Powerless [Apr. 28/17], Pet

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Pet [Sept. 12 - v0.9], New Scolexxx Project

Postby scolexxx » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:56 pm

IxFa Wrote:By the way, your signature still says you're working on Pet Alpha 0.2

How active are you making the combat?
Being able to run around during a fight, block, swing, and aim your character seems to me as good features.
Although, in that scenario, I don't see how you'd do the charm mechanic. Seems like it'd be a little dull if it were just "Stand still and channel the charm ability until the bar is full".

Only one material type? I'm more than happy with that if it means there's a lot of items you can make of that material.

You say exploring the world. Will it be the same bird's-eye view as you used in Pet, or left-to-right navigation? Or something like some of the Legend of Crystal iterations, with a map of locations and each location you select puts you in a left-to-right-navigated area?
You could make it something like exploring in bird's-eye view, then fights or dungeons take you into a more fighting/platformer area. Animation is more of a big deal in combat if you choose the side-scrolling combat style, but it's more rewarding to see and may be more fulfilling to play.

Combat: The opponents will have a detection area which if you enter this area, they will advance towards you, some races faster than others. The charm ability will work like this: if you are within the opponent's area of detection and your charm is high enough for that race, you can seduce them so instead of trying to attack you, allowing them to touch you results in sex. During sex, the girl's lust level determines how much she enjoys sex and this changes her facial expressions and speech. In summary, when you encounter an enemy you can't outrun, you will have to kill them or have sex with them.

Materials: There will be many materials you can gather; wood, wool, several metals, jewels, cum and a few more. They will be combined to craft or forge things. So for example, a dagger could be forged with 2 copper bars and 1 wood, but a scimitar could be forged with 3 iron bars and 1 lead bar.

Exploring: It will be top down again like Pet. I find it much easier to animate and there is more freedom of exploration than being confined to going either left or right. The map will be a bunch of blocks that has gates on each end leading the player to the neighboring block. It makes for basically the same freedom as Pet had but without the awful performance issues from having an insane number of items being processed at a time. I will try to post some gameplay footage on Tumblr when it looks good enough so you can see what I mean.

Tumblr devblog: scolexxxgames.tumblr.com
scolexxx

Postby Stevenator » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:47 pm

Ah sad to see you're retiring from Pet, I get why you would though new games sounds pretty cool.

Will there still be bestiality? I may or may not enjoy it. A lot :lol:

Of course it will be a while but excited to see where this goes your animation work is nice and fluid not choppy or blocky like in some games, easy on the eyes.
Good luck anyway hope you don't lose inspiration for the game like a lot of people do, I guess just pace yourself. Often it seems like people treat their games as though they're being commissioned and get stressed out with having to dish out frequent updates and serious work.
Stevenator

Postby DirtyJoe » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:00 pm

oh for your new game I think a good quest idea. It starts off as a simple collection quest for a bar, then when you get the object you bring it back and you get the second half of the quest. This where you need to help clear out there basement which has a monster, now you get 2 choices from here. Choice 1 you kill it but get knocked out and wake up bound to a wall, where you get used by patrons of the bar until you get what you need to escape. (I have know idea what you could use to escape the dungeon that is up to you.) Choice 2 you fuck the monster and when you finish the bar manager comes down and offers you a job servicing the costumers. If yes you get a steady income, if no you get kicked out of the bar and when ever you return to the bar, the price of what ever there selling is more expensive for you only
DirtyJoe
Newly Registered

Postby nightshad » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:04 pm

the new game is ALOT i mean LOT better :) keep it up : D everyone starts off making mistakes and you made some BUT for the better as this game a huge improvement from your last one keep it up!
nightshad
Newly Registered

Postby Ivan Ivanov » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:27 am

pet was a great game ,but a new project seems to be even better! I wish you good luck and I hope that in the near future we will have another great game!
Ivan Ivanov
Newly Registered

Postby bobman5000 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:37 am

well as an idea that i know is gonna draw some hate but breasts could get larger to even the size they were in pet as a side effect of have high corruption so as you become less and less pure you body changes to become more and more suitable for sex and seduction instead of fighting
bobman5000
Newly Registered

Postby bobman5000 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:42 am

an idea i have is that your character Appearance can change to reflect how you play as such a character who solely focuses on sex will have ridiculous breasts maybe even to the level they were in pet as well as other attributes such as a more over sexualised figure while more combat focused characters will be more well proportioned
bobman5000
Newly Registered

Postby DaveMcDavidson » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:07 pm

Will lactation be in the new game?
DaveMcDavidson

Postby Kyn » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:43 am

Will the new game have automated scenes? Erotic scenes that have a timer or require input are really self defeating in nature!
Kyn

Postby Souleon » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:06 pm

I find it kinda ironic that the site with pedophilic, incestous, beastiality and rape left and right has a problem with big breasts seemingly most of all. My only issues with Pet were getting her to move and lag, I didn't play much because of them.
Souleon

Postby Riley65 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:38 pm

For me it wasn't the tits being too big, it was the obscenely large nipples that turned me off. I get that it was supposed to show how fertile she was it pet, but it was a bit much for my tastes. The model for the elf looks much better, and is a much happier medium.
Riley65

Postby Spartacus » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:17 pm

scolexxx if it is performance you are worried about, why not move to a proper game engine like Unity?
If the sole reason is "I don't know Unity" I would be more than happy to help and even join in on the development.
I can't really help on the artist side of things, but I know my way around Unity pretty well :)

I loved your previous game and I very much like the sound of this new one, so I would be more then happy to help.
If you rather continue working in flash, I will continue to enjoy your work :)

Think about it and let me know if you are interested ...
Spartacus

Postby scolexxx » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:47 am

DaveMcDavidson Wrote:Will lactation be in the new game?

Yes. Though I'm not sure how it will be worked in yet.

bobman5000 Wrote:an idea i have is that your character Appearance can change to reflect how you play as such a character who solely focuses on sex will have ridiculous breasts maybe even to the level they were in pet as well as other attributes such as a more over sexualised figure while more combat focused characters will be more well proportioned

I would love to be able to do this, but it would mean the game would progress waaay slower than it already is. See my above explanation.

Kyn Wrote:Will the new game have automated scenes? Erotic scenes that have a timer or require input are really self defeating in nature!

The sex scenes will be automated and have a speed slider like Dragon Bride.

Spartacus Wrote:scolexxx if it is performance you are worried about, why not move to a proper game engine like Unity?
If the sole reason is "I don't know Unity" I would be more than happy to help and even join in on the development.
I can't really help on the artist side of things, but I know my way around Unity pretty well :)

I loved your previous game and I very much like the sound of this new one, so I would be more then happy to help.

I really appreciate the offer, but I've become very comfortable drawing and animating in Flash. At this point, I would be learning Unity from scratch even though I have a list of ideas for Flash, all of which I can accomplish given a bit of time. I'm also not familiar with the abilities and limitations of Unity. Animating vector drawings in Flash gives very nice results fairly quickly. I fear that Unity may not have the same vector animation capabilities, so the customizable character models I build in Flash may not be as easily made in Unity.

scolexxx

Postby Kyn » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:30 am

scolexxx Wrote:
Kyn Wrote:Will the new game have automated scenes? Erotic scenes that have a timer or require input are really self defeating in nature!

The sex scenes will be automated and have a speed slider like Dragon Bride.

I am very happy to hear this! I think Dragon Bride's system was wonderful, and I am very much looking forward to the new project!
Kyn

Postby Spartacus » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:19 pm

scolexxx Wrote:
Spartacus Wrote:scolexxx if it is performance you are worried about, why not move to a proper game engine like Unity?

I really appreciate the offer, but I've become very comfortable drawing and animating in Flash. At this point, I would be learning Unity from scratch even though I have a list of ideas for Flash, all of which I can accomplish given a bit of time. I'm also not familiar with the abilities and limitations of Unity. Animating vector drawings in Flash gives very nice results fairly quickly. I fear that Unity may not have the same vector animation capabilities, so the customizable character models I build in Flash may not be as easily made in Unity.

Thank you for the fast feedback :)
I can certainly understand where you are coming from and I understand you wanting to stay with a system you know well.
I do not have a lot of experience animating in flash, but from what I remember Unity offers something similar.
In Unity 2D there are two main methods of animating: sprite sheets (very nice, but time consuming) and keyframe animation (faster, but offers less fine tuned control).
From what I understand, keyframe animating is similar to the process used in Flash. I found this tutorial explaining the process in Unity http://gamedevelopment.tutsplus.com/series/bone-based-unity-2d-animation--cms-617 ...
maybe you can have a look and see if it is similar?

At any rate, I know that programming is way easier in Unity :)

Again I'm not trying to badger you into switching :) it is just I really like your projects and would like to help. But I won't be much use to you in Flash :)
If you still feel Unity is not right for you, I won't pester you again :) but continue to enjoy your work.
Spartacus

Postby DaveMcDavidson » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:31 pm

scolexxx Wrote:

it could occur after pregnancy. it could cause debuffs like decreased speed if you become engorged. it could also be karma based. good karma would let it dry up. bad karma would cause it to increase in volume and never go away. lactation could lead to new scenes and interactions
DaveMcDavidson

Postby heemun » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:40 pm

Spartacus, isn't Unity player unavailable in all Chromium browsers right now (i guess Firefox coming soon too)?
heemun
Newly Registered

Postby scolexxx » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:03 pm

Spartacus Wrote:
scolexxx Wrote:

Thank you for the fast feedback :)
I can certainly understand where you are coming from and I understand you wanting to stay with a system you know well.
I do not have a lot of experience animating in flash, but from what I remember Unity offers something similar.
In Unity 2D there are two main methods of animating: sprite sheets (very nice, but time consuming) and keyframe animation (faster, but offers less fine tuned control).
From what I understand, keyframe animating is similar to the process used in Flash. I found this tutorial explaining the process in Unity http://gamedevelopment.tutsplus.com/series/bone-based-unity-2d-animation--cms-617 ...
maybe you can have a look and see if it is similar?

At any rate, I know that programming is way easier in Unity :)

Again I'm not trying to badger you into switching :) it is just I really like your projects and would like to help. But I won't be much use to you in Flash :)
If you still feel Unity is not right for you, I won't pester you again :) but continue to enjoy your work.

Thanks! I read the tutorial but it is actually bone based animation that I am trying to avoid! Flash allows me to animate pieces as dynamic shapes instead of blocks that are stretched and moved. For example, a set of swinging tits. A bone based animation would consist of an image of tits being stretched and rotated in a combination of axes. This works but you can still tell its just an image being stretched. This type of animation is used in Breeding Season, MIM, the list goes on. This can be done quick and dirty in both Flash and Unity. When I animate a set of tits in Flash, I actually change the curves that make up the shape. This gives the illusion of greater realism and smoothness, but apparently can't be done in Unity. I create my looped animations as a linear adjustment from shape A to B, then set the current frame of the loop to follow a cos wave, so I can change the speed and depth of the hang of the tits by adjusting variables in the formula. By using variables linked to another ongoing animation, like the movement of the girl's whole body, I can actually generate the illusion of momentum in the tits. I'm not sure how I would do this in Unity. And don't even get me started on how a piece of animated clothing could have it's color changed :lol:
I hope this clears up why I will keep using Flash!

DaveMcDavidson Wrote:
scolexxx Wrote:

it could occur after pregnancy. it could cause debuffs like decreased speed if you become engorged. it could also be karma based. good karma would let it dry up. bad karma would cause it to increase in volume and never go away. lactation could lead to new scenes and interactions

This could definiely work, just like I've said before, the tits won't be able to change size. Another possibility I've considered is that lactation is always available and breast milk can be sold as a commodity, and used in missions or crafting some items.

scolexxx

Postby Spartacus » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:44 am

scolexxx Wrote:Thanks! I read the tutorial but it is actually bone based animation that I am trying to avoid! Flash allows me to animate pieces as dynamic shapes instead of blocks that are stretched and moved. For example, a set of swinging tits. A bone based animation would consist of an image of tits being stretched and rotated in a combination of axes. This works but you can still tell its just an image being stretched. This type of animation is used in Breeding Season, MIM, the list goes on. This can be done quick and dirty in both Flash and Unity. When I animate a set of tits in Flash, I actually change the curves that make up the shape. This gives the illusion of greater realism and smoothness, but apparently can't be done in Unity. I create my looped animations as a linear adjustment from shape A to B, then set the current frame of the loop to follow a cos wave, so I can change the speed and depth of the hang of the tits by adjusting variables in the formula. By using variables linked to another ongoing animation, like the movement of the girl's whole body, I can actually generate the illusion of momentum in the tits. I'm not sure how I would do this in Unity. And don't even get me started on how a piece of animated clothing could have it's color changed :lol:
I hope this clears up why I will keep using Flash!

Again thanks for the reply :) I understand now. I think you can pull this off in Unity by using blend trees and sprite sheets, you would have shape A and B be states in the blend tree and then you have a variable to indicate the transition between the two. I know they recently added two dimensional blend trees so you can vary over multiple variables (like you would have multiple vars in PET, the up/down and left/right on the mouse).
But I have only once watched a tutorial on blend trees and am far from an expert on this, so I would not be able to help you setting this up. So in the interest of speed and your sanity, you best keep using flash.

would you be willing to part with the art assets for one scene of PET? that way I can experiment a little with blend trees in Unity so I can maybe offer an alternative if you run into performance issues in Flash.
I totally understand though if you would be unwilling to part with art assets ...
Spartacus

Postby Tim20201 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:43 pm

Hi, I just made this forum account to let you know how awesome this game is.
I've been following your progress with Pet for some time now and not said much because I had nothing to complain about but since youre starting a new project and even taking ideas id like to throw my two cents in.
1.Different hair colors. I mean blonds are awesome and all but a raven haired goddess is good to and I dont see it being too much of a problem making that color slider.
2.Different types of pubic hair ranging from bald to shaggy(lol zoinks). I could see how that would take time to implement but an idea regardless!
3. Ways of taking care of(and keeping your children) In pet you kinda just poop out a baby and poof! its gone to some daycare center or something, im talking about adding an immersive parenting element and yes that could take awhile to implement into the new game.(I know ive seen people bring this mechanic up but id like to poke at it a little more)

Thanks for bringing these awesome games to life! Keep up the good work man!!
Tim20201
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects