Pokkaloh

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Pokkaloh

Postby hagya229 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:25 pm

Hello,

I'm hagya and I made an adult flash game called Pokkaloh. You play the role of a lucky guy who inherited an heavenly uninhabited island. Your goal is to colonize the island by gathering resources, building stuff and then ask pretty girls to set up on your island to peep on them and to seduce them.

Screenshots :
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

ImageImageImage

You can play the game here :
Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

pok-final-ng.swf [ 31.15 MiB | Viewed 5001 times ]

I'm making another game now, check out my blog for more informations : http://pokkaloh.tumblr.com/
Once I release a public version of this game (around September), I'll create a new post on this forum.
I've got a patreon page, feel free to check it.

Hope you'll enjoy the game.
Last edited by hagya229 on Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:37 am, edited 15 times in total.
hagya229

Re: Pokkaloh v0.5

Postby Alex250 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:58 am

Wow! Great game!
When I started playing this game on version 0.5, I tought there would be lots of placeholders and unfinished content. While there is a lot of space for new content, what is already there is complete and enjoyable.

A few things that I noticed:
- you can skip the 80-90 Relationship minigame if you give a big gift or help the girl.
- Bellantine says she goes to the Spring, I haven't seen her there.
-- Does she stop going when your relation is high enough?
-- I have seen her disapear from her home at 8:00, maybe she goes to the Spring for a split second?

The sex scenes are very basic, I would love to have some better erotic writing for them.
Alex250

Postby musical74 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:14 am

One glitch I noticed is there was a message for Lily saying that she was going to show up... only I didn't see it, because Svetlana showed up the same day as the message

I'm going to assume the spring is for Lily because otherwise I have no idea where she is showering...

Probably the biggest gripe is *I want more!!!* so this is good!
musical74

Postby hagya229 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:43 am

Alex250 Wrote:When I started playing this game on version 0.5, I tought there would be lots of placeholders and unfinished content. While there is a lot of space for new content, what is already there is complete and enjoyable.
Ahah, that's because I'm a very ambitious person :).

Alex250 Wrote:- you can skip the 80-90 Relationship minigame if you give a big gift or help the girl.
- Bellantine says she goes to the Spring, I haven't seen her there.
-- Does she stop going when your relation is high enough?
-- I have seen her disapear from her home at 8:00, maybe she goes to the Spring for a split second?

Yeah, the fact you can skip the relationship minigame is annoying and I will address it. Bellantine never says or goes to the spring, Lily does though.

Alex250 Wrote:The sex scenes are very basic, I would love to have some better erotic writing for them.
Yep, I'm looking for someone to write them because I don't like writing and my english is far from perfect.

musical74 Wrote:One glitch I noticed is there was a message for Lily saying that she was going to show up... only I didn't see it, because Svetlana showed up the same day as the message
Thanks for reporting this, I thought I fixed that :s.
hagya229

Postby RunningAroundInCircles » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:11 pm

After playing for 5 minutes I thought "wow, this is far from finished".
After 10 minutes I I thought "Just how great is this game gonna be once it's finished?"

Since you obviously a lot planned I'll refrain from giving input, you appearently have some good ideas in stock.

Now to the bug side of post: The relationships don't increase after you succesfully cleared the minigame. Not that it matters, it's just annoying if you're stuck with 92 or so.
I NEVER run against walls.
RunningAroundInCircles

Postby Alex250 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:56 pm

RunningAroundInCircles Wrote:[...]it's just annoying if you're stuck with 92 or so.

You have won the game at 92, the girl will tell you when to go to her home for your "reward". If you still get the "find her heart" or "gift lottery" games, that would be a bug. Unless I am mistaken.

Also, an other bug issue: you can move diagonnaly up-right and down-left, but not down-right or up-left.
Alex250

Postby musical74 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:56 am

Something else I've noticed is that when you have won her heart, she quits showering so you can't peek anymore.

Regarding the relationship thing, I think it would be good to have events where you LOWER her relationship score. Ignoring her for a week, or she wants a particular gift, you don't have it, and she goes off in a huff. It would make the game slightly more realistic I think...
musical74

Postby Alex250 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:33 am

musical74 Wrote:Something else I've noticed is that when you have won her heart, she quits showering so you can't peek anymore.

Ah, I tought Bellantine was Showering at the Spring... my mistake.

I noticed once that she had disappeared from her home at 8:00 while I had her ardent love. She would have been in her shower. It is possible to peek on her while she loves you, just very difficult.

Also: it is unintuitive that you have to use the "cancel" button during the sex scènes to continue.
Alex250

Postby hagya229 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:24 pm

RunningAroundInCircles Wrote:After playing for 5 minutes I thought "wow, this is far from finished".
I'd love to hear what made you think that because I think I have a lot of player that stop playing very quickly. Unfortunately my tracking tools are down so I don't know at which point of the game I lose my player.

That's weird, Bellantine should stop showering because of her broken bed but not because her relation is "ardent".

Also, an other bug issue: you can move diagonnaly up-right and down-left, but not down-right or up-left.
It's a bug but it's the first time I hear about such a problem. Still a lot of people have different problems with the control while it works fine for me. I will make some tweaking and see if it solves their problems in the next version.

Regarding the relationship thing, I think it would be good to have events where you LOWER her relationship score.
I wanted the first girls (the tutorial girls) to be easy and add harder girls later.
hagya229

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:20 pm

Although I think there needs to be new animations in the game, It is a good game that got me hooked until I unlocked everything. I must say though that I went on today because I wanted to meet the mermaid again, everything was saved in the game but my prior relationship scores with each girl. I was Advert with all of them last time, but today I was just OK. Hopefully it won't be too much of a hassle to fix.
Morals don't apply to me. I'm a Bear made of Cheese.
cheddaredgrizzly

Postby RunningAroundInCircles » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:20 pm

Alex250 Wrote: RunningAroundInCircles wrote:
[...]it's just annoying if you're stuck with 92 or so.

You have won the game at 92, the girl will tell you when to go to her home for your "reward". If you still get the "find her heart" or "gift lottery" games, that would be a bug. Unless I am mistaken.

totally not what I meant. You can't give presents anymore and talking does no longer raise the relationship. So you're stuck with 92 instead of being able to reach 100. The rest is working fine.

musical74 Wrote:Something else I've noticed is that when you have won her heart, she quits showering so you can't peek anymore.

Have you checked what the girl did at that day? They tell you when they shower and won't if they did something alse. For example fish at westbay instead of snorkle.
After their beach activities I have no problem with them not showering.
I NEVER run against walls.
RunningAroundInCircles

Postby musical74 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:19 am

I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but when I quit the game and come back to it later, no matter what the relationship was, it resets to *OK* and 50, 55 for Lily. In some ways that's good - get to woo them all over again! - but it seems bizarre... Everything else is whatever I had when I saved, but the relationships seem to reset.
musical74

Postby hagya229 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:38 am

I know about the bug that reset relationships to their base value. It will be fixed in the next version :)
I will also fix the problem that prevent to reach 100 relation because I know you are completion junkies.
hagya229

Re: Pokkaloh v0.6

Postby jpc1918 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:47 am

I kinda skipped over the mermaid conversation with Svetlana, what did you have to do again
jpc1918
Newly Registered

Postby musical74 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:05 pm

@the mermaid

At least as of version .5 you go to the southern mermaid bay, fish but DON'T get anything and the mermaid will show up, requesting 5 pearls. If you give her the 5 pearls she rewards you a bit

there was a minor glitch when you got over 100 of an item in .5. It didn't actually affect anything but would give an error on screen about too many of an item. That got me thinking of maybe a way to get rid of excess stuff like twigs and rocks and the like once you've built everything, because you just increase the base materials without ever losing them to anything...
musical74

Postby MegaPlayboy » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:27 am

By far the best game I've played on here for its fun factor. Keep up the amazing work!
"Thank you Mega-playboy! You make us complete and we will love you forever!!"
MegaPlayboy

Postby hagya229 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:06 pm

musical74 Wrote:there was a minor glitch when you got over 100 of an item in .5. It didn't actually affect anything but would give an error on screen about too many of an item. That got me thinking of maybe a way to get rid of excess stuff like twigs and rocks and the like once you've built everything, because you just increase the base materials without ever losing them to anything...
Yep it's one of my main concern with this game and I've thought of some ways to use them ;) (it will probably be added in version 0.8). The glitch is now fixed ;)
musical74 Wrote:I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but when I quit the game and come back to it later, no matter what the relationship was, it resets to *OK* and 50, 55 for Lily. In some ways that's good - get to woo them all over again! - but it seems bizarre... Everything else is whatever I had when I saved, but the relationships seem to reset.
This bug is now fixed too ;)

MegaPlayboy Wrote:By far the best game I've played on here for its fun factor. Keep up the amazing work!
Ahah thanks :D

Alex250 Wrote:The sex scenes are very basic, I would love to have some better erotic writing for them.
I'm starting to look for a writer I can commission using the money I won on patreon. I think I'll find one next week.

I'm currently making the game playable using only the mouse. This feature will be available for the version 0.7 I released tuesday on patreon and that will be released later next week. I hope you will enjoy it.
hagya229

Postby musical74 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:06 am

I don't know if I'd make it mouse-only... maybe either mouse or keyboard. Some of that is I'm used to using the keypad though, so if just using the mouse makes things more smooth I'll be OK with it. So it would be like *action* for the left button and *bring inventory up* for the right mouse button? And will the mermaid ever harass the Meisha for bathing in the sea?
musical74

Postby hagya229 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:44 am

By mouse only, I mean you can do everything with the mouse if you want (I'm keeping the keyboard controls). I wish I could use the right mouse button but flash doesn't allow me to. When I will make the HD version for PC, I won't have this problem anymore but for now, I prefer flash because it makes it easier to have a lot of people try the game (I think a lot of people wouldn't download it if they had to because the game graphics aren't very good)
hagya229

Re: Pokkaloh v0.7.2

Postby musical74 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:38 am

hmmmm when I try to play the latest version, the music plays, the intro text shows, but after that it's a blank screen...

EDIT: it seems that this only happens if I'm not playing it here. This is odd, because the previous versions I could play in my *flashes* folder, but not the latest version...
musical74

Next

Return to Flash Projects