Crusoe Had It Easy

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Crusoe Had It Easy

Postby marblesyrup » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:36 am

Alternatively, "Help! I Have Through No Fault of My Own Found Myself Inadvertently Stranded on a Desert Island in the Tropics with My Hopelessly Hot Cousin"

A visual novel where you get stuck on a desert island with your hot cousin. Pretty much finished already, but there's still a few bugs to iron out in there. We're adding busts of the developers also for the commentary mode (which is available once you've reached all endings)

If you think even light incest (cousin incest) is yucky, you can type in this cheatcode at the main menu: "notsoclose". there's a bunch of other cheatcodes available for those who have pledged to us on our patreon to, for example you can play like her brother/father instead as well (quite a lot in the game obviously changes depending on these cheats).

latest version (8/16)

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

crusoe_web.swf [ 10.92 MiB | Viewed 8571 times ]

Any feedback would be much appreciated!
Last edited by marblesyrup on Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
marblesyrup

Re: Crusoe Had It Easy

Postby Dead2112man » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:45 pm

Ok, found a major bug, as in game crashing, If you take the path she cooks, then do the herbs route, any of the three options after that crashes the game.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby musical74 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:29 pm

The only thing that threw me a little was zooming in and out. I like the idea though!

After playing it for a bit and getting a few endings, not sure which I like the most of those I've seen. Also should be noted that this is a quick VN, 10 minutes or so to get to one ending or another. That's not a bad thing, just a bit surprised!
Last edited by musical74 on Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
musical74

Postby loshi1505 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:39 pm

hmm... first thoughts is how much of a typical VN this is. :lol: not saying it's bad at all quite the opposite actually it took me like 5+ attempts to actually get the true end route. >_> missed 2 or more key choices.
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

stopping at exactly only groping her breasts was the kicker though... like I got the true gentlemen ending easier. -_-

and there's 7 endings?!? like I might get 5 or 6... but I bet you I will never be able to find all 7. -_- hell it took me like 5-8 attampts just with the one goal in mind of finding the true end. >_> and that's only put me at ending number 4/7!!! I've some good ideas for 5 and 6.. but 7... I've not a single clue...

but that's assuming there's a darker route than the rapist route.... >_>
in not then I've only a clue for the 5th ending...

first two major problem is the lack of a story tree load feature.... and being able to quick save RIGHT when the choices present themselves... the skip button is awesome... but still tiresome to skip though all of them.... please for the love of this game make story tree to load from.... the quick save as choices present is not even needed if you put this in!!! (hell you could get rid of the quick save feature altogether is you do it right. :P

second suggestion is to add in the text in gallery saying which of the 7 endings you have done... and maybe even hints to find them... maybe.... >_>
<_<
please? >_<
lol

good game though sets the mood right in positive (romantic), neutral (day to day life), and negative (rape-ish),
has witty and interesting dialogue, char dev is good-great in understanding the MC... not too sure about her though.... I think there's some work to be had with her... not sure how to explain it well but it doesn't feel like she has enough dev in the way of stating her turnoffs... as I said I REALLY can't explain this one well... so idk.
good sound affects for the most part (I think the sex scenes need some better SFX but I think that's about it)
little lag to be had with scene transitions.... but some larger lag when it comes to using the skip button... also SFX play with the skip button? bug?
all in all a good VN you've made here. :D defiantly no candyland VN that's for sure. >_< (seriously though make a walkthrough or something as I HIGHLY doubt I can find all 7. >_> I mean at least goku had a dragon radar to find all 7. :lol: :roll: :P )

no "real" bugs spotted on my end... then again I wasn't really bug hunting so much as trying to figure how get form one ending to the other. >_>
loshi1505

Postby Riley65 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:05 pm

Very well made, and fun to experiment around trying getting the different endings XD.

I actually got the ending where she initiates the sex the first time through funnily enough, and have one more to get so far (having the 2 death endings, the rape but she forgives you ending, the gentleman ending and the true ending as well)
Last edited by Riley65 on Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Riley65

Postby marblesyrup » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:09 am

Dead2112man, thanks for the bug report! You mean when you tell her she should have used your herbs? Is that the one?
marblesyrup

Postby marblesyrup » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:28 am

>loshi, thanks for the suggestions! We had never even considered a story tree load/save system. That's interesting, but I think it will be a little too hard to implement. Do you have any examples of (free) games that have such a system so we can have a look at it?
marblesyrup

Postby tripflip » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:13 pm

I thought the art style, music and sound effects were very high quality for a free game. Very nice job :) The only minor oddity I have for it is that the only parts of the game that require puzzle solving involve the paths to the bad endings/rape. I mean, I guess this makes sense in real world terms because the good actions are pretty straight forward (given this scenario) and the drugging thing requires learning and applying things, as well as deception. But in game terms, that means that there's more game in the drugging path (which is not the true ending path). It's super minor, but that's just something I noticed.

From a purely personal stance, I like the fact that rape doesn't lead to anything good in this game (especially since it's a visual novel with a story that's played straight, rather than something silly or absurdest). I'm not judging on games that do things with pixels that are silly and obviously aren't meant to be taken seriously, but the way things go down in this game would be pretty icky if it lead to anything good.
Support Ivan-Aedler, Blargh and me making dirty, filthy things like PUT at https://www.patreon.com/aef22?ty=h
Find the latest version of PUT at viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2265
tripflip

Postby loshi1505 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:03 pm

marblesyrup Wrote:>loshi, thanks for the suggestions! We had never even considered a story tree load/save system. That's interesting, but I think it will be a little too hard to implement. Do you have any examples of (free) games that have such a system so we can have a look at it?

I know of one it wasn't from a free game though.... and I don't remember what it's called either.... >_<
sorry. :(

well... idk about hard form a coding perspective but I'd think I'd be somewhat easy to just take each and every choice selection point and preferably every route you could take and turn them into load files.... tiresome... but "should" be easy... >_>
now the tricky part would be locking them and unlocking once the player has gone down that route before... <_< that... I have no idea on how to do... >_<
loshi1505

Postby Yamemai » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:03 am

There seems to be an image failure; when you have her mad at you (she cooks), after the 'little feast' she face and swimsuit doesn't show.

Anyways, darn, I'm not good at this, only got 2 endings, the two easiest ones (rapist and true gentleman), though I got an idea on how to get more (hypnotic plant), can't seem to get on that path, so I'd agree with loshi505, would love to have a tree; would be really helpful, especially if you can load from it (so you don't have to time the save).

Also, quicksave isn't really needed, since it saves the bring you to the menu, making it slower then manually saving; would have been better if it didn't do that.

Lastly, ditto, I know of at least one(two if you count non-hentai) game, and though it isn't free, there should be some videos/images that show the tree around, just send me a pm (though it'll probably take me awhile to respond, as I don't login on much). Anyways, like loshi said, what you'd need to do is take all the choices, and how they affect each other, then turn it into a flow chart of sorts. Unlocking/locking, though, should be easy, as it should be the same as with the pics, would only be tedious :p

Edit: Just looked at your patreon page, and can see why you'd not want it (with the whole pledge to get a walkthrough).
Yamemai

Postby MiloInDisguise » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:17 am

Great game; I'm a sucker for romance happy ending stories. I've played for 3 hours and only managed to get 5 endings :( It would be help full if there was some kind of stat bars. Either way, great game and story, keep up the good work.
MiloInDisguise
Newly Registered

Postby kvier » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:23 am

There are only a few variables in the game:

* How much she likes you (-7 to 0, 1 or 3, 4, 5 to 8)
* How much contempt you have for her (-1 or 0, 1, 2 to 4 )
* Whether you said you wanted to stay during the first night's walk
* Whether you found and identified the herb

How to get the endings:

* if you identified the herb, drug her (requires contempt≥2), and rape her: she kills you ("Dead Date Drug Rapist")
* if she doesn't like you at all (like ≤ 0) and rape her: she kills you ("As Dead as a Rapist")
* if she likes you a little (1 ≤ like ≤ 3) and you rape her: she ties you up and keeps you barely alive until you're rescued ("Rapist")
* if she likes you a bit (like ≥ 4) and you rape her: she'll almost-but-not-actually forgive you. ("Nothing to Tell")
* if she DOESN'T like you enough (like ≤ 4) and you DON'T rape her, you get the gentleman ending ("A True Gentleman")
* if she likes you a lot (like ≥ 5) she'll initiate sex on the last night, and then:
** if you said you wanted to stay, you get to stay ("Paradise")
** if you didn't say you wanted to stay, you get the melancholy ending ("Regrets")

Interestingly, neither getting caught masturbating, nor talking about your first kiss, changes anything.

This is just the endings. There's a fair amount of variation in how you get to them, too, which I haven't mentioned here.

edit: fixed a few off-by-one errors on the numbers
Last edited by kvier on Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
kvier

Postby loshi1505 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:27 am

MiloInDisguise Wrote:Great game; I'm a sucker for romance happy ending stories. I've played for 3 hours and only managed to get 5 endings :( It would be help full if there was some kind of stat bars. Either way, great game and story, keep up the good work.

nah, stat bar would corrupt the VN feel of the game and turn it into a dating sim. >_>

same would mood indicator.... like the player themselves should take the hint. >_< lol

but yeah.... a load story tree would help you a lot here... especially if you ordered the endings results from "true ending" to "worst possible ending" if the game even has one worse than the rapist ending... >_<
loshi1505

Postby Shawky the Shark Wolf » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:03 am

This text in the spoiler might spoil the game for you, so open at your own risk.

Wow this game is actually legit hard at first, since I only got like two endings, one of them being the non-death rapist and the other being probably the usual ending which is probably achieved the most, the gentleman thing.

I was about to give up, but I decided to give it another shot, and lo and behold, I managed to find another ending, which was the death rapist one. That set me in a grim mood, but I was determined to find more. Then I got the Sophie initiation sex at the end, with them leaving, and then I got the true ending, which is them staying at the island after the Sophie sex initiation.

So that's like, 5 endings, out of 7. As far as I've figured, only the hypnotic plant and the 2nd death ending remain, although I'm not sure how to achieve those. I basically tried for the plant one but got other endings mostly because I gave up on it. Since I've completed most of the endings, I'd like to know how to achieve those last two, since I no longer care about spoilers, rather then finding out alternate stories.

Thanks in advance~

On a side note, I also noticed a few bugs, or even "easter eggs"

When you do the masturbation scene where he imagines it, and you press "Keep banging her" or sth similar, then her name turns into Sophella, and the colour is yellow.
Another one is that when her bra flies off, that scene, the guy calls her Janette, unless that's like a reference or an inside joke that I have no idea about.
The game also froze in the walk on the beach discussion with Sophie when I had the "notsoclose" cheat on.
And last, there were some texture glitches with Sophie's bra, like it just looked glitched, an empty space at some spots.
I'm just a shark boi, who plays games and yells "Oi!"
Shawky the Shark Wolf

Postby Yamemai » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:50 am

kvier Wrote:There are only a few variables in the game:

* How much she likes you (-7 to 0, 1 or 2, 3, 4 to 8)
* How much contempt you have for her (-1 or 0, 1, 2 to 4 )
* Whether you said you wanted to stay during the first night's walk
* Whether you found and identified the herb

How to get the endings:

* if you identified the herb, drug her (requires contempt≥2), and rape her: she kills you ("Dead Date Drug Rapist")
* if she doesn't like you at all (like ≤ 0) and rape her: she kills you ("As Dead as a Rapist")
* if she likes you a little (1 ≤ like ≤ 2) and you rape her: she ties you up and keeps you barely alive until you're rescued ("Rapist")
* if she likes you a bit (like ≥ 3) and you rape her: she'll almost-but-not-actually forgive you. ("Nothing to Tell")
* if she DOESN'T like you enough (like ≤ 3) and you DON'T rape her, you get the gentleman ending ("A True Gentleman")
* if she likes you a lot (like ≥ 4) she'll initiate sex on the last night, and then:
** if you said you wanted to stay, you get to stay ("Paradise")
** if you didn't say you wanted to stay, you get the melancholy ending ("Regrets")

Interestingly, neither getting caught masturbating, nor talking about your first kiss, changes anything.

This is just the endings. There's a fair amount of variation in how you get to them, too, which I haven't mentioned here.

Thanks for the explanation, though I found one on newgrounds as well, not in-depth as yours though. Anyhow, only ending I'm having trouble with now is the 'Regrets' one, I'm pretty sure I did almost the same thing as when I got paradise, besides taking about staying, but for some reason it always seems to be gentleman; oh well, I'll come back to it eventually.

One more thing, how do you enter cheat codes? I can't seem to find it.
Yamemai

Postby Peneciraptor » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:58 pm

I love the camera
Peneciraptor

Postby marblesyrup » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:52 am

Just to clarify that we certainly don't mind if people post (their own, self-made) walkthroughs - the point in the patreon $10 pledge is really that you get access to the walkthrough on the day of release, and well, I think the cheats (which we've worked really hard with actually - there's quite a lot of text) are the big sell. Nice work, kvier, on finding all the variables! Though I expect you had mechanical help ;) On the other hand, if it was just your power of deduction combined with you playing the game 100 times - mad props!

As for cheat codes, you just enter them on the start screen, like you would in an old Nintendo game. There's been a bit of confusion over this so we might add an "enter cheat" menu option for our next release to make it clearer. That said, we are also considering making all cheats entirely locked to the Patreon-only version. We're still debating it, though.

Peneciraptor, you mean the zoom function? Glad you liked it!!

And thanks guys for the bug reports, I'll post a new version tomorrow when our programmer has had time to go check and compile everything.
marblesyrup

Postby kvier » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:16 pm

marblesyrup Wrote:Nice work, kvier, on finding all the variables! Though I expect you had mechanical help ;)
:oops: :)

For my own purposes, I sat down and made a flowchart of the entire dialog tree(*) and it looks like the entire "apologize on the first night" branch is broken?

(*) I'm not sharing it. One, definitely not without marblesyrup's permission; Two, it's like 3000x3000 pixels because graphviz can't do "dense".
kvier

Postby marblesyrup » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:30 am

Posted a new version with various bug fixes and a much improved commentary mode!
marblesyrup

Postby Furman12 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:40 pm

I am thinking about donating to it and I like to know if you take paypal?
Keep the blue fox alive in are hearts never let her be forgot
Furman12

Next

Return to Flash Projects