PokéMorph (Discontinued)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: PokéMorph (Update Coming Soon!)

Postby ValturNaa » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:06 pm

In-battle sex scenes is something I've been considering for a while now. However, I believe it would work much better with animation, which we aren't at the stage to use yet. My idea was to play a "rape" scene after defeating a pokemon, or a "seduction" scene after capturing one via charm, in both cases with Bay as the partner (just seems more fitting, imo). I've also been thinking about "training" scenes which would let you watch sex and simultaneously make your pokemon stronger. But, again, not gonna ask the art team for the assets until we start having an abundance of resources available. Probably couldn't support animation in the current engine anyway, unless we got a talented swf coder/artist to build an swf file for it. I'm trying to imagine writing code for a frame by frame animation in the current engine...no thank you!

As for the alignment, I just have to second dapper on this one. You'll have to discover the answer yourself.
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby Funposter » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:00 am

ValturNaa Wrote:In-battle sex scenes is something I've been considering for a while now. However, I believe it would work much better with animation, which we aren't at the stage to use yet. My idea was to play a "rape" scene after defeating a pokemon, or a "seduction" scene after capturing one via charm, in both cases with Bay as the partner (just seems more fitting, imo). I've also been thinking about "training" scenes which would let you watch sex and simultaneously make your pokemon stronger. But, again, not gonna ask the art team for the assets until we start having an abundance of resources available. Probably couldn't support animation in the current engine anyway, unless we got a talented swf coder/artist to build an swf file for it. I'm trying to imagine writing code for a frame by frame animation in the current engine...no thank you!

Yeah, like I said, this would be a pain in the ass to get going right now. I was envisioning stuff more along the lines of seduction after catching pokemon through horniness, which is what dapper was thinking. I'm really digging the training idea for scenes though, especially if it involves Eevee. I know I'm not the only one that's hoping for more one on one time with her. Maybe this could even transition into the 3 evolutions with stone masturbation, which would be kinda similar to what happened with the clefairy. Of course, this would probably be one of the later scenes, since Eevee still doesn't fully trust Bay yet.
Funposter

Postby Argent » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:30 pm

So I'm having trouble getting the game to play. I use the macromedia flash player and it just sits on a black screen, while using IE gives me the starting screen, but then it goes black after I select New. Any idea of what I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: I managed to make it work by downloading a free version of Macromedia Flash 8 and opening the SWF file with it. So far I have noticed a couple of issues, both can be easily fixed. 1)Opening the menu: hitting ESC does nothing, I have to go into the key bindings and move them to a different button on my keyboard. I have the menu set to "1" and the close button set to "2"; 2) Finding Cosplay Pikachu early breaks the game when crossing the bridge back toward Pallet Town, which can be avoided by simply following the story and going back to Oak to get your Dex.
Argent
Newly Registered

Postby Dead2112man » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:11 am

Hello Argent, (it has been all most a year, you can take off the newly Registered thing under your name if you want)

Nope, the game is just currently broken as far as going back to pallet even with out cosplay Pickachu and we are sorry for that, but we are very close to finishing up chapter 2 and are just waiting to release that instead of another fix. Once again to all, sorry for that problem, and please be patient with us.

As for the Keybinding, not are fault, Humbird0's last enigine created that problem and we have no way to fix it.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby [Blank] » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:09 pm

After chapter 2 is released would you suggest restarting the game? I'm debating on whether or not to continue on from pewter city because of tracey's mini-event that may or may not happen.
[Blank]

Postby Hunden » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:44 pm

Sorry to ask, but when is the Fox images finished? :?:
Just all of them. What can I say. I love canis familiaris ;)
Hunden

Postby ValturNaa » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:24 pm

No deadman, the "new user" thing is a tag that continues until a set number of posts, not for a given period of time. I believe it's 10 posts and the newly registered tag will disappear (at which point you can also send PMs).

You too? I love mutts lol. All kinds. Wolves are my favorite, though. Still pissed that pokemon doesn't (to my knowledge) include a single wolf -mon. Several foxes, a hyena, bulldogs and poodles, and maybe a few other types, but NOT ONE DAMN WOLF! But oh well. The whole franchise kind of pisses me off, to be frank. Not a hater, mind you, but as a man who tried to recreate D&D at the age of eight or nine and has been designing ever since, I have very strong opinions about good game design, and pokemon includes dozens of points that I would argue are sloppy or bad design. To top that off, the franchise never fixes these issues. It's things like glamorizing betting on animal fights and the nonsensical organization that lets ten year olds beat up the powerful leaders who ought to protect the area from crime but don't lift one damn finger against organized crime. I feel like there are so many ways to improve the franchise, yet those flawed systems are exactly what comes back generation after generation. And then there's the combat...but let's not go there.

To answer your question, the images will be finished when they are finished. Sorry I can't promise any more than that, but we're having some issues getting any art right now. It seems that dapper and white are both working hard again, bubba has apparently withdrawn from the team, and I just got word that avian is having computer problems. So that accounts for the entire art team. However, I am doing my best to push out the last of the coding so that we can release as soon as we fill in the art.
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby [Blank] » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Well Sun and Moon released a wolf pokemon. Super new and has nothing to do with the Kanto region but at least it exists right? Lycanroc.
[Blank]

Postby Hunden » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:37 pm

ValturNaa Wrote:No deadman, the "new user" thing is a tag that continues until a set number of posts, not for a given period of time. I believe it's 10 posts and the newly registered tag will disappear (at which point you can also send PMs).

You too? I love mutts lol. All kinds. Wolves are my favorite, though. Still pissed that pokemon doesn't (to my knowledge) include a single wolf -mon. Several foxes, a hyena, bulldogs and poodles, and maybe a few other types, but NOT ONE DAMN WOLF! But oh well. The whole franchise kind of pisses me off, to be frank. Not a hater, mind you, but as a man who tried to recreate D&D at the age of eight or nine and has been designing ever since, I have very strong opinions about good game design, and pokemon includes dozens of points that I would argue are sloppy or bad design. To top that off, the franchise never fixes these issues. It's things like glamorizing betting on animal fights and the nonsensical organization that lets ten year olds beat up the powerful leaders who ought to protect the area from crime but don't lift one damn finger against organized crime. I feel like there are so many ways to improve the franchise, yet those flawed systems are exactly what comes back generation after generation. And then there's the combat...but let's not go there.

To answer your question, the images will be finished when they are finished. Sorry I can't promise any more than that, but we're having some issues getting any art right now. It seems that dapper and white are both working hard again, bubba has apparently withdrawn from the team, and I just got word that avian is having computer problems. So that accounts for the entire art team. However, I am doing my best to push out the last of the coding so that we can release as soon as we fill in the art.

I feel the same way. Pokemon could be so much more. Man never could catch them all in one game. It is buy a game, pay for two.

That about wolfes there is one. Mightyena. That is a wolf, right? And Lycanroc. And Zoroark looks a little.
I am more to fox. And yes, I know what the fox say. :lol:

It is totally fine with the images. No rush. I asked a friend to design an avatar for me here in the middle of Obtober. It is not finished yet. :)
Hunden

Postby [Blank] » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:11 am

Mightyena is a hyena, hence the "yena" part. Also, is there evolution in the game?
[Blank]

Postby Hunden » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:21 am

And there is also Lucario. I think... maybe... It may be in the family.
Hunden

Postby Hunden » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:12 pm

[Blank] Wrote:Mightyena is a hyena, hence the "yena" part. Also, is there evolution in the game?

How should I know that? Hyena is called something else in Danish. It do almost all animals.
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Dog - Hund
Cat - Kat
Hyena - Hyæne :oops:
Fox - Ræv
Marten - Mår
Bird - Fugl
Wolf - Ulv
Squirrel - Egern
Lion - Løve
Bat - Flagermus
Mouse - Mus
Duck - And
Turtle - Skildpadde

And yes, they can evolve. It is just set a little high. It's easy enough to change it. Enter the GameEditor and select a random path in the box, then pops up five icons, you press the second farthest to the right, then click the battle, there you can self change the game settings.
Last edited by Hunden on Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunden

Postby Hallucination » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:38 pm

Hunden Wrote:
[Blank] Wrote:Mightyena is a hyena, hence the "yena" part. Also, is there evolution in the game?

How should I know that? Hyena is called something else in Danish. It do almost all animals.

Dog - Hund
Cat - Kat
Hyena - Hyaene :oops:
Fox - Raev
Marten - Maar
Bird - Fugl
Wolf - Ulv
Squirrel - Egern
Lion - Loeve
Bat - Flagermus
Mouse - Mus
Duck - And

And yes, they can evolve. It is just set a little high. It's easy enough to change it. Enter the GameEditor and select a random path in the box, then pops up five icons, you press the second farthest to the right, then click the battle, there you can self change the game settings.

The fuck is up with Bat? That's almost as funny as the German word for Butterfly.
Also what is the Danish name for Zubat?

Do you turn other water fowl into conjunctions? (conjunction junction)
Hallucination

Postby Hunden » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:00 pm

Hallucination Wrote:
Hunden Wrote:

Dog - Hund
Cat - Kat
Fox - Raev
Marten - Maar
Bird - Fugl
Wolf - Ulv
Squirrel - Egern
Lion - Loeve
Bat - Flagermus
Mouse - Mus
Duck - And

The fuck is up with Bat? That's almost as funny as the German word for Butterfly.

All Pokémon has the same name in Danish as English. Almost only Pikachu, means something different in Danish. Pik means dick, in Danish.

No not really. We call them Vadefugle. If that is what you mean.
Hunden

Postby ValturNaa » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:10 pm

LOL love those danish names. Especially the ironic bit about Pik being dick. Seems somehow appropriate to this project. As a side note, my family has decided to study Danish language, culture, and geography recently, as we have ancestors from there and we find the region fascinating.

In regards to evolution, yes the mechanics are set up but there are only a few pokemon actually set up to evolve at this moment. Part of the problem has been the lack of original art (still working on filling in the remaining poses) so that we only have a few pokemon actually defined in the editor, and part of it is due to issues with humbird's editor. To put it bluntly, the built-in evolution mechanic requires pokemon be at a globally specified level. I can't, for instance, set Weedle to evolve at 5 and Beedrill to evolve at 10 while everything else evolves at 10 and 15. Thankfully the new version actually gives us 2 different specified levels we can choose, but it still doesn't make all three evolution slots come at different times or let us set the conditions individually. For the same reason, we can't use evolution stones because the code only accepts the id of eevee. Any other evolution code has to be hand written and I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But I can promise that new engine or not, we will be doing more with evolution in the future. We have...plans. Don't want to spoil it but I think you guys will like it.
ValturNaa

Postby Hunden » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:44 pm

ValturNaa Wrote:LOL love those danish names. Especially the ironic bit about Pik being dick. Seems somehow appropriate to this project. As a side note, my family has decided to study Danish language, culture, and geography recently, as we have ancestors from there and we find the region fascinating.

What's so special about Denmark?
We have only won one war the last 500 years.
And our democracy is directly going down the toilet. The entire government is so corrupt that the vote does not matter.
We have basically sold all Danish inventions to other countries, so we have no inventions to be proud of.
Our country advocates is idiotic, since it has no logic sense.
The thing that we help each other, is something politicians are working towards. Their plan is that public assistance is completely gone in 2025.
Sorry, but I'm not proud of my country, and I can not see why anyone would be interested in it.

Men hvis din familie studere sproget, kan I så også dansk?
Hunden

Postby ValturNaa » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:23 am

You think that's not basically universal? I didn't even vote in the last presidential election because no matter who you vote for, they end up doing the same ruinous shit as the last president (and just look at the candidates...I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd rather vote for Mickey Mouse than Republicans or Democrats). America's only remaining inventions are crappy video games, our phone services are provided by India, our production is in China, and we ship food from Argentina that we used to grow in California, while farmers in the US are only still in business because the government gives them money to burn their crops to keep prices up. Our politicians are trying to make us communist-equal with the rest of the world (if not inferior because "we had our chance"), our schools are a hundred years out of date, our colleges will give you a lifetime of school debts to qualify to flip burgers for the rest of our lives, fifty percent of the population doesn't know how to balance a checkbook, our literacy rate is the lowest it's been since the country was colonized, and more people are living on welfare than can support themselves. Sorry but every country in the world seems to be flushing itself down the toilet, with a few notable exceptions. That doesn't mean a country isn't interesting to study, but being a part of it, you never appreciate your own country. God knows I've had more American history and politics classes than I can stomach. It's like a man who lived in New York City but never went to see the Statue of Liberty, but who saw the grand canyon, 2000 miles away, every year. We always want something different and difficult, not something close to home and easy to get. It's a weird part of human nature. Same reason silk was popular in Europe, 3000+ miles from where it was grown. So...yeah, we do find Denmark interesting. It's strange and different, and some of its ideals make us question our own.

And, sorry but we haven't gotten that far in Danish language studies. If you're asking why we'd want to study Danish (I recognize familie and studere from Latin, and I presume dansk means danish?) it's mostly for curiosity's sake. Actually the language I *really* want to study is Icelandic, because supposedly it's the closest to the old Norse, a culture and language that have fascinated me for as long as I can remember. But Danish is close enough and it might be a good step toward that dream.
ValturNaa

Postby Hunden » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:02 am

ValturNaa Wrote:You think that's not basically universal? I didn't even vote in the last presidential election because no matter who you vote for, they end up doing the same ruinous shit as the last president (and just look at the candidates...I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd rather vote for Mickey Mouse than Republicans or Democrats). America's only remaining inventions are crappy video games, our phone services are provided by India, our production is in China, and we ship food from Argentina that we used to grow in California, while farmers in the US are only still in business because the government gives them money to burn their crops to keep prices up. Our politicians are trying to make us communist-equal with the rest of the world (if not inferior because "we had our chance"), our schools are a hundred years out of date, our colleges will give you a lifetime of school debts to qualify to flip burgers for the rest of our lives, fifty percent of the population doesn't know how to balance a checkbook, our literacy rate is the lowest it's been since the country was colonized, and more people are living on welfare than can support themselves. Sorry but every country in the world seems to be flushing itself down the toilet, with a few notable exceptions. That doesn't mean a country isn't interesting to study, but being a part of it, you never appreciate your own country. God knows I've had more American history and politics classes than I can stomach. It's like a man who lived in New York City but never went to see the Statue of Liberty, but who saw the grand canyon, 2000 miles away, every year. We always want something different and difficult, not something close to home and easy to get. It's a weird part of human nature. Same reason silk was popular in Europe, 3000+ miles from where it was grown. So...yeah, we do find Denmark interesting. It's strange and different, and some of its ideals make us question our own.

And, sorry but we haven't gotten that far in Danish language studies. If you're asking why we'd want to study Danish (I recognize familie and studere from Latin, and I presume dansk means danish?) it's mostly for curiosity's sake. Actually the language I *really* want to study is Icelandic, because supposedly it's the closest to the old Norse, a culture and language that have fascinated me for as long as I can remember. But Danish is close enough and it might be a good step toward that dream.

So it's not just Denmark that go to hell. Could it be the large multinational companies that have buy all the politicians and get everything to go their way? Just a guess.
Denmark and Iceland are not so closely linked, as you might think. Our language is completely different, and Iceland has not been part of Denmark since before World War 2.
And not to see what's in the neighborhood. I think I've seen everything there is to see in Denmark. I have been in Tivoli, Bakken, Legoland, Louisiana, Rundetårn, ARoS, Den gamle by, BonBon-Land, Christiania, Kronborg, but I've never seen the little mermaid. She was too small. I could not find her. ;)
Hunden

Postby Dead2112man » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:29 am

I don't think this is the right area to be on these subject.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby Hallucination » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:56 am

Hunden Wrote:
Hallucination Wrote:
Hunden Wrote:How should I know that? Hyena is called something else in Danish. It do almost all animals.

Dog - Hund
Cat - Kat
Fox - Raev
Marten - Maar
Bird - Fugl
Wolf - Ulv
Squirrel - Egern
Lion - Loeve
Bat - Flagermus
Mouse - Mus
Duck - And

All Pokémon has the same name in Danish as English. Almost only Pikachu, means something different in Danish. Pik means dick, in Danish.

No not really. We call them Vadefugle. If that is what you mean.

Well, I was actually making a kind of tortured joke about Duck being And (a conjunction) and thought of other species of water fowl being conjunctions as well.
Hallucination

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects