PokéMorph (Discontinued)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: PokéMorph (Update: v1.63 7/1/17)

Postby jaredh72 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:26 am

Noticed that Giselle doesn't have a picture if you fight her. There's just nothing there, although it doesn't stop you from being able to beat her.
jaredh72

Postby ElvisPreasleythe3rd » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:40 pm

Whenever I try to start a new game, I just get music and a black screen. (using game.htm file)
ElvisPreasleythe3rd
Newly Registered

Postby GrowingNoob666 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:38 pm

Wolves99 Wrote:This is really good now the only bug that i hit was at the lighthouse and it pushes you outside the walls and you arent able to do anything about it

oh i had that problem once when your in the kitchen you cant rush through the dialog you have to let it go through neutral don't rush through it and let the animation ethier you have to wait for the animation to stop running
GrowingNoob666
Newly Registered

Postby ValturNaa » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:50 pm

That ... is actually very interesting. I knew the escape key wasn't working properly (it hasn't ever since we switched to humbird's newest engine) but I didn't know you could make it by pressing an arrow key at the same time.

Thanks. I'll test that event some more and see if I can find the problem. I was looking it over yesterday but didn't see anything.

...again? Good god, this is getting ridiculous. I've had to rebuild her entry at least twice already. Possibly more, I can't actually remember.
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby FTG82 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:33 pm

Hey just got to the event where i'm taking oddish somewhere and you're blocking the way. What gives man I'm trying to save a pokemons life here and your just care about your arcaine's sprang ankle XD
FTG82

Postby ValturNaa » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:40 pm

Lol it's a temporary solution to keep you out of an unfinished zone. Once we finish the event beyond that point, you won't even see me there.

Yeah, for now don't rush the scene while it's animating. I've added a wait for player function to that point in the scene (I tried to override the animation sequence if you close the text early, but it wasn't working properly). While I was testing it, I also found that if you rush Bill's dialog when you first enter the lighthouse, and click too fast, he'll start the dialog all over again and walk completely off screen. Which fortunately can be fixed by simply leaving the lighthouse and returning, but still. The talk script is not supposed to allow you to activate him again until after he finishes moving, and then it goes to a different stage.

The htm file runs the game more slowly anyway, and since the new engine added more lag to the game, I suspect the htm file simply can't handle the load. Use the .exe instead. I've been wanting to delete the htm but I was never sure it wouldn't break something.
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby FTG82 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:53 am

lol awe we won't see you? That's upsetting but at least i'll be able to finally save the oddish. Anyways now that i got as far as i can in this build i'd like to mess around a little bit and check out the other options and the rest of the opened world rn. But how do i keep the save i have right now so i can use it for future builds?
FTG82

Postby Eldik » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:39 am

@Wolves99 I've had some success with the bug that made Bay run outside the walls in the Lighthouse. It turns out that I didn't let Reed show me the full way out of Mt. Moon (I kinda just passed him). After I went back and let him show me the way, the event in the Lighthouse worked like a charm.
Eldik
Newly Registered

Postby Dongman » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:57 am

hey, where can you catch mr mime?
Dongman

Postby ValturNaa » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:58 am

Mimer is not implemented yet. If I recall correctly, in the original games Mime was a trade-only at the end of diglett's cave. We may implement something along the same lines in the future. I'd have to consult the guide to see where exactly mime is supposed to be found, or if we have that one planned in at all.
ValturNaa

Postby Dapper Gent » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:03 am

Mr. Mime isn't going to show up until either around Fuschia (Safari Zone) or Cinnabar (Seafoam Islands). Pokemon that could only evolve through trading, or were only available through trading between the versions, etc, were put in either the Safari Zone, Seafoam Caverns or Victory Road.
Dapper Gent

Postby jaredh72 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:34 am

FTG82 Wrote:lol awe we won't see you? That's upsetting but at least i'll be able to finally save the oddish. Anyways now that i got as far as i can in this build i'd like to mess around a little bit and check out the other options and the rest of the opened world rn. But how do i keep the save i have right now so i can use it for future builds?

Say to save the game to the clipboard, then paste the copied text into Notepad (or some similar program) and load that when the next build comes out.
jaredh72

Postby Chris2999 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:55 am

OK, sorry if this is the most annoying thing to do but I am not restarting the game for a third time anytime soon.
First time I saved in a clearly unfinished room, the one in Pallet town, and couldnt exit, that was my fault so I restarted once we got the new update.
Second time I was playing the game and then I got to the mt moon part when you meet the Cleafarys after defeating team rocket a second time, I saved the game and then it crashed like it has been doing every now and then when you save but this time when I wanted to load my save it said there was no data so my game its gone.
Its there are kind soul that can give me a new save text in mt moon, before or just after?
Chris2999
Newly Registered

Postby pokemonfan » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:44 pm

So I came back to see how this game was coming along. After my saves got corrupted and I had that problem with the sprites. I do hope everything is fixed.
pokemonfan
Newly Registered

Postby Dapper Gent » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:58 pm

FTG82 Wrote:lol awe we won't see you? That's upsetting but at least i'll be able to finally save the oddish. Anyways now that i got as far as i can in this build i'd like to mess around a little bit and check out the other options and the rest of the opened world rn. But how do i keep the save i have right now so i can use it for future builds?

Spoiler alert! The oddish has nothing to do with the event that Val is blocking. :P

Chris2999 Wrote:OK, sorry if this is the most annoying thing to do but I am not restarting the game for a third time anytime soon.
First time I saved in a clearly unfinished room, the one in Pallet town, and couldnt exit, that was my fault so I restarted once we got the new update.
Second time I was playing the game and then I got to the mt moon part when you meet the Cleafarys after defeating team rocket a second time, I saved the game and then it crashed like it has been doing every now and then when you save but this time when I wanted to load my save it said there was no data so my game its gone.
Its there are kind soul that can give me a new save text in mt moon, before or just after?

I recently ran in to the final issue myself. I went to do a test run to try and replicate the issues we've had with the Spearow and Lighthouse events. Couldn't replicate the issue with the Spearow event myself. I went to save outside of Pewter only to come back later and find my save was gone.

If someone doesn't beat me to it then I'll see if I can't share my save when I try again.
Dapper Gent

Postby Dead2112man » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:51 am

To those having saving issues

please, don't use the cookie save function, it is junk, works half the time and just causes issues. don't blame us, we can't control that monster.
Please use the clipboard save option and paste into text document you can save it to.

Thank you.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby Chris2999 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:57 am

Sorry for the trouble, I knew I should be saving to notepad more often since there are still some bugs but I forgot.
Chris2999
Newly Registered

Postby FTG82 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:59 am

Dead2112man Wrote:To those having saving issues

please, don't use the cookie save function, it is junk, works half the time and just causes issues. don't blame us, we can't control that monster.
Please use the clipboard save option and paste into text document you can save it to.

Thank you.

Yeah I figured that out the hard way ); I lost my level 10 butterfree. That posion powder sleeping powder and sucking move is a deadly combo. I called her ruffies :( :( :( . You know because she posions you and puts you to sleep. and well she also rapes you.
I don't know how to adult :!: :!: . Who let me adult :?: :?: ? That was a very bad idea :| :| .
FTG82

Postby JJPG » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:33 am

where is the angelica3 scene?
JJPG

Postby Dead2112man » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:21 pm

JJPG Wrote:where is the angelica3 scene?

All depending on your actions, you can get it, or you can get another scene.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects