Alien: Insemination

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Alien: Insemination

Postby hat973 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:01 am

KiWolfGirl Wrote:I guess that you are turning the coliders off on the platforms so you can walk through them when you are under them and probably forgot to turn them back on for when you jump on them.

Ya I think I missed something in the code I had a ruff first day so I'll be back to work ASAP and I'll take a look at the plat forms I have a note book next to me and I have a check list going on bugs and so on. So far bug wise it's the Platforms then Animation wise it's some of the fem pirate then lastly it's stuff I'm trying to figure out so it's broken up like so Bugs I know of Animations that need to be finished or fixed up and lastly Research I threw some nets out for the throwing item. Since flux has a throwing item I thought I give the pirates one I'm calling a pink web bomb but it's not the in game name. I took inspiration from Limbo when the player gets all bound up in web. It's a Idea I'm toying with right now but I'm just getting the basic AI working first.
Red light panda

:ugeek: Tumbler: Tumbler
:geek: I have a Blog: Red Light Blog
;) I stream to Give me a Watch over at: Picarto
:mrgreen: Donate: Patreon
:roll: Discord:Discord
hat973

Postby hat973 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:58 pm

So a bit of a update....health wise... Iv had a total for 2 depression attacks this week I don't trust my self working on the game when these happen so there hasn't been any growth....I have drawing stuff just doodles some related to the game but nothing big. I am working on keeping my Depression at bay and hopefully the rest of this week will be kind to me.
Red light panda

hat973

Postby hat973 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:02 am

Okay stress some what out of the way I figure I let you guys know what's going on. I have designed a 3d platform to replace my 2d ones but in a rouond about way the 3d platform is a 2D picture now...I am trying to fix a layering issue. I'm asking questions and trying to get it to work hopefully I can use a trigger to change the layer from the base witch is 0 to -1. The platform it's self is fine it's just I put the front of it in front on a 2nd layer so the player looks like she is on a 3d Object. I hope I can figure it out but I'm slowly building the game part by part.
Red light panda

hat973

Postby hat973 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:19 pm

Quick update....1st off my paying job is starting to get a bit hairy since the higher ups are starting to get more and more buggy since some people don't show up for AM snow so there getting on my bosses butt and now it's a if I don't show for snow I'm fired thing. I live in a Ski state so we get good amounts of snow and it doesn't stop tell close to April I'm not joking on that I mean it by the time its April we will have no snow while the Montanans are still white as winter. Any way I threw out more lines today for other for the game while I work on plat forms and so on in blender and turn the 3D Item into a 2D pic witch is surprisingly harder then it looks...I might do a stream on it this Saturday but I don't know depends on what I do this weekend and since I'm waiting for my payday so I can get a new Graphic card I won't be doing much any way. Now the real game related Update I'm doing research on bosses so who knows I might have Bosses like metroid or something. Half the time I work on this game I'm not even mentally there I tend to have music running while I think of games I grew up loving.
Red light panda

hat973

Postby hat973 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:38 pm

Wow I'm just posting once a day this week aren't I.....Okay so one of my lines look like they went belly up I'm not giving up on it and hopefully I can get it some help with the code. Any way on other notes I'm going to try to drew a stream this Saturday around 12PM MST. I'll be answering questions while I work on somethings depending if it's 3D or 2D it will most likely be 2D. That's if I get a good night sleep on Friday we been getting snow warnings left and right where I live so I'm kinda drained as is with hot tea the only thing keeping me awake at this point. I will work things out and I'd like to see meany of you there and so on. I will try to make Saturday a weekly thing and stream more so you guys and see how I work.
Red light panda

hat973

Postby Dead2112man » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:43 am

Even though I wont be able to see the stream, I hope it goes well.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby hat973 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:24 pm

So Yesterdays stream went well and weather where I live has gone crazy again so work will be slowed once more. I am still working on the game but I am stuck on 2 power ups I'm still trying to figure out what to put in those 2 empty slots.
Red light panda

hat973

Postby hat973 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:00 am

Okay Update time I guess. I have been busy for the last couple days with real world BS so far all this week I haven't been able to do anything Game related and it's starting to screw with me waking up at 3AM for snow detail is getting to the point where I can't concentrate on the game long. Yes I take naps after that couple hours of hell but still. But I'm going to be working on small parts of the game and try to put everything together so hopefully that will work...I don't know to be honest I'll be happy when all this snow melts and I can get back to sleep on a normal level.
Red light panda

hat973

Postby hat973 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:35 pm

So it's early and this is as close to Clear minded I'm getting today. The plan for the game is I'm going to break things up I have stuff I'd like to add to the game like Power-ups,Bosses,Shops, Inventory and a save system. In order for me to do that I will have to make little bitty playable games fallowing one of the items I just said. So I can learn and get feed back from you guys. I'm kinda fallowing something I heard yesterday from Extra Credit a YouTube channel that talks about games. The video I watch basically said make small easy to make games and have people play them cutting stuff you don't need so we will see what happens.

I'll link the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvCri1tqIxQ
Red light panda

hat973

Postby Dead2112man » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:59 pm

The more focus you are on the individual this, the better the whole picture will be in the end.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby hat973 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:51 am

So Last post for a while Tomorrows stream is cancelled Reason I have to play catch up with stuff RL and then I have to start working on small bits of other games to make this one work better so tell then I will be updating when I can and so on.

*EDIT*

I will still be learning Platform games for Unity2D but thanks to a new one I'm fallowing I kinda had a Idea on how to make proper backgrounds for the game I will keep you guys in the loop as long as I can.
Red light panda

hat973

Postby hat973 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:26 am

Hey guys so Update....something game wise and RL wise. Game wise Iv been re making parts of the game using Metroid backgrounds as a form of base and making tiles out of them and so on. Now new RL wise I f*cked up my ankle I was helping setting the table and we have this little 3 step that leads down to where my table step I was on the top step and carrying a crock pot full of food I missed the 2nd step and landed funny on my foot right now there's no swelling I'll check it tomarrow and hope I can leave my bed for work and so on. I can barely move it to be honest right foot pinky toe all the way to my ankle just straight OW the whole time I'll keep you guys in the loop on it.

Red Light Panda Out.
Red light panda

hat973

Postby Elaymidoray » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:29 am

ABRACA-HEALSSS!
Elaymidoray

Postby hat973 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:52 pm

Okay so Update on my foot after a night of rest...The pain in my foot it self is dull and barely there while my ankle is screaming in pain I 'm thinking about going to a doctor to see what happen to I just fell on my foot funny I didn't feel my ankle roll so I should just be fine and he will most likely say take it easy on the foot and rest when I really don't want to miss my RL Job over a stupid foot issue. Game wise thanks to alien 4 I came up with a movement for one of the bosses and flux.
Red light panda

hat973

Postby hat973 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:30 am

So pains gone in my foot out side a few sharp pains with I turn on it but I'm fine now. Work has picked up with another snow detail so work on the game has kinda stopped for now don't worry I'll be working on it on Saterday and I will do a stream doing tiles for the game hopefully.
Red light panda

hat973

Postby hat973 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:36 pm

So Plans for today I will be doing something random for the stream the stream was delayed to 3:30PM MST. See you all there https://picarto.tv/Redlightpanda
Red light panda

hat973

Postby hat973 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:32 pm

So I'm digging threw files looking for story boarding. Next Stream on Saturday that will be game related so this Saturday....if I'm not run ragged by snow detail where I live it's been snow call 2 times a day and I'm honestly typing this with my left arm cause I can't feel my Right much right now....It's there I can still bend and move it just the muscle are sore is all.
Red light panda

hat973

Postby hat973 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:09 am

so you guys know tumbler wise I've switched to a new on where you will find me more. I put it down in my signature I'm still working out bugs on page tags so ya.
Red light panda

hat973

Postby hat973 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:02 am

LATE NIGHT STREAM!!!!!!!

I'm doing a stream from 11:00 to Midnight see you guys there.

https://picarto.tv/Redlightpanda
Red light panda

hat973

Postby hat973 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:51 am

Important Update

I will not be streaming tomorrow reason I will be updating my PC all day installing new parts and adding more of a kick to her GPU. So Fun fun for me I will still be working on the game here and there but right now nothing huge.
Red light panda

hat973

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects