The SimBro Game (Brothel Sim)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: The SimBro Game (Brothel Sim)

Postby iwbtg9544 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:36 am

I have to say considering the fact that the last time they posted on this page was June 30th the project is either dead or not going to be posted on this page in the near future.
And yes they are money grabbers and strumpets is a much more reliable dev team.
iwbtg9544
Newly Registered

Postby keke » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:05 pm

I hope somebody will modding Simbro, I think the game have a lot of pottential but the developers are money grabbers like u said
keke

Postby geogy22 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:22 pm

They finally released the latest version.... but the blog is still empty.

Looks like they're at a loss for what to do.
geogy22
Newly Registered

Postby Screwbucket » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:54 am

They've lost a lot of good will. If I were in their shoes I'd keep moving forward and try to improve things. Not much else they can do, really.
Screwbucket

Postby geogy22 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:28 pm

well, that and communicate
geogy22
Newly Registered

Postby Lucky777 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:21 pm

Yeah, we're still left to speculate.

Maybe Marune has moved on, and he had the keys to the blog.

*Shrugs*

Hell, maybe he did too much coke since July and fuckin' died.

Ah well, only time will tell what'll happen in the future.
Lucky777

Postby Chris_ » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:13 am

Why do they never respond to comments? The patreon of this guys has become a hate page...
Last edited by Chris_ on Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris_

Postby Screwbucket » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:12 am

Chris_ Wrote:Why do they never respond to comments? The patron of this guys has become a hate page...

Probably because they don't want to face the music. They're smart enough to know how they fucked up and why people are pissed...but I can understand them not wanting to take the blows for it. It's cowardly, but I at least understand it.
Screwbucket

Postby keke » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:40 pm

Is there a 2.6 ver?
keke

Postby WonderGamer » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:58 am

Seems he's not providing public builds anymore, so I decided I was done waiting & starting doing searches online, last version I found was 2.5a. It's a shame that developers tend to get their start on forums like this, then decide to stiff the communities they gained their popularity on when they decide to go to another site/system... :x
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:43 am

Well, to be fair, Patreon is the website that's paying him thousands of dollars. Assuming he's only got so much time to spend on communities, it does make sense to focus on the one that the money comes from.
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby Lucky777 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:53 pm

To be even more fair, it appears that Patrons THEMSELVES haven't seen much new and working content since the last fuckin' public release.

As it stands, every new countdown without results is closer and closer to "the final countdown" after which simbro loses all supporters.

Let's hope they deliver on some promises and redeem themselves, not just altruistically for their sake, but really for ours, since we like the game.
Lucky777

Postby WonderGamer » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:57 pm

My point was that he probably wouldn't have near the support/funding he has now if he hadn't spent the time developing it & sharing it with communities (like LoK) before trying to get a funding for it through Patreon. I've seen it happen a number of times on these forums already:
  • The storage space for a flash isn't large enough (i.e. Soo Cubus, Simply Mindy) & it gets transferred to another site, linking it to that site off of the forums.
  • They decide to cancel the project and sometimes bring it back up elsewhere (begging the question whether it was actually canceled in the first place, Sex Realm for example).
  • They start getting funding (or move the project to another site) & eventually forget about the communities that they got their initial popularity from (or just switch directly to Patreon & disappear without notice).
Sure priority may be towards those funding them, but when it comes to light that where they started & abandoned in the middle of a project gets back to Patreon users, that's going to effect how many patrons they have funding them as well.
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby foible » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:14 pm

WonderGamer Wrote:My point was that he probably wouldn't have near the support/funding he has now if he hadn't spent the time developing it & sharing it with communities (like LoK) before trying to get a funding for it through Patreon. I've seen it happen a number of times on these forums already:
  • The storage space for a flash isn't large enough (i.e. Soo Cubus, Simply Mindy) & it gets transferred to another site, linking it to that site off of the forums.
  • They decide to cancel the project and sometimes bring it back up elsewhere (begging the question whether it was actually canceled in the first place, Sex Realm for example).
  • They start getting funding (or move the project to another site) & eventually forget about the communities that they got their initial popularity from (or just switch directly to Patreon & disappear without notice).
Sure priority may be towards those funding them, but when it comes to light that where they started & abandoned in the middle of a project gets back to Patreon users, that's going to effect how many patrons they have funding them as well.

Hnyarly got me so pissed with that. Ain't nobody so damn busy they can't afford to spend a little bit of time here and there working on such a game. She has wholly abandoned the game and is unwilling to admit to it or let someone else have it or help with it.
foible

Postby mgunter » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:52 pm

I've seen version 2.6 on some sites.
mgunter

Postby out53 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:31 pm

I checked on their patreon, and the newest patreon update is version 2.6. This would mean that the free version would be 2.5, which seems to not be the case. To me, it seems like while they are still updating the game, they're just not making the updates free, and also not checking on the forums.
Oh. So you can see me? That's nice.
out53

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:08 am

Yeah, but aren't all the latest versions super buggy? I remember the last thing I tested allowed you to enter new areas but then you couldn't leave. Maybe they just don't want to release it until it's fixed.
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby Ungawa » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:13 pm

Yep. But it's still a buggy release.
Ungawa

Postby Lucky777 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:28 pm

I'm HOPING the next public release will be one without the bugs, yeah.
But I'm just getting more and more suspicious that they really don't know what they're doing.
Or like... that "they" are no more and it's now just one "he" who doesn't know what he's doing.
The POSTS suggest some good back-end work is finally going on, but the RELEASES suggest that they still can't even fucking figure out how to get the gym working.
Allegedly there'll be a less buggy/bug-free gym next release... one just has to wait and see.

Like SERIOUSLY I don't know if Marune snorted slightly too much cocaine off some Russian hooker's ass and died.

The silence here and on the blog is real concerning.
Lucky777

Postby Zatheus » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:09 pm

That's a good death (?)
Zatheus

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects