PokéMorph (Discontinued)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: PokéMorph (Update Coming Soon!)

Postby blazerocket89 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:38 pm

When eevee goes in the pokeball it fixed the sprite glitch for me
blazerocket89
Newly Registered

Postby TyrelJerome » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:38 am

Can't wait for the next update to come out. I'll be checking often, making sure to catch it A$AP!
TyrelJerome

Postby pokemonfan » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:20 am

I have a problem so I was going to play this game because it's a pokemon game why not right? But as I try to launch it nothing comes up no title screen nothing just a black screen. I really hope this isn't on my end since it is my first time downloading this game. Any help would be appreciated. Also it's the .exe version that just stays black. I tried the web version as well and the same thing happened so I'm really kinda disapointed in finding the game not working for an unknown reason but I do hope there is a fix to this problem.
pokemonfan
Newly Registered

Postby Dapper Gent » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:25 pm

Rename the game file to Pokemorph (no special e) or Game. For some reason the editor doesn't like the file name. See if that works.

We're still struggling with getting the art done. I even rolled up my sleeves and am trying to get some of them done myself...which is nearly torture. But we'll be announcing when we get close to release.

Again, we apologize for the delay. We were planning for a mid Feb release at the latest but real life knocked most of us on the head.

I haven't updated the list yet but I'm up to Ninetails in the pokedex. I'm trying to redo that one.
Dapper Gent

Postby [Blank] » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:45 pm

Have you thought of expanding to other forums? You might be able to get more volunteers or more patrons by doing so. (Off the top of my head I'm thinking Fenoxo's Forums, ULMF, and Hongfire.)
[Blank]

Postby Avian07 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:04 am

That would be a great idea i was gonna suggest the same thing, also uploading to svscomics site would also help increase some patons but t I think it'll be better if we got the new engine out first. We dont want the number of complainees to increase and drag us down. Well its not up to me anyway, im just the artist. Dapper and crew do all the decisions.
Avian07

Postby Dapper Gent » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:44 am

I'm not opposed to branching out to more locations but I do want to get some steady work going before we do so. Just to show we're actively working on the game.
Dapper Gent

Postby ValturNaa » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:20 pm

I'm with Dapper and Avian on this. Once we have a relatively stable and well-oiled build I'd be more than happy to spread it around and attract more attention but in the meantime it's a WIP that could get bogged down by too big an audience. As far as getting more volunteers, Dapper has already been on many sites looking for assistance but with no luck so far. I for one am looking forward to the day we get a skilled coder and I can focus more on the writing. At that point, I think productivity will steady out and become much faster, as long as the art team can keep up.
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby Shardoom » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:10 pm

That "(Update Coming Soon!)" tag is kind of demoralising now. I was really excited when that went up. 'Pokemon Pink' (as it was when I played through, and the version I still have) is/was a really fun game. Is there any kind of even 'rough' estimates as to when the continuation will be released?
Shardoom

Postby Dapper Gent » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:11 am

Trust me when I day that you're not the only one who feels that way, Shardoom. Imagine how we felt after setting two hard deadlines and blew past both of them with nothing to show.

But I do have good news. Avian found a program that will help us with scene design. I already have a full set lined up. I won't be able to give a good estimate until I start drawing the scenes. But using the program it takes about an hour to set up the scenes and about two hours to draw it. Depending on real life interference, it could be a couple of weeks or another month or so to finish the art.

With luck Val should be touching up the final event by then too. But he's right, if we could get a seasoned coder then we could put more effort into the new program which will, in theory, help create content faster.

Between this 3d program we're using and the plans being implemented for the editor, we could see a boom in productivity in the near future.
Dapper Gent

Postby pokemonfan » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:05 am

Dapper Gent Wrote:Rename the game file to Pokemorph (no special e) or Game. For some reason the editor doesn't like the file name. See if that works.

We're still struggling with getting the art done. I even rolled up my sleeves and am trying to get some of them done myself...which is nearly torture. But we'll be announcing when we get close to release.

Again, we apologize for the delay. We were planning for a mid Feb release at the latest but real life knocked most of us on the head.

I haven't updated the list yet but I'm up to Ninetails in the pokedex. I'm trying to redo that one.

Ah alright it worked thanks. Also I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but bay sprite messes up like there are five bay sprites on the screen at the same time. I was at the forest when it happened I turned off the game then restarted it nothing changed. Any help regarding this would be appreciated as well.
pokemonfan
Newly Registered

Postby Dapper Gent » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:01 am

That's a common bug. Try doing something that resets the sprite, such as doing the story, camping or healing at a pokecenter. If that doesn't work then you'll have to wait for Deadman or Val to get back to you.
Dapper Gent

Postby pokemonfan » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:55 am

Dapper Gent Wrote:That's a common bug. Try doing something that resets the sprite, such as doing the story, camping or healing at a pokecenter. If that doesn't work then you'll have to wait for Deadman or Val to get back to you.

Well I tried that but this keeps happening. It's a annoying bug I find out if you try to load in the forest this bug happens. There is no way to fix it or reset it I tried everything.
Attachments
untitled.png
Well I tried that but this keeps happening
untitled.png (43.2 KiB) Viewed 1712 times
pokemonfan
Newly Registered

Postby Dapper Gent » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:15 pm

I'm sorry but Val or Deadman might be able to help you. That's the extent of my knowledge regarding this issue. :oops:
Dapper Gent

Postby ValturNaa » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:28 am

You say the load causes this? Or did an event cause it and reloading didn't fix it?
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby pokemonfan » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:47 pm

ValturNaa Wrote:You say the load causes this? Or did an event cause it and reloading didn't fix it?

So I saved in the forest because it was getting late and I was sleepy then when I loaded the file the next day that happened. I think it only does that in the forest. I might be wrong but that's the one place it's happened to me.
pokemonfan
Newly Registered

Postby ValturNaa » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:46 pm

Huh. Weird. Well, deadman has been running tests on this and so far hasn't found anything so hopefully we zapped this in the latest build. And even more hopefully, now that we have the team on discord we should be able to get back on track more easily and get the full chapter released sooner than later. I'm already seeing productivity starting to pick up again, and that's a very hopeful thing to see.
ValturNaa

Postby Hunden » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:41 pm

Maybe I should not comment. But I've actually found a solution to the problem in Evil.
Hunden

Postby Dead2112man » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:40 am

Hunden Wrote:Maybe I should not comment. But I've actually found a solution to the problem in Evil.

Nope, your comment in this situation is good.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby Hunden » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:38 am

Dead2112man Wrote:
Hunden Wrote:Maybe I should not comment. But I've actually found a solution to the problem in Evil.

Nope, your comment in this situation is good.

It's actually very simple. I went and wrote this little detail in an event on all sides. I can certainly make it more complicated and it ensures that every time you go to a new area, there is not the problem.
hvad jeg har gjort.png
Hunden

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects