Project Synthesis Early Alpha

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Project Synthesis Early Alpha

Postby DarakBlack » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:18 pm

Hey everybody, I have been a long time lurker and I have finally decided to join in on being part of the community. I have been inspired by the works of so many projects on this site most notably "Peaches Untold Tale" and "Sakyubasu no Tatakai" and I wanted to create a community contribution in the form of a game. It is in its super early stages right now, I just got a super early alpha version finished, after about a month and a half to two months work, that is playable, but only barely, I will be updating as frequently as I can, my goal is to have a new update here every Monday, real life permitting.

Oh, also one more note, its an HTML 5 game, not a flash game, but I figured this was the best section to post it, since it is instantly playable in the browser.

Currently I am hosting the game on newgrounds.
http://www.newgrounds.com/projects/games/876898/preview

Controls

Up Arrow = Jump
Left Arrow = Run Left
Right Arrow = Run Right
Spacebar = End Interaction with other characters
Numbpad + = zoom in
numpad - = zoom out

See you all next week with some updates :D

Update: 07/13/2015
Optimized the game a lot, should play much more smoothly
Added a zoom in and zoom out button. + and - on the numpad
Enemies can now damage, and kill, the player
Last edited by DarakBlack on Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarakBlack
Newly Registered

Re: Project Synthesis Early Alpha

Postby VinGareth » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:46 am

Are those... Do you fight (er, "fight") pickles dudes? Man, Veggie Tales went dark.

The animations are pretty solid, just a bit too fast. This might end up being pretty neat.
VinGareth

Postby BlueVixen » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:10 am

Well, it seems promising..Though, there are a few issues I've encountered. I'll list them, and see if it'll help.

*I'm hardly able to move from the first platform, I have experienced way too much lag. Not sure if it's just me and my crappy laptop, or if it's just a general thing.

*The Character seems stuck in a Pre-Jump pose, which does not allow me to jump or move correctly. Again, I'm stuck on the first Platform.

*Jumping seems to be a bit botched, when I'm able to move the Character either reaches just the edge of the next platform, or misses completely and falls to her Death.

Aside from this, things are looking pretty good! Would you like some assistance? :)
BlueVixen

Postby DarakBlack » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:18 am

So VineGareth, when you say the animations are a bit fast, is it all the animations, or a couple in particular?

BlueVixen I will look into optimizing the game a lot, i left little thought to keeping it efficient when I started, so its likely that your experiencing issues simply because the game is really bloated right now. (IE sprites 4 times larger then they need to be and so on)

I never thought about getting help or adding a member to the team, but sure, why not! what would be the best way to talk to you about it?
DarakBlack
Newly Registered

Postby BlueVixen » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:12 am

Well, you only have two posts so talking to me through the PM system it out of the question. Unless you have Skype it'd be best to just talk through here. Simply inform me on what all you need? As I said, I'm very artistic!
BlueVixen

Postby VinGareth » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:30 am

I just think that the running animation seems a bit off, especially with the momentum system. All of the other animations look fine, however. I agree, this does look promising, and you don't see many pure platformers around here.
VinGareth

Postby WonderGamer » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:03 pm

Looks like this was removed from NG... :-\
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby Kyn » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:52 am

WonderGamer Wrote:Looks like this was removed from NG... :-\

This, I was looking forward to giving it a shot too
Kyn

Postby Emily21 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:25 pm

It seems promising, I think it could be pretty cool. :)
Emily21

Return to Flash Projects