Pokkaloh

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Pokkaloh v0.9

Postby hagya229 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:14 pm

Hey, I'm back! I'm sorry I've skipped the last update but I made some mistake and i couldn't upload it here. I've updated the post with the new version of the game.
Here is the changelog : http://pokkaloh.tumblr.com/post/1447432 ... -changelog
@mooty : It's flavor dialogue ;)
hagya229

Postby musical74 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:37 pm

Hot pirate babe? Check. Funny dialogue? Check. New scenes? Check. Old scene...? The loving of Raven looks like the initial sex with the first character, with just a recolor of hair. Cute faeries? Check. Sex with faeries? Dang...maybe later?

I really like where this is going, I think my favorite new people are the hot pirate babe and the way you fleshed things out. Haven't gotten the resort or lab yet. Two things, I get the *request* for the lab and resort a few times, not just the first time. Not sure if that's tied to each time I open the game or not, but it seems odd. Other thing is it SEEMS that the time to fish something has increased a bit. No problem if it has, just it seems to take longer to fish now. Oh, also had found most everyone's heart, but twice I needed to find their heart again. Once was hot pirate babe, because after I found her heart relationship was at 88, the other was the first tenant, not sure if something happened to cause me to lower her opinion of me (spending too much time with the hot pirate babe? Ignoring her too many days in a row?)
musical74

Postby Sans_ThePunMaster » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:22 pm

Hagya one question, how do you download the game so no need to play it online.
Sans_ThePunMaster
Newly Registered

Postby futuredark » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:16 pm

musical74 Wrote:I get the *request* for the lab and resort a few times, not just the first time. Not sure if that's tied to each time I open the game or not, but it seems odd.

Letters appear to resend if you don't meet the requirements after a set period of time. Wasn't keeping perfect track, but it looked like about a week.

musical74 Wrote:twice I needed to find their heart again.

Pretty sure it's just based on affection level, and if what I thought I noticed was correct, not interacting with a girl for a day decreases her affection by 1.
futuredark
Newly Registered

Postby IxFa » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:09 am

Sans_ThePunMaster Wrote:how do you download the game

There's a link below every flash game that, if clicked, downloads it.
At this time, the link says "pok_090_ng3.swf"
It's right below the game on the first page.
I've notably written for Corruption of Champions, as well as other projects to a minor extent. My alias is always IxFa.
Current project(s): LAH's New Blog, Short Stories, Game Scenes
Commissions: Open
Requests: Open
IxFa

Postby musical74 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:55 pm

THINK I've found everything so far. I love that when you turn female all the women aren't interested in you at all (no lesbian sex? darn...) I've got all the sex scenes, kind of hoping there will be some slight variation down the road as far as sex goes (like *do you want X or Y?* but not sure how hard that would be to make work. Best still-shot scene is Juliet (maybe that's just because she's a hot pirate babe?), not sure on favorite term of endearment because they are all cute or funny. I do have one question, Hunter says to hunt the birds I'll need something other than a bow. Does that mean it will be possible to hunt the birds down the line? Hunting the dodo is easy, the boar not much harder once I figured out the hunt minigame.

Not sure this is a bug or not, but you can still stalk Lily while she's bathing in the spring as a female, all the others you can't stalk them anymore. Of the three farm animals, I find them all equally adorable. Will you be able to sex the cute sheep and the cow, or will you just keep them the way they are?
musical74

Postby hagya229 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:10 pm

musical74 Wrote:I do have one question, Hunter says to hunt the birds I'll need something other than a bow. Does that mean it will be possible to hunt the birds down the line? Hunting the dodo is easy, the boar not much harder once I figured out the hunt minigame.

Not sure this is a bug or not, but you can still stalk Lily while she's bathing in the spring as a female, all the others you can't stalk them anymore. Of the three farm animals, I find them all equally adorable. Will you be able to sex the cute sheep and the cow, or will you just keep them the way they are?

You can't hunt the flying birds, only Mayra can.
You shouldn't be able to peek on Lily :s It's a bug, I'll fix it. Thanks for reporting it :)
There won't be sex with the barn animals.
hagya229

Postby IxFa » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:46 am

hagya229 Wrote:There won't be sex with the barn animals.
You're tearing up my heart, Hagya
:'(
I've notably written for Corruption of Champions, as well as other projects to a minor extent. My alias is always IxFa.
Current project(s): LAH's New Blog, Short Stories, Game Scenes
Commissions: Open
Requests: Open
IxFa

Postby musical74 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:34 am

I don't know if this is a bug or an oversight or what...

When hunting the boar/dodo, if YOU hit a branch/lake, you slow down and if you do it enough times it makes hunting too hard at that time. If the boar/dodo does it? Doesn't slow him down AT ALL. It gets rid of the obstacle, but it doesn't seem to affect it otherwise...
musical74

Postby Seriathus » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:28 pm

musical74 Wrote:I don't know if this is a bug or an oversight or what...

When hunting the boar/dodo, if YOU hit a branch/lake, you slow down and if you do it enough times it makes hunting too hard at that time. If the boar/dodo does it? Doesn't slow him down AT ALL. It gets rid of the obstacle, but it doesn't seem to affect it otherwise...

Well, of course. A boar can trample through an obstacle, a human has more problems.
Besides, it clears up obstacles for you. I'd say that's a good thing.
Seriathus

Postby musical74 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:39 pm

branches I can see, but lakes? Can boars swim? (don't know if boars can swim or not)
musical74

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:46 pm

Just from a game mechanic perspective, hunting should be difficult, right? There should be some element that forces you to work hard or lose your chance to catch the prey. Maybe animals ignoring terrain isn't the most believable way to do it, but there's not a lot else going on with the minigame.

Also pigs can totally swim.
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby shames90210 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:30 pm

After a quick glance I really like this project and my only real concern is how awkward the controls were but that may just be me.
shames90210

Postby draconicblaze » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:29 am

I hate to be "that guy" but I felt that I should point out a grammer error.

http://puu.sh/qdyfs/eeab8c8e45.png
draconicblaze
Newly Registered

Postby DragonG » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:04 am

any news on new version??
DragonG

Re: Pokkaloh v0.9.3

Postby hagya229 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:43 pm

I've just uploaded the new version (0.9.3) check the first post :)
Also, version 0.9.7 is out for my patrons.

@draconicblaze : If you remember what was the text around the grammar error, please tell me :)
hagya229

Postby musical74 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:46 am

I can't seem to save on the new one...oh it will *save* but the option to continue seems to have been lost
musical74

Postby Dohn Joe » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:26 am

First of all, great game, its come a long way since I first played it a while back(I forget which version, I know I played it on Newgrounds though...).
Secondly, how does one get the mermaid to spawn, and to follow that question up, are there any interactions(sexually) with the mermaid?
Finally, does anyone know if the player character can obtain clothes from treasure hunt quests with Juliet or are clothes for the player character not a thing yet. cause I understand wearing shorts on a tropical island, but still, it gets bland seeing my dude wear either blue shorts or nothing at all. oh and also, is there plans to customize your character in future version? Im just asking for simple things such as skin and hair color choices, and the ability to Name your character, so the ladies on the Island could refer to you by your name. I imagine it wouldn't be hard for any of those things, but hey, its your game, do with it as you please, im just here for the Pr0n. 8-)
Dohn Joe
Newly Registered

Postby hagya229 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:08 am

@musical74 : At each new version there are some people who have problem with saving. I don't understand why because I haven't touch the part of the source code related to saving in ages.

@Dohn Joe : Thanks, you can find the answer for the mermaid in this topic I think. There is one piece of cloth you can get from treasure hunt that will allow you to go faster. Maybe, I'll add a costume so that girls like you more as well.
Your other suggestions will be for a future game:)
hagya229

Postby musical74 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:46 pm

The problem isn't the saving by itself - it saves like it's supposed to. However, there's just the *begin* *import save* and *credits* at the opening screen - it's like the *load* option is missing when it starts up so I have to start from scratch each time.
musical74

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects