PokéMorph (Discontinued)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: PokéMorph (Update: 6/20/17!)

Postby FTG82 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:58 am

Hey I don't know if my last post went up (I can't see it but i quoted someone in it) But i'm having troubles with my first encounter with Oak ( first time playing this). Everytime I go to talk to him I get to the part where my character says "If dad doesn't move us again" then he looks around and the game freezes. I have to press the menu button a couple times in order to unfreeze it but then I can't progress in the game anymore.
FTG82

Postby Dongman » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:30 am

Will it eventually be possible to have a pokemon other than evee follow the player?
Dongman

Postby Wolves99 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:10 am

Once i get to the part where eevee starts to go into the cave it freezes and wont move on
Wolves99

Postby Dapper Gent » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:50 am

We -might- change it up, temporarily, later, but probably not. Eevee is Bay's Pikachu.
Dapper Gent

Postby ValturNaa » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:52 pm

I was contemplating a system for the new engine where you can tell the game which pokemon you want to appear. But, as dapper said, Eevee is Bay's Pikachu equivalent. And she really doesn't like the pokeball, so she's only intended to disappear into a pokeball for a few specific occasions. So if we do use a system like that, it's most likely to be who *else* to add to the party.
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby NeroFiammes » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:31 pm

I've been suffering from a bug that doesn't let me interact with the campfires. It just goes to the Yes/No option, and it ignores any input I make and keeps the option on the screen until I either go into the menu or I go to a new area, without letting me see the campfire events. Would love to know how to fix this issue, thank you!

EDIT: It appears that even though I changed my control scheme to make the Talk and Action buttons 'Z', it still registered it as Space Bar for the Campfire option.
NeroFiammes
Newly Registered

Postby FTG82 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:38 pm

FTG82 Wrote:
Salgo Wrote:For me it's the first time I play it and there was a bug when i met professor Oak, after my character began turning like he was looking all around him nothing happened. I had to open the menu and close it to be able to move. Then I get out, get back in and the animation restart. I had to open and close the menu while I was talked to to be able to continue the conversation.

This is happening to me. I can't get past the first meeting with Professor Oak.

Hey this is still happening to me. I'm sorry to keep bring this up but it's keeping me from playing the game. I've tried reloading like 10 times and it isn't getting past it. Any help?
FTG82

Postby Ungawa » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:25 pm

Dapper Gent Wrote:No, I don't play it. And the link doesn't work.

This is why we can't wait to get our own engine out, so that we can dig around under the hood to fix such problems instead of finding workarounds. Again, we're trying to squish the bugs we made when trying to fix other bugs.

Dangit, the link was to the voice file of one of the characters in it named Sprag.

She's an enemy known for saying "More bugs, more shiny bugs" while trying to beat you with a giant jet propelled hammer. You can see her quote on the Sprag page of the Wikia but it's just for a laugh at how the bugs can really kick you sometimes.
Ungawa

Postby ValturNaa » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:00 am

Brief update for you guys, Deadman and I are doing some major bug hunting before we re-release the fix, making sure every event still works with the new code. As may be expected, this is a lot of events to check, but we are working as hard as we can to make sure everything works as expected. Please be patient and we will get the fixed version ready as quickly as we can manage.
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby Dongman » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:26 am

ValturNaa Wrote:I was contemplating a system for the new engine where you can tell the game which pokemon you want to appear. But, as dapper said, Eevee is Bay's Pikachu equivalent. And she really doesn't like the pokeball, so she's only intended to disappear into a pokeball for a few specific occasions. So if we do use a system like that, it's most likely to be who *else* to add to the party.

wait you mean telling the game what pokemon you want to appear as the first one, or in specific routs?
Dongman

Postby Dead2112man » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:37 am

Dongman Wrote:wait you mean telling the game what pokemon you want to appear as the first one, or in specific routs?

Yes, That is some of the pain of the Humbird0's engine.

So Sorry for all the additional bugs after the last hotfix, seems that no matter what, there will always be an issue or two. Me and Val are working hard to double check every thing twice, should be able to do a final (I know I am jinxing it) hotfix Monday or early Tuesday.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby ValturNaa » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:50 am

Dongman Wrote:
ValturNaa Wrote:I was contemplating a system for the new engine where you can tell the game which pokemon you want to appear. But, as dapper said, Eevee is Bay's Pikachu equivalent. And she really doesn't like the pokeball, so she's only intended to disappear into a pokeball for a few specific occasions. So if we do use a system like that, it's most likely to be who *else* to add to the party.

wait you mean telling the game what pokemon you want to appear as the first one, or in specific routs?

Actually what I was referring to is giving the player some control over the visible party. While I personally would find it interesting to show a more diverse world of pokemon, with critters running hither and thither doing what pokemon do until you the trainer rudely interrupt them for a pokemon battle, I've been asked to restrain myself in that regard and make this game as much like the original games as possible, while still absorbing some of the elements of pokemon hentai, and some new content as well, to improve overall game quality. And yes, that was one very long sentence. Just to clarify, I have many ideas for how I would like to improve pokemon in general, but I've been asked to keep this game close to the originals.
ValturNaa

Postby Dongman » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:05 am

We will be able to evolve evee eventually right?
Dongman

Postby Akhera » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:50 pm

TIme for a bug-free comment.

Just telling you guys you're really impressive, I'd have given up a long time with all these bug(s/comments)
It seems lotta problems are the fault of Humbird0's engine, but I recall that Val was coding on his own engine, how's that coming along? Wouldn't that help? (Aside from all the porting)
Akhera

Postby ValturNaa » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:54 pm

Dongman Wrote:We will be able to evolve evee eventually right?

We're still discussing that. We have plans for her eventual evolutions but due to the fact that every eevee scene would have to have 4 variants (for eevee and all 3 potential evolutions) from the very first place evolution might occur, we may cut the evolution plans completely. Just like cosplay pikachu will never evolve into raichu.

Akhera Wrote:TIme for a bug-free comment.

Just telling you guys you're really impressive, I'd have given up a long time with all these bug(s/comments)
It seems lotta problems are the fault of Humbird0's engine, but I recall that Val was coding on his own engine, how's that coming along? Wouldn't that help? (Aside from all the porting)

Thanks, man. That means a lot.
I am indeed trying to build my own engine, but between one thing and another, progress on that project is very slow ... at times, nonexistent. I have been working on designing the GUI, and I intend to spend more time on the engine than I've managed in the past. But as usual, every time I think I'll have time, something else crops up. There are definitely times I wish this was a full-time job so I didn't have to work elsewhere. But that's the joy of indie game design--not much money to be had until after you get the ball rolling.
ValturNaa

Postby phyrefight » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:33 am

MediaFire keeps refreshing without starting my download. Can anyone post a mirror or give me ideas on how to fix it? Thanks!
phyrefight
Newly Registered

Postby jaredh72 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:04 am

envyuria Wrote:So I've been playing this game today and I'm kinda stuck in Cerulean City. After getting the Tickets for the show and trying to leave the house, i'm getting pushed into the "black" part of the screen and can't get out of it.

I'm having this problem too. I'm using v1.6 and not v1.62
jaredh72

Postby Dapper Gent » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:16 pm

Sorry, no mirror sites available. At least there shouldn't be but you all know how that goes.

Looks like the whole team is joining the fray. Val has been busy combing through the game, step by step, while Val and Ninji assisting him. Then we have Aura who has been a lot of helping in locating bugs and of course the fans here have played a role in helping us to smooth out some of these wrinkles. Just wanted to give a big shout out to the rest of the team and all those who have helped us out.

We're still trying to get the next hotfix out as soon as we can.
Dapper Gent

Postby revenant281 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:17 am

As i said to the team of collars: Take your time we'll all be here to support you cause Rlife is more important than a game. (Though in this case it more hunting annoying pests in the game itself.)
revenant281

Postby ValturNaa » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:04 am

Yeah, this time we intend to make sure we really caught everything. We're almost through with the bug hunt, and with luck we'll be ready/able to re-release tomorrow night. Deadman has been running mount moon and beyond while I worked my way up from the beginning. Between the two of us, we should now have tested every event, but I still want to complete my own run since I've been finding things that I notice as the writer/coder but nobody else seems to. I'm also hoping he can give me a second set of eyes on the areas I've already passed, just to see if I missed anything.
ValturNaa

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects