PokéMorph (Discontinued)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: PokéMorph (Update Coming Soon!)

Postby Dapper Gent » Thu May 04, 2017 9:01 pm

Oh. Right. Thanks for reminding me.
Dapper Gent

Postby Heath0069 » Sat May 06, 2017 10:00 pm

(testing /Humadragon2016/) nice game guys
Heath0069

Postby Humadragon2016 » Sun May 07, 2017 3:06 am

Heath0069 Wrote:(testing /Humadragon2016/) nice game guys

yes it worked.
Humadragon2016

Postby KrtnAn » Fri May 12, 2017 11:30 pm

Have you considered using Pokemon Essentials?
Attachments
pkmn.png
KrtnAn
Newly Registered

Postby Humadragon2016 » Sat May 13, 2017 4:30 am

KrtnAn Wrote:Have you considered using Pokemon Essentials?

i might switch to that if humbird's engin keeps feeling too strict. AND also cuz with that i could add moves that humbird's engin don't have yet
Humadragon2016

Postby Heath0069 » Sat May 13, 2017 4:50 am

Wow!
Heath0069

Postby ValturNaa » Sat May 13, 2017 8:22 am

Honestly, working with someone else's engine in general feels restrictive to me, and I'd rather work with something I can edit at the base level (or have someone edit for me, as the case may be) as I feel necessary. For instance, does pokemon essentials include built-in mechanics for the scenes we play or the fan art we use or, hell, even a *camera* feature? If not then once again we fall under a limited engine which just has different limitations than we're used to. That can be a good thing, as it may expand the capabilities of the engine we're using, but it can also be a bad thing in that there was a learning curve for the current engine and will be another for the new one, so new content will be delayed by that and existing content may be limited or lower quality for a while, and/or certain features may be forcibly removed from the game. A brand-new engine has the advantage that by the time it's functional those developing it will be intimately familiar with it, and also because a creator-built engine will let us do literally anything we can imagine and bring to the screen. Let's say for instance we wanted a Rapidash ferry service from city to city, we can build one. Or if we wanted a standardized scene logic for hentai scenes that might be still images here but animated in another game, we can do that.

That being said, an engine of our own is basically a wish, not a necessity. If pokemon essentials has what we need to get started quickly, it might be worth switching into, so thank you for bringing it up. It's not something I'd ever heard of and I do intend to look into its capabilities. It will probably still limit where we can go with the game, based on what the original creators intended it for, but at the very least maybe I can glean something useful from looking into it.
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby KrtnAn » Sat May 13, 2017 11:03 am

ValturNaa Wrote:Honestly, working with someone else's engine in general feels restrictive to me, and I'd rather work with something I can edit at the base level (or have someone edit for me, as the case may be) as I feel necessary.

Completely understandable, but as far as I can tell, Pokemon Essentials (being technically a heavily modified RPGmaker XP game) is extremely versatile and extensible.
http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Pokémon_Essentials_Wiki

It comes with an easy to use editor, but you can edit the data files and scripts manually if you'd prefer greater control.
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

individual map editor.png

mapconnectionoverview.png
mapconnectionoverview.png (37.85 KiB) Viewed 1697 times

editor.png

manual vs editor.png

scripts.png
KrtnAn
Newly Registered

Postby Dapper Gent » Sat May 13, 2017 11:29 am

That's pretty damn convenient but I'll piggyback off of what Val said.

There are some key features that may not be present or programmable into Pokemon Essentials. These include the touch points and changing battle arts, the in-game camera feature and the player party settings, just to name a few.

Having our own program means being able to add in what we need, when we need it and how we need it to work. As Val said, it's not a neccessity to have this but it will help us in the long run and provide a better experience for the players.
Dapper Gent

Postby Hunden » Sat May 13, 2017 11:41 am

KrtnAn Wrote:Have you considered using Pokemon Essentials?

Maybe I can use that program for my next game. I will look at it tomorrow. I have another deal today, and tonight there is international melody grand prix or as some call it Eurovision.
I'll see Denmark lose again. :D We have only won three times and the song is not even close to being good.
Hunden

Postby KrtnAn » Sat May 13, 2017 12:36 pm

Dapper Gent Wrote:There are some key features that may not be present or programmable into Pokemon Essentials. These include the touch points and changing battle arts, the in-game camera feature and the player party settings, just to name a few.

http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Touch_screen
http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Multiple_forms
The camera should be possible through scripting, and I'm not sure what "player party settings" means. If you're talking about the fact that the player can fight, that should be as simple as adding him as a custom pokemon with custom moves.

Dapper Gent Wrote:Having our own program means being able to add in what we need, when we need it and how we need it to work.

True and an important point to consider, but it also means that you have to recreate an entire pokemon game system from scratch. PE would give you a solid baseline to customize.

http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/About
Just read the Essentials FAQ, and this could be a problem:
"Pokémon Essentials was/is created with the sole intent of being absolutely free to use. This means that developers do not have to "buy" Essentials in order to use it, nor should anyone have to pay money to play any game created with Essentials (either at all or to purchase "perks" or other premium content that would be unavailable to non-payers; this includes paying for server costs or subscriptions, etc.). Optional payments also fall into this category, as they would still be a source of income even if they were voluntary. To charge people in any way for playing a game made with Essentials is unacceptable."
KrtnAn
Newly Registered

Postby KrtnAn » Sat May 13, 2017 2:09 pm

Did the mod accidentally include somebody else's post when merging mine? Everything from "Visit my Deviant Art page" and below (including the drawing) wasn't written by me.
It also didn't include any of the images I attached.
KrtnAn
Newly Registered

Postby Heath0069 » Sat May 13, 2017 2:31 pm

That Hunter in your Halloween picture look like she gonna such Ash's dick once she gets him

I love it
Heath0069

Postby Dapper Gent » Sat May 13, 2017 3:54 pm

KrtnAn Wrote:
Dapper Gent Wrote:There are some key features that may not be present or programmable into Pokemon Essentials. These include the touch points and changing battle arts, the in-game camera feature and the player party settings, just to name a few.

http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Touch_screen
http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Multiple_forms
The camera should be possible through scripting, and I'm not sure what "player party settings" means. If you're talking about the fact that the player can fight, that should be as simple as adding him as a custom pokemon with custom moves.

Dapper Gent Wrote:Having our own program means being able to add in what we need, when we need it and how we need it to work.

True and an important point to consider, but it also means that you have to recreate an entire pokemon game system from scratch. PE would give you a solid baseline to customize.

"Pokémon Essentials was/is created with the sole intent of being absolutely free to use. This means that developers do not have to "buy" Essentials in order to use it, nor should anyone have to pay money to play any game created with Essentials (either at all or to purchase "perks" or other premium content that would be unavailable to non-payers; this includes paying for server costs or subscriptions, etc.). Optional payments also fall into this category, as they would still be a source of income even if they were voluntary. To charge people in any way for playing a game made with Essentials is unacceptable."

Val will be looking into the program to see if we can edit it as needed. If we can then it might be viable to scrap what we have now and use Pokemon Essentials but I'll leave that verdict to Val once he plays around with it.

Fortunately the payment policy wouldn't really be an issue as we technically don't charge or have a payment system to purchase premium content. Our payments are strictly voluntary and only add to the game, not keep content away from players. In other words, if someone opts in and purchases a quest line then everyone gets to experience it in the following update after it's completed. Any trainer art purchased will also be seen by everyone at one point or another. The only thing that could technically be "premium content" is if someone purchases a new battle art set for a morph or purchases a non-gen 1 morph. But the art purchased will be used in later games.

KrtnAn Wrote:Did the mod accidentally include somebody else's post when merging mine? Everything from "Visit my Deviant Art page" and below (including the drawing) wasn't written by me.
It also didn't include any of the images I attached.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Heath0069 Wrote:That Hunter in your Halloween picture look like she gonna such Ash's dick once she gets him

I love it

She just might.
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

You'll be seeing that Haunter again in a coming chapter.
Dapper Gent

Postby KrtnAn » Sat May 13, 2017 4:15 pm

Dapper Gent Wrote:I have no idea what you're talking about.

The post you're quoting originally had a post by some guy talking about his deviantart page appended for some reason, but they seem to have fixed it.
KrtnAn
Newly Registered

Postby 1Lahar » Sat May 13, 2017 5:27 pm

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Posting this a second time.
Scene art contacted by DarkImpulses through Deviant Art

Full size of image
https://s9.postimg.org/e2n984j0v/Hentai_1.jpg

Display my Deviant Art page is you wish to use, edit as much as you want.
http://1lahar.deviantart.com/

Reduced size to fit on forums

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
1Lahar
Newly Registered

Postby Dead2112man » Sun May 14, 2017 2:48 am

That is some interresting Fan art you got there.

And I think that is what it will stay as, Fan art.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby PlayerXXX » Sun May 14, 2017 2:56 am

If you guys really used pokemon essential will this count as a "non-flash" game and will move to the non flash category of this forum?
PlayerXXX

Postby ValturNaa » Sun May 14, 2017 3:27 am

Dapper Gent Wrote:
KrtnAn Wrote:...

Val will be looking into the program to see if we can edit it as needed. If we can then it might be viable to scrap what we have now and use Pokemon Essentials but I'll leave that verdict to Val once he plays around with it.

Fortunately the payment policy wouldn't really be an issue as we technically don't charge or have a payment system to purchase premium content. Our payments are strictly voluntary and only add to the game, not keep content away from players. In other words, if someone opts in and purchases a quest line then everyone gets to experience it in the following update after it's completed. Any trainer art purchased will also be seen by everyone at one point or another. The only thing that could technically be "premium content" is if someone purchases a new battle art set for a morph or purchases a non-gen 1 morph. But the art purchased will be used in later games.

As I read it, voluntary payments are included in that contract. This is working under the "free forever" contract, which means that donations to the production company are all that are allowed. They have to be legally separated from the product itself. That means no purchasing quests or any perks from the production company; all payments have to be purely to provide funds to be used in production, and feedback and suggestions would need to be separate from payments. So that could indeed be a problem. I'd rather consult with someone more knowledgeable about contract law than myself before diving into that.

So, I've been looking through the Pokemon Essentials content and systems, and I have to say, it is quite impressive. However, I do not have a copy of RPGMaker or the skills to use it, and I don't think I feel comfortable switching to that system at this point. As I am the only mapmaker, sprite scripter, and coder presently on the team, the entire burden of learning the RPGMaker system from zero would be on my head, and I would need to reach advanced knowledge levels just to make necessary changes to the engine to support some of the unique features of this game, both currently in use and in the planning phase. Considering RPGMaker is a very specific tool for pixelated retro RPGs and I find it doubtful I would use it for any other projects, I just don't feel it would be worth the time necessary to learn it to that level. However, if anyone out there has intermediate to advanced RPGMaker skills and is willing to help, I might reconsider.
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby Humadragon2016 » Sun May 14, 2017 6:36 pm

i might fuck around with it myshelf val but no ganintees that's the kind of person you want to help you out
Humadragon2016

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects