Succubus Skirmish

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Succubus Skirmish

Postby Digitally-Deviant » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:11 pm

I started to wip up a basic imp walk cycle. It's still only about half-way animated. I've got to add the other arm, and have the legs swiching properly. Still it should give you an idea.

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

test.swf [ 50.07 KiB | Viewed 3319 times ]

Digitally-Deviant

Postby javin » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:09 pm

Digitally-Deviant Wrote:I started to wip up a basic imp walk cycle. It's still only about half-way animated. I've got to add the other arm, and have the legs swiching properly. Still it should give you an idea.

The attachment test.swf is no longer available

well met
ive been touching up how the first imp was looking this week dint like how she was proportioned and in my down time i was looking at videos on animating walk cycles etc your example will help as well
im going to try to keep things in 2.5d perspective or 3/4ths how ever people say it
ill post what ive worked on so far with her later on today screw it ill post what i have now
Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

symbol imp mockup.swf [ 3.47 KiB | Viewed 3299 times ]

all thats left is the feet and walk cycle and the first imp will be done
anything you notice i should change drawing tips and other such advice is appreciated and will be heard
constructive criticism is one of the many things i cant make myself
javin

Postby Digitally-Deviant » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:38 pm

It's a 3/4th view, but still considered 2d game wise. 2.5D refers to games like Fallout 2.

3/4 view animation is a little harder to animate then side view, but can look better look a lot better.

I did a quick little sketch to show changes I'd consider.

Digitally-Deviant

Postby VintageBass » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:44 pm

Digitally-Deviant Wrote:It's a 3/4th view, but still considered 2d game wise. 2.5D refers to games like Fallout 2.

Pretty much using 3D graphics in a 2D view, like say New Super Mario for example, that's one way of 2.5D.

Digitally-Deviant Wrote:I did a quick little sketch to show changes I'd consider.

Kinda inspiring me for my own little Midna-styled imp... no, gotta back away on that. Unless somehow I can suggest characters for this game, if that's anything.
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby javin » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:21 am

VintageBass Wrote:
Digitally-Deviant Wrote:It's a 3/4th view, but still considered 2d game wise. 2.5D refers to games like Fallout 2.

Pretty much using 3D graphics in a 2D view, like say New Super Mario for example, that's one way of 2.5D.

Digitally-Deviant Wrote:I did a quick little sketch to show changes I'd consider.

Kinda inspiring me for my own little Midna-styled imp... no, gotta back away on that. Unless somehow I can suggest characters for this game, if that's anything.

im more then open for suggestions to this game when it comes to character types
working on different sized creatures proportion wise will give me much needed experience working in the drawing side of flash since all i really know how to do is code
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

i usually base each creature on some model i wanted imps to loo midnaish, the females atleast
javin

Postby javin » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:23 am

3/4 view animation is a little harder to animate then side view, but can look better look a lot better.

I did a quick little sketch to show changes I'd consider.

absolutely wonderful sketch there
the head was my hardest part to make and that gives me an idea on what to change
while still keeping in the vein of a mischievous look
javin

Postby Digitally-Deviant » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:46 am

Glad you guys like the sketch, Midna maybe one of my secret sexy digital muses.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what you do for this game. The basic concept is solid, with a bit of refinement it should be good.
Digitally-Deviant

Postby javin » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:13 am

Digitally-Deviant Wrote:Glad you guys like the sketch, Midna maybe one of my secret sexy digital muses.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what you do for this game. The basic concept is solid, with a bit of refinement it should be good.

i love me a good short stack
to give you an idea of were i plan on taking this and how long i plan to go with this heres where im at
concepts done
programming is like 85% done
art work and animation are happening now
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

to give you an idea of what i plan to include if you wanna have a shot at drawing either side
male and female counter parts for each side i have 3 planned already
imp with goblin
horny little devil and deamon
djinn and qareen

then its just adding sounds and such
im making sure i comment and such so i stay motivated
if i complete the game then i can post what i had planned for this account
javin

Postby Digitally-Deviant » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:43 am

I'd be happy to do some sketches for you. I'd need semi-detailed character descriptions, and sketch or image to go off. If you can get that to me I'd have some sketches by next weeks end. If you got a design document laying out the general plan that'd be helpful too.
Digitally-Deviant

Postby Biles » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:10 am

If you want, you can download a flash workfile containing preset animations from my sig.
Need some basic Flash character animations? Then stop by at:
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby javin » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:53 am

Biles Wrote:If you want, you can download a flash workfile containing preset animations from my sig.

the walk animation is just like what i wanted to make and the body type fits perfectly
though i wanna try to make my own cycle for the experience
but if that fails ill use yours as a reference i hope to be done tommorow
javin

Postby javin » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:58 am

Digitally-Deviant Wrote:I'd be happy to do some sketches for you. I'd need semi-detailed character descriptions, and sketch or image to go off. If you can get that to me I'd have some sketches by next weeks end. If you got a design document laying out the general plan that'd be helpful too.

as i design the characters and preview them here you can re-imagine/ redraw them with your style
ones im unable to design my self ill shoot you a pm with a detailed description on their characteristics
including but not limited
body proportion type ie pear apple bannana etc
height
reference models i attempted to use
and specific details on certain parts like large ears or small eyes or hooved feet etc
any help is greatly appreciated
javin

Postby Digitally-Deviant » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:53 am

Sounds good, looking forward to seeing the animation.
Digitally-Deviant

Postby javin » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:17 pm

and with that i think i found a way to animate these parts without tearing my hair out
tween the upper limbs
reposition the the lower limbs and joints frame by frame
javin

Postby javin » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:35 pm

its not bad
its not good but i dont think its bad
its something
i'll add the feet and other arm later today
Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

impwalking.swf [ 5.87 KiB | Viewed 3119 times ]

javin

Postby Digitally-Deviant » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:41 am

Animation looks alright, the arm tween is a little messed up though.

did a quick draw over to help you fix the face.
*deleted*
Last edited by Digitally-Deviant on Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Digitally-Deviant

Postby VintageBass » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:53 am

OK, random idea, but I was thinking about something along the lines of this tall, lanky kind of demon girl, which I know will have its own benefits/drawbacks to her.

That is, if we are sticking to just females for some of these.
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby javin » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:45 am

VintageBass Wrote:OK, random idea, but I was thinking about something along the lines of this tall, lanky kind of demon girl, which I know will have its own benefits/drawbacks to her.

That is, if we are sticking to just females for some of these.

that's the model i planned to use for the genie tall lanky but with focus on the chest but she was going to be lounging on a cloud oh her lamp smoke
to expand this game a bit i dont think ill only include demons but add in any malevolent spirit
javin

Postby javin » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:52 am

Digitally-Deviant Wrote:Animation looks alright, the arm tween is a little messed up though.

did a quick draw over to help you fix the face.

ya i need to add in ears
but im actually happy with how her face came out though if more people think i should change it ill set what ever ideals i had of it aside
im actually considering if i should add irises for her because her male counter part definatly isnt going to have any
javin

Postby Digitally-Deviant » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:11 am

Ok, it was just a suggestion. You know what style you want.
Digitally-Deviant

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects