloo
Newly Registered

Postby random Crow » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:35 am

Hey there helpful people,

poiman Wrote:you also could make yo use this spare part of grass on right side of brothel for ... good question, for what? somekind of "waiting room" will be cool, meybe row of gloryholes? dance floor? VIP room? just a place when you can send few ppl from this all time growing queue. Or meybe an option to select other ppl from queue? its a bit annoying when you have a row of empty average rooms and quy want to go for only single already occupied stately room ...
well, its only a few loose ideas may be useful in the further development, meybe not.
it is good that each of us can make one single tiny brick and add it to this big brick brothel :D

Haha, as luck would have it there is actually something planned for the empty space there on the surface. I got the Idea a few days ago. I wanted to put 'something' in the basement. But this alone is in kind of logic not very meaningful. So I decided to put also a version of it on the upper level. But it won't happen in the next few versions, since there are different things having priority for now. :roll:

looptyloo Wrote:Obviously it should just be toilets so that the girls could make money for the first floor. ;P

I don't know why, but I really, really like the idea of the simple toilets. :lol: I will keep your suggestion in mind, it may come in handy.
random Crow

Postby Justapuppet » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:20 pm

I too am very intrigued by the implications of the presence of the "Human" preference Xd Hope I'm not totally wrong about that...

As is though, I have found a couple of bugs.

I'm not sure how exactly I triggered the first one, but somehow when I'd played for a bit and got very famous, and ended up with a pretty long line of visitors, one of them didn't correctly approach the elevator after the previous guy went in. This sorta soft-locked the game because then no one behind him in line could go in anymore or pass him up, as he refused to move, and there was no way to continue or do anything from there without re-loading the game.

The other is just that, after an extended period of play, it seems that the animations don't fully play anymore -- either they get cut short or the early parts of them end up extended so that the "cumshot" parts toward the end just don't play anymore after a while, as it ends before them. This seems to happen pretty consistently for me after it's been multiple days since I picked up where I left off, but again, re-loading the game sets it back up to working normally.

I also must concur that the elevator speed is definitely a huge bottleneck, and sorta defeats the purpose of having that many slaves. In fact, it seems the entire bottom floor (or maybe bottom 2 floors) are best just ignored, because it takes so long for the elevator to go back and forth between them that it severely reduces productivity and wastes tons of time. I know you said you don't think you'd be able to squeeze in anymore elevators as the structure of the place is pretty much set in stone, but maybe if there were some way to eventually upgrade the elevator speed, or increase its capacity or something? Just some thoughts.
Justapuppet

Postby random Crow » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:55 am

Hey there,

Justapuppet Wrote:I too am very intrigued by the implications of the presence of the "Human" preference Xd Hope I'm not totally wrong about that...

Ahh, the little seed of curiosity I left behind has started to grow on people. You will be satisfied, my friend, sooner or later.

Justapuppet Wrote:As is though, I have found a couple of bugs.

I'm not sure how exactly I triggered the first one, but somehow when I'd played for a bit and got very famous, and ended up with a pretty long line of visitors, one of them didn't correctly approach the elevator after the previous guy went in. This sorta soft-locked the game because then no one behind him in line could go in anymore or pass him up, as he refused to move, and there was no way to continue or do anything from there without re-loading the game.

Didn't the second client in row move at all, or did he twitch maybe a little?
Since the re-code I actually ran into this bug too, but only once. My first impression was, that the chance this would happen is nearly zero, but with so much clients coming with a high reputation, that chance starts growing. I actually redone the behavior of the clients when drinking and cuddling girls for version 1.2. Maybe I terminated the bug with it. We will see I guess.

random Crow Wrote:The other is just that, after an extended period of play, it seems that the animations don't fully play anymore -- either they get cut short or the early parts of them end up extended so that the "cumshot" parts toward the end just don't play anymore after a while, as it ends before them. This seems to happen pretty consistently for me after it's been multiple days since I picked up where I left off, but again, re-loading the game sets it back up to working normally.

You actually found a major bug. I found it myself too, a couple of days ago and I'm happy to announce, that the bug is gone. (After I hit it strongly with a fly swatter)
I will edit the first post with a tip to reset the game every 3-4 days. You will have the bugless version with 1.2.
Oh, and the cut-of animation parts won't happen anymore (since client behavior changed and because of the bugfix)

Justapuppet Wrote:I also must concur that the elevator speed is definitely a huge bottleneck, and sorta defeats the purpose of having that many slaves. In fact, it seems the entire bottom floor (or maybe bottom 2 floors) are best just ignored, because it takes so long for the elevator to go back and forth between them that it severely reduces productivity and wastes tons of time. I know you said you don't think you'd be able to squeeze in anymore elevators as the structure of the place is pretty much set in stone, but maybe if there were some way to eventually upgrade the elevator speed, or increase its capacity or something? Just some thoughts.

I had to realize, that I must do something about it. I made up my mind and found an actually good solution for it! I squeeze this issue fix in with version 1.3. Please hold on this time, you will be freed from it.
random Crow

Postby Orbot_Vectorman » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:22 pm

If I may suggest one thing for this game, please implement a que system for the clients, so I can assign them to the right girl even if they are busy attending to another client. Or perhaps a way to look at all clients in line to better plan how to assign them to the right room.
Orbot_Vectorman
Newly Registered

Postby Justapuppet » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:12 am

Sounds good! Unfortunately I wasn't paying enough attention to the one bug to be able to tell you whether there was a twitch or not when the line stopped moving, and I haven't nailed down how to reproduce that bug yet, if there's a consistent way to do it. Hopefully you're right and things being re-done will have got rid of it in the new version.

Glad you've been testing and noticing these things too, though, as well as paying attention to feedback. Looking forward to future updates!
Justapuppet

Postby random Crow » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:14 am

*Waves at you*

Orbot_Vectorman Wrote:If I may suggest one thing for this game, please implement a que system for the clients, so I can assign them to the right girl even if they are busy attending to another client. Or perhaps a way to look at all clients in line to better plan how to assign them to the right room.

I could pluck my feathers for not having this idea first! It's absoloutly reasonable. I will implement the easier task first (to look at the clients) for the next version (1.2). In actual fact I did it already, directly after reading your post. ;)
Later I'm sure I can expand this concept.
By the way, I like your Avatar. Have you created it?

Justapuppet Wrote:Sounds good! Unfortunately I wasn't paying enough attention to the one bug to be able to tell you whether there was a twitch or not when the line stopped moving, and I haven't nailed down how to reproduce that bug yet, if there's a consistent way to do it. Hopefully you're right and things being re-done will have got rid of it in the new version.

Well, sooner or later we will find out, if the bug still exisits.

Justapuppet Wrote:Glad you've been testing and noticing these things too, though, as well as paying attention to feedback. Looking forward to future updates!

Sure, why let useful observations and thoughts go to waste? Thank you for sharing named things.
random Crow

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:35 am

I concur with others that the game's speed is a bit sluggish. While there are more elegant solutions, it's possible to change the frame-rate in-game for a quick fix, so you could for example allow the player to set the game to 30fps, 35fps or 40fps according to their whim. This may not be possible if you're using a programming library like flixel or stencyl.

The game is compelling right now, but the artwork is quite bland. It would be good to see more exaggeration in your characters and in your animations. Instead of this, make this. I'd be happy to help you out with this. Animation is not my forte, though I hope to improve on that and I do know some theoretical pointers. Here's my artwork.

Since slave girls can assist Madeline in the bar, maybe a slave girl could become bartender after she has gained a certain amount of Service skill? Perhaps they could be specifically promoted to bartender after attaining a certain amount of Service skill.
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby armegetton » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:14 am

**Thoughts about your work (1.1.1)
- Seems solid. focus on mechanics and playability before features, props for that. Very playable. I was surprised how far I could actually zoom in to find the characters had more features than I realized. pretty cool. :)

**Thoughts/questions about future direction of this game
so are you leaning toward more game or more sim? I'm only asking because it currently seems to have the building blocks of a great game.
most similar to the waitress cafe game that I used to see (or some other resource management game)
as it is now, players can never lose. which is fine, if it's just supposed to be a broth sim. players can take it slow and watch the scenes with this.
I just think it would be interesting to have different types of customers, some that walk slow/fast, some that take forever to sex, others that are pre-mature ;) , if you were to do something like this with the game, you could actually leave the elevator speed where it is, but let players directly control them. and if the customers pay as they walk out the front door, players would get more money for moving the clients faster through the brothel. etc etc, I'll stop here due to rambling, but hopefully you get the idea. it may be more coding than its worth, but mainly just trying to see what the plan is.

**minor things I noticed
- (everyone's already beat you over the head with 1k comments about game speed. skip)
- I assume the green star (upper left) is reputation of some sort, the green text, however, is often unreadable due to sky background or other similar colors. moving the camera elsewhere 'fixes it', but isn't as effective if the intention was to be 'at-a-glance' status (day of the week isn't as bad, but black on black ...)
- the camera scroll (pan) has some issues especially when the cursor moves outside the flash app area. easiest solution I can suggest is only panning the camera when the mouse button is held down
- hitboxes (clickboxes?) for zoom in/out, clients, and buttons in general could be more generous. i.e. bigger, more square/less rectangle. maybe even auto-snap. though, that might introduce more issues
- on the same note with the box hitboxes. when you're zoomed all the way out, the room building buttons are still zoomed all the way in.

honestly though, these are all minor and don't prevent the game from being played. not to mention that you may be addressing some already with the next update

but it's neither here nor there. I'm just interested to see where this goes.
keep up the good work.
armegetton
Newly Registered

Postby ElPresidente » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:57 pm

Looking good.
Solid idea and mechanically sound.

What you could use is an artists for some art overhaul. It's decent enough, but could be better.
Also, lesbian customers might be nice ;)
ElPresidente

Postby random Crow » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:50 am

Good morning,

AcetheSuperVillain Wrote:I concur with others that the game's speed is a bit sluggish. While there are more elegant solutions, it's possible to change the frame-rate in-game for a quick fix, so you could for example allow the player to set the game to 30fps, 35fps or 40fps according to their whim. This may not be possible if you're using a programming library like flixel or stencyl.

I don't like messing with the frame rate, since all animations are straightened with the 30 frames a second. If I would change something on the gamespeed, I can do it on more elegant ways, that is not the problem. Although I think on the games later stages with a higher reputation the player is really busy.

AcetheSuperVillain Wrote:It would be good to see more exaggeration in your characters and in your animations.

I have to check if a particular animation (for example a simple walk-cycle) fits the character. And I constantly try to improve the art quality, as long as they don't interfere with the flow of the animation (for example limps go over other limps)

AcetheSuperVillain Wrote:Since slave girls can assist Madeline in the bar, maybe a slave girl could become bartender after she has gained a certain amount of Service skill? Perhaps they could be specifically promoted to bartender after attaining a certain amount of Service skill.

:o Disaster! I can see it already: Madeline walks to Amanda's chamber at the start of the day, slams her hand against the desk and shouts:"Thay took o'r jobs!"
Don't get me wrong, I like your way of thinking. And each level of the service skill will be the purpose of something soon. ;)

armegetton Wrote:so are you leaning toward more game or more sim? I'm only asking because it currently seems to have the building blocks of a great game.
most similar to the waitress cafe game that I used to see (or some other resource management game)
as it is now, players can never lose. which is fine, if it's just supposed to be a broth sim. players can take it slow and watch the scenes with this.

Another one, who registered just for me? The honor is overflowing! :oops:
The game will mainly stay a brothel simulator, with a high focus on management. Get as much of them coins out of a client as possible! I'll implement more aspects of the game that you actually feel like a manager.
Furthermore...mhh... I haven't really think of a way to loose, yet. I definitly know that there will be a story (which is already written on paper) and if you finished with everything you still can continue playing your current session.

armegetton Wrote:I just think it would be interesting to have different types of customers, some that walk slow/fast, some that take forever to sex, others that are pre-mature

I like the Idea of small differences in the behavior of the common client. I will keep that in mind.

armegetton Wrote:- I assume the green star (upper left) is reputation of some sort, the green text, however, is often unreadable due to sky background or other similar colors. moving the camera elsewhere 'fixes it', but isn't as effective if the intention was to be 'at-a-glance' status (day of the week isn't as bad, but black on black ...)

Seems plausible. I make it more visible. And I guess the 'weekdays' will get prettier, when they actually do something :)

ElPresidente Wrote:What you could use is an artists for some art overhaul. It's decent enough, but could be better.

I simply can't afford one, but I hope I can get a modest artist in the future.

ElPresidente Wrote:Also, lesbian customers might be nice

Lesbian stuff will happen, but not yet. :roll:
random Crow

Postby WonderGamer » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:43 pm

I have to say I'm enjoying the game, I think it has a lot of potential.

A few things I want to go over:
  • I assume the pages when you mouse over a girl is supposed to show specifics about that girl. Should I assume this is one of the things in the game that hasn't been implemented yet?
  • I've noticed that if you mouse over a information panel while it's being displayed while a customer is selected, that it dims out. Might there be a possibility to allow de-selecting of that customer if clicked on (or adding another button or hotkey to allow de-selecting of the customer).
  • I've noticed that you can scroll not only with the mouse when it gets to the end of the screen, but also the WASD & arrows keys; would it be too much to ask for an option to disable mouse scrolling?
  • I think the detail in this game is pretty good, even surprised that you added squrting (although you have to be scrolled in all the way & fullscreen to even get notice it & it's still hard to see it unless you futher zoon in via flash right-click menu), although I'm hoping for some more variety in the women (breast size for one).
  • I noticed a "like" on the guys that comes visiting that states "human". Should I assume you're going to be throwing furries, elves or other non-humans into the game?
I think that covers it for now, I'll come back with more questions should they come up.
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby random Crow » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:29 pm

Hello,

WonderGamer Wrote:I assume the pages when you mouse over a girl is supposed to show specifics about that girl. Should I assume this is one of the things in the game that hasn't been implemented yet?

Indeed. This space will be filled.

WonderGamer Wrote:I've noticed that if you mouse over a information panel while it's being displayed while a customer is selected, that it dims out. Might there be a possibility to allow de-selecting of that customer if clicked on (or adding another button or hotkey to allow de-selecting of the customer).

I can do that, without a problem. I am curious why you suggest this function. Is this panel too much in the way, when enjoying animations?

WonderGamer Wrote:I've noticed that you can scroll not only with the mouse when it gets to the end of the screen, but also the WASD & arrows keys; would it be too much to ask for an option to disable mouse scrolling?

Do you mean a disable when the mouse is at the edge of the screen, or disable mouse scrolling in general? On both I'd like to know why you would like to have this changed. Like above, i'm really curious.

WonderGamer Wrote:I think the detail in this game is pretty good, even surprised that you added squrting (although you have to be scrolled in all the way & fullscreen to even get notice it & it's still hard to see it unless you futher zoon in via flash right-click menu),

Yes, I intended to choose either make this stuff more visible or I renounce it. I don't want to make stuff, which won't even be noticed (quit self-explanatory).

WonderGamer Wrote:I noticed a "like" on the guys that comes visiting that states "human". Should I assume you're going to be throwing furries, elves or other non-humans into the game?

Yes, I just simply say, that there will be non-human girls. First will come soon. Go get enspired by the compass (map screen), when sending Amanda to travel. ;)
random Crow

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:39 pm

random Crow Wrote:
armegetton Wrote:I just think it would be interesting to have different types of customers, some that walk slow/fast, some that take forever to sex, others that are pre-mature

I like the Idea of small differences in the behavior of the common client. I will keep that in mind.

Perhaps non-human clients

AcetheSuperVillain Wrote:It would be good to see more exaggeration in your characters and in your animations.

I have to check if a particular animation (for example a simple walk-cycle) fits the character. And I constantly try to improve the art quality, as long as they don't interfere with the flow of the animation (for example limps go over other limps)

Sure. But I would still suggest making the baseline state of motion more active. You don't want to make every every animation just the minimum amount of motion (I've drawn games like that and they look boring). After all, if you see someone who is doing some activity making only the smallest necessary motions, it reads as though the character is trying to hurry or isn't happy about doing the act. This is probably fine for the slave girls, but one would imagine that Amanda is in this business because she likes sex, and the clients should be more enthusiastic.

ElPresidente Wrote:What you could use is an artists for some art overhaul. It's decent enough, but could be better.

I simply can't afford one, but I hope I can get a modest artist in the future.

I would be happy to give you advice or critique for free for a while. I'm in art school right now, and I'm learning a lot of principles and techniques that I don't really have time to try out in my own projects, it would be fun to geek out about these things with someone else and try to see these tricks in action.
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:12 am

And as a supervillain, I do like to show off once in a while.
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

amanda.png
amanda.png (45.38 KiB) Viewed 3010 times

didn't even use the smoothstroke! heeheehee!

I also had some gameplay observations I forgot to make.

I have trouble figuring out some of the client preference clues as far as what counts as "light hair" or "exotic hair" or "ponytail". Usually I would be able to figure this out through trial and error, but because there's delay between the request and the reward and there's a lot of other distractions going on, it's hard to get a sense of what is working and what isn't. It would be helpful if there was some immediate feedback, or if it were possible to check each girl's criteria in writing.

As an experiment, I tried leveling up Amanda's "Vaginal" skill to 1. It took a while, and then after reaching "vaginal" 1, it was like 3 days before anybody asked for vaginal sex again. You can imagine how disappointed I was when I learned that all you get is +1 gold. Needs to be something better. A constant percentage would work well, like 10% extra per level.

When I saw that you could put two girls in one room, I thought that would be the answer to customers who ask for both light hair and dark hair. Doesn't seem to work that way, but maybe it could work in the future.
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby random Crow » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:25 am

Hey,

nice to see you here again, Ace.

AcetheSuperVillain Wrote:Sure. But I would still suggest making the baseline state of motion more active. You don't want to make every every animation just the minimum amount of motion (I've drawn games like that and they look boring). After all, if you see someone who is doing some activity making only the smallest necessary motions, it reads as though the character is trying to hurry or isn't happy about doing the act. This is probably fine for the slave girls(...)

Well, overall said you are right, of course. The only argument I have for keeping (only / most of) important parts of an animation activ, would be that it costs less memory and it's faster to finish.
But do I have to take care about game memory yet? Do I want to spent more time with one animation, but make it more detailed? That are questions I have to ask myself.

AcetheSuperVillain Wrote:(...),but one would imagine that Amanda is in this business because she likes sex

Hehe, does she? ;)

AcetheSuperVillain Wrote:I would be happy to give you advice or critique for free for a while. I'm in art school right now, and I'm learning a lot of principles and techniques that I don't really have time to try out in my own projects, it would be fun to geek out about these things with someone else and try to see these tricks in action.

It would be stupid to decline such an generous offer. I'm glad when enough versions of the game have been published, so that people can see the direction it moves. If I have that from my shoulders I would feel more... relaxed. We will definitly talk about that again!

AcetheSuperVillain Wrote:I have trouble figuring out some of the client preference clues as far as what counts as "light hair" or "exotic hair" or "ponytail". Usually I would be able to figure this out through trial and error, but because there's delay between the request and the reward and there's a lot of other distractions going on, it's hard to get a sense of what is working and what isn't. It would be helpful if there was some immediate feedback, or if it were possible to check each girl's criteria in writing.

Yes, I will make that more apparent. But I guess I can post an explanation in my blogs tutorial section in the meantime.

AcetheSuperVillain Wrote:As an experiment, I tried leveling up Amanda's "Vaginal" skill to 1. It took a while, and then after reaching "vaginal" 1, it was like 3 days before anybody asked for vaginal sex again. You can imagine how disappointed I was when I learned that all you get is +1 gold. Needs to be something better. A constant percentage would work well, like 10% extra per level.

It already works with a constant percentage of 10% ;) I would guess you only got 1 coin, because you sent the client to a room where he doesn't wanted to be. If the room is wrong (irrespective of the things the client 'likes') you get currently 10 coins. And with 10% out of 10 you have your one coin. You will see when you have for example the right room and 2 out of 3 'likes' you will get more from this 1 level. By the way I will raise the experience points the girls get in the next version, just to speed things up; for other upcoming things.
Oh, nearly forget to say: At this time every position (vaginal, anal, fellatio, etc) has the same chance to be picked what the client wants to get.

AcetheSuperVillain Wrote:When I saw that you could put two girls in one room, I thought that would be the answer to customers who ask for both light hair and dark hair. Doesn't seem to work that way, but maybe it could work in the future.

Two girls in one room is currently a bug I haven't figured out yet. And in the upcoming version there will be no more 'likes', which exclude each other (for example light hair <-> dark hair)

At last: sweet picture of Amanda ;)
random Crow

Postby WonderGamer » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:21 pm

random Crow Wrote:
WonderGamer Wrote:I've noticed that if you mouse over a information panel while it's being displayed while a customer is selected, that it dims out. Might there be a possibility to allow de-selecting of that customer if clicked on (or adding another button or hotkey to allow de-selecting of the customer).

I can do that, without a problem. I am curious why you suggest this function. Is this panel too much in the way, when enjoying animations?

Not exactly. The idea is if you could change the potential client for a different one (one before the other) that may have a preference I can meet over one I may already have selected (you can't actually see what their preferences are until you select them, unless you change that to being visible on mouse-over); if they have to go in a certain order anyways, then there's point little point in de-selection of clients. You lose reputation for an unhappy client regardless of whether you dismiss them or they get impatient & leave, so wouldn't it make sense to be able to meet the needs of clients that you can better meet before those that you can't meet as much rather than just tossing them aside & not getting the chance to still fit them in?

random Crow Wrote:
WonderGamer Wrote:I've noticed that you can scroll not only with the mouse when it gets to the end of the screen, but also the WASD & arrows keys; would it be too much to ask for an option to disable mouse scrolling?

Do you mean a disable when the mouse is at the edge of the screen, or disable mouse scrolling in general? On both I'd like to know why you would like to have this changed. Like above, i'm really curious.

More along the lines that if I move outside of the window, it force-scrolls it where I don't want it to. Might not seem like a big issue when you're playing in fullscreen, however it does if you have a multi-monitor system & I use a spreadsheet to keep track of the woman (initial two + slaves) so I can quickly reference which rooms they are in & what their stats are. So in other words, if I attempt to manipulate the spreadsheet on the second monitor with the mouse, the game is going to scroll clear over to the edge of the brothel unless I utilize alt+tab & use only the keyboard to interact with the spreadsheet or use alt+tab to put another window on top of the game before I move the mouse to the spreadsheet to avoid the unwanted scrolling (something I would really rather not do if I'm trying to monitor the game while quickly accessing the spreadsheet, which is supposed to help the gameplay, not hurt it; might have been different if the game had a pause function after you've already started a day)... The spreadsheet is only one example, there are endless possibilities to what people could be running on a second monitor (music for example, seeing as the game currently doesn't have any sound). One other thing I've noticed is there's a rather large deadspace around the actual game for which is considered scroll-area; I can only imagine the problem with this when it comes to those playing in a small embedded panel on a website (most don't allow downloading of the game without additional steps; if you're intending on hosting it when it's finished in a non-downloadable form). To be completely honest, I've never been a fan of edge-screen scrolling in any game & shut it off in most when available. After each day I end up hitting F5 to refresh the game, not primarily to disable the scrolling so I can use the mouse on the spreadsheet (although it does hold some relevance), but more to make sure the game doesn't start lagging after a number of days (not uncommon in flash games with numerous elements, but at least this one doesn't start lagging for a few days even if there are a lot of elements on the screen).

I'm also curious if you're intending on throwing a pregnancy factor into the game (given all the vaginal creampies you get in the game). This game reminds me somewhat of a flash game called Sex Pit, originating on MySexGames.com. You took more of a management direction on your game than a crude "capture girls as sex-slaves & fuck them until their pregnant or dead or until you get caught" route (honestly I find it amusing how girls can get pregnant in that game from any form of sex, not just vaginal sex; interesting game, but it could have done without the golden-shower animation, I fear when the shitting animation gets added...), but I can see some similarities between the two as far as mechanics go. I'm not saying you should take the crude method they did, however perhaps I can give a suggestion on how it could work if implemented:

• Female has vaginal sex, has small chance of getting pregnant (visual notification of pregnancy given).
  • On pregnancy, belly will begin to grow from day to day (with option to turn off visual pregnancy; I realize some people aren't into this fetish, I'm not big on it either). Furthermore, breasts may get bigger & perhaps lactate (squirting milk in certain sex animations).
  • Towards the end of the pregnancy, certain forms of sex could kill the child (i.e. vaginal/anal) & the pregnancy will be voided if done within that time; this will be a management issue for players to avoid those forms of sex with that girl while in that term of pregnancy (should consider a symbol on their information panel to indicate dangerous term, especially if they have visual pregnancy turned off).
  • After a given amount of time, the child will be born (for the sake of those children possibly working in the brothel after they grow up, they'll always be female...unless you intend on adding male prostitutes, that is).
    • For the child to be kept after birth, a child-care will have to be built. You can choose whether you need to assign a person to the child-care or not to watch over the child; let's say if somebody is not watching the children, there is a chance they could die.
    • If the child-care facility is not built before the child is born, they will be given up for adoption. You could use this as a form of making money by giving them up for adoption if you wish.
    • If you choose to allow boys to be born, but no male prostitutes, then boys will always be put up for adoption.
    • You could give players the option whether they want to put a child up for adoption or keep the child once the child-care is built, rather than making it an automatic function to keep the child once built.
  • The mother's breasts will continue to lactate for a little while after pregnancy, then stop after some time.
  • After some time, the child will grow up & can be used as another prostitute in the brothel (perhaps gaining a bonus on their first time being a virgin, an idea taken from Sex Pit, but hopefully not as crude as they took it).
  • Perhaps visually, prostitutes that were born in the brothel would typically have small breasts until sometime later (perhaps setting a scale of how big their breasts can get until they get pregnant themselves, allowing them to grow over time up until the peak of that scale).

This suggestion brought up a couple other ideas that perhaps I should go over:

Male Prostitutes:
  • What is the possibility of male prostitutes? Of course for this to happen, you'd also need female clients (something you've mentioned may be possible in the future, based on a question asked about lesbian escapades).
  • Should male prostitutes be added, I assume gay escapades will also become a factor. My suggestion for any same-sex escapade is perhaps allow an option to turn those off should somebody not feel comfortable with those situations (I for one don't mind lesbian acts, but don't really like gay acts). This would for the most part shut off clients coming in & asking for prostitutes of the same sex (although the player could still do it if they wanted to, but it wouldn't be advantageous to go against what a client wants).

Offensive-animations:
As I mentioned before with the game Sex Pit, there were some animations that were considered offensive in it, seeing as the developer was probably throwing every fetish in there that people were requesting be added. What I would suggest is if you intend on adding other forms of sex that could be offensive, to add an option to turn them off. Obviously you're going to want to limit how many can be toggled off, seeing as the pregnancy factor (if implemented) can be taken advantage of if people only left vaginal sex on, so make it so there still has to be a minimum of sex options before they can start the game. I for one am not a fan of foot sex & not really fond of armpit sex either (tease animation by Madeline), but I tolerate them seeing as I want to see where this game is going.

Pregnant sex could also be considered as offensive to some (enthusiasts about protecting the unborn baby, I would assume), so an option to disable the pregnancy feature (if implemented) should probably be considered as well. I for one am not a fan of pregnancy sex either (it's tolerable in games, but not in real life porn for me), so I might use the option to turn off the visual pregnancy (I'd have to see it before I made that decision). I think more people that not would want to allow the option however, especially if they knew there was a perk strategically in using it.

Underage sex:
You may have noticed I avoided the topic of underage sex in my runthrough of a possible pregnancy function above. I'm not saying you couldn't take that route if you wanted to, but I am going to say that it might be safer if you didn't. First off this is illegal in the US now even in animation & art, so it's taking a risk of you're a US citizen. Not to mention I'm not sure what the stance on it on these forums are (I don't think they tolerate it, but I haven't actually looked into the rules regarding it yet; they do have a game that comes close to it called Breeding Season, however that might just be a visual modifier rather than actual underage characters), so it would be something to check into if you want to continue sharing this game on these forums. What I am going to say is if you do decide to add it (not so much child sex, but maybe early-teen), you should consider adding an option to disable it for those who would rather not see it.

WonderGamer

Postby random Crow » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:59 pm

Hey guys I, just dropped in for no reason and HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!
Thats a lot of things you want to share with me WonderGamer!

I give you my comments, but I will keep myself very, very short, because you suggest so much things that will happen/might happen/don't happen. Overall I can say I NEVER SAY NEVER. Keep that in mind.

Let's get started:

WonderGamer Wrote:Not exactly. The idea is if you could change the potential client for a different one (one before the other) that may have a preference I can meet over one I may already have selected (you can't actually see what their preferences are until you select them, unless you change that to being visible on mouse-over); if they have to go in a certain order anyways, then there's point little point in de-selection of clients. You lose reputation for an unhappy client regardless of whether you dismiss them or they get impatient & leave, so wouldn't it make sense to be able to meet the needs of clients that you can better meet before those that you can't meet as much rather than just tossing them aside & not getting the chance to still fit them in?

There will be a function in the future, which can be used for some kind of 'storing' clients. But there is nothing planned in detail, yet.

*Set long text in spoiler*

WonderGamer Wrote:More along the lines that if I move outside of the window, it force-scrolls it where I don't want it to. Might not seem like a big issue when you're playing in fullscreen, however it does if you have a multi-monitor system & I use a spreadsheet to keep track of the woman (initial two + slaves) so I can quickly reference which rooms they are in & what their stats are. So in other words, if I attempt to manipulate the spreadsheet on the second monitor with the mouse, the game is going to scroll clear over to the edge of the brothel unless I utilize alt+tab & use only the keyboard to interact with the spreadsheet or use alt+tab to put another window on top of the game before I move the mouse to the spreadsheet to avoid the unwanted scrolling (something I would really rather not do if I'm trying to monitor the game while quickly accessing the spreadsheet, which is supposed to help the gameplay, not hurt it; might have been different if the game had a pause function after you've already started a day)... The spreadsheet is only one example, there are endless possibilities to what people could be running on a second monitor (music for example, seeing as the game currently doesn't have any sound). One other thing I've noticed is there's a rather large deadspace around the actual game for which is considered scroll-area; I can only imagine the problem with this when it comes to those playing in a small embedded panel on a website (most don't allow downloading of the game without additional steps; if you're intending on hosting it when it's finished in a non-downloadable form). To be completely honest, I've never been a fan of edge-screen scrolling in any game & shut it off in most when available. After each day I end up hitting F5 to refresh the game, not primarily to disable the scrolling so I can use the mouse on the spreadsheet (although it does hold some relevance), but more to make sure the game doesn't start lagging after a number of days (not uncommon in flash games with numerous elements, but at least this one doesn't start lagging for a few days even if there are a lot of elements on the screen).

NICE! That's what I wanted to hear! I fully understand the problem. And as a reward for you and maybe countless other people, I made it much better right after reading your post! You'll get it with version 1.2.

Topic pregnancy:
Pregnancy definitly will come! But not in the near future. This task will be sooo time consuming, but also so rewarding for you people! I have to listen to my gut feeling, when it's the right time to do it.

Conclusion:
- for male prostitutes and underage sex I deny any comment for the moment.
- i won't do the extreme stuff you mentioned, that is not my style. I know, you just say it to show me some comparisons.
- also I will never let the player force to watch fetishes he doesn't like (when it's more than a simple footjob ;) ). You can count on (for example the pregnany thing) that there will be a function to disable it.

Oh, and I never heard of the game Sex Pit. Eventually I'll take a look.

Thank you so much for your effort writing this stuff!
random Crow

Postby WonderGamer » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:04 am

random Crow Wrote:*Set long text in spoiler*

WonderGamer Wrote:More along the lines that if I move outside of the window, it force-scrolls it where I don't want it to. Might not seem like a big issue when you're playing in fullscreen, however it does if you have a multi-monitor system & I use a spreadsheet to keep track of the woman (initial two + slaves) so I can quickly reference which rooms they are in & what their stats are. So in other words, if I attempt to manipulate the spreadsheet on the second monitor with the mouse, the game is going to scroll clear over to the edge of the brothel unless I utilize alt+tab & use only the keyboard to interact with the spreadsheet or use alt+tab to put another window on top of the game before I move the mouse to the spreadsheet to avoid the unwanted scrolling (something I would really rather not do if I'm trying to monitor the game while quickly accessing the spreadsheet, which is supposed to help the gameplay, not hurt it; might have been different if the game had a pause function after you've already started a day)... The spreadsheet is only one example, there are endless possibilities to what people could be running on a second monitor (music for example, seeing as the game currently doesn't have any sound). One other thing I've noticed is there's a rather large deadspace around the actual game for which is considered scroll-area; I can only imagine the problem with this when it comes to those playing in a small embedded panel on a website (most don't allow downloading of the game without additional steps; if you're intending on hosting it when it's finished in a non-downloadable form). To be completely honest, I've never been a fan of edge-screen scrolling in any game & shut it off in most when available. After each day I end up hitting F5 to refresh the game, not primarily to disable the scrolling so I can use the mouse on the spreadsheet (although it does hold some relevance), but more to make sure the game doesn't start lagging after a number of days (not uncommon in flash games with numerous elements, but at least this one doesn't start lagging for a few days even if there are a lot of elements on the screen).

NICE! That's what I wanted to hear! I fully understand the problem. And as a reward for you and maybe countless other people, I made it much better right after reading your post! You'll get it with version 1.2.

Good to hear. This should make it a lot easier to play in the future & I'll be looking forward to that update.

random Crow Wrote:Topic pregnancy:
Pregnancy definitly will come! But not in the near future. This task will be sooo time consuming, but also so rewarding for you people! I have to listen to my gut feeling, when it's the right time to do it.

Fully understandable, especially if you're looking at an in-depth system like I attempted to suggest...

random Crow Wrote:- for male prostitutes and underage sex I deny any comment for the moment.
- i won't do the extreme stuff you mentioned, that is not my style. I know, you just say it to show me some comparisons.
- also I will never let the player force to watch fetishes he doesn't like (when it's more than a simple footjob ;) ). You can count on (for example the pregnany thing) that there will be a function to disable it.

Oh, and I never heard of the game Sex Pit. Eventually I'll take a look.

Good to hear there will be toggles.

I sent you a link via PM to that Sex Pit game; it's definitely more extreme than your game, but you may notice the similarities when it comes to collecting slaves.

WonderGamer

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:15 am

random Crow Wrote:Well, overall said you are right, of course. The only argument I have for keeping (only / most of) important parts of an animation activ, would be that it costs less memory and it's faster to finish.
But do I have to take care about game memory yet? Do I want to spent more time with one animation, but make it more detailed? That are questions I have to ask myself.

Your decision is yours to make, but I just want to tell you that I spent a long time making mediocre games, always saying to myself, This is good enough or This is just for practice, and it was not worth it. Now I've got nothing that I can be truly proud of, just a bunch of wasted years. I can not even say "this was the best I could do at the time" because I never really gave these projects everything I had. It's not something I would wish upon anyone else.

And yet, I continue to give the same halfheartedness to my current projects. sigh...
AcetheSuperVillain

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects