Humbird0's Editor: Pokemon: Rocket Girl

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which pokemon should be her companion?

Poliwag, starts shy but gain assurance as he grows.
11%
Gastly, can move objects and manipulate people around.
37%
Ditto, she tries to make him do bad stuff, but it turns against her.
32%
Psyduck, same as Ditto but with psychic power instead of morphing.
10%
Someone disguised as a pokemon.
10%

Total votes : 180

Humbird0's Editor: Pokemon: Rocket Girl

Postby BobbyGecko » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:20 am

Hi, guys!

After playing Humbird0's pokemon game, I was wondering if I could add some scenes to it, I had the feeling that it could be more dense.
I thought I could post a fanmade update, but after playing a bit with the editor, I went on making a "different" game.

Why this boring introduction? Because it may help you to understand how I want this game to be built.
Basically, you will follow the protagonist of Humbird0's game, and participate in some scenes occuring in the original game.
Obviously, some events will be completely separated, but the point is to make a game in which, if you pay attention, you'll notice some details that develop some points of Humbird0's pokemon game story, unofficially, of course.
The gameplay will be more minigame/scene oriented but I also want to include pokemon battles.
To sum up, I want to make a fun, kinky (and weird) game that parodies a parody :D .

So here it is:
Last Update: 27/01/2016
https://mega.nz/#!GMhW0RzT!zc3CkNfubX_PwPNxRxeO7vRExIx9WJVbGbzf3YnYS4c bug fixed

Next Update:
-Make events on the road to viridian
-Maybe other events in pallet town
-Rocket Girl must get her first pokemon!
-Change the opening screen
-Remove unused resources

More:
The protagonist
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Well, as a protagonist, I thought it could be nice to play as Jessie, James or Meowth, alternatively or together, but I wanted someone who was greedy and naive, and it struck me, there's already a character like that in Humbird0's Babysitter's club 2: Shelly, so I decided to go with her, I also liked the idea of connecting these games, by the characters and gameplay, which is a oriented on minigames and small quests and pokemon battles. (Also I already had the sprites, some might say lazy...they would be right :roll: ). I think I'll develop her story later but I already have some ideas about that.

Why an alternative story?

I just don't like mapping ;)

Seriously, I don't really have imagination so I thought I could develop that by following an already advanced story and just add things here and there. But also practice by developping points that differs from the original story (Shelly's story and personnality, for example)

If you want to help

Well, to be fair, I'll take everything:
-An artist would be the best of the best, I guess I can do without but pictures are really like the switzerland flag: a big plus.
-Comments about issues and bugs, typos, ideas, opinions, everything that could help the game to be better.
-Everything else, sound, sprites, swfs, even scenes, I might have to check on them (of course, I will list the changes and ask you if you're ok with them).
-And, obviously, answers to the questions below.

Questions for you, guys:
Here, I will post some questions on points that I kinda block on or make me hesitate, so if you like this game and want to influence it's developpement, it's right there.
#1:What could be Shelly's first pokemon?
Last edited by BobbyGecko on Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BobbyGecko

Re: Humbird0's Editor: Pokemon: Rocket Girl

Postby kotaro » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:31 pm

Too little for evaluation. But I liked the idea. I'll wait for the next update.
kotaro
Newly Registered

Postby Dead2112man » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:01 pm

Alrighty then, Interresting Idea, definatly a game to play after or along side of Humbird0's version but not before hand. So decided to bug test it for you, and well pretty good except for two things.
One, you can endlessly buy the Rattata suit even after you bought one
And two, If for some reason you due the Oaktalk scene in the Rattata suit, you are magically morphed back into your rocket suit when you leave the building.
Good luck to creating your game.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby geist » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:34 pm

If i have time between the other 4 bajillion things i have on my to do list, i would more than willing to help with spriting ;P
geist

Postby zirpcev » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:16 pm

If you're thinking about what pokemon Kara should get, the first that come to mind are Ditto, Jigglypuff, and Hypno. All have interesting effects that could make fun scenes.

Also, I like the crawl sprite.
zirpcev

Postby Krysee » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:31 am

Shelly is a greedy, so she would probably "bond" best with a Pokemon who has Covet, and at least one evolution to make her Starter Pokemon likely to be one of her Endgame Pokemon.

Mankey is a Fighting type, has Covet and Leer at level 1, and evolves into Primeape. In fact, Mankey is only one of two pokemon that gets Covet at level 1, the other being Teddiursa, which is just too stupidly cute to be a Team Rocket pokemon. Most others have to wait for level 20-30, and even Espurr doesn't get it until level 5.

I could see quite a lot of sex-pun interactions going on with Mankey. Considering Mankey isn't really a "popular" Pokemon, but definitely a useful one especially at lower levels, and given the average Mankey's temperament ... yeah, I'd pick Mankey for Shelly's first pokemon. She could even be embarrassed that she doesn't have a "cool" or "cute" Pokemon and she could even be teased relentlessly by other Rockets about it.

Rattata is also a good pick, and it can learn TM48, Thief. Considering you've already got her "introduced" to one, it could be a good side-starter as well.

I really like what you've got started so far, and I'd like to see more.
Krysee
Newly Registered

Postby Dead2112man » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:59 am

Krysee Wrote:Mankey is a Fighting type, has Covet and Leer at level 1, and evolves into Primeape. In fact, Mankey is one of two pokemon that gets Covet at level 1, the other being Teddiursa, which is just too stupidly cute to be a Team Rocket pokemon. Most others have to wait for level 20-30, and even Espurr doesn't get it until level 5.
Rattata is also a good pick, and it can learn TM48, Thief.

Yea, great good idea, but let see here, the game is set in a gen 1 like area, so only Mankey and Rattata are possible pokemon for what you are thinking. And then lets see, oh yea, in gen 1 TM48 is Rock Slide. and also, if for let say this all gen one moves inclusive, then Covert wouldn't exist yet.
I know, and this might sound ironic consider comsidering she is part of team Rocket. But what other pokemon would be the best bet, but Meowth, why as you pointed out, see is greedy, and what pokemon can create money while fighting, Meowth with PayDay. But lets just have it be a regular horny or not Meowth, not a talking one, for talking Meowth's can't learn PayDay.
But hey, that's just my thought.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby BobbyGecko » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:01 am

Dead2112man Wrote:Alrighty then, Interresting Idea, definatly a game to play after or along side of Humbird0's version but not before hand. So decided to bug test it for you, and well pretty good except for two things.
One, you can endlessly buy the Rattata suit even after you bought one
And two, If for some reason you due the Oaktalk scene in the Rattata suit, you are magically morphed back into your rocket suit when you leave the building.
Good luck to creating your game.

Thanks, I fixed it, I'll reupload soon.

zirpcev Wrote:If you're thinking about what pokemon Kara should get, the first that come to mind are Ditto, Jigglypuff, and Hypno. All have interesting effects that could make fun scenes.

Also, I like the crawl sprite.

I had some of those ideas: jigglypuff is kinda already taken by redhood in Humbird0's game, I'm afraid hypno scenes will always be the same, but he will definitely make an appearance. As for Ditto, it's quite possible, he could be dimwitted and Shelly could try to setup plans which will backfire.
Krysee Wrote:Shelly is a greedy, so she would probably "bond" best with a Pokemon who has Covet, and at least one evolution to make her Starter Pokemon likely to be one of her Endgame Pokemon.

Mankey is a Fighting type, has Covet and Leer at level 1, and evolves into Primeape. In fact, Mankey is only one of two pokemon that gets Covet at level 1, the other being Teddiursa, which is just too stupidly cute to be a Team Rocket pokemon. Most others have to wait for level 20-30, and even Espurr doesn't get it until level 5.

I could see quite a lot of sex-pun interactions going on with Mankey. Considering Mankey isn't really a "popular" Pokemon, but definitely a useful one especially at lower levels, and given the average Mankey's temperament ... yeah, I'd pick Mankey for Shelly's first pokemon. She could even be embarrassed that she doesn't have a "cool" or "cute" Pokemon and she could even be teased relentlessly by other Rockets about it.

Rattata is also a good pick, and it can learn TM48, Thief. Considering you've already got her "introduced" to one, it could be a good side-starter as well.

Mankey could do, he could have some outburst of anger or horniness, and she could have some problems, as you say, regarding her popularity. However, I don't think Rattata's characteristics will fit, I think it is more of a basic pokemon with no particular trait.
Dead2112man Wrote:Yea, great good idea, but let see here, the game is set in a gen 1 like area, so only Mankey and Rattata are possible pokemon for what you are thinking. And then lets see, oh yea, in gen 1 TM48 is Rock Slide. and also, if for let say this all gen one moves inclusive, then Covert wouldn't exist yet.
I know, and this might sound ironic consider comsidering she is part of team Rocket. But what other pokemon would be the best bet, but Meowth, why as you pointed out, see is greedy, and what pokemon can create money while fighting, Meowth with PayDay. But lets just have it be a regular horny or not Meowth, not a talking one, for talking Meowth's can't learn PayDay.
But hey, that's just my thought.

I already thought about pokemon assignated to her, as she is supposed to be the average rocket grunt, she might have pokemons like zubat, koffing, ekans... But meowth is associated not really used by them, and it's kind off Jessie and James signature, although the idea of Payday could be good on a minigame where you guide Shelly by throwing coins around, and don't think I can use it in a lot of situations.
BobbyGecko

Postby BobbyGecko » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:02 pm

I made a poll to decide which pokemon Shelly could travel with.
I selected some of them based on what they could bring up:

-Poliwag will be like a "better" Mankey, he won't be aggressive/horny right away, but will grow and eventually enjoy his trainer. He will also be able to make her fall asleep. The counterpart he is more "popular" that mankey, which could have led to some interesting situations.

-Gastly will be the classical mischieving pokemon who will move objects or manipulate people/pokemon to trap Shelly. The others alternatives would've been abra or drowzee, but Gastly is more "rocket like".

-Ditto could also be nice, he will not be ill intentioned but Shelly will ask him to transform in order to scheme people to get money (which will of course turn up against her).

-Psyduck will be like Ditto but with the powers of Gastly (some outburst of power/horniness may occur, like in the anime).

-Someone in a pokemon suit: that idea popped up while I was thinking about this and it kinda stuck. I don't know exactly what I can do with this, if it will be a women, a girl, a kid, a man, someone she knows... but I believe it could be really, really fun.
BobbyGecko

Postby PrinceShadoon » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:58 am

Ever since that chapter with Duplica in the anime, i have a soft spot for ditto
PrinceShadoon
Newly Registered

Postby zirpcev » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:12 pm

I didn't vote for it, but the "person in a pokemon suit" really cracked me up.
zirpcev

Postby Elaymidoray » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:51 pm

This is my own personal two cents, and no one is required to give it the time of day.

Clearly, Ghastly is the best choice. It's a fun, mischievous pokemon that is well made. The personality is only loosely developed, with very little being set in stone, allowing great flexibility. It evolves twice, allowing for it to stay useful the whole time. Finally, it is a ghost type pokemon, with their infamous immunities. Shelly (as I understand her character) likes to leap on any advantage she can get. Well, many pokemon in the beginning are possessing of normal type moves, giving her a (percieved) advantage.

As an aside comment, Ghastly might occasionally attract other ghost pokemon to play tricks on her as well every now and then. Also, Ghastly is one of my favorites. *shifty eyes*
Elaymidoray

Postby kotaro » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:05 pm

How is the progress of the development of the game. When can we expect the next update?
kotaro
Newly Registered

Postby m3rchant » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:03 am

A small idea for how Shelly finds her starter pokemon, (not sure it works for psyduck or the human in costume.)

After breaking and entering into Ash's Mom's house, Shelly is surprised to find herself being invited directly into Mrs. Ketchum's bedroom. Seeing this as an opportunity to steal anything not nailed down, however, Shelly quickly flies up the stairs only to find the door is locked. Upon returning back down stairs, the conversation goes as such;
Shelly: "Hey crazy lady! Where's the key to your room?"
Mrs. Ketchum: "Oh shoot, I forgot! I hid it outside the house in the tall grass! Would you mind finding it for me?"
Shelly: "What!? You mean I have to do actual work before I can rob you bli- I mean see your room?"
Mrs. K: "Oh, trust me. It'll be well worth it!"
Shelly: "Okay fine, whatever. (you better have some expensive jewelry, lady!)"
(Later, in the tall grass...)
Shelly: "Ugh, what am I even doing here? It's to dark to see anything... Oh, hey! A pokeball!"
(Pokeball moves)
Shelly: "Hey! Get back here!"
(Shelly lunges at the pokeball, the pokeball rolls between Shelly's legs, and... I'm sure you can come up with your own scene here.)
If it exists, I have it for sale! If it doesn't exist, I probably have it for sale!
m3rchant

Postby Elaymidoray » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:37 am

m3rchant Wrote:A small idea for how Shelly finds her starter pokemon, (not sure it works for psyduck or the human in costume.)

After breaking and entering into Ash's Mom's house, Shelly is surprised to find herself being invited directly into Mrs. Ketchum's bedroom. Seeing this as an opportunity to steal anything not nailed down, however, Shelly quickly flies up the stairs only to find the door is locked. Upon returning back down stairs, the conversation goes as such;
Shelly: "Hey crazy lady! Where's the key to your room?"
Mrs. Ketchum: "Oh shoot, I forgot! I hid it outside the house in the tall grass! Would you mind finding it for me?"
Shelly: "What!? You mean I have to do actual work before I can rob you bli- I mean see your room?"
Mrs. K: "Oh, trust me. It'll be well worth it!"
Shelly: "Okay fine, whatever. (you better have some expensive jewelry, lady!)"
(Later, in the tall grass...)
Shelly: "Ugh, what am I even doing here? It's to dark to see anything... Oh, hey! A pokeball!"
(Pokeball moves)
Shelly: "Hey! Get back here!"
(Shelly lunges at the pokeball, the pokeball rolls between Shelly's legs, and... I'm sure you can come up with your own scene here.)

First, I like this idea and I'm happy to be a part of it.

Second, I know that quote (your signature) but I can't remember where it's from.
Elaymidoray

Postby m3rchant » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:56 am

Elaymidoray Wrote:I know that quote (your signature) but I can't remember where it's from.

A long, long, LONG time ago, I wrote a short story. In that story was someone simply known as the merchent, (I didn't know how to spell back then,) who was seemingly everywhere and used that as his motto. I doubt that's it, though, unless your into searching through '90s websites for amateur writers.
If it exists, I have it for sale! If it doesn't exist, I probably have it for sale!
m3rchant

Postby xeragoth » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:01 am

How do i put the ratata suit on i dont have it on items?

nvm i found it but i think you should add a reason to do that or to be able to change in ash house but the scene was awesome but i think someone else beside ash should help since he already left but the other part is perfect i truly love the detail of the ratata when is humping her i hope you add more
xeragoth

Postby Elaymidoray » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:21 am

m3rchant Wrote:
Elaymidoray Wrote:I know that quote (your signature) but I can't remember where it's from.

A long, long, LONG time ago, I wrote a short story. In that story was someone simply known as the merchent, (I didn't know how to spell back then,) who was seemingly everywhere and used that as his motto. I doubt that's it, though, unless your into searching through '90s websites for amateur writers.

Actually, to be perfectly honest, I believe I saw it in a game somewhere, so someone else might have stolen thine quote good (sir/ma'am?)
Elaymidoray

Postby RandomGuy2599 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:08 am

xeragoth Wrote:How do i put the ratata suit on i dont have it on items?

nvm i found it but i think you should add a reason to do that or to be able to change in ash house but the scene was awesome but i think someone else beside ash should help since he already left but the other part is perfect i truly love the detail of the ratata when is humping her i hope you add more

What scene? I can't find it, I got the suit though.
RandomGuy2599

Return to Flash Projects