The Eros Alliance PreAlpha 0.3.3 (March 25 2015)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

The Eros Alliance PreAlpha 0.3.3 (March 25 2015)

Postby CheeseHeadZombie » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:22 pm

Our game is called the Eros Alliance. We have a lot of ideas, one of them being better art work, for the game. We learned last time that we have to take things slowly and not just make a date to post something and rush to have it ready by then. We want a game that feels like an adventure like K fox and the magic sword and PUT but with role playing gameplay like the breeding season and the brothel sim. The game is set to be in a SciFi universe as we don't feel is has been done too much and it will give us the freedom to add anything we want and make the whole galaxy a place to travel through. Of course, its more of an idea then a game right now.

Focusing on adding small events with NPCs and speech options for the future. It will be similar to how the breeding season displays characters when talking to them, although we got the idea from fire emblem.

WE ADDED KRYSTAL TO THE GAME!

This version is adding interaction to the game like testing out different speech options and events. We also have a much better sex scene that we are just now working on. We are very excited to see if this will be a major focus on how we make the sex scences in the future. It will look similar to the MnF games so we hope people like it. And yes, it will be with Krystal.

-WASD - Move
-E - Enter Room
-F - Interact
-C - Exit text
-123 - Choose option
-USE [E] TO USE THE TERMINAL
-USE [R] FOR INVENTORY MENU
Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Eros.swf [ 544.15 KiB | Viewed 4047 times ]

WE HAVE NOT ADDED THE MONEY FOR THE SEX SCENE

Feel free to say anything about the game, good or bad, as we want to know what others think so they can enjoy the game as much as we enjoy working on it.

Whats New:
-KRYSTAL!
-2 new rooms
-Terminal travelling
-Game HUD Prototype
-Game HUD Location Tracking

Whats Included:
-5 Rooms
-Characters: Lucy, Commander, Assistant, Generic NPC, KRYSTAL!
-Interactions: Lucy Blowjob
-Moon Walking Bug-I mean feature!

Known Bugs:
-Fence in the foreground moves out of place when coming out of small room
-Krystal text showing up when using terminal.
-Commander's text brings up Assistant's text when talking

Our Blog
http://erosalliance.blogspot.com/
Last edited by CheeseHeadZombie on Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:18 am, edited 10 times in total.
CheeseHeadZombie
Newly Registered

Re: The Eros Alliance PreAlpha 0.0.2 (Oct 25 2015)

Postby Myuu » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:18 am

It's always great to see some brand new ideas (and some old ones) make it onto the LOK community's CREATIVE thread, and with a functioning alpha to boot!

1: The Concept

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

The Good: I do very much enjoy a good Sci-Fi adventure/free-roaming game, and all the more if I can fuck something in it! The setting definitely offers much in terms of the variety of races we may be able to see and acquaint ourselves with (sentient and non) and there's definitely space to throw in some fan-favorite races and cameos once you have the base game ready~

The Bad: While variety can make this game, it can also break this game. It's all a matter of control, both while developing the game and AFTER. Try and establish how many races, characters, and cameo characters (if any) you'll have in the game. Unless you plan on having one single room in which all cameo characters can be spawned, you will have to find a clever hiding place/sequence of events in which to place these characters. Cameos excluded, you don't want to burden your artist (BG, Character, and All-The-Fuck-Else) with having to come up with more than twenty seperate rooms, halls, streets, stores (etc) in which to place any overabundance of characters you've decided on. That is unless you have an entire team of artists on your side. In which case, go nuts!

Aiming high and riding the hype will make you feel great, right? So great you'll want to jump right into anything you're doing right now and get into coding/drawing, yeah? That would actually be a problem! DX

Plan out the time and effort you put into doing any activity so that you don't gain and LOSE that creative flow. Sure it seems like a great idea (and maybe it really is!) but you'll feel drained of any creativity once the high is over! Careful yo, this shit is fo real.

But, all of that aside, it's a really cool concept! Note me if you feel for pointers, dawg. (/._.)/

2- The Art

Character: While great for a base game, the design on the character won't work to it's benefit if you're looking to making the game appealing in a sexual way... which you sorta are. Proportions are off on the chest, the legs could use some scaling and remodeling, and I'd like you to focus more on the side-view aspect of the character. I really mean no offense to the artist (though all power to him if he half-assed it for the sake of a quick alpha!) but proportions are 'everything' when a person's trying to get off on a game about sex. I'd find it difficult to cum if I noticed a guys ass was cardboard-flat and a girl's breasts, no matter the size, were lopsided and asymmetrical. DX

Level Design: The level design works well, all things considered. There will be modifications and improvements required as you develop the game (such as fixing angles, adding shading, and adding this-thats that really give off a sci-fi mood) but these things will all come in due time!

BG: It's actually pretty spot-on! For a base game that is. (DX) It could definitely work in the finished game as well, but I'm sure some players will be put off by it's lackluster appearance. The shading leaves something to be desired, the placement of the planet/moon could be farther, and the towers themselves could use some detailing. All of this should be the least of you worries though! Focus should be placed on character design FIRST! People couldn't give a shit what the BG was or looked like if the characters were FLAMIN'! (Sexually, not literally!)

3: The Animation

It's pretty good, yo!

Non-Walking Animation Suggestions: Breathe life into the game (and character) by adding a few simple animations (idle animations, breathing animations, action animations, etc)

It can be done WAY down the line in development so don't worry about it (for the moment) but do keep it in mind.

4: Ideas

Well, I can't really offer much in terms of 'Ideas', but I will throw out the obvious 'Character Creation' idea out there. Sure it'll put more work down on the table for you and your team to do, but it can and WILL increase replayability immensely. I feel that it should be approached (if at all considered) early in designing you game as it'll cause fuck-all havoc on the game if you decide to add it last-minute.

DX

Alright, that concludes my little tid-bit! Hope I offered insight, rage, intrigue, embarrassment, happiness, or all of the above! God knows an appropriate game can't be made without approaching some (or several) subjects head-on!

Do keep in mind, my suggestions (if any) are MY suggestions. Whether or not you think they are good ideas and choose to follow them are your actions alone!
Myuu

Re: The Eros Alliance PreAlpha 0.0.2 (Oct 25 2015)

Postby CheeseHeadZombie » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:52 am

Wow Myuu thank you so much for your feedback! I really thought everything you pointed out was important and we really do appreciate it being positive. This is the most help we've had over deciding what direction we wanted to take based on peoples reactions.

I think the most important thing I took form it was what you had to say about the concept. We are going to start planning or goal of how we want this game to end up as and have all the game ideas based on that central goal. That way we know how big we want the rooms to be, locations, races, activities and interactions and then break those things apart so we know what to have for each update. We really should be more serious about planning before we jump into things.

The art for the game was made quickly just for the sake of a working alpha. Because Splinter is having to do everything as a one man team, he doesn't have the ability to put as much time into the art as he would like to. He wants to increase the art quality of the game but we both understand that we are very limited in our art skills to have the game please everyone's taste. We have a few ideas of how to work around this while we wait to hopefully one day add a real artist to our team. One thing we are thinking of is making the world a little smaller and more chibi-like to decrease the amount of time and effort needed to draw everything. Another would be change the viewing angle to make the game look like a Pokemon game although I'm not really up for that idea. I think it would be a good idea for exploring things outside of cities but not for being able to see the charachters and would detail. If we go with the chibi idea, we will almost definitely make the interactions with npcs like Fire Emblem. That way we don't have to pray that there are some people that get turned on by only a small chibi character But thanks to the planning tips you gave us, we should come to an agreement soon of how things are going to look for the next version. I would also like the main Character to look better as I know no one would get off on that so we will make sure to make it a priority.

Thanks for the compliments on the animations. I would also love to see small animations from the characters and the rooms as it would make the game feel more alive. Like you said, we don't want to ride the hype so this will definitely be on our list of things to add in the future.

And I cant believe we didn't think of adding character creation into the game. It would make help us so much in the long run and help us add more things such as clothing and deciding what the npcs get to wear but that will come in time. Splinter also loved the idea and said he would rework the code a little bit at a time before he has to start making big changes to the game. He told me he would not get it done for a while but will be added early enough before it messes with the game and the development.

Thank you for taking the time to check us out and letting us know what you honestly think about the game. I want you to know that we will be using your advise for the entire creation of this game. We have two or three more updates that are going to look like this as Splinter is trying to see how much work and time needs to be put into different parts of the game so that we can plan more efficiently. It should only take a a week or two but the updates after that will show some serious improvement. I cant wait to hear what you think of them!
CheeseHeadZombie
Newly Registered

Re: The Eros Alliance PreAlpha 0.1.4 (Dec 4 2015)

Postby VintageBass » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:27 pm

You know, maybe as a bit of friendly advice, but why not get some other posts in and increase it to where it'll be easier to edit things without having a mod approve it every single time. Also it'll help bring a little more attention to this.

I'll see what I can do to help out for this~
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby CheeseHeadZombie » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:07 am

VintageBass Wrote:You know, maybe as a bit of friendly advice, but why not get some other posts in and increase it to where it'll be easier to edit things without having a mod approve it every single time. Also it'll help bring a little more attention to this.

I'll see what I can do to help out for this~

Wow thanks and hmmm well I would really hate to turn down advice from anyone much less a moderator. I am very new to this so I'm just wondering if you really mean just adding a post like yours just now to add an update? I thought people did not like when others bump their own threads.
CheeseHeadZombie
Newly Registered

Postby VintageBass » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:25 am

I was thinking more or less going to the General section and getting posts in there since there are a few topics that you can put replies down to and bump up your post count. As for bumping, I would say a little here and there is fine by me, but it hasn't stopped a couple from doing it on their own things.

So yeah, that is what I was thinking, really. It's simple enough to do, and it can be over once someone gets those posts approved!
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby sniff3005 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:16 am

this looks like it has some great potential! keep up the good work!
sniff3005

Postby Lucky777 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:03 pm

Seems potentially awesome, even if the characters do seem slightly too chibi to be properly hot.

"Commander" has a kind of Lucrezia vibe in her hairstyle or something, and in addition to the Milf vibe she gives off it's fucking fantastic.

A shame there are no scenes as yet, and the game DOES seem to run rather slowly on my machine for some reason, but I'm interested.

... Also the 4th-wall breaking humour made me laugh a bit, so that's always a plus.
I gotta assume there'll be less breakage in the full game, but I like the sense of humour, so I'm hopeful about the future in that regard regardless.
It's the barest of starts, but I'll say it's a good one.

Well, good luck.
Lucky777

Re: The Eros Alliance PreAlpha 0.2.2 (March 4 2015)

Postby CheeseHeadZombie » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:29 am

So I'm making a bump to my post. VintageBass is a MOD and said its okay! I'll only do this if we take a long break from the game so we don't sink into older posts.

Thanks you Lucky777 for the input. Sorry for just passing it by but we haven't been back since December. I'm not surprised that the game runs slowly on other computers. Splinter said that the programming is very unorganized. Once we have actual scenes and gameplay he'll restart the game code from scratch and recycle the art assets. The art will also be reworked in the future but that's getting ahead of ourselves.
CheeseHeadZombie
Newly Registered

Re: The Eros Alliance PreAlpha 0.2.3 (March 12 2015)

Postby mgunter » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:27 pm

Talking to someone locks-up the game.
mgunter

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:32 am

Hello.

I like the art direction you have so far, but I have some complaints about the gameplay.

I have to use my left hand, so if it's WASD, I can't jerk to this game. It would be preferable to have an option to control the character with the right hand.

It is odd to have 3 different buttons to talk, use doors and end conversations. I'm used to years and years of playing Pokemon and Final Fantasy where one button does everything.

The text is really annoying. It's better to keep banter brief, and if you need exposition, it's better to have sex scenes first. Narrative hook, if you like.

While you are in the early stages, it would be good to put a little list on the game explanation to say how many sex scenes we should expect. When I start playing and just see a lot of text, I don't know if there's going to be any naked people at all, or how long I should try to find it. It's easy to just get discouraged and move on to someone else's game.

Hope to see more.
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby CheeseHeadZombie » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:16 am

AcetheSuperVillain Wrote:Hello.

I like the art direction you have so far, but I have some complaints about the gameplay.

I have to use my left hand, so if it's WASD, I can't jerk to this game. It would be preferable to have an option to control the character with the right hand.

It is odd to have 3 different buttons to talk, use doors and end conversations. I'm used to years and years of playing Pokemon and Final Fantasy where one button does everything.

The text is really annoying. It's better to keep banter brief, and if you need exposition, it's better to have sex scenes first. Narrative hook, if you like.

While you are in the early stages, it would be good to put a little list on the game explanation to say how many sex scenes we should expect. When I start playing and just see a lot of text, I don't know if there's going to be any naked people at all, or how long I should try to find it. It's easy to just get discouraged and move on to someone else's game.

Hope to see more.

I understand the controls pretty much suck. Because Splinter is new to this, he had to use three different buttons to avoid the wrong iterations and events from happening. Making almost everything ONE button is on the priority list but for the moment these controls are what we had to settle for.

As for your appreciation for the game, uhh I think most people use their right hand for that haha. We didn't really think about left handed people so now we are adding that to the list of things to add. Hopefully we can add an option for different controls.

As far as the text goes, we need to work on finding some middle ground for people who want to just jump straight in and fuck everything they see, and for the people who want more complex games with story and different characters similar to Akabur's trainer games. Maybe we sprinkle a few npcs that you can find all around the game who are open different sex options so that you can jack off straight away. We'll work on it because like you said,we don't want people to get discouraged and just move on to a different game.

And that list of things in the game will now be added to every version after this. It is a great idea and we should have really thought of it sooner. Thanks for your input. It was really helpful!
CheeseHeadZombie
Newly Registered

Postby CheeseHeadZombie » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:18 am

mgunter Wrote:Talking to someone locks-up the game.

Well that's the first time I've had that reported. Can you tell me about what browser your using or a quick rundown of what you are pressing before it locks up
CheeseHeadZombie
Newly Registered

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:49 am

CheeseHeadZombie Wrote:
As far as the text goes, we need to work on finding some middle ground for people who want to just jump straight in and fuck everything they see, and for the people who want more complex games with story and different characters similar to Akabur's trainer games. Maybe we sprinkle a few npcs that you can find all around the game who are open different sex options so that you can jack off straight away. We'll work on it because like you said,we don't want people to get discouraged and just move on to a different game.

I don't mind that there's text, but it's not being done well. It's not good to write like you speak, even if you're writing dialog. Keep things quick and to the point. If you want to study examples, Final Fantasy 6-9 are pretty good at it. FF5 tends takes brevity a little too far for RPG, but it might be a good amount for a Flash game. Also, avoid doing a long [link=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Infodump]exposition dump[/link] all at once. Break things up and spread them out. It's good to have mystery in the game, so you can leave things unanswered for awhile. Again, another classic Final Fantasy trick is to make a lot of copy-paste NPCs to talk to who will slowly give you world-building information. If the player's in the mood, they can wander slowly and explore, if not, they can jump straight into the adventure.

If you really need an exposition dump, try to make your exposition dump cool, use a nifty graphic to help explain or introduce a cool new character or new area or new gameplay mechanic so that the player is intrigued and wants to gain information. My favorite video game exposition is Legend of Dragoon's crazy cutscenes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ7-tApFG0o Obviously, that's way over the top, but that's the sort of mood you should aim for when you're explaining something. Another game with poignant cutscenes is Sonic Adventure 2. https://youtu.be/BjnWv1zQnP0?t=40s Notice all of the information that we're given in the first scene. It's clear that Sonic has been captured by the military, even though they never say so, and we clearly establish Sonic's personality and abilities with just a few lines of dialog and facial expressions. The second cutscene, the confrontation with Shadow, grips our attention because it generates a lot of questions. Why is there a second hedge? Is he a bad guy? What's the strange power he uses? Sonic's suddenly dumbfounded expression drives the mysteriousness home. We're now interested in these questions, so if an exposition dump occurs later to answer them, we're more likely to stop and listen.

That sounds grumpier than I really feel. I think a lot of amateur writers make the same mistakes, so this rant isn't just about this game.
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby mgunter » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:00 pm

CheeseHeadZombie Wrote:

Well that's the first time I've had that reported. Can you tell me about what browser your using or a quick rundown of what you are pressing before it locks up

IE; I talk to them, have a scene play out, then I can't move after that.
mgunter

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:45 pm

mgunter Wrote:
CheeseHeadZombie Wrote:

IE; I talk to them, have a scene play out, then I can't move after that.

Are you remembering that you need to press the C button to end conversations?
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby CheeseHeadZombie » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:06 am

AcetheSuperVillain Wrote:
CheeseHeadZombie Wrote:

I don't mind that there's text, but it's not being done well. It's not good to write like you speak, even if you're writing dialog. Keep things quick and to the point. If you want to study examples, Final Fantasy 6-9 are pretty good at it. FF5 tends takes brevity a little too far for RPG, but it might be a good amount for a Flash game. Also, avoid doing a long [link=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Infodump]exposition dump[/link] all at once. Break things up and spread them out. It's good to have mystery in the game, so you can leave things unanswered for awhile. Again, another classic Final Fantasy trick is to make a lot of copy-paste NPCs to talk to who will slowly give you world-building information. If the player's in the mood, they can wander slowly and explore, if not, they can jump straight into the adventure.

If you really need an exposition dump, try to make your exposition dump cool, use a nifty graphic to help explain or introduce a cool new character or new area or new gameplay mechanic so that the player is intrigued and wants to gain information. My favorite video game exposition is Legend of Dragoon's crazy cutscenes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ7-tApFG0o Obviously, that's way over the top, but that's the sort of mood you should aim for when you're explaining something. Another game with poignant cutscenes is Sonic Adventure 2. https://youtu.be/BjnWv1zQnP0?t=40s Notice all of the information that we're given in the first scene. It's clear that Sonic has been captured by the military, even though they never say so, and we clearly establish Sonic's personality and abilities with just a few lines of dialog and facial expressions. The second cutscene, the confrontation with Shadow, grips our attention because it generates a lot of questions. Why is there a second hedge? Is he a bad guy? What's the strange power he uses? Sonic's suddenly dumbfounded expression drives the mysteriousness home. We're now interested in these questions, so if an exposition dump occurs later to answer them, we're more likely to stop and listen.

That sounds grumpier than I really feel. I think a lot of amateur writers make the same mistakes, so this rant isn't just about this game.

This is all great stuff that you pointed out. We could and probably will use this as reference. You obviously have a better idea of how the text should be present in the game. We also do plan on making cut and paste npcs, just to fill the world up a bit. The exposition dump from the Legend of Dragoons is also really cool. We hope to add something like that so the player know what kind of world they are in without having to explain everything. But we are amateur writers so learning what works and what doesn't is all part of the learning experience.
CheeseHeadZombie
Newly Registered

Re: The Eros Alliance PreAlpha 0.3.3 (March 25 2015)

Postby Just that guy » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:41 am

legend of dragoons man that is a game i have not heard of for a long time
Just that guy

Return to Flash Projects