PokéMorph (Discontinued)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: PokéMorph (Update: v1.63 7/1/17)

Postby JJPG » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:01 pm

the oddish scene is unfinished or i have to go somewhere else?
JJPG

Postby Dapper Gent » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:45 pm

That's the end of this chapter.
Dapper Gent

Postby JJPG » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:54 am

Dapper Gent Wrote:That's the end of this chapter.

so i cant save the oddish until the next chaoter?
JJPG

Postby ValturNaa » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:03 am

Dapper misspoke slightly. We've reached the end of the main questline for this chapter. The oddish event is actually something that occurs on the side, and there will be two options to complete it. However, one of those events needed art, and we chose to hand out what we had rather than waiting to complete it. We still plan to do a content release with the final events. For now, Oddish is a dangling storyline.
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby Gerfenikss » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:27 pm

How to get to the Vermillio city? The pass is blocked.
And all of my pokeballs has disappear twice duaring the game, it's a bug!
Whare is the save folder is located in this game?
Gerfenikss
Newly Registered

Postby zirpcev » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:27 am

This has been bothering me for a while now, but is this scene from the banner in the first post actually based on an event in the game?
Because honestly, wanting to see Willow unknowingly play with a Nidoran cock is what convinced me to play this game.
zirpcev

Postby ValturNaa » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:35 am

Gerfenikss Wrote:How to get to the Vermillio city? The pass is blocked.
And all of my pokeballs has disappear twice duaring the game, it's a bug!
Whare is the save folder is located in this game?

That's the end of the current content,
we are trying to track down where this happens,
and there is none (it's all Flash).

zirpcev Wrote:This has been bothering me for a while now, but is this scene from the banner in the first post actually based on an event in the game?
Because honestly, wanting to see Willow unknowingly play with a Nidoran cock is what convinced me to play this game.

It's an idea that has not yet been implemented. However, it is in the plans for future updates.
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby Dapper Gent » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:01 am

zirpcev Wrote:Image
This has been bothering me for a while now, but is this scene from the banner in the first post actually based on an event in the game?

That was originally just supposed to be part of the cover art. Though it was met with popularity after the picture debuted. We'll be adding it into the game within the next couple of chapters. It'll be similar to the cover art but won't happen in the same setting.
Dapper Gent

Postby Dongman » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:54 am

is catching a nidoran possible yet?
Dongman

Postby Dapper Gent » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:01 am

Yes. Both are on route 3.
Dapper Gent

Postby Derpalot » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:56 pm

Hi. I actually made an account to post this reply after lurking on this website for a long time. This game is actually a lot more fun than I expected it to be.

Playing it through to the end of where you can currently get twice, I noticed there are some encounters I overlooked before. For instance how you can get Butterfree. This got me wondering if there are more encounters like that? Also I've been searching around for where the Hidden Village is in the game. Is that actually placed somewhere or am I just looking around for nothing?

Also I noticed a bug that's probably really minor, but wanted to mention anyway. Once you get the ability to break rocks and go all the way back to the original town you start in. There are some rocks near the laboratory where Prof. Oak works. Breaking through those rocks leads you into an area with the flags for where Eevee evolutions will be, I think. But once you enter that area, you can't leave.
Derpalot

Postby Dapper Gent » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:03 am

Derpalot Wrote:Hi. I actually made an account to post this reply after lurking on this website for a long time. This game is actually a lot more fun than I expected it to be.

Playing it through to the end of where you can currently get twice, I noticed there are some encounters I overlooked before. For instance how you can get Butterfree. This got me wondering if there are more encounters like that? Also I've been searching around for where the Hidden Village is in the game. Is that actually placed somewhere or am I just looking around for nothing?

Also I noticed a bug that's probably really minor, but wanted to mention anyway. Once you get the ability to break rocks and go all the way back to the original town you start in. There are some rocks near the laboratory where Prof. Oak works. Breaking through those rocks leads you into an area with the flags for where Eevee evolutions will be, I think. But once you enter that area, you can't leave.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the game!

Sorry, you can't get to the Hidden Village yet. That was part of the cut content for this chapter. But don't worry, we'll be adding it later. There's not many side encounters just yet. Though did you get the one where you can choose between getting Zubat early or getting Caterpie? Did you pick up Cosplay Pikachu? How about the PokeTech school? Did you side with a different team on each play through?

That's not really a bug as much as it is undeveloped content. That map was just part of my original design from when I was making the game by myself. It'll be of significance later on in the game.
Dapper Gent

Postby Derpalot » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:47 pm

Dapper Gent Wrote:Glad to hear you're enjoying the game!

Sorry, you can't get to the Hidden Village yet. That was part of the cut content for this chapter. But don't worry, we'll be adding it later. There's not many side encounters just yet. Though did you get the one where you can choose between getting Zubat early or getting Caterpie? Did you pick up Cosplay Pikachu? How about the PokeTech school? Did you side with a different team on each play through?

That's not really a bug as much as it is undeveloped content. That map was just part of my original design from when I was making the game by myself. It'll be of significance later on in the game.

Ah, okay. Then I'll stop looking for the Hidden Village for now. I'm looking forward to when it is added. It looks like a lot of fun.

The side encounters are really great, they really flesh out the world. I have found Cosplay Pikachu and even regular Pikachu. I've also found a Meowth, but didn't succeed in catching that one. I have succesfully caught a Jigglypuff. Getting Zubat early is the best thing ever, I've been doing that consistently. Zubat has always been a cool pokemon and the Suck Blood ability makes a lot of encounters so much easier. During the school I haven't sided with Giselle yet. Hmm, I should give that a try.

I'm glad that that area isn't bugged. Though I will stay away from it untill it will come up naturally in the game, as it's kind of impossible to get out of there. It does look like a rather nice place. Looking forward to how it'll play out in the story. :)
Derpalot

Postby Dongman » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:33 pm

how do you get a zubat early?
Dongman

Postby Dead2112man » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:57 pm

Well, lets just say that one of the camp fires on route one after you truly start your current quest, has more than just rest and heal.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby Funposter » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:13 am

Dongman Wrote:how do you get a zubat early?

I see the appeal. Supersonic is a super powerful move. It pretty much sweeps entire teams with sleep ailments.
Funposter

Postby TyrelJerome » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:54 am

When I start a new game, I go to Oak's and he says something, Bay does a 360 and everything freezes. HELP!
TyrelJerome

Postby dozeraaa » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:14 pm

TyrelJerome Wrote:When I start a new game, I go to Oak's and he says something, Bay does a 360 and everything freezes. HELP!

Play v1.6 for speak with prof. Oak, and save (copy clipboard).U can load this save on the v1.63
dozeraaa
Newly Registered

Postby Troy168 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:26 pm

Just want to let you know that if you go to the "You're both wrong" option and lose, the player would be stuck there. And also note that accessing the menu is impossible at that point.
Troy168

Postby farukdahl » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:45 am

Just got through the available content and found a few bugs.
General:
. If the arousal spots on some pokemon are clicked fast enough, they are recruited without having to fight them (even stolen from trainers). [Noticed it only happened on pokemon without specific descriptions of arousal. Successfully tested on Bellsprout, Horsea, Tentacool, Oddish, Meowth, and Venonat.]
. Game begins to crash on flash cookie save after rt 3. May be file size issue after long periods of playtime as I can save once or twice with cookies before it crashes.
. If combat dialogue is clicked through too quickly, large graphics of old pokemon trainer images flash on the screen for 1 or 2 frames. Not game breaking, but strange to see.
. Most entities (including fishing spots) can be interacted with multiple times (normally no more than twice) in rapid succession, breaking some dialogues and events. [I apparently fished 4+ times in the same spot, and had to fight a magikarp in the middle of a road after goin through the dialogue boxes.]

Cerulean:
. In the first series of encounters with Bill there are a few things. If the player talks to Bill a second time before he leaves the first room, Bill disappears until the player exits and re-enters the building. If the player switches the kitchen scene from day to night before the sprite is in the final position, the sprite will walk up from the final day position into the black area outside of the room at night (instead of the spot in front of the sink).
. The campfire event south of the city caused Eevee to drag my character through a few trees. Not sure if this was intentional or a small bug.

Pewter:
. This area is the only sprite stack I encountered, and only in the area where Flint is found. The stack did not occur until after the Flint event, but does not occur anywhere else. Not game-breaking or annoying, just thought I would put it here in case it is not my system.

That's all the bugs I could find for now. Great game guys, and I hope you stay motivated to continue!!!
farukdahl
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects