The SimBro Game (Brothel Sim)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: The SimBro Game (Brothel Sim)

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:24 pm

Given when you stop getting experience, and their HP values, I'd blindly guess that the thugs cap out at about level 4 or 5, even in endgame, on normal.

I don't mind that, since I like being able to win reliably without pouring too much into muh non-beauty combat stats, but I guess some might want combat to get harder. At least on hard.
*shrugs*

On that note I just gave myself an idea: charm already influences "tease" attacks, but maybe beauty should too.
Lucky777

Postby Curiousben » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:20 pm

Okay, so, I think what you did to fix the leveling bug might have broken Julia.

Previously, if you finished your conversation with Julia, no matter how you did so (hiring as a maid, hiring as a sex worker, not hiring, and having sex with and not hiring) then quit out before saving, then reloaded, Julia would appear again when you reloaded and you would have that conversation again.

Now, no matter how you end the conversation, she does not seem to appear again. I only tested up to day 26, so I'm not positive that she doesn't return, but I made sure I had the room for her.

Alice's dignity is reset to 75 upon reload, so it's as if the conversation never took place, she just never seems to show up to ask for a job again.

Also:

Will there be different consequences in interactions with Alice for each of the four results? Right now, it seems it seems like there are only three possible results from Alice:
1) No change
2) +10 mood (which is meaningless because in a few days she'll have her mood up to 100 anyway just from good hygiene)
3) -5 dignity
Curiousben

Postby kenshin6671 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:39 am

Speaking of glitches with the Julia event. I think I had a situation where the event happened but at the same time another girl showed up for the raise event. In this situation Alice would only speak as if she was just summoned, not the Julia event conversation, and Julia was just left standing in the room. The next day, the Julia event tried to happen again but it was still stuck on Alice acting as if she was just summoned.
kenshin6671
Newly Registered

Postby Marune » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:27 am

DatFlash Wrote:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

How do thugs scale in the game? I know it's by day but an exact formula would be nice. Since I know they scale, I am unsure if I am simply power gaming too hard on this run (I didn't hire just any girl that had good traits but I did go for good traits and made them all wear maid dress + pink stockings just to see how much bling I could get) or if there might actually be a flaw with the scaling itself. With that said I only grabbed 2 girls with 5 muscle and 12 hp, while my MC has 32 hp 72 stamina and 7 muscle. Sometimes I need to provoke sure, but that's it and it's all auto attack from here. So since I never use power attacks you can see why I think I might be overleveled for the thugs along with the minimal rewards.

I also find it really strange how even though beating them up regardless if it's 1 thug or 3, you only get like 350ish cash max, while just whoring a girl will net you 500. Again it might be power leveling because unless a girl can get 1 extra turn via stamina point (ie 25 stamina) I wouldn't even touch anything else and stack beauty. So I understand the possibility of game sense, but if we wanna go by logic wouldn't beating the shit out of thugs give you the right to take everything from them while whoring out would depend more on the girl? They should probably be equal given how stacked my girls are.

But then again, maybe it'll change at day 40 or something I don't know, that's why I wanna ask about the formula.

Going on another topic, I noticed that compared to strumpets, you have different outfits which is nice but I thought since you even implemented Rikku and her clothes, might as well put in Tifa as well no? And maybe some other things as long as they aren't too medieval though I recall there being one medievalish outfit so I understand cosplay. Heck even if you grabbed everything like the nintendo characters bar Krystal which is a fox I think it'd still work under 'cosplay', but that might be pushing it. Still, you have Samus and her muscle wear, Rikku and her ranger wear, so I figure why not Tifa? :)

I also don't get the formula for clients sometimes. I can have a girl with 26 beauty 5 charm 7 skill, and the other 28 beauty 5 charm 6 skill and they would give the same price. The price doesn't even change the bar slider so I don't get how skill 'scales' in accordance to price since I assumed all it does is reduce stamina cost and increase lust attacks (while the latter is apparently 1:1, the stamina cost reduction does not seem worth it at all given how many points you gotta plug just to make it go down by 1) The client I'm using for reference prefers 20 skill so maybe that's a factor? I only thought the preference applies if highlighted but if it still affects price by a little bit even when the value hasn't reached the amount required to bargain more, I'd be impressed.

Something I just remembered is how you can apparently hire thugs, yet given how little room you have in your building I cannot see the reason to ever have them. Maybe combat will be hard enough that the exact design of the current 9/11 works off those 2 extra slots that serve no purpose. Well right now on my meta save, I have 2 extra dorm spaces because even at day 40 I have yet to encounter a need to buy an extra bed other than the occasional extra near the end of the night which I doubt justifies an additional -40 per day. But even if it ends up the case where I do, you basically can only add another dorm giving you those 2 extra slots for whatever reasons, cause maids room/showers seems way too important in the long run unless you plan on creating an alternate playstyle where you abuse your girls instead of pampering them in a use-and-abuse then throw away kinda thing, which would add some spice.

But even then, given how after whoring your girls to bone the thugs, their stats are pretty gimp even if they do come with high muscle since they are always lower than my girls in levels, and well I already pointed out my combat experience.

I've noted your combat experience. Slums is a pretty 'noob' location for fights. There will be tougher locations/battles and bigger rewards. And I need to do a lot of 'arena test fights' myself. And for now scale formula is pretty linear.
'Cosplay' question. I'm just holding that costumes for special characters for the future :P
The actual crew idea - you need girls for 'social' interactions and thugs for 'muscle' to defend your business. Or vica versa. Or you can make a bunch of kickass babes to provide both things.
For now there is no 'muscle' treats to make thugs valuable. But there will be.

Lucky777 Wrote:Given when you stop getting experience, and their HP values, I'd blindly guess that the thugs cap out at about level 4 or 5, even in endgame, on normal.

I don't mind that, since I like being able to win reliably without pouring too much into muh non-beauty combat stats, but I guess some might want combat to get harder. At least on hard.
*shrugs*

On that note I just gave myself an idea: charm already influences "tease" attacks, but maybe beauty should too.

I do agree logically. But beauty already has big impact on girl 'price'. And I don't want to make formulas too complicated. Beauty - price. Charm - sex attacks and persuasion. Skill - stamina use.
Which is also has to be recalculated. It's way easier to give 2 points to ST than raise Skill high enough.

Curiousben Wrote:

Okay, so, I think what you did to fix the leveling bug might have broken Julia.

Previously, if you finished your conversation with Julia, no matter how you did so (hiring as a maid, hiring as a sex worker, not hiring, and having sex with and not hiring) then quit out before saving, then reloaded, Julia would appear again when you reloaded and you would have that conversation again.

Now, no matter how you end the conversation, she does not seem to appear again. I only tested up to day 26, so I'm not positive that she doesn't return, but I made sure I had the room for her.

Alice's dignity is reset to 75 upon reload, so it's as if the conversation never took place, she just never seems to show up to ask for a job again.

Also:

Will there be different consequences in interactions with Alice for each of the four results? Right now, it seems it seems like there are only three possible results from Alice:
1) No change
2) +10 mood (which is meaningless because in a few days she'll have her mood up to 100 anyway just from good hygiene)
3) -5 dignity

Thank you for pointing on that save issue. Fixed. Version will be available 11 Oct with language update.
I'll add some mood drop for Alice if you hire her friend Julia as a slut.

kenshin6671 Wrote:Speaking of glitches with the Julia event. I think I had a situation where the event happened but at the same time another girl showed up for the raise event. In this situation Alice would only speak as if she was just summoned, not the Julia event conversation, and Julia was just left standing in the room. The next day, the Julia event tried to happen again but it was still stuck on Alice acting as if she was just summoned.

Be sure you are using the latest 0.3k version. Because I've fixed evening events to end before the end of the day, to avoid crossing with morning events (like Julia event for example).
Marune

Postby DatFlash » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:41 am

I know beauty pumps up price the most, but doesn't charm and skill also affect price a tad even if the client doesn't have any preference for those two stats? At least, sometimes I can't make heads or tails of how the formula works. If I had to guess though it would be Beauty > Skill > Charm in returns on price.

But what gets me going the most is the scale of your ambition for this game. Really impressive, like Peach's Untold Tales.

I'm not sure if this was the game that had the work in progress cumshot, but it only applied to one part and it'd be nice to have it apply to all sex events of the game as optional or something. Better yet, make it kinda like PUT where you can have cum layers, and that would create a whole ton of gameplay options since your game isn't a platform jumper. For example, maybe have a client prefer cream pies and with the system in place, he wouldn't be as happy with a girl who still has spunk in her vag while another might enjoy banging a girl who just got plastered on the face on her previous job. This would also make showers more than just automatic hygiene, as you can then add say a manual option to make them clean themselves at the cost of using up time. This would give more decision making to the player whether to keep the girls clean or not especially during rush hours and would of course change how much money you can get. You'd probably have to also make an automatic option just like you plan to for the future brothel management, but since you haven't rolled that out yet I figured it'd be worth suggesting. It would also work in combat as well, since I figure thugs that beat you would want to leave their mark on your girls so to speak, and while I'm not sure how dignity works beyond 30 = whoring allowed, you can also use this idea as an additional way to lower dignity like if you roam the slums or work at the brothel with your girls drenched in jizz. And if you ever go for the gender options for the player character, all this would well, you know work a bit differently but add another dimension to it.

I just realized part of what I said would require you to make it so the clients don't just randomly do different sex acts every time you peek. That might be a bit of work, which I'm guessing is randomizing clients to have set 'preferred' sex routine load outs so to speak.

Not sure if you ever mentioned this, but adding features for multiple partners would also seem like a fun idea. From the brothel side, you can have a client request for a few girls or vice versa where a bunch of clients request for one girl so that the whole 3 clients max per hour limit can be crossed over even if you want to maintain it for whatever reasons. On the slums side, well it just makes a lot more sense assuming the guys outnumber the girls and you could even make tease/lust team attacks with your girls (imagine how funny it would be to do animations where a girl is sucking off a thug while your main character beats on them with your fist as the thug fumbles with his fists?). Finally since you talked about hiring thugs, it would naturally apply to your own private sessions where the player + hired muscles can have a go, which would help give options that not only reduce time spent (because 1 girl for 10~ stamina per 45 minutes sometimes isn't fast enough if you get a day with very few clients) but also make power leveling low level girls or muscle easier by making the lower number party gain more experience so to speak while using up more stamina (so 3 on 2 would use up less stamina for the 2 while 3 on 1 would give the 1 more exp). All this however, would need more animations but I figured with the models you seem to be using wouldn't using animations based off other games with similar art work with some tweaking?

All of this however, goes back to my question on how you plan to handle the limits of the current building, as right now with 11 max residents, you have very little reason to ever hire thugs. Heck even if you get 11 people as the limit, even up to day 50+ you can get by with just 9 skimping out on dorm frees and even additional bed fees if you are lucky. If your reasoning is so that players would be required to invest in stamina/skill for the girls then it'd be nice to know how skill scales later on, right now all I know is the most optimal route is assuming a girl has 25+ stamina when you hire her, to pump stamina once, and get skill to 5 which would lower stamina cost to 10 from 11. But if it's 5 skill = -1 stamina I'm not sure how worth it that is though maybe it will be at end game and I'm just not far enough yet. But even if stamina/skill were not a concern, with how you told me you plan to add more special characters I can't see how there would be much room for randomly generated characters if you want to keep those so it comes back to how do you plan on going about the current 9/11 limit?

I know you plan to add a dungeon, so maybe adding something like a gloryhole restroom would fit as well, on the basis of cheapness and speed so that it wouldn't be limited to the 1 client = 1 hour thing but at the cost of price, faster hygiene degradation, etc. It would make sense later on because your higher level clients might not even want girls of a certain lower level when they want some more intimate fun and this could be where you funnel the lower level clients.

For the interview/help wanted features, it'd be interesting to be able to put preference towards certain things like looks, stats, etc and obviously the more nit picky you are, the more expensive it would be. It would also probably not guarantee the exact qualifications of a person wanting to join, and even if they do show up they should probably wanna bargain. Goes the same for thugs I'd imagine, this way you can spend money on trying to bring in a more customized group but without making it too easy.

For stuff not scaling, I think the saving girls in the slums is by far the biggest offender. Reputation seems too easy to gain versus the checks so you never have to fight ever even if you aren't power gaming, and as a result the 150 cash is paltry compared to fighting goons. Worse yet, the girls don't scale either so even wanting to fuck them for exp results in 0. The girls scaling in the slums/bar might be worth considering, or at least the ones you save since you can't hire them. Actually why can't you hire the ones you save?

How come Julia isn't summonable? I'm also not sure how to match up the Nova head since there's no suits and so the headgear kinda stands out. Would it be too much to ask for a version without the goggles?

Probably shouldn't stack up too much on your plate though.
DatFlash

Postby Alex250 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:00 am

Idea to rebalance Skill/Stamina: make the Skill reduce the time it takes to satisfy a Customer, a bit similar to how Dex works in Breeding Season. Higher level customers could take longer to please than lower ones. Something like 15 minutes *(ClientLevel/2 + 12 - GirlSkill) with a minimum of 1h. You would need to add a Duration Preview to the Work Assignement screen. Some Trait from the Whore/Customer could also affect this, as well as Client Preferences...
But it might complexify the game (and code) too much.

With this feature, you could specialize some sex workers in Stamina and Skill to satisfy lots of common customers and focus other employees on Beauty and Charm to please Rich, Influent or otherwise Important Customers.

A "Wait until next Event" option in the Reception would be useful, waiting automatically until a Client arrives, a Customer and Worker are finished, Midnight comes or anything relevent happens.

You probably noticed I did not refer to sex workers as girls. Since both gender use the same stats, is there a possibility to have male Whores and female Customers? Not from the start as we don't want female Customers when our only Whore is also female, but as an unlockable thing later into the game. Would it be possible?

As always with suggestions like these, see them as Side Quests. Do them if you like them or if you have finished the Main quest and still want to play but don't let them distract you from your Main objective.
Alex250

Postby DatFlash » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:37 am

If Skill gets changed like how you said Alex250, then Stamina can no longer be randomly generated otherwise it's even harder than before for characters to properly utilize pumping it other than the player character.

Finally hit day 100, thought the game would end based on what people said in this thread but apparently it just keeps going :P or did I break it with my 900k+? I was actually pretty casual about it, though it was on easy mode.
DatFlash

Postby Lucky777 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:08 pm

Marune Wrote:I do agree logically. But beauty already has big impact on girl 'price'. And I don't want to make formulas too complicated. Beauty - price. Charm - sex attacks and persuasion. Skill - stamina use.
Which is also has to be recalculated. It's way easier to give 2 points to ST than raise Skill high enough.

Fair enough.
As to recalculating, maybe 5 points in skill should be -2.5 stamina use, instead of -1.
You could make it a minimum of 5 stamina to fuck though, I guess - though who knows.

If you were to take Alex250's approach to skill, which I don't request or recommend, I hope you'd keep 2 hours as the maximum.

Also SOMETHING seemed to reduce my client-time to one hour each later in a playthrough, I don't know if I'm wrong or if it's intended or if it's a glitch.
If it IS intended...
Then what does it?
Last edited by Lucky777 on Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucky777

Postby DatFlash » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:30 pm

Lucky777 Wrote:
Marune Wrote:I do agree logically. But beauty already has big impact on girl 'price'. And I don't want to make formulas too complicated. Beauty - price. Charm - sex attacks and persuasion. Skill - stamina use.

Fair enough.
As to recalculating, maybe 5 points in skill should be -2.5 stamina use, instead of -1.
You could make it a minimum of 5 stamina to fuck though, I guess - though who knows.

If you were to take Alex250's approach to skill, which I don't request or recommend, I hope you'd keep 2 hours as the maximum.

Stamina/Skill isn't as useful as beauty, but you actually want it asap because it affects one of the most important things in the game, which is how many times you can bang with each girl. Doing that lets you accumulate exp faster. I'm gonna try hard mode when I get bored later but the way I see it matching preferences to clients isn't even all that important compared to getting exp. By day 100 one of my girls had 70 beauty or something, and could make any client rake in 2600+. Even if hard mode is twice as hard as easy, I can't see the methods I used failing since I only hired girls whose looks I liked, and outfitted them however I wanted. The cheapest method would just be to grab the first 9 girls that don't have lazy and go pump their stamina to a min of 30 skill min of 5 and dress them all up in maid dress + pink stockings, though if the girl has need of skill you can use items to make up for it instead of investing points which does the same thing. Your own character never needs to fight, because as I've experimented fighting at the moment does jack squat and pays out less than anything except saving a damsel, and you can't lower your reputation enough so that damsel saving gets you into fights as you progress anyway. All you need is beauty/charm/stamina, the first two you don't even need too much of cause all you want is to get enough so you can get your 9 girls then dump it all into stamina so you can bone your own girls whenever clients don't show up.

Don't know if this is just a bug or whatever, but comparing my day 50 save and my day 101 save, my day 50 save almost never saw a lack of clients except maybe once a week. By day 50+ on my second save, lacking clients was a common occurrence that lasted right until day 100 but once you get 9 girls at 5 skill 30 stamina you'll experience maybe 5 times across 100 days where there's too many clients to keep up with demands unless you bone them yourself early on in the day too much. It's like a reverse of what I felt earlier.

TL;DR after playing much longer I realize that while skill/stamina is pretty strict and there's not many ways you can play with the stat that it's an important base if you wanna power level, and that making it any easier in the current setting will just break the game even harder. Testing needs to be done after Marune adds more of his features; as I recall flexibility = more positions? Hope it's new ones and not just limiting the old ones.
DatFlash

Postby Curiousben » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:01 am

The problem with skill and stamina is actually Hygiene. If a worker has more than two clients then she doesn't regain enough hygiene from the maid and the shower to keep from losing hygiene. And, unlike mood, that's not a problem you can throw money at.

Maybe if the rooms could be upgraded? You could have luxury rooms with a shower.

Actually, what I'd be tempted to do is get rid of the "assign a worker to a room" approach.

I'd have it so you select a client, and assign the client a room and a worker.

So you could have really nice rooms that will have smaller penalties on mood and hygiene for the workers, and you could have spartan rooms that are just very cheap that function as rooms currently do.

Then you could have upgrade paths for the bedrooms. Oh, this client likes BSDM, she should be assigned to a worker and sent to the bedroom equipped with handcuffs and whatnot.

So a bedroom has room for a bed and then optionally a large bath or a BDSM table (but not both a bath and the table). And you can get different upgrades for the room depending upon which route you went. So a bath might get upgrade with a massage shower head. (and that adds maybe +1 to a worker's skill rating when in that room) The beds (which are in every room) could get upgraded with magic fingers.

Since you don't keep track of which workers are in which dorm, those upgrades would have to be handled from the office and you would have to upgrade all dorm rooms at once, for a commensurately higher cost. (scales with how many dorms you have and increases the cost of building dorms after upgrading)
Curiousben

Postby Lucky777 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:19 am

I guess being able to upgrade your showers would be pretty cool.

You could also just rotate out hookers though, so they clean up on their days off.

...But yeah it DOES seem rather strange that you can't ever shower enough in one day to fully refresh hygiene from zero, to be honest.
Lucky777

Postby DatFlash » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:09 am

Hygiene only affects mood though, so while I agree with it being an oversight currently hygiene is not a detriment at all because no girl will stop working from hygiene alone.

You can't actually rotate hookers in the current game unless you buy extras. 9 is the maximum you can work at once, and if you lay out beds for them you can't get anymore than 2 more girls buying an extra dorm. It also serves no purpose currently due to how few clients there are. The clients scale in level, but not in numbers so while at times you get a bunch that burns you out from having to serve 3 every hour, you also get days where only 2 clients show up the whole time.
DatFlash

Postby Marune » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:08 am

So much info!
Guys, I've read through your posts.
And I'll try to make some comments.

> Skill vs ST.
> Idea to rebalance Skill/Stamina: make the Skill reduce the time it takes to satisfy a Customer, a bit similar to how Dex works in Breeding Season. Higher level customers could take longer to please than lower ones.
I'm going to make some more Excel formula races. For now even with 3 ST per levelup point (instead of 5) blind ST build beats ST + Skill build.

> Cheap and dirty gloryhole rooms
You are reading my mind =)

> 'Preferred' sex from clients and flexibility impact.
There is an idea in my notes to make 'master bj' kind of traits for girls and client requests that leads to special animations.

> How come Julia isn't summonable?
Her dialogs aren't ready yet.

> Nova head without googles.
Noted.

> "Wait until next Event" option
A good idea. Might replace that sleep button in the quick access tab.

> You probably noticed I did not refer to sex workers as girls. Since both gender use the same stats, is there a possibility to have male Whores and female Customers? Not from the start as we don't want female Customers when our only Whore is also female, but as an unlockable thing later into the game. Would it be possible?
Yes, I have plans to make it in the future as an optional thing. Although I think that male whore and female customers scheme should work in a different way.

Curiousben Wrote:

The problem with skill and stamina is actually Hygiene. If a worker has more than two clients then she doesn't regain enough hygiene from the maid and the shower to keep from losing hygiene. And, unlike mood, that's not a problem you can throw money at.

Maybe if the rooms could be upgraded? You could have luxury rooms with a shower.

Actually, what I'd be tempted to do is get rid of the "assign a worker to a room" approach.

I'd have it so you select a client, and assign the client a room and a worker.

So you could have really nice rooms that will have smaller penalties on mood and hygiene for the workers, and you could have spartan rooms that are just very cheap that function as rooms currently do.

Then you could have upgrade paths for the bedrooms. Oh, this client likes BSDM, she should be assigned to a worker and sent to the bedroom equipped with handcuffs and whatnot.

So a bedroom has room for a bed and then optionally a large bath or a BDSM table (but not both a bath and the table). And you can get different upgrades for the room depending upon which route you went. So a bath might get upgrade with a massage shower head. (and that adds maybe +1 to a worker's skill rating when in that room) The beds (which are in every room) could get upgraded with magic fingers.

Since you don't keep track of which workers are in which dorm, those upgrades would have to be handled from the office and you would have to upgrade all dorm rooms at once, for a commensurately higher cost. (scales with how many dorms you have and increases the cost of building dorms after upgrading)

Your ideas have a lot of sense. Room upgrades is a planned feature. I should think about this, because it's a lot of changes to the current scheme.

> Expand your hotel.
I have an idea to add more stages to the mansion building. Basement for dungeon rooms and upper floors for regular rooms.

> But what gets me going the most is the scale of your ambition for this game. Really impressive, like Peach's Untold Tales.
Yes, you got it right. I want to make a great game!
Marune

Postby DatFlash » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:53 am

You don't have to limit yourself to expanding the brothel to one building. Considering I see how your map has directions that imply you can move to another map, it would also be fun to start buying new brothels and stuff later on trying to increase territory and thereby having more competition with the thugs in that area and such. Course this all is kinda weird with the initial premise of 350k debt, but I figured you wouldn't be too against the idea that the 350k debt is merely a starting premise and the game still continues after that point if you want. I mean heck if you wanna go even farther, the debt could just be act 1 and shit goes down later if you try to expand. You could even implement turf wars on the level where whores from other gangs try to infiltrate your brothel and shank your ass during an event and if you are tough enough you beat them down and then break them in, either making her another one of your bitches or fucking her up so badly in a gangbang and leaving her out in the rival turf's streets as an 'example'. Stuff like that.

As for the male gigolo idea, you should probably put that under a different building if your character is male, and vice versa where starting as a girl would probably not start with a whore brothel. Though I guess the best case would be letting you choose but I don't think there are many establishments in real life that cater to both in a single building you know what I mean? It would be awkward for the customers to say the least.

Just one thing, I think priority for balancing the game shouldn't be a big deal so long as nothing is impossible or too restricted, since everything is in an alpha stage. You probably wouldn't wanna waste time tinkering with stamina/skill too much when you can use that time for fun features instead and leave that for when all the cool stuff got plugged in. Mostly because changing numbers is easy and doesn't really affect the base game considering stats are not mandatory. That said even if you wanna touch stats, I think it'd be best to wait and see what ideas you plan to implement onto each of them as a whole and finalize it before balancing.

Like flexibility for example, is currently the #1 worthless stat. It serves no purpose, and I don't even know what grabs are. But come the implementation of flexibility enabling more positions, well that changes the ball game at least for fun, even if not for power gaming. Wits is similar, yeah it's useful for healing and guarding against seduction, but healing is limited to 2 characters so far, and no one seduces you in the game that you can resist anyway, it's just a stat for thugs fighting you. Muscle is well, yeah totally dependent on how combat will work out. Compared to that, skill/stamina is far more cemented in the game like Beauty which is pump it and it will do you some good.
DatFlash

Postby Lucky777 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:13 pm

Pure sta might beat a sta + skill build, but I'd hope the answer was certainly not to nerf sta, but to buff skill.
Additionally, if skill ends up being less useful than stamina apart from its combat effect, that could simply be a game quirk that players need to be aware of.
It's really nothing to pull your hair out about.

Expanding your brothel, finishing character events, and implementing various other events all seem pretty exciting to me.

Don't forget to have someone working on cumshots the whole time, though, it's still a level 0 basic thing that sex games shouldn't be without.
When it comes to female orgasms in particular, I'm personally all about squirting, though some people probably aren't.
...And that "squirt" had better not be yellow, or else that's AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT fetish you're talking about D :

EDIT:

On a separate note, you should probably make sure the level-up system works to carry over exp if someone gets enough exp to instantly level up twice or more.
I'm not sure that's working.
I got a lot of exp on a level 1 whore and then the "exp to level" number actually disappeared completely, and she only levelled from level one to level two.
As soon as she gained any more exp I was able to continue levelling her as normal.
But I think it's worth a look to make sure.
Lucky777

Postby DatFlash » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:02 pm

What is the formula for hiring bar girls? Their beauty/charm check seems completely random. Even if you go 8/8 on day 1 you can fail. In fact day 1 beauty checks can fail you even if you had 10 in beauty.

I mean I don't mind still having the option of always failing, but I'm wondering if this should apply even for easy mode.
DatFlash

Postby musical74 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:16 pm

*Joins in on the fun*

Outside of the stuff that has already been mentioned (SAVE!!!), a few ideas to make things less hard, given rep down is so much easier than rep up...

If you keep a client waiting but have a maid, have the maid entertain the guy so his mood doesn't plummet, and instead of *rep minus 3* have it be *rep minus 1*. Also, make it to where you know in advance whether you are fighting one or more guys BEFORE you pick a fight. I thought adding a bunch towards HP would solve the problems, but two guys gang up on a single player makes it pretty hard. Maybe do something to where they miss on occasion?

Biggest problem for me is *skill upgrade too hard, which to choose...*, not that it's a bad thing!
musical74

Postby Lucky777 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:45 pm

You never need to solo thugs, carry Alice and then strong whores.
Personally I appreciate the lack of a miss mechanic, less randomness is better in my eyes.
Also eventually you'll be able to upgrade your maids into whores.

Possibly with a dungeon? I don't know.

All in due time : o
Lucky777

Postby DatFlash » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:47 am

musical74 Wrote:*Joins in on the fun*

Outside of the stuff that has already been mentioned (SAVE!!!), a few ideas to make things less hard, given rep down is so much easier than rep up...

If you keep a client waiting but have a maid, have the maid entertain the guy so his mood doesn't plummet, and instead of *rep minus 3* have it be *rep minus 1*. Also, make it to where you know in advance whether you are fighting one or more guys BEFORE you pick a fight. I thought adding a bunch towards HP would solve the problems, but two guys gang up on a single player makes it pretty hard. Maybe do something to where they miss on occasion?

Biggest problem for me is *skill upgrade too hard, which to choose...*, not that it's a bad thing!

I had similar problems when starting out, but it's simply a matter of learning how to play an incomplete game. Like Lucky777 said you can use Alice early on who heals, and bring along girls you hire. You basically stop caring about fights very early because even when they scale they don't surpass level 5 or so. More importantly you don't get exp from them later on because anything 3-4 levels below you gives 0 or something, fighting or fucking.

Reputation is super easy to get, all you need to do is hire girls early, and let them fuck to accumulate rep. Once you get a few girls you don't even need to fight or hit on girls on the bar to get your main character exp, because not every day will clients flood your brothel (this applies even after you have say, 600+ rep for whatever reason) so your own character basically fucks your brothel girls in between time if you make a guess that the day won't bring too many. Since your girls are leveling up, unlike the bar girls and slum girls they will keep up with your player levels, in fact most of them will surpass him greatly.

If you really wanna cheese it, just make sure to make every girl you hire end up with at least 30 stamina and 5 skill through items or leveling stats, then pump everything else into beauty. The best items are of course, maid dress and pink stockings but that gets boring if everyone has one, however it is the very best way. And speaking on stamina, stamina is the single most important stat on the player, because unlike the girls beauty/charm only serve you when hiring, and the rest of the stats do jack shit since like I said combat is incomplete. Stamina however, affects how many times you can fuck, which is tied directly to how fast you level. My previous posts already showed how I tried out every possible combination at level 1 and no matter what you can still fail beauty/charm checks, except I believe 11 in beauty or charm which has never failed me yet but because of that the other stat always will (or maybe I'm just unlucky 20x through). So instead of relying on RNG, you just go for the max bang, and can even pay hookers to fuck without even wanting to hire.

I'm gonna do a hard mode run and see how far my cheese takes me. No save scumming no nothing. I'm tempted to just hire the first girls I can but that would be too boring.
DatFlash

Postby Marune » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:54 am

> stamina is the single most important stat on the player
Don't nerf stamina they said. It's ok. =)
I'm going to add some balance. It's only getting more complicated with new features.

> gang wars
I like the idea. But it's a distant plans, because for now there is much to do on the basic level.

> brothel expanding
That's a dilemma. If you are buying a new building, you have to build all infrastructure there (reception / showers / etc). Transfer options for girls between brothels, et cetera. And more clicking.

> double level up.
That's important. I'm pretty sure now it's not working properly.

> AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT fetish
Why am I hearing 'chocolate rain' song in my ears? =)

> easy mode
For now it only applies to prices and revenues. I need to tie stat check to it as well.

> SAVE!!!
Just wait till the end of month ;)

> maid for waiting clients
There will be 'reception' girl position for this purpose.
Marune

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects