PokéMorph (Discontinued)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: PokéMorph (Update Coming Soon!)

Postby Dongman » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:07 am

I have a few questions. 1: will evolution be avalable soon or at all? 2: will we be allowed to evolve the starter pokemon? and 3: will a moonstone be put in mount moon?
Dongman

Postby Dapper Gent » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:29 am

We're doing everything we can to get it the next update out ASAP. Real life is putting each of our team members on a rollercoaster. We're trying to get back on track.

Evolution should already be in the game. With the current system morphs evolve at level 10 and get reset to level 1 with higher stats. This is for all morphs that evolve. We'll be updating the leveling system when we move to our own program. The current system does not support item evolution so there's no need for a moon stone. Again, that will be fixed in the new program.
Dapper Gent

Postby Hunden » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:30 am

Dapper Gent Wrote:We're doing everything we can to get it the next update out ASAP. Real life is putting each of our team members on a rollercoaster. We're trying to get back on track.

Evolution should already be in the game. With the current system morphs evolve at level 10 and get reset to level 1 with higher stats. This is for all morphs that evolve. We'll be updating the leveling system when we move to our own program. The current system does not support item evolution so there's no need for a moon stone. Again, that will be fixed in the new program.

about your new program. When you get it out, may I use it too?
Hunden

Postby Dapper Gent » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:45 am

That will be entirely up to ValturNaa as it will technically be his program.
Last edited by Dapper Gent on Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dapper Gent

Postby Dead2112man » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:07 am

Out of the entire team, so far I have been screwed the lest, but sadly I am also the smallest piece of the puzzle.

Hunden, ditto Dapper, that will be some thing you will have to PM ValturNaa about when it is actual finished.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby Stickasensi » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:26 am

Question: i have tried to rename the file but the black screen seems to stay. The title screen will show and allow me to start a new game but once im past the start menu it only shows black and plays the audio. What can i do to actually be able to play?
No! forget the glass, just give me the pitcher, for I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death... which I hope is soon. Amen.
~ Archer
Stickasensi

Postby Dongman » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:25 am

So, how goes things with the game?
Dongman

Postby ValturNaa » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:10 pm

Progress is still somewhat slow, dongman. Coding is complete for most of the finished chapter (we're skipping the final event for now as it's extremely art heavy and that's where we need to conserve most atm). One of the artists has been absent for a while, not sure what's going on with him but he had some family troubles last I heard, and the others are busy with work, so it's being slower than we like. The goal is to not release this time until we have something besides Eevee's fuzzy butt to look at in the scenes.

As far as people using whatever system I (or anyone else I can get to help) come up with, please feel free. Unless help comes along I plan to work in Gamemaker Studio which is cheap/free depending on the packs you get, and I don't know if I'll be up to making an external editor. But if I can expand my limited coding skill to produce the game in GMS, preferably with less lag than humbird's flash engine, I will happily share my findings with everyone interested. And if at some point I manage to create an external editor for it, I'd love to share that as a separate download. If another coder does become involved, whether he has the same policy will be up to him/her.
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby link01742 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:43 am

your game is amazing
link01742
Newly Registered

Postby Hallucination » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:37 am

Whatever engine you use, hopefully it will be better at least. Currently the game chugs along pretty slowly whenever I'm outside.
Hallucination

Postby Hunden » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:36 am

ValturNaa Wrote:Progress is still somewhat slow, dongman. Coding is complete for most of the finished chapter (we're skipping the final event for now as it's extremely art heavy and that's where we need to conserve most atm). One of the artists has been absent for a while, not sure what's going on with him but he had some family troubles last I heard, and the others are busy with work, so it's being slower than we like. The goal is to not release this time until we have something besides Eevee's fuzzy butt to look at in the scenes.

As far as people using whatever system I (or anyone else I can get to help) come up with, please feel free. Unless help comes along I plan to work in Gamemaker Studio which is cheap/free depending on the packs you get, and I don't know if I'll be up to making an external editor. But if I can expand my limited coding skill to produce the game in GMS, preferably with less lag than humbird's flash engine, I will happily share my findings with everyone interested. And if at some point I manage to create an external editor for it, I'd love to share that as a separate download. If another coder does become involved, whether he has the same policy will be up to him/her.

Hunden

Postby Dapper Gent » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:45 am

What Val said.

We're down an artist and I'm terrible at scene art, even with this new program we've been using lately to plan them. I've gone back to battle art in hopes it gives me the morale boost needed to try scenes once more.

Though if things keep up as they are I may have to find yet another artist in hopes of trying to get back on track.
Dapper Gent

Postby Dapper Gent » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:13 pm

Added in the full set for Primeape, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath, Kadabra, Machoke,Golem.
Updated and added in the full sets for Golduck, Alakazam, Machop (old versions, forgot to upload) and Machamp.
I also added in White Vine's Abra as he did that one per request.

That's a total of 98 sets done! Only 53 left! :D ..... :(
Dapper Gent

Postby Hunden » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:26 am

Okay. Then I have checked all the new ones. They are good. But I found three errors, and Kadabra looks a little ... violent. :shock:

Poliwhirl front is just an other back.
Abra front dont really work. I cant get it up.
Machop back miss her tail.

It's really fun how the development loses their tail. Is it really the way the evolution is going? I can not imagine a snake without a tail. It will just look ... weird.
Hunden

Postby Dapper Gent » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:23 am

link01742 Wrote:your game is amazing

And you're amazing, random poster guy!

@Hunden

Kadabra might be violent or frustrated. It goes with the personality aspect we keep mentioning. :P

I fixed the two links. Thjs is why you don't edit things while half asleep. I might just tweak the Machop pictures aa they really need to be cleaned up. I made them a long time ago and forgot to upload them.

The Machop evolutions makes more sense if you imagine them more like toads instead of snakes, or more amphibious over reptilian.
Dapper Gent

Postby Hunden » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:12 am

Dapper Gent Wrote:
link01742 Wrote:your game is amazing

And you're amazing, random poster guy!

@Hunden

Kadabra might be violent or frustrated. It goes with the personality aspect we keep mentioning. :P

I fixed the two links. Thjs is why you don't edit things while half asleep. I might just tweak the Machop pictures aa they really need to be cleaned up. I made them a long time ago and forgot to upload them.

The Machop evolutions makes more sense if you imagine them more like toads instead of snakes, or more amphibious over reptilian.

Thansk. I have bought pearcider and vodka, so now I can start playing with the pictures. :D

Primeape and Alakazam do the same. Are they also frogs? ;) It's just a fun thing I've noticed.
Hunden

Postby Dapper Gent » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:54 am

Mankey to Primeape is monkey to ape. Monkeys have tails, apes do not. And no idea what Alakazam is. Other than shouting "MAGIC!" I have no explanation there. But Abra has no tail, Kadabra has a tail, Alakazam doesn't have one again. Maybe that's the trick? Ta da!
Dapper Gent

Postby Hunden » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:13 pm

Dapper Gent Wrote:Mankey to Primeape is monkey to ape. Monkeys have tails, apes do not. And no idea what Alakazam is. Other than shouting "MAGIC!" I have no explanation there. But Abra has no tail, Kadabra has a tail, Alakazam doesn't have one again. Maybe that's the trick? Ta da!

Okay. We dont have Monkeys and apes in dansih. We have Aber. And Abra have a tail. It is only alakazam there dont. And even the female mega evolution have beard. Maybe Alakazam is just something weird.
Hunden

Postby ValturNaa » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:25 pm

The abra line is original to gamefreak as far as I know. They may have taken features from certain animals but it seems to be one of the rare circumstances where they didn't take an existing animal, change its appearance a little, give it sensible or nonsensical powers, and call it something funky. They have a lot of those...
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby Humadragon2016 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:12 pm

well in the poke'dex it's said to be a human boy. could be a mutasion
Humadragon2016

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects