Brothel Sim Game

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Brothel Sim Game

Postby meismike » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:39 am

Just updated the main post! Sorry for the big gap in updates.
meismike

Postby rebelseal » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:10 am

its showing promise I'm enjoying it just needs more sex positions and/or a goal
*edit: this is meant as constructive criticism not to be harassment or derogatory in any way i am sorry if it comes off as such and apologize in advance
rebelseal

Location: im confused as to what my location please is i believe it is in the Pacific

Postby meismike » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:35 pm

New update! Tell me what you think about the new art style.
meismike

Postby SirBalto » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:04 am

Quick question, did you intend for girls to be arrested when operating in your brothel? I ask because a man in blue just took my girl to jail when he came to my whorehouse. Also why does police interest increases in the slums when there isn't a risk of the law? Oh! And the map looks great.
SirBalto

Postby meismike » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:04 pm

Neither of the things you mentioned are supposed to happen... oops. I could have sworn I fixed the slums thing. Thanks for the tips!
meismike

Postby kenshin6671 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:11 pm

I'm pretty sure with the slums thing, the meter will go up visually but you won't get arrested and the meter will reset back to normal after you leave the screen or end the day I think. I'd say in general though the police are still way too crazy in other streets, which still makes just abusing the brothel way better than trying to use the streets ever. I think there should be some combination of making the brothel less rewarding for being totally safe and making the streets more rewarding for the risk involved.
kenshin6671
Newly Registered

Postby tehbeef » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:20 am

We're going all medieval now? Wasn't what I expected, but it works, and it'll probably emphasise the whole dungeon aspect. Looking forward to the backgrounds during scenes, hopefully all dirty and grimy, in true slums fashion. Oh and, the parts where guys run away after the job is done, I'd still like to see the scene take place, it'd make it feel more real. Depending on what you're priorities are now for the game, I'd really like to see some multi-client scenes soon. I'm really enjoying this game and want to keep seeing updates for it and this is my main go-to project at the moment, haven't actually been this anticipated since LOKvG. Oh well, just hope you keep motivated and have fun creating the game, as much as I'm having fun playing it!
tehbeef

Postby meismike » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:23 pm

The brothel is definitely the best answer right now and I need a way to change that. I'm still not sure how. I suppose I could decrease the payout. Also you are totally right about the slums police, it increases the bar, but you have no chance of being arrested. I think that makes sense, the police know about your crimes but if you keep it to the slums they wont bother you. The bar goes down a little bit each night regardless of what street you use.

As for your points tehbeef, we are talking about changing the models at some point. That's why I'm not doing animations that we are just goona scrap.
meismike

Postby footlover12345 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:09 am

do me two favors meismike please don't let this project turn out like breeding season ( its a mess right now if you look at it ) also please keep the footjob animation i know your going to scrap a few animations but i would still like to see at least a footjob animation in the new things your going to do with this project please and thank you also keep up the good work i still like it so far
footlover12345

Postby meismike » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:07 am

You are the reason there is a footjob in the first place footlover. I promise I will make one once we get the new models :)
meismike

Postby footlover12345 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:27 am

:oops: i couldn't have been the only person to have suggested that. Well ether way just thank you for adding it and promising to add it when the new models come in :D
footlover12345

Postby tehbeef » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:36 am

meismike Wrote:As for your points tehbeef, we are talking about changing the models at some point. That's why I'm not doing animations that we are just goona scrap.

Thanks for the info Meismike, I understand what you mean, but my points will stand for a while now. :D I'm still looking forward to what this game has to offer, and I'm still going to keep checking back for updates. How soon are you thinking of changing the models btw? Or do you have more important things to do? Or do you want it to remain... A kinky mystery? :)

footlover12345 Wrote:please don't let this project turn out like breeding season

I second that also, but it is pretty funny how widely vilified that game is now. But that's not this game is it? Promise me Meismike, promise me. :D
tehbeef

Postby meismike » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:48 am

I hate to say it, but the new models will probably take a super long time. We haven't even started on that end, and I wouldn't want to release it until we had a lot of hair and clothing options. Hell the original models were just taken from Corta's game, literally copy and paste, and then I learned how he structured them and how to change them at run time. So it is a very daunting task, one I'm both scared to death of and super excited for.

Yeah breeding season is getting some harsh shit these days, but I can't say I disagree. I get so excited when there is a new update, and it turns out to just be one scene. Although, hell I've basically done the same thing. Every time I make an update, I wonder if anyone actually cares enough to play it again. Recently, I have barely done any changes to the core game and have just been making it look better. These are super important things, but they aren't very interesting if you have already played the game.
meismike

Postby tehbeef » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:17 am

meismike Wrote:So it is a very daunting task, one I'm both scared to death of and super excited for.

I've been wanting to get into game design/flash animation for a while now, but the artwork and actually creating sprites to use in a game scares me like hell also. The biggest problem is though, I feel cheap using somebody else's work, and ultimately end up giving up for a while because of this. So I agree and almost understand what you mean by it being one of the most daunting tasks. Though different people find different aspects difficult to do and ultimately, spending more time on those things or getting help and advice from somebody with more experience than you is what will make it a great game. I'm glad you're excited though. :) I would've just given up by now, guess I'm just that fickle.

meismike Wrote:These are super important things, but they aren't very interesting if you have already played the game.

I'd be lying if I disagreed, but it's always nice to see updates of any kind to a game, obvious or not. Just an update in the changelog is enough for me. :D To know the project is still alive. I'd go as far to say that it it give me a sense of tension, and I'm always super excited when I get to finally see some awesome new scenes. I look forward to the new models, and hope you have all the ease in creating them. :)
tehbeef

Postby thatkidpc » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:37 am

meismike Wrote: Every time I make an update, I wonder if anyone actually cares enough to play it again. Recently, I have barely done any changes to the core game and have just been making it look better. These are super important things, but they aren't very interesting if you have already played the game.

I also like seeing the change logs and even something like smoothing a transition or making the game just a bit more stable is always nice. To me those improvements are like making a strong foundation before making the cosmetic changes. Don't get me wrong making animations and interfaces always have a big impact, but what good is the best scene if it crashes or you glitch out before you get there.

tldr: keep up the good work and not all the little things go unnoticed or unappreciated.
thatkidpc
Newly Registered

Postby silverfang mooncrest » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:54 pm

I'm interested in this game :o please keep working at it
silverfang mooncrest

Postby meismike » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:26 am

Thanks man :)

Got a cool update in the works right now.
meismike

Postby SieBoK » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:09 am

Hey, meismike and fellow forum readers! :)
I'm old lurker and very interested in this project. It was something that making me come pack and check for update almost every day! Really, mate - is very-very nice idea and (at least) for now you're going in the right direction.

Well... but there is something that really bugs my taste, so i decided to write. I know - taste and preference variance and is not a real critic to weighted my opinion, but i want to share. Maybe there is other lurkers or forum users, who agree with me.

What bothers me is the new style. Sorry, but this pixel work in muddy and greyish colors is not... nice. In every way - is good work and shows the skill for the artist, but is not for my taste and didn't suit for my idea of the game. What really bothers me is that reminds too much of Breeding Season - i don't like the animation or the art, and i'm pretty disappointed in the turn. For me - the old art was way more fun, better, smooth and sexy. So i really hope, really - here will not happen the same.

Thanks for reading and sorry for my bad english.
SieBoK
Newly Registered

Postby sandalbasket » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:40 pm

Can you add an option to fire/sell girls? Thanks
sandalbasket
Newly Registered

Postby meismike » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:37 am

Just posted the new public version. not a lot of functional difference, but it looks a lot better. Have fun!

SieBoK, I'm sorry you don't like the new style. Maybe you will like the new backgrounds Sismicious whipped up.

sandalbasket, that has been on my list of features to work on for a while. I'll try to have it in for the next update.
meismike

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects