PokéMorph (Discontinued)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: PokéMorph (Update: 6/20/17!)

Postby Salgo » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:13 am

For me it's the first time I play it and there was a bug when i met professor Oak, after my character began turning like he was looking all around him nothing happened. I had to open the menu and close it to be able to move. Then I get out, get back in and the animation restart. I had to open and close the menu while I was talked to to be able to continue the conversation (I was able to walk around while Oak talked to me). Then I got stuck where after you have to return to your home with Eevee she begin sniffing around. I did the same scene numerous time and it did this:

-My character doesn't do anything (doesn't turn around to ask Eevee what was up)
-If he ask and run after her, she walks into trees, into cliff, teleport, end up in a tree and it stops just before the slope
-When it actually seems to work: he run after her, she does not teleport, but then Eevee begin to slide until the top of the slope and stop there while looking at my character who also slides and stop there.

Also, Eevee keeps changing between the PokeMorph and the normal version. I don't know if she is suppose to stay at the normal version in the beginning, but well... not for me.
I really want to play to this game, it looks great even tough I couldn't play a lot of it. I also don't know if I am the only one with this problem. I would be grateful for any help if it's my fault.
Salgo
Newly Registered

Postby Funposter » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:15 am

Dongman Wrote:I tried the new dl for the update and I keep getting stuck when going through doors. The game continues to play music but wont let me open the menu or do anything.

Can confirm that this has happened to me too. It doesn't happen all the time though. There are also a few weird things on the new route to Saffron. The music sometimes starts over while wandering around. The campfire event also likes to get stuck after Bay walks up to the tree after talking to Willow. I've also gotten stuck in the barrier near Saffron a few times and had to reload.
Funposter

Postby Dongman » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:22 am

The door to prof. oak's lab and the door to Mrs. ketchum's house were the ones that froze it.
Dongman

Postby Funposter » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:29 am

Dongman Wrote:The door to prof. oak's lab and the door to Mrs. ketchum's house were the ones that froze it.

Mine were in Cerulean. The welcome center and I think the pokemon center were the ones that did it. After reloading and trying again, it seemed to fix the problem for me.
Funposter

Postby Dongman » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:54 am

another problem im getting is the cutscene where oak asks bay to check for intruders is freezing. Not like, freezing the game, but the cutscene stopping and being unable to move (unless I open the menu, in which case, I can't interact with any of the characters in the lab, and leaving the building and reentering restarts the cutscene.
(edit) I managed to get the scene to work by retrying it a couple times
Dongman

Postby Funposter » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:16 am

Managed to get the event to work after quite a few attempts. Kind of annoying. Why does it hang like that in some spots? Too much going on? Some attempts I let the text roll naturally rather than hit shift to speed up dialogue. Probably a placebo, but it sorted itself out.
Funposter

Postby Dongman » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:53 am

same thing happened for me with the scene where evee finds a wounded spearow, exept I have to restart the game to retry it and it is still not working. Also evee is in the pokemorph form sprite when it should be the non morph one. not shure what caused that to happen
Dongman

Postby Dapper Gent » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:14 am

::deep, long sigh::

So Val tried to implement a code that would fix the constant issue with stacking sprites by running a check every four seconds but it looks like it's glitchy with the events where Bay talks to people like Oak and Dr. Magnus and so on. For some reason it's also effecting entering doors too.
Dapper Gent

Postby bupt » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:34 am

Dongman Wrote:I tried the new dl for the update and I keep getting stuck when going through doors. The game continues to play music but wont let me open the menu or do anything.

same problem. Reload game sometimes - helps, but now my game is frozen at moment with Evii and (cave? or what it?) 50 + reloads but...
bupt
Newly Registered

Postby npnotp » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:17 am

In version 1.62:
Entering Oaks lab for the first scene works only half the time, also no pressing shift as this caused the whole scene to lock
Exiting to find Eevee also locked the game once
Team Rocket event doesn't start correctly (used 1.60 to complete it)
Eevee sprite switches to morphed form randomly during events afterwards (and breaks injured bird event)
Have not continued further on 1.62

I guess I'll play on 1.60 for a while
npnotp
Newly Registered

Postby jaredh72 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:07 am

So I loaded up a save where I was inside the tent Vermilion City Pokemon Center, and it caused the glitch in the picture (had this happen before in Pokemon Evil too). Is this the stacked sprites glitch or something else?
Attachments
PokeMorph.jpg
Glitch
jaredh72

Postby Funposter » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:11 pm

Dapper Gent Wrote:::deep, long sigh::

So Val tried to implement a code that would fix the constant issue with stacking sprites by running a check every four seconds but it looks like it's glitchy with the events where Bay talks to people like Oak and Dr. Magnus and so on. For some reason it's also effecting entering doors too.

To his credit, that part does work. I've gotten a few stacking sprites, but they've been going away on their own without any trouble.
Funposter

Postby envyuria » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:18 pm

So I've been playing this game today and I'm kinda stuck in Cerulean City. After getting the Tickets for the show and trying to leave the house, i'm getting pushed into the "black" part of the screen and can't get out of it.
envyuria

Postby GrowingNoob666 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:59 pm

npnotp Wrote:In version 1.62:
Entering Oaks lab for the first scene works only half the time, also no pressing shift as this caused the whole scene to lock
Exiting to find Eevee also locked the game once
Team Rocket event doesn't start correctly (used 1.60 to complete it)
Eevee sprite switches to morphed form randomly during events afterwards (and breaks injured bird event)
Have not continued further on 1.62

I guess I'll play on 1.60 for a while

can you send me the 1.60 ver.
GrowingNoob666
Newly Registered

Re: finally fixed (I hope)

Postby ValturNaa » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:39 pm

So, I've been playing with the stacking sprites fixer script today and I think I've managed to make it work without causing errors with other scripts. As soon as deadman can confirm this, we'll be releasing a new hotfix. Wanted to apologize for the rocky start we've had with this launch. A lot has been changed between versions, and I've been too hasty pushing out fixes without first testing to make sure they worked. That's something I'll have to be more wary of in the future.

jaredh72 Wrote:So I loaded up a save where I was inside the tent Vermilion City Pokemon Center, and it caused the glitch in the picture (had this happen before in Pokemon Evil too). Is this the stacked sprites glitch or something else?

Yes, that's exactly what that is, and what I was attempting to fix with the last update. The problem lies in Humbird0's save engine: on occasion, it will replace the word "directions" in your save file with "rections". This causes the spritesheets to be cut wrong and makes sprites stack up like that. An easy self-help fix is to save to the clipboard and paste it into notepad++, then use the find and replace function to correct the typo. I've actually done the reverse to confirm my fixer does its job. However, as soon as my new fix has been confirmed not to break anything else, you should no longer have to worry about this annoying bug.
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby Dongman » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:09 pm

may I ask what the new content in the update is?
Dongman

Postby Ungawa » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:17 pm

Dapper Gent Wrote:::deep, long sigh::

By chance, does anyone play Warframe? This would be a great reference point for the future...

Spoiler (click to show/hide):
Ungawa

Postby Kandine » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:09 am

So I also had the stacking sprites problem and tried ValturNaa's fix of saving to clipboard and found it saved as "didirections" twice
Kandine
Newly Registered

Postby Dapper Gent » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:00 am

No, I don't play it. And the link doesn't work.

This is why we can't wait to get our own engine out, so that we can dig around under the hood to fix such problems instead of finding workarounds. Again, we're trying to squish the bugs we made when trying to fix other bugs.

@Dongman:

Basically everything past route 4. So Cerulean and beyond, as well as a few tweaks to old content.
Dapper Gent

Postby FTG82 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:54 am

Salgo Wrote:For me it's the first time I play it and there was a bug when i met professor Oak, after my character began turning like he was looking all around him nothing happened. I had to open the menu and close it to be able to move. Then I get out, get back in and the animation restart. I had to open and close the menu while I was talked to to be able to continue the conversation.

This is happening to me. I can't get past the first meeting with Professor Oak.
FTG82

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects