PokéMorph (Discontinued)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: PokéMorph (Update: v1.63 7/1/17)

Postby Dongman » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:48 am

rout 3 is the one right after viridean forest right?
Dongman

Postby Dead2112man » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:02 pm

farukdahl Wrote:Just got through the available content and found a few bugs.

We shall look at those, but might not have to worry about them for we are trying to get the new engine going

Dongman Wrote:rout 3 is the one right after viridean forest right?

Nope, that is still route 2
Route three is after Pewter City
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby Dongman » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:25 am

so, at what level do pokemon evolve into their 3rd forms?
Dongman

Postby ValturNaa » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:16 pm

Evolution is something we're trying to avoid for now. Humbird's evolution system ... doesn't do it for me. First off, instead of providing an after-battle event, it just evolves your mons in battle, making it pretty anticlimactic imo. Second, and more important, it ignores the camera and doesn't give you a picture to use on your team. This isn't such a big deal if you have encountered the evolution in the past and snapped pictures of it, as with the bug types, but with things like Zubat, Venonat, and Meowth, where you aren't likely to see the evolved forms in combat for several chapters to come... yeah, it's something I'd rather avoid. And humbird also didn't include a system for item-based evolutions: he hardwired eeveelutions into the evolution stones themselves, not into the pokemon. So there's also that factor.

And when considering whether to write our own evolution codes inside this engine, I'd rather not try. Many classic coding structures such as if/elseif/else simply don't work here, and I'm forced to use nested ifs to achieve similar results. With evolution, I'd have to run 4 different checks to identify any 1 pokemon for evolution. And you can guess how many different pokemon would have to run the same 4 checks. In flash, running background code is not that fast, so you'd probably get a 5 second lag (on a good day) after every battle.

So, long story short, assume that evolution doesn't exist until you see it happening in game. It's quite likely I'll be disabling evolution altogether except for special cases like the Viridian forest bug types, and only bringing it out in the new engine where I can structure it as I like.
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby ValturNaa » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:20 pm

farukdahl Wrote:Just got through the available content and found a few bugs.

Yes, most of these are on the known bugs list, which should be on the initial post. They're mostly tied to the root engine, which we can't edit directly. But as Deadman said, I'm working hard to try and build a brand-new engine, where I can fix substantial problems like this. It's not easy and not within my usual skill set, so it may take a while. But it will be well worth the wait.
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby Kryneth » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:13 am

After doing the cooking cutscene for Bill in the lighthouse,Bay got stuck outside the walls...I can't find a way to make him get back through and into the lighthouse. ;w;
Kryneth
Newly Registered

Postby ValturNaa » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:46 am

Let the animation play through before closing the dialog box. I didn't realize until after this release that I needed to add a wait there.
ValturNaa

Postby binks » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:06 am

I was wondering where does this version of the beta stop at?
binks
Newly Registered

Postby ValturNaa » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:48 pm

This version officially ends in the station on the north side of the underground passage.
ValturNaa

Postby Dapper Gent » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:46 pm

So here's a little bit of an update for July.

We were initially going to power through the next chapter before taking a short break to rest up and come back with a vengeance but real life got in the way as it usually does. Fortunately for everyone, Val here was on the top of his game all month and made a lot of headway with the engine. We're looking forward to seeing some real progress in it over the course of the next month. Sadly, we don't have a projected release date for it as of yet. However, with the plans for I will say that it will be worth replaying all over again.

Although the story elements (dialogue and events) won't be changing there's plenty of stuff that will be. Things like:

-More immersive! That's right, cities and routes will be more fleshed out so you get the feeling of really being in and apart of the world of Pokemon.
-No more excessive wild encounters! All though it'll still be random, we will no longer be working on 2-3 layers for the encounters, making it less likely to get in a battle every. single. step.
-More events! That's right, more events! We're adding a few more things to do between Pallet and Cerulean to make that replay more worthwhile! Be careful though, you might miss some of them if you stick to the same ol' story path you're used to.
-Overhauled rest system! We're making the campsites more lively, so to speak. Won't give any more details on this but we're planning to add in the chance for a random mini-event or random pokemon battle to the camps. Even more immersive!
-Overhauled gyms too! We're going clean up Pewter City and finish the puzzle that was never implemented as well as give more depth to the Cerulean gym (pun intended).
-Likely adding stuff we haven't even thought of yet!

In other news, the art team hasn't had that kind of luck. After posting multiple ads and browsing around different sites, I still haven't found any artists interested in joining the team.
Dapper Gent

Postby binks » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:22 am

ValturNaa Wrote:This version officially ends in the station on the north side of the underground passage.

okay thank you. That's where im at so I was just making sure
binks
Newly Registered

Postby arrammos » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:02 am

Sounds awesome, glad to hear that you fine folks have been able to continue your work on this game! The campfires in particular were some of the more awkward parts in Humbird0's engine, so I'm interested to see what you change there.
arrammos

Postby Funposter » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:57 am

Yeah I'm hyped for that new engine. Humbird's engine is like sitting on a hard wooden chair: sure, it works, but it's not very comfortable.

Will some of the new events have scene art added to them at a later date or are they mostly exposition/character building? And as for the rest events, will night time battles potentially feature rarer or tougher pokemon to catch?
Funposter

Postby Derpalot » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:12 pm

Oh, that's exciting news. I'm looking forward to seeing what that new engine will allow you guys to do. You mentioned how there will be more stuff to do with a new run. That made me curious if we're going to have to start fresh anyway, or if the saves from the current engine will still work in the new engine?
Derpalot

Postby Dapper Gent » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:20 pm

arrammos Wrote:Sounds awesome, glad to hear that you fine folks have been able to continue your work on this game! The campfires in particular were some of the more awkward parts in Humbird0's engine, so I'm interested to see what you change there.

Funposter Wrote:Yeah I'm hyped for that new engine. Humbird's engine is like sitting on a hard wooden chair: sure, it works, but it's not very comfortable.

Will some of the new events have scene art added to them at a later date or are they mostly exposition/character building? And as for the rest events, will night time battles potentially feature rarer or tougher pokemon to catch?

We're still on the fence about how we want to handle the camps themselves though it looks like we're going to make it an automated system. When you use a campsite a generic cutscene will play that'll transition from one day to the ask and will heal your party.

At this point all events have scene art and all primary events will have art too. There will be some expositions without some sort of art but not many. Rarer, yes, tougher, probably not. We'll be trying to scale it with We'll have a global pool of pokemon which will be featured. However, there is a good chance that all you'll see is the team roll over and go to sleep.

Derpalot Wrote:Oh, that's exciting news. I'm looking forward to seeing what that new engine will allow you guys to do. You mentioned how there will be more stuff to do with a new run. That made me curious if we're going to have to start fresh anyway, or if the saves from the current engine will still work in the new engine?

Because we'll be moving from a flash based program, yes, players will have to start from the beginning....again. That is one of the reasons why we're updating everything, so it's justified this time. We know most of the players of tired of doing so and we're tired of trying to work around the problems that caused them to do so.
Dapper Gent

Postby Moosen » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:56 pm

Cool game. I'm not sure if you have already answered this, but i'm having trouble finding a way to not make Bay start out in a fight. Is there a way to switch Pokemon around in the Pokemon inventory? If not, is there a possibility to add this feature in the future? Also, I have found a bug in the Viridian Forest. It is when Bay asks Eevee to use her nose and sniff the correct path. The game bugs out and nothing happens. Is there a fix for this? Thanks!
Moosen
Newly Registered

Postby DCHIV » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:34 am

Didn't know if you guys would want it or if it would save you some time but I rehashed the ekans back.png to make a pretty good (In my opinion) dragonair image just because. JUst thouht I'd leave it here so you could use it if you want to :D. If not It was all just for fun just wanted to try making something like this.
back.png
back.png (18.47 KiB) Viewed 1573 times
DCHIV
Newly Registered

Postby Dapper Gent » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:13 pm

Added in the completed sets for Dewgong, Drowzee, Gastly, Gengar, Grimer, Haunter, Hypno and Muk.
Redid the front for Drowzee, Gastly and Hypno.

Added Birdkeeper Male, Eager Anne, MESA Grunt Female, MESA Grunt Male, Prime Grunt Female, Prime Grunt Male, Rocket Grunt Female1, Rocket Enforcer, Rocket Grunt Female2, Rocket Grunt Male, Sailor Female. All but the first two and the Sailor Female were done by White Vine.

Warning: Actual Spoilers
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Sets completed but not listed. Queen Beedrill, Prankster Haunter.

On a side note, I've branched out to a few more sites in my search for additional scene artists. If you happen to be on any of the following then please drop by and show us your support! If you happen to know of any other places we can post ads in, please let us know.

DeviantArt: http://forum.deviantart.com/community/projects/2320603/
FurAffinity: http://forums.furaffinity.net/threads/a ... s.1628608/
Newgrounds: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1424923
Hongfire: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum/hon ... le-artists
ULMF: (Pending due to registration wait time)
Dapper Gent

Postby Moosen » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:10 pm

Cool game! I have two concerns though. First concern is a game breaking bug in the forest. It's where Eevee is asked to choose a path. After Eevee is asked and sniffs around, the game freezes and the game cannot continue. I'm not sure if this was answered, but is there a way to swap Pokemon in the inventory so Bay doesn't have to always battle first? I haven't found a way to do so. Thanks!
Attachments
4d30280b225fe3f0bdfecb28863a1a65.png
Where the game breaks
4d30280b225fe3f0bdfecb28863a1a65.png (73.42 KiB) Viewed 1573 times
Moosen
Newly Registered

Postby Funposter » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:07 am

Nice job on the new set of morphs. The ghosts are definitely my favorites out of the new ones.
Funposter

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects