Postby napala » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:05 pm

Guten tag Gorepeat, what masterpiece do you have for us toda-
oh.

Zis is gonna be good.
:P
napala

Re: Geistmärchen

Postby Ayeka » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:19 pm

Sometimes text in this opening go forward without player pushing enter.
Ayeka

Postby Nobudi » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:22 pm

Guten Tag GoRe.
Nobudi

Postby Gidshri » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:03 pm

Wow! New game from GoRepeat so fast! Can't wait to see what it will be eventually! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen:
Gidshri

Postby vaevictus » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:02 am

Awww yiss...
vaevictus

Location: longitude: 179° 56′ 39.4″ /// latitude: +0° 2′ 46.2″ /// distance: 7,940 ± 420 parsecs

Postby RunningAroundInCircles » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:37 pm

Wow, lookin' great!

As a big fan of your work I don't mean to nag and I'm allways happy to see my native language being used in works of art, I am, however, pretty pissed on a regular basis because in most of these works there are mistakes that could easily have been avoided if somebody had asked a native speaker.
German builds its composita not by just lumping words together as some languages (like english) do, but uses binding forms that have wide and seemingly unpredictable patterns and are thus terribly hard to learn. That being said, "Geistmärchen" might be accepted in some dialects, the form that will be accepted by all (middle (upper high german would be -el/le instead of -chen )) high german native speakers is "Geistermärchen".

Again: This is not about you making a mistake, it's just the accumulated anger of years of exposure to bad research (that could have been done by a very short and easy question).

I hope to see more of it soon. (Of the game that is, not bad grammar in prominent positions. :mrgreen: )
I NEVER run against walls.
RunningAroundInCircles

Postby Blacky » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:47 pm

RunningAroundInCircles Wrote:That being said, "Geistmärchen" might be accepted in some dialects, the form that will be accepted by all (middle (upper high german would be -el/le instead of -chen )) high german native speakers is "Geistermärchen".

That depends on the meaning that was supposed to be expressed. Since Geister is plural it changes the meaning of the original title. Geistmärchen is, though unusual, correct if the meaning was supposed to be "a fairytale about one ghost" and yes german is complicated :)
Blacky
Newly Registered

Postby Shadoon » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:36 am

This one looks pretty nice, can't wait to see how it develops
Shadoon

Postby RunningAroundInCircles » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:17 am

Blacky Wrote:
RunningAroundInCircles Wrote:That being said, "Geistmärchen" might be accepted in some dialects, the form that will be accepted by all (middle (upper high german would be -el/le instead of -chen )) high german native speakers is "Geistermärchen".

That depends on the meaning that was supposed to be expressed. Since Geister is plural it changes the meaning of the original title. Geistmärchen is, though unusual, correct if the meaning was supposed to be "a fairytale about one ghost" and yes german is complicated :)

I see where you're going but: no. "Geistermärchen" contains nothing about the number of ghosts in the same way as "Sonnenschein" (sun shine) doesn't say anything about the number of suns. These forms are no plural but are related to old high german genetives and are relicts in the modern language. Or to give a more related to the subject example: "Geistergeschichte" (ghost story).

Of course there are some that are true plural as "Ränkeschmieden" but the very most cases with ambiguity about plural/genitive are usually genitive and only rarely interpret as plural.

Also, German isn't really complicated. In fact, if you look of the number of rules you have to master in order to speak a language to a grade it would be considered as "really good", English is a lot more complicated than German or most other languages. (English has a lot of exceptions that arised from the vanishing case system and stuff.) But that's unrelated to the game and should only be discussed in private if you have a lot of time and speak at least 5 languages additionally to English and German for a comparative purpose.
I NEVER run against walls.
RunningAroundInCircles

Postby blackcore11 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:51 am

oh, this is gonna be good.
blackcore11

Postby Zatheus » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:15 am

Another game by GoRepeat???!!!

Zatheus

Postby Kurushimi » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:50 pm

Es ist gut! Ich mag.

If/when you decide to have a lengthier discussion about the semantics of the title, please invite me.

I rather do like this. It does bother me slightly that some parts of the scene progress without user input, and some do. The inconsistency made me have to restart it four times to see the entire text. Especially in a longer intro, that gets tedious.

I always find myself enjoying your work, GoRepeat. I look forward to seeing more.
Kurushimi

Postby Karasu.Studio » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:14 am

OMG

*HEAVY BREATHING*

*MUCH HEAVY BREATHING LATER*

Wow I'm early.
Karasu.Studio
Newly Registered

Postby GoRepeat » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:10 am

Kurushimi Wrote:Es ist gut! Ich mag.

If/when you decide to have a lengthier discussion about the semantics of the title, please invite me.

I rather do like this. It does bother me slightly that some parts of the scene progress without user input, and some do. The inconsistency made me have to restart it four times to see the entire text. Especially in a longer intro, that gets tedious.

I always find myself enjoying your work, GoRepeat. I look forward to seeing more.

That is easy enough to fix; I actually had the auto continue text there by design; if people think its annoying I can flip it off. And the title isn't supposed to be grammatically correct, more of an English gairaigo of German.
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby nizagam » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:09 pm

For me as a native German speaker it’s very funny to read all the German sentences XD.

I’m super exited to see more of this game. Weiter so GoRe!
nizagam

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:41 am

...Reincarnation of Dusty?
But wait, as a ghost pokemon, she was actually never a real ghost
Although maybe she was, I don't fucking know.

Whatever

SEEMS INTERESTING.

Sour aboot yellow light cockblock but again

WHATEVER
Lucky777

Postby DeadDarknesS » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:31 am

yes yes yes yes another game from Gorepeat :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen:
DeadDarknesS
Newly Registered

Postby GoRepeat » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:29 pm

Lucky777 Wrote:Sour aboot yellow light cockblock but again

I don't understand this sentence!
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby napala » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:22 pm

GoRepeat Wrote:
Lucky777 Wrote:Sour aboot yellow light cockblock but again

I don't understand this sentence!

I'm sour about that yellow flash of light cockblocking Eva, but again, whatever...

In other words...
DAMN YOU YELLOW LIGHT, I WAS WATCHING THAT!
napala

Next

Return to GoRepeat's One Stop Shop