Flash animations (06-06-16)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Keep both or focus on only one?

Focus only on one.
44%
Focus on both.
20%
I like buttons!
37%

Total votes : 199

Re: Flash animations (1-2-16)

Postby Jumbo70 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:15 pm

AcetheSuperVillain Wrote:Are you using construction shapes when drawing frames? When I did spritey animations, I found it incredibly helpful to draw a kind of thick stick figure first to test the motion and then draw the character details on top of it. To be fair, I've never tried to animate something that was not sprites or 3D.

Im not using really anything when i do the frames, you can see at the start and at the end shapes without any expression, those are what i started with. but tbh i think i might be doing this the wrong way, i think i should have done something like the first frame and then the last frame. then keep adding frames where needed in my opinion. like ive done with the loop project.

Also since the file is touching its 2mb milestone, i believe a preloader or something could be in order slowly or perhaps a simple play/pause slider thingy or something.
How in the heck do i do that?
Jumbo70

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:00 am

Jumbo70 Wrote:
AcetheSuperVillain Wrote:Are you using construction shapes when drawing frames? When I did spritey animations, I found it incredibly helpful to draw a kind of thick stick figure first to test the motion and then draw the character details on top of it. To be fair, I've never tried to animate something that was not sprites or 3D.

Im not using really anything when i do the frames, you can see at the start and at the end shapes without any expression, those are what i started with. but tbh i think i might be doing this the wrong way, i think i should have done something like the first frame and then the last frame. then keep adding frames where needed in my opinion. like ive done with the loop project.

Also since the file is touching its 2mb milestone, i believe a preloader or something could be in order slowly or perhaps a simple play/pause slider thingy or something.
How in the heck do i do that?

In the old days, you could download a NewGrounds preloader and just pop it at the beginning of your video, if you feel any affiliation with them. I haven't checked for a long time, but I assume NG still offers this. There are also a lot of tutorials on how to create preloaders.

For an animation slider, it's a little hard to explain but easy enough to do, you do an equation that converts the leftmost point of the slider to 0%, the rightmost point of the slider to 100% and the first frame of animation is 0% and the last frame of animation is 100%, so when you click the slider, the animation plays the frame related to where the user clicked on the slider. So if the slider is 500 pixels long, and the animation is 15 frames long, and the user clicks on the slider at 243 pixels from the left edge, you do gotoAndStop(uint(243/500*15)); but as variables. I don't know how much programming background you have. There might also be some built-in sliders that you can use, I think Flash has a few things like that.
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby Jumbo70 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:19 pm

AcetheSuperVillain Wrote:In the old days, you could download a NewGrounds preloader and just pop it at the beginning of your video, if you feel any affiliation with them. I haven't checked for a long time, but I assume NG still offers this. There are also a lot of tutorials on how to create preloaders.

For an animation slider, it's a little hard to explain but easy enough to do, you do an equation that converts the leftmost point of the slider to 0%, the rightmost point of the slider to 100% and the first frame of animation is 0% and the last frame of animation is 100%, so when you click the slider, the animation plays the frame related to where the user clicked on the slider. So if the slider is 500 pixels long, and the animation is 15 frames long, and the user clicks on the slider at 243 pixels from the left edge, you do gotoAndStop(uint(243/500*15)); but as variables. I don't know how much programming background you have. There might also be some built-in sliders that you can use, I think Flash has a few things like that.

well my programming background in flash is that i know how i can add a new frame and i know that if i press the combination ctrl + enter it starts it as it would show up on the website :D thats about it. im not planning on using alot of time for the preloader so a copypaste something would work just fine for me, im only thinking about the people here. ofc later when the file starts to get really beefy then it would be time for a proper preloader. il look into the flash own sliders. i just need something simple and easy to use, nothing fancy.
Jumbo70

Re: Flash animations (10-12-15)

Postby someone_unkown » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:26 pm

Jumbo70 Wrote:testy
test.swf

Looks nice so far man
"Only embers remain..."
someone_unkown

Re: Flash animations (10-12-15)

Postby Jumbo70 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:12 pm

someone_unkown Wrote:
Jumbo70 Wrote:testy
test.swf

Looks nice so far man

Thanks!
happy you like ^^
Jumbo70

Postby Jumbo70 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:54 pm

I am slow and i get easily distracted but hey atleast theres a new frame
Jumbo70

Re: Flash animations (26-2-16)

Postby Jumbo70 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:52 pm

So ive wondered if i started the infinite flash the wrong way. i dont blame myself since its my first "serious" flash animation.
In the flash i made one frame and then i made the next frame. But i wonder if i should make the first frame and then the last frame, then keep adding stuff in the middle until i find it smooth enough. The last way that i started to think of recently and actually managed to create a small working loop(!!!!) with it and i found it very interesting. What i did was the full loop first as stick figures(not from the very start but from like frame 3 or so) and with those stick figures i created the phase and everything. after i was happy with the sticks, i added "flesh" around them.
The flash is not pretty as it was done in 2 hours and its 15 frames long (that means 30 pictures. first the stickmen and then the fleshed out men) but i find the result suprisingly good nevertheless.
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

FastLoop.swf [ 286.24 KiB | Viewed 2327 times ]

Jumbo70

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:42 pm

Nice ;)

By the way why do you redraw each frame - not making model and animating it ? :shock: ;)
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby Jumbo70 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:52 pm

Thank you!

The reason why i redraw every frame is because i need to teach myself to draw the same character multiple times. If i draw a character and then draw the same character in a different position, it wont look the same.
Btw if you need art for your projects, give me a message.
Jumbo70

Postby evildumdum » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:45 pm

I programme, but i'm limited by the fact i have the artistic talent of a squashed duck. If you want to collaborate and make a game then that would be brilliant.
"If at first you don't succeed, try hitting it with a shoe."

Coder for Code Bunny Studio's working AOB: Monster Rising
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7304
evildumdum

Postby Jumbo70 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:33 pm

duck.png
duck.png (4.39 KiB) Viewed 2313 times

Squashed ducks do have a certain appeal to them but if you feel the need. id like to help you, just pop me some information either here or in private what you need in more detail.
Jumbo70

Postby evildumdum » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:20 pm

I'm thinking along the lines of a meet and fuck, but the steriotypical ones bore me. You seem to like the furry art style and i'm a big fan of petgirls so I'm thinking the aim should be to charm, persuade and blackmail various girls into your own personal harem of pets. Think babysitting cream but with more girls and less micromanaging each girl. Main artwork requirements would be a few heroines in various poses and expressions, background and some x rated artwork. If that sounds like something you'd be interested in pm me and.
"If at first you don't succeed, try hitting it with a shoe."

Coder for Code Bunny Studio's working AOB: Monster Rising
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7304
evildumdum

Postby Jumbo70 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:54 pm

I just lost a great deal of information in my computer due to the smoke leaving my computer, which lead to that the computer did not work anymore. So i got a backup system up atm and trying my best to save as much as possible form my hdd's, tough i fear i will loose a lot of stuff. Will update once i have something to update.

EDIT: I know i lost all the flash files i've been working on since that ssd seem to have taken the greatest amount of damage together with the motherboard and cpu

So that in mind this project goes on hiatus until ive managed to gather a strong enough computer for some animation! Tough il have to start from srcatch and im not really in mood for that so il start with the next "scene" once i am able.

The next scene being:

Quote:
Try doing one where the "Damsel" is bent over(on a table or not, whichever would be easier for you) taking it from the behind(Anal or Vaginal, though I suppose that doesn't matter, heh heh), but the camera is positioned in front of her head(maybe sucking on a dick as well, your choice if you want to do it). Wanna see how you are with "Depth of field" type stuff.

I will also change a little how i animate, dont worry it will stay as frame by frame but the process will change to something hopefully better and easier to comprehend on my end (dunno if that makes any sense).
Jumbo70

Re: Flash animations (02-05-16)

Postby Jumbo70 » Mon May 02, 2016 8:36 pm

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Lil.jpg

Check the first page.

Doing little something something with this one to kickstart my animations again :)
Jumbo70

Re: Flash animations (02-05-16)

Postby someone_unkown » Mon May 02, 2016 9:16 pm

Looks aight so far, I wish you the best of luck with this man.
"Only embers remain..."
someone_unkown

Re: Flash animations (04-05-16)

Postby Jumbo70 » Wed May 04, 2016 7:25 pm

someone_unkown Wrote:Looks aight so far, I wish you the best of luck with this man.

Thanks man!

Hello!

-Added more details to the frames i have on the short new loop.
-Will start to make fine lines once ive roughly doubled the amount of frames the loop has.

Please comment how you think the loop looks like, should i change something in it? or continue with it as it is?
Jumbo70

Re: Flash animations (04-05-16)

Postby Troopage » Wed May 04, 2016 8:58 pm

I believe you should continue as is. The loop seems to be in line with how animation processes usually go. Great job!
Troopage

Re: Flash animations (09-05-16)

Postby Jumbo70 » Mon May 09, 2016 8:02 pm

UPDATED!
I doubled the amount of frames from 8 to 16 on the new loop. Still thinking if i should double the amount of frames one more time before starting to ink the frames. either way. Next up is adding a proper face for every frame.
Jumbo70

Re: Flash animations (19-05-16)

Postby Jumbo70 » Thu May 19, 2016 9:59 pm

A small update!

-Third animation
Changed the face so that it has a bit of expression, might still do adjustments to it later but for now it suits my needs
Next comes hair and ears for the rest of the frames, after that probably double the amount of frames on the animation, to make it even smoother.
Jumbo70

Re: Flash animations (22-05-16)

Postby Jumbo70 » Sat May 21, 2016 11:22 pm

Update!
-Third animation
Added most of the hair to the loop. Hair is a pain in the ass to animate damn!
its not perfect yet but its something where it will be good to continue from.
Will make the rest of the hair and then lastly add the missing ears to the puzzle.

After that im not entierly sure what i will do.
either double the amount of frames again or refine the current lines to the final lines. Probably the former.

Also will fix the size changing boob if not in the next update then in the update after that.
Jumbo70

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects