PokéMorph (Discontinued)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: PokéMorph (Update Coming Soon!)

Postby BrimstoneZV » Sun May 14, 2017 8:08 pm

Is it wrong of me to capture all the trainers with fanart?

I basicly used the fix sprite animation to edit as many poke-balls and fan_art as I could get to see what the game had to offer.

So i have a few questions, Can we fight Porygon or clumsy charmander so we can get them into our pokedex at any time? The same goes for cosplay pikachu I think.

Also I think I screwed up the school event because now I can't get bondage sandschrew.

Does this game have a wiki by chance?

I also noticed that the Cercrulean gym was way weaker then pewter city gym by the time I got to the Gym I was running level 6-9 and the enemies at highest were 4 and at lowest had a trainer running lvl 1 trainer, lvl 1 magikarp, lvl3 oddish, lvl 1 goldeen(I think). All in all the fights left alot to be desired, But even the wild pokemon near cerulean were at least level 4. I hope this helps out in any way I could provide my save but like I said its kinda silly and has loads of cash and fanarts.
BrimstoneZV
Newly Registered

Postby [Blank] » Mon May 15, 2017 2:52 am

ValturNaa Wrote:
Dapper Gent Wrote:
KrtnAn Wrote:...

http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/About
Just read the Essentials FAQ, and this could be a problem:
"Pokémon Essentials was/is created with the sole intent of being absolutely free to use. This means that developers do not have to "buy" Essentials in order to use it, nor should anyone have to pay money to play any game created with Essentials (either at all or to purchase "perks" or other premium content that would be unavailable to non-payers; this includes paying for server costs or subscriptions, etc.). Optional payments also fall into this category, as they would still be a source of income even if they were voluntary. To charge people in any way for playing a game made with Essentials is unacceptable."

Val will be looking into the program to see if we can edit it as needed. If we can then it might be viable to scrap what we have now and use Pokemon Essentials but I'll leave that verdict to Val once he plays around with it.

Fortunately the payment policy wouldn't really be an issue as we technically don't charge or have a payment system to purchase premium content. Our payments are strictly voluntary and only add to the game, not keep content away from players. In other words, if someone opts in and purchases a quest line then everyone gets to experience it in the following update after it's completed. Any trainer art purchased will also be seen by everyone at one point or another. The only thing that could technically be "premium content" is if someone purchases a new battle art set for a morph or purchases a non-gen 1 morph. But the art purchased will be used in later games.

As I read it, voluntary payments are included in that contract. This is working under the "free forever" contract, which means that donations to the production company are all that are allowed. They have to be legally separated from the product itself. That means no purchasing quests or any perks from the production company; all payments have to be purely to provide funds to be used in production, and feedback and suggestions would need to be separate from payments. So that could indeed be a problem. I'd rather consult with someone more knowledgeable about contract law than myself before diving into that.

So, I've been looking through the Pokemon Essentials content and systems, and I have to say, it is quite impressive. However, I do not have a copy of RPGMaker or the skills to use it, and I don't think I feel comfortable switching to that system at this point. As I am the only mapmaker, sprite scripter, and coder presently on the team, the entire burden of learning the RPGMaker system from zero would be on my head, and I would need to reach advanced knowledge levels just to make necessary changes to the engine to support some of the unique features of this game, both currently in use and in the planning phase. Considering RPGMaker is a very specific tool for pixelated retro RPGs and I find it doubtful I would use it for any other projects, I just don't feel it would be worth the time necessary to learn it to that level. However, if anyone out there has intermediate to advanced RPGMaker skills and is willing to help, I might reconsider.

I'm pretty well-versed in RPGMaker VX Ace and RPGMaker MV, however I do not own RPGMaker XP so the best I could do is give you instructions on how to use RPGMaker XP which you could easily obtain from any youtube video. Search around though and you might find some volunteers who have XP, a lot of people use RPGMaker because of its easy to use interface. (Looking at Humbird0's editor literally melted my brain.)
[Blank]

Postby Dapper Gent » Mon May 15, 2017 3:58 am

BrimstoneZV Wrote:Is it wrong of me to capture all the trainers with fanart?

I basicly used the fix sprite animation to edit as many poke-balls and fan_art as I could get to see what the game had to offer.

So i have a few questions, Can we fight Porygon or clumsy charmander so we can get them into our pokedex at any time? The same goes for cosplay pikachu I think.

Also I think I screwed up the school event because now I can't get bondage sandschrew.

Does this game have a wiki by chance?

I also noticed that the Cercrulean gym was way weaker then pewter city gym by the time I got to the Gym I was running level 6-9 and the enemies at highest were 4 and at lowest had a trainer running lvl 1 trainer, lvl 1 magikarp, lvl3 oddish, lvl 1 goldeen(I think). All in all the fights left alot to be desired, But even the wild pokemon near cerulean were at least level 4. I hope this helps out in any way I could provide my save but like I said its kinda silly and has loads of cash and fanarts.

Yes because the trainers aren't supposed to be capturable. :P

Well, technically everything past rt 4 is incomplete with the current release. Once we switch to the new program we'll be making it like the original games where the pokedex gets updated automatically when you get them.

The school event wasn't fully finished but you do have the chance of not getting the Sandshrew. However, it won't be a complete loss as you'll be able to get another special morph if you go the other route.

No, no wiki.

I'll have to get back to you about the Cerulean and surrounding event battles. I think we made them more difficult.
Dapper Gent

Postby Dead2112man » Mon May 15, 2017 6:47 pm

BrimstoneZV Wrote:...........

Just piggy backing off of my Boss Dapper here
Ditto what dapper said about the trainers, they are meant to be non-capture, That was a feature that was in the Humbird0 version that we did think about but then threw away for we don't see a good point in keeping it.
Those are event pokemon, but, I guess if you want to fight them so bad, you could always lose them to a trainer that has charm moves and fight them then and there, I would not recremend this for could make you lose them forever.
there is two ways the school will go, IN THE FINISHED VERSION OF THE CHAPTER, not the current opps we forgot to block cerulian off version, each with a unique pokemon.
No, Wiki, most likely never a Wiki
Oh, just you wait, your going to be having lots of fun with the trainers levels when the chapter gets dropped.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby ValturNaa » Mon May 15, 2017 8:30 pm

Yes, I have been adjusting levels for Cerulean+ content, which is the focus of the upcoming release; the only reason fights there were so low to begin with is to make them easier to pass during the testing phase, and I will gladly double-check to make sure they are at the appropriate level. However, if you're exploiting the system to give you lvl 8-9 pokemon in the third chapter of a 9-chapter game, NOTHING will be able to challenge you. Until we're working in another engine, level 20 is the hard cap on any pokemon's level, and trainers at level 20 will only be encountered in the final chapter. Yes we could expand that, but humbird's scripts make pokemon of 1 level higher so much more powerful that a level difference of 2 is a guaranteed loss (or win), regardless of type, unless you stack the deck. Sometime in the future, the level cap will be 50, gaps between levels will be smaller, and over-leveling will be much harder.

The trainer scripts *are* encoded with a capture mechanic I developed before it was decided to drop that mechanic, but all trainers *should* now be non-capturable via any means. If you are able to capture trainers with fan art, pokeballs, or even rocket-balls (which are presently available only through the test room), something got messed up in the database. However, you are still able to steal trainers' pokemon via fan art, and this will affect certain events.

As for the special event pokemon, they should already be getting added to the pokedex with a front art (otherwise, you will not see a portrait when looking to switch one in during battle) when you get them. I have been toying with many possibilities of ways to gain additional pictures of them, including rivalry battles and photo/sketch events, but have not yet found one great idea to implement. It will probably be a gradual process of working things in. For now, no, I'm afraid you're stuck with fronts.
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby BrimstoneZV » Tue May 16, 2017 3:34 am

Actually all levels were obtained legitmately by systematically in combat leveling enemies My Magickarp was level 9 because I tried to despritely get her to 10 to evolve her I herd level 10 evolves pokemons so Thats why I let her kill all the highest level stuff. Its so much a challenge I was looking for but consistent leveling I don't think I did any thing to change my pokemons levels but then again I did mess with the editors pretty heavily. I'll review my save file but like I said the only thing I did that I found amusing was giving my self 900 fan arts and just catching literally everything
BrimstoneZV
Newly Registered

Postby ValturNaa » Wed May 17, 2017 12:38 am

Yeah, that's the exploit I was talking about, deliberately waiting for your pokemon to faint so the enemy is higher level. I used to do that in humbird's pokemon hentai version as well to force evolution and see who had what arts and moves (of course, in that case, the moves were all the same and the art was often unfinished for the evolved form). But it is still an exploit (not a cheat, just a place where the coders left a little hack) and should only be used for testing purposes. Just bear in mind that at the time of this last release, most of the later pokemon had only front art, if that, so I never actually set up the whole 150+, and very few have a proper evolution. I think the bug types are the most likely ones to have their evolutions, but I've never fully understood humbird's evolution system, and only in his latest engine did we gain the ability to have two levels of evolutions.
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby BrimstoneZV » Thu May 18, 2017 1:37 am

Well I am saddened to see the older program go I'm saidly resigned to a crappy computer when my rig broke so I can't easily hack anymore XD, This was one of the few games I can tinker with currently Hope the new program also has an editor :X.

That said no matter what you deside to go with I liked the trainer capturing feature only because it felt like an Easter egg it was clearly not intended but the funny comments trainers give you before they disappear into pokeballs amused me to no end.
BrimstoneZV
Newly Registered

Postby PlayerXXX » Sat May 20, 2017 4:24 pm

Looks like this game has slowed down its progress hope the team can give us an update soon.Good luck in the progress and like the game.
PlayerXXX

Postby Dapper Gent » Sun May 21, 2017 1:41 am

We have a nasty tendency to do that. A tendency I'm constantly trying to break. However, we did lose a primary artist so that hasn't helped any.
Dapper Gent

Postby Humadragon2016 » Sun May 21, 2017 2:31 am

well what art did you needed from him?
Humadragon2016

Postby Dapper Gent » Tue May 23, 2017 2:55 am

A lot of it. Once we're through bugtesting we'll be releasing the rest of the chapter without a whole mini event and down two scene extending pictures. Hopefully we can pick up another artist before we start production on Chapter 3.
Dapper Gent

Postby ValturNaa » Tue May 23, 2017 8:10 am

Yeah, Avian had a particular talent for scenes, which is where we've been lacking. And this chapter hasn't even been the most scene-heavy chapter in the works; some of the later ones will be much bigger unless we start doing cuts. In the brief time he was with us, he did probably around half of the new scenes for the upcoming release. Maybe more. Along with some concept which White used to finish several scenes after Avian was no longer available.
ValturNaa

Postby [Blank] » Tue May 30, 2017 6:15 pm

i'm not sure if you're already doing this but if anyone on your team isn't extremely busy you can delegate them to scanning DeviantArt and FurAffinity for... reinforcements.
[Blank]

Postby Dead2112man » Wed May 31, 2017 4:12 am

[Blank] Wrote:i'm not sure if you're already doing this but if anyone on your team isn't extremely busy you can delegate them to scanning DeviantArt and FurAffinity for... reinforcements.

Ha, hahahahahahaha.

Yea, we could, but that would also leave even more avaliable to use it for there own (stares Hunden).
And Between are dropbox and each and every personal computer, it would take a EMP pulse to destory them all, and at that point, none of us will be online anyway.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby Humadragon2016 » Wed May 31, 2017 4:46 am

if your so steamed of having others take it away with out permission why not pm/email it to others that got approved?
also me and my team are looking for a talented spritter.
Humadragon2016

Postby Hunden » Wed May 31, 2017 6:31 am

Dead2112man Wrote:Ha, hahahahahahaha.

Yea, we could, but that would also leave even more avaliable to use it for there own (stares Hunden).
And Between are dropbox and each and every personal computer, it would take a EMP pulse to destory them all, and at that point, none of us will be online anyway.

What? I have got permission. I also do not use the exact same images.
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Your Bulbasaur
front.png
My Bulbasaur
front1.png
Hunden

Postby Humadragon2016 » Wed May 31, 2017 8:15 am

no offense but it just looks like a revamp.
Humadragon2016

Postby [Blank] » Wed May 31, 2017 7:38 pm

Dead2112man Wrote:
[Blank] Wrote:i'm not sure if you're already doing this but if anyone on your team isn't extremely busy you can delegate them to scanning DeviantArt and FurAffinity for... reinforcements.

Ha, hahahahahahaha.

I meant you could look on those sites for volunteer artists, not art.
[Blank]

Postby Hunden » Wed May 31, 2017 9:47 pm

Humadragon2016 Wrote:no offense but it just looks like a revamp.

If I must be honest. My version looks bad. But it's the version they've sent out, just with other colors. Maybe I should make a new version. I've spent half a minute changing the colors on this one. Is it better?
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

front1.png
Hunden

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects