Monster Girls: Figurine Master (Feb 01, 2016)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Monster Girls: Figurine Master (Oct 31, 2014)

Postby VintageBass » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:56 pm

KaijuImp Wrote:Oh I see.. I normally just do code, the text part is quite new to me. I didn't even know there were people that liked doing that :D

Yeah, there are people out there that will look through lines of text and will point out any grammatical mistakes, some simple like that or more complicated that will require to reword the whole sentence. So if you're going to need help in that department, I'll be glad to help. Heck I can even lend some of my writing service to help with any plot, dialogue and descriptions.
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby Acidrayne360 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:50 am

HAH! Please tell me the music is staying. That's just too damn good, so epic and shit. Amazing.
Acidrayne360

Postby KaijuImp » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:59 pm

Hehe yes, right now I was just putting it in there for testing ambience, but I will be making a proper audio mixing system eventually, so battles will trigger other music, etc.. pretty simple to do, just not at the top of my list :D

Top of my list: getting conversations working.
KaijuImp

Postby FurrinGok » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:36 pm

I got "Random encounters can be fun.. for everyone!!" and couldn't get out of it. It showed the younger sister from that onii-chan image you posted.
Are the fighter slots (three squares at the bottom) random right now, or is there some pattern to it?
Gangs n' Whores' Resident Grammar Hitler, head honcho of the Grammar Nazis. Don't ask why it's me, the others called me that.
FurrinGok
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby KaijuImp » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:16 pm

Thank you for spotting the bug, seems I accidentally layered that encounter wrong.

Yes they are random right now, there will be 4 choices eventually, yourself or the 3 monsters.
KaijuImp

Postby KaijuImp » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:18 pm

24 hours to go for my first update :D I am still working on the code that work "under" the hood, and very few game specific things... I did manage. just now. to walk from start area, all the way to the far top left corner with absolutely no battles.... I think the chances of that must be absurdly low... but when I start working on the game stuff, that will be all re-vamped.
KaijuImp

Postby Kurushimi » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:36 pm

"In the valley of mana, twins were born to two great powers, a beautiful sage of unparalleled youthful appearance, and a dragon wizard in human form."
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

I'm pretty sure this wants a semicolon after 'powers':
"In the valley of mana, twins were born to two great powers; a beautiful sage of unparalleled youthful appearance, and a dragon wizard in human form."

Also, I'm not sure 'unparalleled youthful appearance' is the best way to describe it. Perhaps something like 'a sage of unmatched youth and beauty'? Along with it, you may want to reconsider the use of two nouns (dragon wizard) to describe the other person.
"In the valley of mana, twins were born to two great powers; a sage of unmatched youth and beauty, and a dragon in human form."
"In the valley of mana, twins were born to two great powers; a sage of unmatched youth and beauty, and a wizard who was born a dragon but later gained the power to shift to human form."

And finally, 'twins were born to two great powers' sounds a bit weird, considering the first sentence.
"In the valley of mana, a pair of twins had just been born to two proud new parents; a sage of unmatched youth and beauty, and a wizard who was born a dragon but later gained the power to shift to human form."

"However with this joining of such powerful elements, a singularity unfolded that has never been seen before or after."

I may understand what you meant, but this is not the right spot for the word 'singularity'. It is a commonly misused word, but I shan't get into details. Along with that, the first segment needs a bit of help, and that the event has never been seen before or after isn't really that strange.
"With the joining of these great forces, however, came a great calamity, a disaster of a previously unimagined scope."

"Nyamene was turned inside out, mountains became deserts, oceans became plains, many of the creatures were fused with other creatures, but worse of all, anything with any human nature was sucked into two dimensions, the twins acting as the fulcrum of this tearing, opposing forces, all of the women were sucked in the dimension with the boy, and all of the men were thrown into the universe with the girl, nothing was as it had been before, the twins were ripped apart into their separate dimensions."

Where to begin? The sentence is way too long, segment it. Use a colon to indicate the start of a list. Worst, not worse. Human nature sounds like a strange way to measure something, as it's an arbitrary thing to have. I'm not sure a fulcrum can facilitate tearing. If the opposing forces were tearing, it would be 'these tearing'. How would one perform fellatio on all the women? The sentence is a mess, really.

"Nyamene was turned inside out: mountains became deserts, oceans became plains, and many creatures were fused together with others. Worse yet, all the humans were separated by gender and moved to two other dimensions. All the women ended up in one dimension with the boy, and all the men in another with the girl."

I'm not sure that's good enough, but it's better.

As VintageBass said, some people just like doing this kind of thing. I am willing to help out as well, should you so desire.
Last edited by Kurushimi on Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kurushimi

Postby KaijuImp » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:14 am

Wow after reading the suggestions I feel very stupid now. :D that was epic. Thank you so much for offering as well, I'm preparing a tool that will allow working on text's better, I got side tracked making the inventory system and other things like that, I'll be send you a PM about something in a sec.

Right now most of the text is just placeholders to know the backstory, I still need to figure out how to make it interesting enough to not want to skip, everyone I show the new prototype to wants to skip it... though it could be they are just not the reading type (they are often too far away to read the text, so I know it's not my horrible writing skills hehe)
KaijuImp

Postby Kurushimi » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:15 am

Wanting to skip the text? Heathens!
Kurushimi

Postby KaijuImp » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:23 pm

I know right :( I had a nice talk with a friend designer about how to make it better, and he gave me some great ideas on how to change the psychology of the player to actually want to read the text :D
KaijuImp

Postby KaijuImp » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:50 am

Christmas promo!
Christmas_2.jpg
KaijuImp

Postby VintageBass » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:04 am

KaijuImp Wrote:Christmas promo!

Awww, I wanna hug the wisp! :3
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Re: Monster Girls: Figurine Master (Dec 31, 2014)

Postby KaijuImp » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:23 pm

Updated! also.. i'm working on trying to setup screen recording system to start to show off as we work,.. or at least glimpses of it, I know I really enjoy watching others... -.- you know what i mean
KaijuImp

Postby SirBalto » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:44 am

I'm getting a error stating "Context3D not available! Possible reasons: wrong wmode or missing device support." Is this problem a user or equipment error? Or do I not have the appropriate programs?
SirBalto

Postby KaijuImp » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:03 am

it happens if you run the swf in the browser without a container that has a correct wmode, basically you can run it outside of the browser and it should be fine... I'm trying to find a way to allow both methods to run, (context 3d is to allow gpu access, so that it can run faster, but I'm not actually doing anything in the gpu yet)
KaijuImp

Postby Nobudi » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:51 pm

This is pretty awesome, can't wait to see what comes along later down the line.
Nobudi

Postby Dead2112man » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:31 pm

Interresting concept, wonder how much you will get done this year
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby KaijuImp » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:46 am

@Nobudi thanks! Feel free to chime in with what you are looking for as well :D

@Dead2112man thanks! hopefully lots, unfortunatly the start is slow due to setting up the 'foundation' - which is a lot of thinking and planning, but I hope to start posting reguar videos like this one http://youtu.be/o5Z97ulTvK0 for people to gague my productivity by.
KaijuImp

Postby KaijuImp » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:21 pm

Super Excited, lots of stuff done in this next versions release... a new monster girl has also been added :3 still very little gameplay in, mostly just data storage, preparing for the onslaught of lots of easy code to follow.

Wish releases at day job were this exciting :-/ gota figure out how to change that.
KaijuImp

Postby rebelseal » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:31 am

my eyesight is bad and the art i saw when i started it made my eyes ache im sad to say
rebelseal

Location: im confused as to what my location please is i believe it is in the Pacific

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects