Elana Champion of Lust Chap2 βeta 1- Updated(01/31/2019)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Elana Champion of Lust (ALPHA266)-Updated(08/02/2016)

Postby Kumokumo » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:23 pm

Site servers went down for 50+ hours because the host site eff'ed up somewhere. So no posts were made between oct 11 and oct 13
" V o d k a m e a n s w a t e r i n R u s s i a n "
Kumokumo

Postby Space Cat » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:50 am

Kumokumo Wrote:Site servers went down for 50+ hours because the host site eff'ed up somewhere. So no posts were made between oct 11 and oct 13

ahhhhhhhh. I did not know that.
Space Cat

Postby Space Cat » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:51 am

Got another piece of possible audio for the game:

This is the 4th one, I think. let me know what you guys think. :)
Space Cat

Postby Kumokumo » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:54 am

no problem, i only knew about it because i check the forum every few hours :lol: :lol: :lol:

And thnx for all the audio donations, i'm sure knot games is pretty grateful for the input.
Kumokumo

Postby Space Cat » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am

Kumokumo Wrote:no problem, i only knew about it because i check the forum every few hours :lol: :lol: :lol:

And thnx for all the audio donations, i'm sure knot games is pretty grateful for the input.

heh :P. I have one more I'll post soon. that will conclude the first batch of material I have. What have you thought of them?
Space Cat

Postby Kumokumo » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:06 am

They're pretty good, i think my favorite so far is sea temple. The music (as well as the name) remind me of some of the serene music from Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess. It was a pleasant bit of nostalgia, though the space anomaly is also pretty good. Space Artifact was actually Really good, but the problem with that one is the music is a little... geez not sure how to put it but i guess "Hard" is the closest. It's just a bit to "Hard" for this game (at least for any current events thus far, there might be something later with which to incorporate it, but that's still to be seen). It's ALMOST a good match for the game, but i feel like it has a little too much impact compared to the other, which is good normally and i love the impact it has, but music needs to match the game as well. I suppose it COULD be used for some of the night scenes, or maybe a scene in either the academy or the church, but other than that i'm finding a hard time for it to synergize with. But from a musical standpoint, i think it's spectacular and if Knot CAN find somewhere in the game to use it well it'd be amazing :P
Kumokumo

Postby Space Cat » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:31 pm

Kumokumo Wrote:They're pretty good, i think my favorite so far is sea temple. The music (as well as the name) remind me of some of the serene music from Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess. It was a pleasant bit of nostalgia, though the space anomaly is also pretty good. Space Artifact was actually Really good, but the problem with that one is the music is a little... geez not sure how to put it but i guess "Hard" is the closest. It's just a bit to "Hard" for this game (at least for any current events thus far, there might be something later with which to incorporate it, but that's still to be seen). It's ALMOST a good match for the game, but i feel like it has a little too much impact compared to the other, which is good normally and i love the impact it has, but music needs to match the game as well. I suppose it COULD be used for some of the night scenes, or maybe a scene in either the academy or the church, but other than that i'm finding a hard time for it to synergize with. But from a musical standpoint, i think it's spectacular and if Knot CAN find somewhere in the game to use it well it'd be amazing :P

Hey now. that's some feedback! Thanks! You have no idea how helpful it is when someone takes the time to do that.

I also have been getting zelda feelz from this new ambient project I'm working on (the project all these loops are coming out of). I've been using a simple tone generator as the base instrument. So far I've had it set to sine waves (soft round tone) and triangle waves (a little more spiky and artificial sounding). It makes for some very nostalgic sounds, reminding me of old NES and SNES zelda games. I'm so glad you like the deep sea temple loop. Thank you. That one turned out so well, I wrote a full tune around it in no time: please let me know what you think of it, if you have the time to take a listen. :)

I agree about space artifact. Only thing that comes to mind that it MIGHT do ok with, is for one of the training exercise mini games. But yeah, just a little too hard and energetic for most other parts of the game. I may fiddle with it and make a softer rounder version when I get a chance. :)
Space Cat

Postby Space Cat » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:17 am

And another piece of possible audio for the game:

kinda has a mountain feel to me, maybe something spooky happening. I'll see what you guys think. please remember, I can easily modify, length, volume, intensity, speed, file format, if there is something you really want to use but need changed to make fit in somewhere.
Space Cat

Postby Rauldelano » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:12 am

This game seems to have the best art style I have seen from a recent game not from GoRepeat. I really enjoyed the foreground art. Just a question, are you hosting this on WetPussy?
Rauldelano

Postby Kumokumo » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:35 am

Rauldelano Wrote:This game seems to have the best art style I have seen from a recent game not from GoRepeat. I really enjoyed the foreground art. Just a question, are you hosting this on WetPussy?

I believe he is, which i'm all for since WetPussy is my oldest friend. I like them because they don't add millions of clone games, so almost all of them are unique or different, and they don't do the third party crap, BS links, or overload their site with hundreds of Ads. I actually wouldn't even be on this site if it weren't for them, so i'm happy to see KnotGames giving that site a little extra attention. :P
Kumokumo

Postby Knotgames » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:11 pm

Sorry it's been a while since I answered something here people. I'll be checking this more often from now on.

The music looks awesome. Makes me think on very specific areas or situations though, like dreaming events or magic places, places where the atmosphere is different somehow like a temple but I'm sure we'll be able to give a good use for this music. Thank you very much.

About the animals, livestock and the sheep XD I can only imagine the sheep in an event rubbing against Elana's leg while she tries the get rid of it and for the other animals probably not with the original form but, since Elana will mess a little with potions and other magical powers during chapter two, things like this http://elanachampionoflust.blogspot.com ... eople.html could not be uncommon.

About the combat with the archmage and the possibility of having two attacks, on next version (the one we'll upload soon) it will be a little easier but we'll not change the combat of the chapter one, however, Elana is going to have a lot of friend to choose during chapter 2 to help her during the fights ( no only during the fights :P).

Sorry if I'm forgetting something and don't hesitate to ask anything you'll like a clarification or you'll like to suggest.
Knotgames

Postby Kumokumo » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:25 pm

Good to hear, glad to hear back from you knot :)

Btw, do you have any further plans for the soul-stealing forest witch and the "counting crazy" (crazy guy bearded guy in the market/housing/fountain at night)? I'd like to see more story development with those two. Also, maybe an additional night scene with the bartender would be interesting too, like Elena can use those "sausage licking" skills she so blatantly teased him with earlier hehe. I also like your concepts for the additional races (savages and shadow-merfolk) though my favorite of the two might have to be the Savages. I just like things with fur. Probably why i'm on THIS forum page lol. :P

I look forward to seeing your thoughts on this as well as maybe discussing other subjects as well if you have the time. And thanks for all your hard work on this game. :)
Kumokumo

Postby Mixbreed18 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:25 pm

Hey Knot, loving this game so far! really stands out with the art, music and overall how the mechanics work! You and your team have done an amazing job so far and I can' wait for the next beta! :D

Playing through it though, I think I've found two bugs. Well, 1 and a small error.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

This first one is just showing how when Omegara attacks, the attack photo shows Alphara. The opposite is also true. (Alphara attacking and showing up as Omegara)

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

This one shows the game frozen after I tried to use a spell in this fight. I can still hover over the characters but, the fight doesn't progress and I'm forced to restart the game. Think you can help me out?
Mixbreed18
Newly Registered

Postby Kumokumo » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:41 pm

i dunno about the 2nd one, but the first bug was fixed in the patron's version that we'll be seeing fairly soon.
Kumokumo

Postby Knotgames » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:48 pm

Thanks for reporting it ^^

And yes, both bugs should be fixed on the next public version we'll upload soon.
Knotgames

Re: Elana Champion of Lust chapter1(Beta1.5)-(11/04/2016)

Postby Code Bunny Studios » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:50 pm

This game is definitely getting better and better. I'm impressed as titles like this often get abandoned after a year or so. Keep it up :)
Code Bunny Studios

Postby Knotgames » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:04 am

Thanks! We'll do our best.
Knotgames

Postby nemeses » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:07 pm

where do i get the blue sigil? i really hope it isn't in the tavern after completing the bard stuff, that stuff is broken as hell
nemeses
Newly Registered

Postby Kumokumo » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:56 pm

Pretty sure that's where you get the yellow one.... but either way you DO get a sigil from that, yes. You only need to do it once though, if it's too hard, try using two hands for it. Like using your Left Index Finger on the "Q", Right Index Finger on "W", and Right Middle Finger on "E". That way the "Q" key is reserved for a single hand which helps keep you from getting your your other two fingers mixed up with the colors. OH and also important to note, you DON'T have to hit the key dead in the box. Try to hit it about 1/4-1/2 a centimeter above the box and it will count. Once it passes the hit box, you won't get it. In other words, it's easier to hit it early than it is to hit it late. :)

I actually suck at those kinda mini-games, so you're not alone. I managed to figure it out, so i'm sure you can too. You just need to get into the rhythm of it. :)
Kumokumo

Postby Knotgames » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:15 pm

We made changes on it a thousand times and always worked find to us and on all computers we checked it but... since we've been reported a lot of times about problems with this music minigame, we added a button on the top of the screen to skip it if necessary ^^
Knotgames

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects