Rayman: The Nymph Chronicles (Back in the Works)

Post and discuss creative ideas

Re: Rayman: The Nymph Chronicles

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:00 pm

Count yourself on the team. I've been messing around with the Rabbids concept, but my biggest problem was there look (converting 3d to 2d). However I love the simplicity of the drawing, because It looks like it would be from the Origins and Legends. I'd love to see what else you can do.
Morals don't apply to me. I'm a Bear made of Cheese.
cheddaredgrizzly

Postby VintageBass » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:19 pm

cheddaredgrizzly Wrote:Count yourself on the team. I've been messing around with the Rabbids concept, but my biggest problem was there look (converting 3d to 2d). However I love the simplicity of the drawing, because It looks like it would be from the Origins and Legends. I'd love to see what else you can do.

The thing is that the top one is the one I drew, the bottom one is what is done for another project, since there was something where the Rabbids were going to appear in Legends but were scrapped. I just figure that there's that design and use it as a base. I'll try to work on it to make it more like the actual design, and I did the eyes like that just for fun.

And I already wanted to help with the writing, but if I can help with some of the enemy designs, then I'll help. Heck I got a couple of ideas for these guys already, mostly out of jokes, so I'll have those once I'm done!
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:27 pm

This game is meant to be silly, so let's bring on the silly.
I already wanted to help with the writing
As for that, I am waiting for some sort of solid gameplay before I worry too much on the story. I believe a good story is important, but right now I just need to focus on the assets for the game.
cheddaredgrizzly

Postby Nikag » Sat May 02, 2015 10:10 am

VintageBass Wrote:Pardon me, but I did a thing...

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

He looks so content with things...

Yeah this is more of a test of what I can do, not a completed creature. I need to figure out how to make it like this, with the whole body connected and the shading, but I just want to test things.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Hah, that looks great!
Nikag

Postby hunterxkake21 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:29 am

is progress going along steadly chedder?
hunterxkake21
Newly Registered

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:39 am

Terrantor is reworking the game engine while I have the basic sketch of World 1 level 1. Mostly what is slowing down my progress was Skype problems in the beginning and the fact I am still living with my parents and my little sister...even just making levels makes it kind of weird. never the less though, there is progress being made.
cheddaredgrizzly

Postby tantaluss » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:35 am

New Rayman game announced; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRjXVjmb9nw
Possible source for level or character ideas?
tantaluss

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:13 am

Well we will see what we can do with this. This makes me super excited.
cheddaredgrizzly

Postby tantaluss » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:23 am

There doesn't seem to be a release date yet, I know that you said you were wanting to get the game mechanics completed first before you decided on a story or characters, but do you think you'd have to alter much if there is something you want to use and it came out next year?
tantaluss

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:23 pm

If I wanted to add something to it, it wouldn't be too much editing (although I'm not really in charge of Programing now am I :P ). By the time were finished with the game the New Rayman will already be out so it shouldn't be too much of a problem, and worse comes to worse I can program an Add on when it's done. I wonder if that has been done before? LOK DLC? Lol
cheddaredgrizzly

Postby tantaluss » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:40 pm

I suppose all the remakes of LOK, mario is missing, the whole forum really are dlcs for the original in a way :) . Yeah, i suppose you could just chop and change a game like this at any stage you might want to, if it doesn't change the bare mechanics. Are you basing the current levels your planning on specific ones from Rayman games, or are they all original areas that are keeping the general aesthetic?
tantaluss

Postby VintageBass » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:07 pm

tantaluss Wrote:I suppose all the remakes of LOK, mario is missing, the whole forum really are dlcs for the original in a way :) . Yeah, i suppose you could just chop and change a game like this at any stage you might want to, if it doesn't change the bare mechanics. Are you basing the current levels your planning on specific ones from Rayman games, or are they all original areas that are keeping the general aesthetic?

Going off the art style for this so far, it seems like we're going for a more Origins sort of look, which I'm all for. Which reminds me to fix up my Rabbid design and work on trying to get parts made to make it easier to work with later on, and then the fun of coming up with a ton of different designs!

Otherwise I got a few other baddies that I'll get to eventually. Just need something better than a mouse to work with and an idea on how to actually create stuff in Flash to have separate parts and vectors.
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:02 am

That's good. As of lately Things have come to a stand still for me because my original computer that had Flash had died. Everything has been saved but I need to download Flash to our new computer, As well as the fact that my family had finally sold our old house I haven't had time to work on the project. I should get back to progress, eventually.
cheddaredgrizzly

Postby Kurushimi » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:01 am

I understand writing may not be a large part of this kind of project, but do you expect to eventually need a proofreader?
Kurushimi

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:06 pm

Kurushimi Wrote:I understand writing may not be a large part of this kind of project, but do you expect to eventually need a proofreader?

Writing is actually very important to me in this project, but I have a higher priority on the gameplay first than story as of now. I am doing this because if your game is not fun, then no one will care about the story. Eventually will write the story in. Vintagebass has volunteered to help with the writing, but when it comes to proofreading there is always room in the team if your interested.
cheddaredgrizzly

Postby tantaluss » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:42 am

It's been a couple of months since anything has been heard about this project. Is it still ongoing?
tantaluss

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:59 pm

I will say this, things have been complicated. I haven't completely given up on the project, but I will admit I haven't done much since the last official update was made. I had to get a new computer and with that lost my Flash program. (it was a pirated version my friend got for me, because flash is way too expensive otherwise) I've been looking into some other animation software but am unsure what will work with flash for the programing, as well as I have little time work on the project, as I mentioned when I pitched the idea. As I said I haven't completely given up on the project. I have been "gathering" pictures for references so I can create the best world possible.

IDK maybe this weekend I'll talk to Vintage Bass and Terantor again to try to pick up where I have been slacking.
Thanks for reminding me anyway though. I'll try to get some artwork out by next week.

Cheddared Grizzly
cheddaredgrizzly

Postby VintageBass » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:07 am

Well I have been busy with other things, not to mention trying to get other projects up myself, but I am still interested in the game and getting something done for it. Sure I haven't done anything outside of the Rabbid base (which I am going to improve upon anyway), since I am dealing with my own technical bits on my end, but I am hoping by the end of the year I get myself a new rig that'll be able to get good things done, along with a new mouse and, potentially, saving up for a new tablet to draw things!

Still, I'll figure something out and work it out. Just need to knock things out and I'll be all set to get going with creatures for the game and all sorts of wonderful things to add as well!
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:42 am

Well hopefully we will get some stuff done. I'll get all the concept art out of the way over the next few weeks. Then expect the background art, Animations, character interactions, and then finally building the game in a coherent way.
cheddaredgrizzly

Postby tantaluss » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:14 pm

Thanks for the status info, don't feel pressured to do anything. I'm grateful that you're doing this project and anything you do towards is very much appreciated, but I can understand that other things in life can take precedence and that even small flash games are big projects. I'd love to see more of this and am glad it isn't abandoned (especially as it's a really unique setting) but don't feel pressured to set deadlines as I know your doing this of your own back and in your own spare time.
tantaluss

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion