The SimBro Game (Brothel Sim)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: The SimBro Game (Brothel Sim)

Postby WonderGamer » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:48 am

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about a month unless they have a history of doing it. As Lucky777 said, this game has had pretty regular updates.

Although one thing that does bug me is I haven't seen Marune post in this thread for a while now, which has me believing there's no point in making bug reports for this game anymore... How long has this time bug been around for female adventurers anyways, I'm pretty sure it's been around ever since the pregnancy function was added. There was another one I reported several months ago about only having the option to offer the first 2 girls in the Slums (including yourself) when playing a female adventurer...
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby foible » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:16 am

Hence what I said. There's been virtual radio silence since at least March, if not most of 2017. They stopped responding to critique, answering questions, posting mid-month with teaser photos/statements about what's to come. A complete collapse of communication. THAT's why patrons are pissed and pulling subs. Delays are forgivable, especially for health reasons, provided there's communication. According to the credits panel for the game, there are at least four people on staff. No way all four of them are deathly ill, so much so, that they can't even use a mouse and keyboard? There is literally no excuse for the lack of communication. Especially with the last milestone being 5k/mo to hire at least one new staff member, whereafter they got to 15k/mo with no new milestones and production/communication has somehow gotten slower. It's simple business mechanics. Customers give you more money, you produce more; better, faster, more cordially. When you fail to talk to and please your customers, they shop elsewhere.
foible

Postby foible » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:24 am

Fuck! Wonder, if I had joined the forums less than a day earlier, I'd have joined exactly 2 months, 2 week, 2 days, 2 hours, and 2 minutes after you did.
foible

Postby WonderGamer » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:20 pm

foible Wrote:Fuck! Wonder, if I had joined the forums less than a day earlier, I'd have joined exactly 2 months, 2 week, 2 days, 2 hours, and 2 minutes after you did.

LMAO!!! Ironically I only came here when somebody mentioned these forums on Funny Games, realizing that site was a rip off site & it turns out the game that I came here on (Sex Realm), the developer bailed a few years ago. Eh... :?

foible Wrote:Hence what I said. There's been virtual radio silence since at least March, if not most of 2017. They stopped responding to critique, answering questions, posting mid-month with teaser photos/statements about what's to come. A complete collapse of communication. THAT's why patrons are pissed and pulling subs. Delays are forgivable, especially for health reasons, provided there's communication. According to the credits panel for the game, there are at least four people on staff. No way all four of them are deathly ill, so much so, that they can't even use a mouse and keyboard? There is literally no excuse for the lack of communication. Especially with the last milestone being 5k/mo to hire at least one new staff member, whereafter they got to 15k/mo with no new milestones and production/communication has somehow gotten slower. It's simple business mechanics. Customers give you more money, you produce more; better, faster, more cordially. When you fail to talk to and please your customers, they shop elsewhere.

He does appear to still be giving updates on the forums however, even if he isn't responding to them (we still got last months update if you look at the OP). On the other hand, I've noticed that Simply Mindy isn't even getting updates on this forum anymore, Sexums apparently disappearing after he got some critique of the game being a grinder & there being a lack of variation (roguelike functions) like his first game of Soo Cubus... :?

WonderGamer

Postby foible » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:18 pm

Oh shit, that's even weirder, dude. Sex Realm wasn't the first game that brought me here, but it's among the reasons I registered. Developer didn't bail, and especially not years ago. Last update was back in Sept. '16 I think? At any rate, I just talked to her a couple weeks ago. She's been busy as Hell IRL and hasn't had time to work on the game. She's hoping to free up some time soon, though. Let's not forget, she warned first and foremost, the game is an on-the-side hobby project. She doesn't want money, doesn't make promises, works on it when she can. (though I certainly wish it was markedly more often, lol). If I were artistically/programmingly inclined, I'd offer to help, but I'd be useless, lol. I'm a foreman kind of person at best.

Agreed about Funny Games. As such, I still check on it every once in a while to see if they've found something else interesting so I can track down that actual artist and keep up. Actually, I think that's where I found SimBro, lol. It's definitely where I found what brought me here: some Playshapes-style, Krystal/Peach/Mario game. Might actually also be where I discovered 3dgspot and affect3d. While I don't approve of their misuse of copyright material, it does seem a great means of "free" advertising. Especially for an artist/producer starting off.

I'm not sure how long you've been following SimBro, but if you scroll through the Patreon page and read posts/comments/responses (specifically from the production team) you'll note a staggering reduction in communication over the last four/five months.
foible

Postby WonderGamer » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:00 am

Didn't realize there had been an update, last I looked at the thread was a few years ago I think. I'll have to see if I can find the thread again & look into it; thanks for the heads up

WonderGamer

Postby foible » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:31 am

hnyarly.blogspot.com
foible

Postby Zeus Kabob » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:31 am

Please avoid off-topic discussions in threads. The thread you're referring to is currently closed, and the author hasn't made any requests to revive the thread. Hnyarly can feel free to message us to revive the thread, or otherwise create a new thread for the game. If you wish to talk in depth about the game, please make a thread in General Discussion for that.
Zeus Kabob

Postby Marune » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:26 am

It's like you left a soup in a fridge for a while just to find out a microcivilization in a bowl.
We are back, we come with peace.
Just updated 2.3b version here.

WonderGamer and others, I saw your bugreports guys. Thanks for details and investigation that are made. I'm going to make a closer look on those bugs soon.
Marune

Postby Dracoslicer » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:00 pm

Noticed an issue when I try to download the .swf to my computer, it downloads it properly but all text is replaced with ??? and it makes it exceedingly difficult to tell what is what
Dracoslicer

Postby Troy168 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:01 pm

Wish I could play this, but my laptop won't access the site.
Troy168

Postby WonderGamer » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:22 am

One thing of note Marune, you can probably ignore a lot of the bugs portion in that first LARGE section I posted a few pages back (the one stating the game didn't have lesbian situations); turns out that an old save was culprit for causing additional bugs, like the saving before it should be & losing levels on new days after reloading the game. I'll try to verify if those are there in this new version, however I'm first going to clear my save to make sure it isn't interfering with functionality of the new version again...

WonderGamer

Postby Dongman » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:30 am

did this update add any new hitomi adventures?
Dongman

Postby Ungawa » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:07 am

I think their focus was on you being able to finally use more than just your males on slaves along with an expansion of the map.

I guess the Hitomi adventures will come later.

Although, I'd really like an expansion on some of the girls' stories, their jobs (Orra only has a punch and no other actual skills in combat) and some type of understanding of the personalities so that there's some advantage to them in battle. Like the Klepto can thief their health or ST that you give to the party or the Tsundere has higher resistance to grab attacks. Not all at once, but just something to consider along with making Eve, Alice, and co have better stories in general. I still gotta figure out what makes Julia tick...
Ungawa

Postby WonderGamer » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:11 am

Female Adventurer time bug still around, I think allowing the creampie fetish may be part of the problem (then again, I don't spend much time playing the game without that option enabled, so it might be hard for me to tell if it happens without it enabled). Each time I take a client myself at home, I first check the success rate on each trick before just going straight to sex.

Screenshots:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

• [spoiler]
    Sim-Bro time bug.png
    1st time with client at home wearing Black Mamba; did have sex with 2 thugs in the slums prior to this
    Sim-Bro time bug.png (3.05 KiB) Viewed 2356 times
  • 2nd time with client at home, ended in creampie; no time adjustment difference from last time
  • 3rd time with client at home; no time adjustment difference from last time
  • 4th time with client at home, blowjob only; no time adjustment difference from last time
  • 5th time with client at home, ended in creampie; no time adjustment difference from last time
  • Sim-Bro time bug.png
    6th time with client at home wearing Black corsage & Plain panties, ended in creampie
    Sim-Bro time bug.png (2.87 KiB) Viewed 2344 times
  • Sim-Bro time bug.png
    7th time with client at home wearing Black corsage & Plain panties
    Sim-Bro time bug.png (2.82 KiB) Viewed 2343 times
last updated 7/1/2017, 8:13 PM Mountain Time

It appears that the cloths you are wearing may play a part in this (at least in this version). The time bug did not happen when I was wearing City ranger, Mistress dress or Pink dress, but did when I was wearing Black mamba & Black corsage (Black mamba did not trigger the time bug when having sex with the Thugs in the Slums, however).

EDIT: Does anybody else find it odd that a hired Thug would have a condom on while jacking off to you while watching you take a shower as a female adventurer?

WonderGamer

Postby indipuk » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:44 pm

How do I increase my character stats in this game. Only with clothes? Leveling does nothing.
indipuk
Newly Registered

Postby napala » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:21 pm

indipuk Wrote:How do I increase my character stats in this game. Only with clothes? Leveling does nothing.

After you level up a character, you have to go to that character's stat screen and press the button to assign stat points.
napala

Postby indipuk » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:11 am

Apalapan Wrote:
indipuk Wrote:How do I increase my character stats in this game. Only with clothes? Leveling does nothing.

After you level up a character, you have to go to that character's stat screen and press the button to assign stat points.

That button is so counter initiative. I didn't even notice it. My character was lvl 6 before I figured out how leveling works.
Now I have a problem with being stuck after Alice chains me to my chair.
indipuk
Newly Registered

Postby Lex_Liven » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:38 am

Marune! Do you need help with russian translation? I can do it.
I'm not sure my english is good, I'm russian. So I'll be please if you will correct me ;) Thank you for understanding.
Lex_Liven

Postby someone28 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:28 am

Anyone know how to get the second event in the Old Friend line?
someone28
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects