Play with Us! Episode 1

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Play with Us! Episode 1

Postby palmer_aif » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:41 am

Episode 1 of Play with Us! is our first attempt at combining the genre of visual novels with more interactive sex scenes than is usually seen in these types of games. Due to the complexity of the game, we've focused on developing almost a proof of concept in this episode, meaning it's shorter than we'd like and contains less focus on character development. However, all progress made from each episode is saved and continued in the next release. We hope to be able to continue working on the series and deliver longer, more complex episodes with deeper branching story lines. The game is of course uncensored. Hope you enjoy it!

Play online here: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/672374

palmer_aif

Re: Play with Us! Episode 1

Postby UnsungHero » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:30 pm

I think the night scene would work better if you had the option to wake her and she turns over to let you have sex with her since ya know ... lover sneaks in at night would probably appeal to her

really cause the night scene kinda defeats the point. You spend the game being nice to Emma then you molest her.

I guess it would work if you could be jerk to her and sneak into her house later but since the only way into her house is being nice... its like mixed signals here

that said

Pretty good start... though didn't take you a chapter to get to the incest :P
UnsungHero

Postby scolexxx » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:26 pm

This is great! The interactive sex scenes are very well done and the art is great, will definitely be keeping an eye on this!

Tumblr devblog: scolexxxgames.tumblr.com
scolexxx

Postby peanut2s » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:34 am

Right off the bat I can already see one simple but major problem. The game is in the format of a virtual novel, yet you're writing it like a book. Those "I asked" "she said" aren't really necessary if we can already get that information from the dialogue box, and it really takes away from the...uh, immersion? You can't really get into the story when you're constantly hopping between speaking the dialogue and narrating it. Also, as others have said before, the night scene really defeats the purpose of you being nice to the girl the whole game, although it might also be something you're setting up for the next episode? Other than those, the art style is pretty good and the scenes are well done. Keep up the good work.
peanut2s
Newly Registered

Postby Biles » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:05 pm

Visiting the site, it seems this game isn't flash but a unity3D format. In which case I think this thread should be moved to the non-flash section of this forum.
Need some basic Flash character animations? Then stop by at:
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby UnsungHero » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:33 pm

apparently the Demo for episode 2 is out
UnsungHero

Postby Kumokumo » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:00 am

actually pretty good, i'm not usually into these kinda games because they're so impersonal, but you combined the two genres quite well, and the 3D is a nice touch too :)
" V o d k a m e a n s w a t e r i n R u s s i a n "
Kumokumo

Postby greendude » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:16 am

UnsungHero Wrote:apparently the Demo for episode 2 is out

Really? Where can it be found?
greendude

Postby Firefall » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:00 am

Enjoyed the game, but the rapey, sleep sex thing seems like it'd fit better at the end of the hostile ending more than the "good" ending where you seduce her. I dunno, just seemed a little odd, "Yeah, I convinced my friend to be my girlfriend and she gave me a blowjob, time to wait til she falls asleep and rape her!" Feels weird.
Firefall

Postby UnsungHero » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:31 am

greendude Wrote:
UnsungHero Wrote:apparently the Demo for episode 2 is out

Really? Where can it be found?

http://love-joint-games.com/PWU_ep2_demo/WPG/ Here you go... Just a warning though turn off the flash
and prepare for a good wait the SHOWER MINI TAKES FOREVER!

Firefall Wrote:Enjoyed the game, but the rapey, sleep sex thing seems like it'd fit better at the end of the hostile ending more than the "good" ending where you seduce her. I dunno, just seemed a little odd, "Yeah, I convinced my friend to be my girlfriend and she gave me a blowjob, time to wait til she falls asleep and rape her!" Feels weird.

Oddly enough this is the most complained about aspect of episode 1.

Apparently based on how part 2 goes... well
UnsungHero

Postby killyspec » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:35 am

So, is there an ETA for ep2? Played the demo and it was quite lovely. Looking forward to more.
killyspec

Postby palmer_aif » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:58 am

killyspec Wrote:So, is there an ETA for ep2? Played the demo and it was quite lovely. Looking forward to more.

Ep2 is very close to completion and we're about to send it out to testers. Then Demo 2 will be available for free. After a while we will of course release the full game for free.

All the best,
Palmer
palmer_aif

Return to Flash Projects