Stuttering FLV issue

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Stuttering FLV issue

Postby Purplemantis » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:19 pm

Hey there guys. I feel kinda bad, I only seem to come here when I have a technical problem :(

But someone more knowledgeable then me always seems to have the best solution, can you blame me?

So here's a commission I'm close to finishing up. If you know me then you know I use FLV's instead of working from scratch in flash. And my issue is with two areas specifically.

The way this "game" works, is that the player has four loops they can view, each with a climax scene. They have the option to climax on each of the first 3 loops which docks them a point from their energy each time (see lower left). However, they also have the option NOT to climax on any of them and save the point(s) they get each time they advance to the next loop. When they get to the fourth and final loop one of two things can happen: If they blew their load early on loops 1-3, they only get access to a single climax scene for the fourth one, at which point they have no choice but to start over. If they have a maxxed out bar though, they can keep hitting climax to continuously cycle through two climax scenes until they've had their fun. All that business works the way it should.

The issue I'm having is that when you get to the BONUS version of the fourth loop, the video stutters for a second then plays normally. Then when you then loop back to the very first loop, it stutters as well for a second then plays normally. This does not occur if the player has already spent a climax point and goes to the normal 4th loop, but either way the 1st loops still stutters when you loop back.

This makes me think that either the issue is with the videos themselves, or perhaps the script that I have for the navigation? I've got no clue.
Attachments
Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

chunli_loader test.swf [ 13.09 MiB | Viewed 2067 times ]

Purplemantis

Re: Stuttering FLV issue

Postby Purplemantis » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:39 am

I suppose it would help if the FLA was attached too.
Attachments
chunli_loader test.fla
(43 MiB) Downloaded 49 times
Purplemantis

Return to Flash Projects