This post is going to look like a mess, I just bet. So many quotes.
Seriathus Wrote:I can confirm the beast visiting me after I got the frog.
By the way, you mentioned earlier that you did indee tie Int to random events. I brought my Int to ridiculous levels (1000+ in post-day 100), and they don't seem to happen more often. Does the probability not increase after a while, or they're still independent from Int?
They're dependent in the build that's coming out in a few days. Not set up for it in the public build just yet.
musical74 Wrote:Wondering what stats are needed to resist the ChrBeast, I had Str at 30, Int at 35, and Charm at 60 or so, and those weren't enough, because Soo still fell victim to the charms of the beast!
I love the new library and church images! Not sure if there are new images for all of them yet - I tend to skip the alleyway and gas station once more profitable areas open up. *still wants threesome with Soo, another succubus (Sew, probably, she's much more willing) and some poor sap that can't resist two beauties*
If I remember correctly the 'safe' stats for the beasts (aside from the HardBeast) are in the mid forties. Wanted to make 'em fairly tough.
redfanatic Wrote:Hey, big fan of your game, will prolly go to patreon. Good shit.
I just tried the new version and I think the beasts are broken.
I managed to activate the IntBeast no problem twice (once lost, once sudued) and got a visit pretty soon.
However, I fucked up on the ChrBeast and failed to subdue it a second time and it never appeared again (I went like to day 200+ only going to sewers so it's not rng). All stats were 100+.
StrBeast never appeared at all and my starts were 100+. Again, I went to day 200+.
I managed to find the HardBeast once, but here never visited me (again, 200+ days in total).
Not sure if it's by design, but I have a feeling that past day 100 the beasts don't work anymore.
Also, I think the stats are a bit broken. Once I get int past 100, it barely works at all, I get like no random events whatsoever, while I should be getting them like every third try or something.
Anyway, keep up the good work)))
Sounds like you just had some really bad luck, yeah. But I'll do some testing to make sure Int is working as it should. Same for the beasts. I'll admit that I'm not working amazingly hard to get stuff to work past day 100 at this point, since the game isn't supposed to last past 100 typically anyway.
Also, the best threesome would be Soo, Sew and Su. Or Soo, Sew and Guy. Or Soo, Sew and Joe
My plan for the endings is to allow you to build up relationships with the side characters to the point that they will appear in a sex sequence with Soo, with up to two other characters appearing. So potentially you can see any mixture of the lot showing up with her.
As a side note, I expect setting up the ending to be a coding hell. But, ah, let's not get into that.
- tied to this: are you planning on making an inventory for the keys, to keep track of which ones you got on your current run. Could be in the form of a diary
Some form of stats would also be cool (but not necessary). Things like how often you visited a certain location, total money earned at said location. Again purely for cool
-Yeah balance can be a bitch. I feel the start is reasonably balanced, but the mid game get's very easy. I am curious what you have in store
What are the differences between regular and hard mode? You don't get a 1 in 5 chance at a stat boost, but that is only 20 points over the course of the game. And you basically win the game before turn 60 or so, that reduces the penalty to about ten points.
- Not sure if this is the case but it did feel to me that the strength requirements to not get ripped off were slightly higher, but this might just as wel be RNGesus playing jokes on me.
Also are there events tied to your "ability" for hard mode, or is that another penalty you get?
All in all it did feel a bit stiffer playing on hard mode. It definitely was more difficult to hit all of the "timings". I did manage to unlock most and bag the hard beast by day 100 though
- You can have the lag the first time, but after that suu knows the name. I found out you can click the boxes even though they are invisible but I have miss clicked on many an occasion doing this
so not an ideal work around.
- yes I meant the back alley vs the gas station. do you use a lot of different formulas for the different locations. To me it seems that the gas station and the back alley are on a level and everything else is on a slightly higher level?
- I plan on making an inventory screen in general, yes. Will probably do it as I begin work on the end game in earnest. Right now I've just been doing dribs and drabs at random intervals while working on other stuff. A stats screen could also be a possibility, since some of the counting variables are already in place.
- At the moment there aren't many differences between normal and hard mode besides losing access to the stat boosting abilities and their related scenes. Once I'm done hard mode will probably make the game tougher in general, with higher numbers to hit and lower payouts. Eventually I want to give players an extra prize for getting through hard mode. To make it particularly hard I might make the Hard Mode events negative rather than positive, but not tie them to Int so as not to horribly cripple the stat.
- I'll probably just do away with the lag altogether. It was mainly a way to avoid wiping out Mindy's intro text before the player got a chance to read it.
- I use tweaked formulae for all of the locations besides the alley and gas station, yes. I tried to balance them a bit so they fit what you might expect - for example, you get less money in general for visiting the church than you would, say, the movie theatre or the club. You wind up with 'inferior' areas by doing this, of course, but I don't think that will stop players who are looking for specific animations.
musical74 Wrote:NOW I see the *Resist is tied to STR* - I'll blame it on not paying attention
Regarding Mindy, there's a glitch of sorts. I've seen her say something, VERY quickly, but it goes back to the normal stuff too quick to see what it is. It IS something different though, because I've seen something about $1,000 and something else as well. Are you planning on expanding what Mindy says and how much she has for sale?
Seen all the beasts that I can (can't see the HardBeast), each is funny in their own way!
I'm not sure which of the three abilities is best to choose for *one in 5 chance to update*. Each one has pros and cons, but one of the pros for INT at the library makes me think about having it for the update...
Best STR: Soo beating up a would-be mugger
Best CHR/INT = Library, for different reasons
I had the hardest time with STR for getting everything, but I like each of the routes!
- In fairness, I didn't widely advertise which stat does which, so not knowing that Str is tied to Resist is hardly a sin.
- Hm. I'll look into bit on Mindy's text. Not sure what you mean. And yes, I'll be expanding what she has for sale.
- I'd personally say Charisma is the most profitable one to choose overall, hence introducing the random animations that bring more variety. You can beat them game with any of the three, of course. And yes, I very much enjoyed animating Soo beating the shite out of that guy.
Jespee Wrote:Fantastic work and you have exceptionally great dialogue! You need more exposure though. Post some of your animations as gifs on HentaiFoundry and pixiv. You're sure to draw a crowd full of penises and vaginas and if I've learned anything from your game it's that with penises and vaginas comes money!
Yes, I've considered both of those places, as well as Newgrounds. I just hate advertising so I've been putting it off. (I also feel obliged to respond to as many comments as I can, as this post may indicate, so the more places I have to check = the more significant the drain on my time.)
That said, if anyone reading this likes collecting internet points for posting random animations on sexy image boards, they are more than welcome to tackle Soo Cubus.