Succubus Skirmish

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Succubus Skirmish

Postby javin » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:32 pm

alright so i think im gonna try and come up with a way to increase my ability to draw while at the same time speeding up the animation process
here are the steps with an idea of how long each should take

step one come up with an idea for a character and the details for their proportion and features looking up examples and such as needed* time will vary*
step two sketch out the character on paper with a pencil * this shouldnt take more then an 2 or 3 hours to get the details right*
step three redraw the character part by part on the computer as symbols with my mouse* may vary but with the original already made on paper i'm hoping it can be made in an hour or 2*
step four shade and color this take an hour or two for basic things as i learn more i want this to take 2 hours
step five vector animation use the symbols to create a basic walk cycle im thinking this should take 2 hours max
optional step 6 redraw the animated character frame by frame using the tweened walk cycle as a reference

if i work 3-4 hours and finish something like 3 steps a day we should be able to see a new character up and animated with atleast a walk cycle every 2-3 days
ill also be able to practice every major aspect ill need to improve upon to really make my works not rubbish

if i keep at it for even only a month you all should see a noticeable improvement in what ill be putting out both in speed and quality
javin

Postby javin » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:17 pm

games not dead just learning new techniques so the first scene doesnt look like crap
javin

Postby rebelseal » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:39 am

ok
rebelseal

Location: im confused as to what my location please is i believe it is in the Pacific

Postby javin » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:39 pm

ever since the 12th ive been practicing basic animation practices
first with a stick figure to get the general idea the movement will take place in
then i flesh out the stick figure frame by frame using it as a reference for what im actually trying to draw work presses on
javin

Postby stuppp » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:09 pm

Good day, so i know developing games is hard work, so i am placing this post here to tell you that if you need any programming done on your game, i am always interested in doing some work. I have logn experience with programming, boht in and out of flash.
stuppp
Newly Registered

Postby javin » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:16 pm

been a bit longer then a week since i updated info
classes started up again which at first sounds like a bad thing for any attempts to make this progress but in all truth all the time i spend procrastinating
from my course work i've been putting into drawing doodling attempting to animate or just watching tutorial videos on all of the above and in my actual free time i add things here and there to the game other then that work continues like normal
javin

Postby riddlebox1321 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:09 am

1) Have you thought about purchasable upgrades or achievement upgrades to improve player performance.
2) This reminds me of plants vs zombies, maybe a multi-row side-scroll would be interesting, if possible.
3) Good job.
My latest side projects: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2Xg68C9gNthZnZZNHFOWVBkbDg&usp=sharing
An inactive member of the Sim Brothel development board, still stop by when you're ... bored.
http://sim-brothel-v2.bigforumpro.com/
riddlebox1321

Postby javin » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:50 am

riddlebox1321 Wrote:1) Have you thought about purchasable upgrades or achievement upgrades to improve player performance.
2) This reminds me of plants vs zombies, maybe a multi-row side-scroll would be interesting, if possible.
3) Good job.

upgrades are on my list either the minions would be upgradeable stat wise * all id have to do is tweak a line or two on how their summoned*
or i could make it so each victory gives you up to stars 3 once and you could use the stars as currency to buy the next minion * a bit more difficult to implement

i think i know of a way to make multi row work for both you and the enemy
* i was going to have just have 2 rows already 1 if i didnt feel like animating more ground minions row and a flying minions row so it doesn't get to cluttered
javin

Postby D00MsDAY333 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:57 am

Looking forward to this! What software are you using to create this game? Started looking into programming a month or so ago with a game like this in mind! I'm no where near educated yet but I am working on it and will continue to follow you. Keep up the good work!
D00MsDAY333
Newly Registered

Postby javin » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:32 pm

D00MsDAY333 Wrote:Looking forward to this! What software are you using to create this game? Started looking into programming a month or so ago with a game like this in mind! I'm no where near educated yet but I am working on it and will continue to follow you. Keep up the good work!

im using adobe flash professional cs6 i bought it about 2 years back and fiddled with it now and then but now im more serious
javin

Postby javin » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:09 am

next month if every thing works out i may be able to get a small used drawing tablet enough to speed up what im working on
javin

Postby javin » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:19 am

college keeps me busy but work presses onward
i like replying here every sunday it keeps me focused even if all i do is leave a little note like this
javin

Postby javin » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:14 am

so im working on the first scene and im having some problems with the insertion
Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

pose.swf [ 9.33 KiB | Viewed 2218 times ]

im trying to get it the actual insert to go a little something like this
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/641902
any ideas on what i can do?
this is all still wip so dont mind the reference images or the lack of hair
javin

Postby javin » Fri May 22, 2015 3:42 pm

im not dead was just in focusing on class work and saving up some money
and im happy to announce i now have enough money to afford a moderate tablet drawings shouldnt look look like i drew them one handed in a week or two when it arrives
javin

Previous

Return to Flash Projects